Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [important] new arcane sword too op [important]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Exclamation [important] new arcane sword too op [important]

Hey all, I'm sure you all may know me from you tube or just know me through the game (channel name Absolute zrzj ~ Mostly just guides for the game)

I have a huge concern on this new arcane sword that space time studios has released and some suggestions on how to possibly fix it... Now I have been playing this game for 3 years now and of course I love the community and the company but sometimes things get a little bit crazy and unethical in a way that just makes the game completely unfair for some of us, for example space time studios kinda has a pattern on releasing weapons. They always had new mythics released during the winter and Halloween events and usually those weapons lasted a couple months before better ones came out. But this year space time studios 1) surprised us with the glint stone mythics coming out during the Halloween event without any teasers which was some what bad in a way but it also helped the issue of the whole "sell your weapons now... new weapons coming out" which caused prices of the current "good" weapons at that time to crash and a lot of us lost a lot of gold that way. Now the second point I want to make is this...sometimes they do give teasers about weapons and everyone does sell their weapons really cheap but then when those new weapons come out they sometimes are worse than the past "good" old weapons and people end up regretting the decision they made about selling their old weapons and lose gold and usually the cause for that is not because the stats sucked, its usually because those new supposedly "good" weapons were suppose to be better but ended up being bugged and I really hate the fact that this happens and it creates a lot of frustration for a lot of the players in the game(in some cases people quit the game).

This is what I think space time studios should do, they should have a test server for every single tiny new major updates or anything that may effect the AL Economy or players in a huge way or at least take the time to test those weapons or new skill update before it goes live(#RIPJugBuff2015) just so some of us or most of us don't get frustrated and I'm sure the community can wait the amount of time needed to test those new updates or weapons before they go live as long as they are not bugged when they are released.

(would like to make a point about how fast the glint stone weapons got outdated and had the shortest time to be used out of all the weapons sts released before, not only we did not get to use them that much but we also did not have time to save up money for a new weapon or prepare at all)

Now Besides all that, space time studios sorta had a pattern on releasing things but this time it was a bit different, so for example if you take a look back on the old arcane weapons and their lvls, rogues got their first arcane weapon first which were daggers which aren't the preferd weapons for this class but it was fine at the time since none of the other classes got an arcane weapon which made rogues some what rule everything at that time. After those daggers were released the arcane maul came along at lvl 31(which was the expansion after) which was a huge major impact and took a huge effect on warriors overall, in fact the arcane maul is somewhat still liable to use at lvl 46(that's how OP it was), now if we go back in time you might of thought how come warriors got their preferred weapons and rogues did not, and to be honest I'm not sure why space time studios did not give warrior a bulwark instead just to make it fair for everyone but my guess would be, people were probably complaining at that time about how useless warriors (just like how they always do, I was a warrior myself and I did the same) are because we all know that no one will ever stop complaining about it... well of course not now they got their rising moment at the time.

Anyways next expansion space time studios released the arcane staff for mages which made sense that they got a staff since rogues got daggers and the staff is not the mage preferd weapon. Now I'm sure every single one of us was probably guessing (before all the teasers) "oh space time studios will release a new arcane weapon for rogue and it will be a bow this time since they got daggers last time"... Well they did not, in fact space time studios decided to release new arcane weapons for all the classes and even better this time, they gave rogues and mages the same thing as the past expansions (staff and daggers) and gave warriors a completely broken and overpowered sword/one handed weapon (again!) that dominates everything in the game pvp/pve. Now personally I used to pve all the time, I did timed runs for a while and I still do them from time to time, but right now I pvp mostly and let me tell you this, this forum may not concern the pve players but for the pvp players out there, they know exactly what I mean...warrior players probably don't care since they are op or will tell you to go make a war, well guess what sometimes people do not like the play style for other classes and that's why they choose to be the class they are currently, and just because warriors are the "new op" class doesn't mean we all should switch to that class (that will just cause a huge unbalance in the classes overall).

Currently it is impossible to play as any class in pvp that is not a warrior, try to clash in a room with just 1 warrior, its usually fine, but 2+ warriors on both teams gets really irritating and super frustrating for rogues specially because the proc not only melts the hp bars but it stuns! and rogues are the only class that don't have a skill that makes them immune to stuns or slows for a certain amount of time, mages have their shields which lasts a couple seconds and warriors have their juggernaut. The only way to have a "fair"/"fun" clash is to have a clash with no warriors which isn't even fun as much (and hard to create an "all dps clash", since sometimes warriors join and don't want to leave) since all players just die really fast, pvp does not take any skill or tactical strategies anymore, it's all about stacking warriors now a days, having a team of 5 warriors would beat anything in the game and even then at that point of having a clash of 5 warriors vs 5 warriors, it just becomes a luck thing, essentially whoever procs their weapon first wins it all. And the best part about this, is how all warriors now think they are good and they are the gods of the game when really it only takes a very unintelligent person to use the new sword to destroy and dominate everyone in pvp. Besides all of that... rogues in pvp with the new weapons are okay.... expect for the part when it comes to their weapon's proc. They have absolutely the most useless proc I have ever seen at this time, first of all the thing barely procs, second who is gona auto attack as a rogue in pvp, isn't this class all about keeping distance and not dying specially when warriors can auto lock you down with their new weapons!. And the last point I wana make is this, at this stage of the game everyone has Nekro, No one will get stunned ... like ever, since we all have immune shields, and this just puts out the dagger procs completely out of business. And as in for staffs I don't have much experience but I know for a fact that it is not even close to how useless these dagger's proc are.

For the pve players out there, don't worry those weapons are all actually very good in pve specially the rogue one since you can keep all the mobs stunned which helps a lot for elites, and the swords are the same as well. My point is this, buff the crap out of the stats for the daggers and the staff so rogues/mages have a chance to play pvp without getting completely destroyed by warriors, or completely change their procs and give them something that will give a fair match up with the swords or just change the swords proc or modify it in a way were mage/rogues won't complain for the next 3-4 month before the new expansion is out and the weapons which will be most likley get outdated since space time studios decided to add 10 lvls for the expansion this time instead of 5 lvls which I know what the reason for it is but that does not matter as in for now, but who knows if the weapons will be outdated next expansion and if they are then no one will worry about it and if they are not, I'm sure something new will come out and make the game some what balanced.

If you got this far, I'm amazed, since it was a lot reading, but I hope you read it

I really hope you all understand my point of view on this issue and I would like some opniuns or feedback on this in the comments section
    I also hope that space time studios sees this thread and does reply or get back to us soon about this issue some where in the near future

as in for now good luck to all of you rogues and mages that are out there struggling in pvp, just hope for the best and try to have fun
    Last edited by Nrzj; 02-24-2016 at 07:50 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nrzj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

True, arc sword is way to op

They need to nerf it to max 3-4 fumes nd also reduce the proc rate.. not only for PvE but also for PvP, cuz it's no fun anymore... everyone calls 4 tanks. They do even more dmg with the proc then Dps toons.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D405 met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

rogues are the only class that don't have skill to make them immune to stun. l think razor does this. ..everyone has a Nekro and is immune to stuns you said this. ..rogues proc is useless coz everyone is immune to stun with Nekro but warrior's weapon is op coz it stuns. wut?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Sigh..

Sts finally does something to make warriors a little better and everyone just looses there mind

Just like breeze was to op , and nekro was to op, and Roges were to op, mages shield made them to op, I even remember a thread saying crawly was to op ( long time ago)

Give warriors something to make them a force in PvP and everyone acts like Sts peronaly came to there house and kicked there dog

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

buff nerf drama again, if they nerf then everyone going to demand it be buffed again. meh
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konafez View Post
    Sigh..

Sts finally does something to make warriors a little better and everyone just looses there mind

Just like breeze was to op , and nekro was to op, and Roges were to op, mages shield made them to op, I even remember a thread saying crawly was to op ( long time ago)

Give warriors something to make them a force in PvP and everyone acts like Sts peronaly came to there house and kicked there dog
    You gotta be fair on this, i cant beat an arc sword warior. That ain't normal, i used to beat a lot of wariors ..:/

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diimitrii View Post
    You gotta be fair on this, i cant beat an arc sword warior. That ain't normal, i used to beat a lot of wariors ..:/

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk
    Any decently geared maul tank can beat any mage if he has the skill,
    hed have to have para full noble and maybe some eyes to beat the top mages but if enough skill is given and gear aswell tanks will always beat mages, thats not because of the sword but because of nekroes.
    Nekroes have taken away the biggest mage offensive strength, stuns, therefore a tank with nekro has a natural advantage over a mage. Sword doesnt change much.
    Last edited by Oezheasate; 02-24-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

If sts actually decided to partake in testing any of their new content, we wouldn't have so many issues. Devs don't really play, it's sad but true. Remiems character has 4k pve kills. How can they expect to have any idea how the game works if they don't play?
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

So you claim you play mainly PvP, yet you don't know which skill gives rogues stun/slow immunity? Anyway, I for one, as someone who rarely pvps, would wonder how legit the words of someone could be, who doesn't even know her/his main class!

Anyway I am not a warrior and don't even have a maxed warrior. However warriors have had a hard time in PvE for a very very long time. Now finally they are useful, really useful. This is not only due to the arcane sword, but also aegis. Please don't try make them useless again!!!
    Whatever changes should be made to this weapon, make them PvP only.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

aww wow rogues and mages are complaining now lmao?? Yes nrzj we all know you are zrzj , the rogue. For starters sts have not fixed juggernaut as they were supposed to. You think its fair for somebody with 3k armour to get 2 shotted in pvp? You think it was fun going in pvp as a tank and being murdered unless you had some decent gear and friends? With out the arc sword and its awesome proc, warriors become pointless again. To buff its proc will make warriors useless. Dont jump on our fun, its our time now to be OP. The only pathetic part of it, is that sts allowed all the items to become ridiculously cheap, so that any person new or old can buy the weapons or loot it. I see unknown tanks i've never heard off with 7k hp and no planar pendant but have mythic set, running around with Arc sword. Messed up right? Gone are the days where gear was ridiculously hard to get. And where there where a certain tier of people with great gear.. Now days the game is flawed , everyone has access to the best stuff, its a joke. And that is the problem. There is no fun in doing runs and achieving anything. Just buy gold, buy gear.. and tada u r op.. Notice all the newbies in game with under 20k pve kills, with nekro/sns/mythic set?.. How is that so sts?
    Plz revise your strategy sts. Atleast let us be rewarded for our work and money spent. Game is becoming boring very fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oezheasate View Post
    Any decently geared maul mage can beat any mage if he has the skill,
    hed have to have para full noble and maybe some eyes to beat the top mages but if enough skill is given and gear aswell tanks will always beat mages, thats not because of the sword but because of nekroes.
    Nekroes have taken away the biggest mage offensive strength, stuns, therefore a tank with nekro has a natural advantage over a mage. Sword doesnt change much.
    what's a maul mage o_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Zrjz , I support you....

To peeeps who called themselves as ( OP WARS) stop dreaming brother you know why? Cuz we mage and rogue will take the throne back from you.....

I'm watching you....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

All the treads about arcane sword are waste of time rouges can 2 hit most players but u all hating on warriors having a advantage 1 time in game I don't see the point if u dislike it so much leave lobby don't ruin it for all the PVE players that need proc

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Anyway I am not a warrior and don't even have a maxed warrior. However warriors have had a hard time in PvE for a very very long time. Now finally they are useful, really useful. This is not only due to the arcane sword, but also aegis. Please don't try make them useless again!!!
    I hope STS ignores the "nerf the sword" cries. I PvE and I finally have a weapon that's fun to use, makes me useful on runs, and all of a sudden people want to take it away. This sword has made the game fun again, for me, and people are clamoring for it to be taken away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    So you claim you play mainly PvP, yet you don't know which skill gives rogues stun/slow immunity? Anyway, I for one, as someone who rarely pvps, would wonder how legit the words of someone could be, who doesn't even know her/his main class!

Actually I do know my class very well, razors do not give u immunity after you use them, you do not just become immune to stuns... it could be bugged but I have not been able to actually use them properly and supposedly at the moment you are suppose to use them after getting stunned then you will get "unstunned" but that does not work either... so please go play rogues first and come back here and tell me it gives you immunity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Ya but warriors were never the best now when they actually great they get all the hare when rouges still can kill just as fast mages can still kill its just because now warrior have a equal chance to kill all the complain happens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I will do same whenever in future rogue will get something op. This is happening coz warriors were inferior class from long and there were 60-75% Rogue players. Now, The majority regret to be a rogue, But they should realize its temporary. Everyone shpuld have their time. Its warriors time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Guys, classes aren't great of their weapons. They are great for the function they fulfill. PvP is another story. The new released arcane weapons are meant to be that way, they all are OP, they all have their use, their own strategies and set up. It's been 3 weeks now. You can't blame warriors for being OP without really knowing your own weapon. I am sure that someone will come up with a crazy way to beat up warriors soon and warrior won't be "great" anymore. STOP asking for nerf and buffs, the weapons are there and they won't change. If you want to keep using them, better change your OWN strategy, adapt YOURSELF to your weapon. Don't be angry because the weapon doesn't work the way YOU want.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forgivings View Post
    All the treads about arcane sword are waste of time rouges can 2 hit most players but u all hating on warriors having a advantage 1 time in game I don't see the point if u dislike it so much leave lobby don't ruin it for all the PVE players that need proc
    I'm not saying ruin it for PVE players, I'm saying find that "equilbraim point" for all of us pvp and pve players