Thread: Ideas On How To Improve AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default Ideas On How To Improve AL

Some of the main ideas my friends and I have had.

Sub Classes: AL currently is missing a few standard RPG classes such as a healer. It would be a massive project for devs to add completely new classes with new gear and vanitys. So why not just change skill trees to offer 2 versions of a class. In these new skill trees there could be base skills available to every subtype and special skills available to each subtype. Mage for example there could be 2 sub types 1 with skills like lightning that focus on dealing more damage and another type that is focused on healing. This would effectively add in almost new classes without having to take forever to code.

Forgotten Skills: there are 2 main skills in AL that see almost no use. 1. Rallying Cry: Some of you may have never seen this skill so here is what it does. Skill: 20 sec cool down, increases damage reduction by 5% for 8 sec. 1st Upgrade: increases the time of rallying cry to 12 sec. 2nd upgrade: nearby allies receive rallying cry buffs. 3rd upgrade now increases dodge by 25%. 4th upgrade: now increases speed by 10%. As you can see it isn't extremely good now since pets like nekro can do almost the same things but better. Possibly adding something like "the user constantly taunts mobs while rallying cry is in effect" might help this skill have a place in pve. 2. Storm Shot: Also a very rarely used skill that has a 5 sec cd and does AOE damage to up to 4 or 6 mobs depending on upgrade. Possibly a cool PvE effect could be added to this skill to make it slightly more used. Currently i have not thought of anything to add to make it better without making another OP pvp skill. Shadow Veil is also rarely played but not completely forgotten by lower end geared players.

New PvP Maps: It has been awhile since we have gotten a new PvP map. (not counting duel) These maps could include new game modes or the same modes with new terrain possibly modeled around each expansion. New game modes could possibly be a 1 flag CTF. Also i would love to have a invite only mode to custom maps that can be used for clashs and things. (without kdr that effects APS and LB)

Harder Elites: At the moment you don't need every class to do elites. Possibly adding mobs that need to be stuned or mobs that deal very high damage could fix this. (As many threads already discuss this topic i suggest finding these for more ideas)

Unique Procs: As we saw with the Halloween event STS is willing to put multiple versions of mythic items in the game. So why not try versions of mythic item sets. These sets would have the same stats and uniquely helpful procs that are roughly as powerful as the other sets. These sets could add a new way to make more unique builds because at the moment most builds only have different weapons.

Larger Variety Of Items To Farm: currently in AL there isn't much to farm since many things that someone would farm are not tradeable. I love having the ability to farm and craft more stuff now but after getting most these items you can't do much else. Maybe letting us trade a few more farmable things would help this issue and provide another way to farm gold than km3, bars and vials.

Please feel free to post constructive criticism of these ideas and possibly ideas of your own.
    Last edited by azagreoralu; 02-17-2016 at 08:09 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azagreoralu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

atm i cant complain cause glinstone aegis proc kill fast so put tanks a bit at pve again and mages staff proc is really useful for buff rogues to kill faster if sts continue tht sooner or later all classes will be important again!