Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Coming Soon to Arcane Legends: Skill Mastery!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Nice one, looking forward to testing on maps
    IGN : Trueorigine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is nice but.... 10 skill points is too much for ONE skill mastery.
    Gettee: Level 46 Sorcerer-High Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice idea DDD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Sounds great and i will be looking forward to testing it out

BUT!...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Just want to say that shadow storm strike range and number of enemies upgrades are fully bugged and currently don't work at all. If you don't fix those first, the skill mastery of that skill is useless.
    The skill mastery of aimed shot is useless as is too.
    Please gives us choices here. Not useless upgrades. Ty in advance!!!

From a rogue's standpoint only useful masteries are:
    1)Shadow Storm mastery, if and only if: the currently not working upgrades are fixed and they stack with the mastery + new maps have higher mob density than rengol
    2)Razor shield: mostly for PvP and maybe elite
    3)Noxious bolt mastery
    4) Traps mastery, if and only if: bleed not stacking is fixed
    Collector of items for all classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

I am not quite sure wether I feel excited about this or not, I don't know what I expected "skill mastery" to be but it wasn't this :/ To me it seems like now at level 56 we will have 55 points in total to spend, alongside Passives we have 8 skills to choose from each already with upgrades which will now include the possibility of another 10 options each on top (I am wondering will original values on the upgrades be staying the same or lessened too?), surely with 55 skill points maxing out even mastery of one skill is going to be impossible or meaning sacrificing other skills/passives completely? Maybe I am not understanding it correctly? I get that creating more diversity in class builds will be better but to me this feels like it is going more backwards than forwards and instead of gaining skills and abilities we will actually be losing ones we have now to try and "master" any? Not to mention the fact that critical is also being reduced from 1% increase on Passive to 0.60%...why does everything feel like it is either getting nerfed or at a complete stand still at the moment, it is like nothing is getting better, it either stays the same or you are losing something to gain only slightly in something else. I don't want to be negative and maybe once it is here it will make more sense, I guess I was just hoping there would be some new skills, something different. I think overall maybe 5 levels of skill mastery would be better and more viable than 10.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dex_addict For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I'm really disappointed. I thought some new skills will appear. This is just old skills with some upgrade and adjustment. Scale for new expansion but nothing that I can call "skill mastery" . Furthermore passive will be reduce

Come on sts, you tease skill mastery as a huge new content, where players can choose between various build.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sibayjing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

just let us become stronger for real as cap is increased sts tbh i cant imagine how next gear stat will be, this skill mastery tells us alot next cap is gonna same at this cap, very little progression (in some case de/re gression) with LOT OF works
    ,10skill points work beaten by 1 skill point omg i hope this is a joke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Please....Not lvl 56.... its a big GAP in 46 and the Arcane rings and arcane weapons will be OP fast if you will do a GAP of 10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I know this is kinda off-topic but...

If you are still going to make the next level cap 56,at least make a new way of leveling up.I wouldn't like to do WT4/KT4 all day long to level up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dimitrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Seems like a pretty good update to the game, again something we have to play with to discover what's the best build for you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

All i want to know how the allocation to be done with 5% more damage and 2% less crit for all clashes. How allocate b/w pvp pve coz its very complicated now like for pvp i will prefer 10/10 jugg and axe throw that have less advantage over rally cry and for pve i need to backup rally cry and vb .... loss points more skills available

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

are u kidding me ... jugganaut per point 0,25 sec less = 10 pts > 2,5 sec > so they are not to kill anymore ... good work... -.-
    for rogue seems also not really helpfull at all

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

warriors are too overpowered atm...
    ability to give whole team shield
    ability not to die nvm how much armor or hp
    danage like a rogue, range like a mage
    proceed 20 times faster than rogue ...
    1 warrior can now kill up to 4 player alone

4 warrior vs 4 rogue who will win ... we know the answer
    1 warrior 3 random > vs no warrior who will win... we know the answer
    conserning those skills mastery above... only warrior benefit again
    (sure mana for rogue is a good idea) but rest crap compared to warriors skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThaAnas View Post
    warriors are too overpowered atm...
    ability to give whole team shield
    ability not to die nvm how much armor or hp
    danage like a rogue, range like a mage
    proceed 20 times faster than rogue ...
    1 warrior can now kill up to 4 player alone

4 warrior vs 4 rogue who will win ... we know the answer
    1 warrior 3 random > vs no warrior who will win... we know the answer
    conserning those skills mastery above... only warrior benefit again
    (sure mana for rogue is a good idea) but rest crap compared to warriors skills
    Aww your mad? Because your crown has been taken away?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I will be honest here: the more I think about this skill mastery the more I am confused. In my opinion it offers little to no progress and/or impact on the gameplay. At least in PvE that is.

On the other hand you are actually nerfing 1 of the passives for no understandable reason. I really don't get it.

You could have done so many things with this. Just please take your time and look at other games. Plagiarize if u must but give us proper skill mastery. We all could give you ideas, I am sure. You just have to ask properly.

Thanks in advance!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

As cool as this seems I think it's going to create more problems. I mean we're still using broken passive skills like dmg passive. Why would I add points there when it doesn't work? This is a perfect situation to implement a test server and iron out the potential problems before releasing the new client. So many ppl complaining already.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    what a constructive comment! Everyone knows there is imbalance in pvp since the sword release you ask for being unfairly more dominant other than equality.

Nice, build warr 1/3 cost of rogue and kill people with your proc. Pro! that skills look how im proccing mad combo procs.. ppl like you and your dishonesty..

Asside from that this is not the topic of discussion of this matter go have your fun in pvp until expansion.
    Since the sword released there's been imbalanced? Please don't speak new player. You have no say in this. Ever since rogues can kill a "TANK" in 3 shots/combo that's called imbalance tank literally has 2.9k armor 8k health yet get put down in a combo or even at about 30-40% that's imbalanced. When tanks should be taking more hits before healing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

You need to increase the Goodies Gained from Mastering some skills , 4% chance to freeze ? Seriously for 10Points? You could max only like 2 skills and only 1%Hp gained for a second for 4 seconds? Make those benifits really High , so a certain Player will be OP with a Certain Skill of his choice. I would max my passive skills instead of those masteries as it gives me better stats.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoardseeker For This Useful Post:

25.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #59
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Thanks for the great feedback guys, and for keeping it constructive. A lot of concerns about power improvement level appear to be coming from a solo experience point of view, which is understandable. We do, however, have to design around the expectation that all of these could be used in tandem with a group of 4 of the same class, as well as mixed classes. Thanks to the great analysis of how effective the Time Clock can be at higher levels, now multiply that effect by 4 sorcerers. Same with the Taunts from Axe throw, or the Frost Bolt freeze effect. When combined with other players the scalar potential climbs pretty high.

A couple of insights on the masteries being brought up a lot thus far:

Frostbolt Freeze: 0.4% per attack may not seem like a lot, but at skill rank 10, with 4 Sorcerers, that's a 16% chance per collective cast to freeze a boss or Player for 2s. This is fairly powerful, on a small cooldown. We want it to feel like a boon when it goes off, but not overpowered to be game breaking.

Juggernaut Cooldown: This is 0.5 seconds per point, not 0.25 seconds for a total reduction of 5 seconds.

Lifegiver Sapling: Just to clarify, the chance for a sapling to spawn raises to 25% at level 10, the amount healed is always 4%. In a party of four that is always going to provide a sapling statistically, possibly more. They can overlap resulting in 1% per sapling if you're standing in the correct area.

Damage Passive: Previously the % Damage bonus was rendered useless by basically having any pet out with a % Damage multiplier as these did not stack. The 10% from your pet would be considered larger and those 5 points would be wasted. With the new change the damage will always be added, but can scale by those % benefits from primary stats and pets/elixirs. The bottom line is that players wil see more damage than they did previously based on how the system works.

Critical Reduction: This was done in conjunction with the damage change to balance out the damage output as well as provide more headroom for itemization moving forward. the 2% can be made up with Lightning Jewels or different gear combinations as a player sees fit, and we like the idea of choices and options in Arcane Legends.

Abilities with Mana Cost Reduction: These are intended for PvP more than PvE, as mana recovery is not available outside of skills. It certainly has its uses in PvE, but the benefits are far greater in PvP

Keep in mind as a part of this system coming out we intend to do more expansions and level caps in the future. The idea is to provide choices and options moving forward beyond the currently coming expansion, as until now we have hit a ceiling with skill points. The points being made about Curse punishments for extended DoT times and the like is an interesting angle, but we believe strategy of play is also important in terms of PvE vs PvP. We will obviously keep an eye on these masteries as players get there hands on them to play and test.

Keep the feedback coming, we're looking forward to everyone playing with these and experiencing them in play and not on paper!

- Carapace
    Last edited by Carapace; 02-25-2016 at 03:20 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sweet \(^_^)/ can't wait