Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [important] new arcane sword too op [important]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    It's PvP, the point is to kill the opponent, attacking during those 15+2 seconds seems to be a stupid idea, yes run away and attack at the right moment, or find a way to stun him first. You're a sorcerer, you have arcane shield. Find a way, there is no scared crap. You kill him, good fight, good night
    Ummm... you can't stun them because they have nekro as well and for that certain amount of time around 17-20 seconds, if the warrior does not kill you, they are just simply undergeared, but if you find a warrior that is geared as well as you, the warrior would win eassssssssssssly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kydrian View Post
    No they aren't it doesn't matter about the wep just skill.

LMAO, TYPICAL WARRIOR REPLY ... "it doesn't matter about the wep just skill", of course you would say that right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaizor View Post
    I don't PvP, but I LOL'd at this, so you CAN kill warriors, but it's harder and you don't want to work/strategize for those kills anymore.
    I only can because some things can go wrong for example, the warrior's weapon won't proc, or they won't heal or jug early since they underestimated my damage or some error play on their part... and usually that's the only reason I would beat a tank once or twice out of 10 vs's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allocate View Post
    For all you Rogues who can't seem to figure it out.

Do you cross the road when there are cars driving past or do you cross the road without looking? Cross the ROAD when it's safe! Stop running into the flames and getting pulled in. You can't just steamroll Warriors so easily like before. You have to actually "Play" now. Yes, its hard but remember you are playing a "Game" not "Spam buttons until you win" simulator.

As I said in the Arcane Sword thread:

FAKE Rogue players be like, what?

We can't just spam "skill attacks" all day and win? We actually have to form a strategy and master our class to the best of our ability? I thought I was playing "Pay-to-win" and "I'm horrible at 'real' games, so I need to play "Stat-based" games, ya know, just kill monsters to 'git gud' and dump some cash to get stats faster and kill people with weaker stats than us? You mean, I can't feel good about myself so easily? I have to work for my wins? Oh no, I forfeit, need to find another stat abuse simulator/game so I can pay/abuse to win again.

And when they can't. Haha, they come back. No other stat-based game is horrible at balance as AL in terms of classes. Never do you see Warriors so helpless in other MMOs. For a while in AL, you did.... Well now things have changed and STS have done a fantastic job at giving something warriors can defend themselves with and not be picked off helplessly like baby sea lions. This target hits back now, and hard! So you better be good, adapt and learn how to maximize your builds or you can go keep crying in the corner. Don't think STS will change your diapers. Even more sad, if you are a grown adult, how embarrassing.

REAL Rogue Players will have assessed the situation already and have found a sound strategy against the new proc. Never quit or cried but accepted this new challenge with open arms for they are of the what we call "Pro", the real professionals, who play the "game". They can play any game and will succeed because they have the drive/competitive mindset of a Fighter. Take notes you whiny little children.

and also, Clashes suck anyway, you never could tell what was happening because there was so much happening on the screen or where your friends/enemies were most of the time because of the terrible user interface, IT'S ALL JUST A SPAM WAR. For rogues, it was easy; just charge and shoot, repeat all day, oh how 'skillful'. The procs make it hard for you now, that's why. If you can't beat something, retreat and wait for an opportunity or keep dieing because LOL like I said above, you are terrible at crossing the road.

It can even be your device, its too low tech to handle all that's happening on screen, especially now that we got flames all over the place. You need to invest in a more powerful tablet/mobile/laptop/PC. Players that still kill warriors have top of the line hardware so they don't suffer the frame drops and all that technical jazz; a $3k Computer should suffice. Your internet service might also be not enough to handle all the data that's happening, in this case, upgrade your plan.

tl:dr, The Proc is a defensive skill. It's not hurled at you, its surrounds the class with traps. STOP RUNNING INTO TRAPS!
    Get better, learn how to play your class's strengths and learn how to strategize instead of button mashing all day.

Bonus Tips! Read these books: The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi and The Art of War by Sun Tzu
    Do you even pvp? Need nekro buff at the beginning or risk ruining heal cycles and shield cycles. Tanks come ss'ing in with their 3 axes. Pull to mid then second 2 sets of 3 axes each pull you more straight into 15 lava pools. One or the other isn't so bad. Axe sets plus sword proc, plus broken stun immunity in the sword is bad. Too far back and can't help, team gets wiped. Too close you get wiped. The solution is having equal sets and fingers crossed your teams swords proc first and more. That my friend, is button mashing combined with luck. Only alternative is to hide in a cove. Where you can still be bombed through walls by fervor. Or back in the cove where the invincible, invulnerable warrior can still pull.

It's not about crying and adapting. It's about something that is broken. Fix the stun immunity issue and they should probably cap the number of pools a sword can proc.

It's beatable. We run over sword tank teams all day. But that doesn't mean it's right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allocate View Post
    For all you Rogues who can't seem to figure it out.

Do you cross the road when there are cars driving past or do you cross the road without looking? Cross the ROAD when it's safe! Stop running into the flames and getting pulled in. You can't just steamroll Warriors so easily like before. You have to actually "Play" now. Yes, its hard but remember you are playing a "Game" not "Spam buttons until you win" simulator.

As I said in the Arcane Sword thread:

FAKE Rogue players be like, what?

We can't just spam "skill attacks" all day and win? We actually have to form a strategy and master our class to the best of our ability? I thought I was playing "Pay-to-win" and "I'm horrible at 'real' games, so I need to play "Stat-based" games, ya know, just kill monsters to 'git gud' and dump some cash to get stats faster and kill people with weaker stats than us? You mean, I can't feel good about myself so easily? I have to work for my wins? Oh no, I forfeit, need to find another stat abuse simulator/game so I can pay/abuse to win again.

And when they can't. Haha, they come back. No other stat-based game is horrible at balance as AL in terms of classes. Never do you see Warriors so helpless in other MMOs. For a while in AL, you did.... Well now things have changed and STS have done a fantastic job at giving something warriors can defend themselves with and not be picked off helplessly like baby sea lions. This target hits back now, and hard! So you better be good, adapt and learn how to maximize your builds or you can go keep crying in the corner. Don't think STS will change your diapers. Even more sad, if you are a grown adult, how embarrassing.

REAL Rogue Players will have assessed the situation already and have found a sound strategy against the new proc. Never quit or cried but accepted this new challenge with open arms for they are of the what we call "Pro", the real professionals, who play the "game". They can play any game and will succeed because they have the drive/competitive mindset of a Fighter. Take notes you whiny little children.

and also, Clashes suck anyway, you never could tell what was happening because there was so much happening on the screen or where your friends/enemies were most of the time because of the terrible user interface, IT'S ALL JUST A SPAM WAR. For rogues, it was easy; just charge and shoot, repeat all day, oh how 'skillful'. The procs make it hard for you now, that's why. If you can't beat something, retreat and wait for an opportunity or keep dieing because LOL like I said above, you are terrible at crossing the road.

It can even be your device, its too low tech to handle all that's happening on screen, especially now that we got flames all over the place. You need to invest in a more powerful tablet/mobile/laptop/PC. Players that still kill warriors have top of the line hardware so they don't suffer the frame drops and all that technical jazz; a $3k Computer should suffice. Your internet service might also be not enough to handle all the data that's happening, in this case, upgrade your plan.

tl:dr, The Proc is a defensive skill. It's not hurled at you, its surrounds the class with traps. STOP RUNNING INTO TRAPS!
    Get better, learn how to play your class's strengths and learn how to strategize instead of button mashing all day.

Bonus Tips! Read these books: The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi and The Art of War by Sun Tzu
    ummm, you obviously can't make any statement about rogues or any class except for your class which im assuming is warrior based of which side you are currently arguing for, I have a mage, a warrior and a rogue all lvl 46, I played tank lvl 36 cap, mages lvl 41 cap and now I'm playing rogue... I think I can make a fair statement about most of each classes in pvp not as much for mage since I didn't pvp as much with the mage class, but let me tell you this, this game isn't about who pays the most gets the best stats (some people farm hard to get to where they are today, so it isn't just paying money), and stop trying to act up as if we are kids and we are whining about something, because you obviously have no idea what it takes to play rogues since all you said was"charge and aim all day" and that's how you play rogue and if it is, please go do it and tell me how it goes...make sure you only charge and aim and let me know how it goes .

Besides all that what you are saying would be like me saying "ahhh warrior is just charge jug and tap auto attack all day", crazy right? so hard to do, this is exactly how you are making it sound, when in reality it actually takes a lot more than that, so please stop making any statements or claims about any class when you never tried them and if you did try them (which I highly doubt) please come and prove it to me, because a guy like you calling everyone here little kids, really is the only kid here for trying to act up as if you are the "know it all" type of guy, when in reality you have no clue on what you are saying and clearly off of what you said you don't pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would also like to point out to that fact that, rogues got a really useless bonus set for their glint set for pvp and warriors did not, so the sword really only adds up to the problem,I'm not saying the set is too op and should be nerfed but, warriors you got your "plus" there, sts should look more into releasing things that work out for both classes in pvp and pve but this is besides the point, I'm just bringing up this to show all of you that warriors are not always useless the game was fine how it is (clash wise) before the new arcane weapons and most of you will reply and say "well what if you don't have gold for the set, it's only for the rich... not everyone can get it so its not a "plus""... let me just say this, this sword can stay the way it is if it wasn't so cheap, but sadly any "noob" can get it which just makes things worse since every room you run into always has a warrior with a sword somewhere while when the sets were out they weren't very common so they weren't as op, while the swords are really common.

Also don't reply back talking about the set or trying to argue about that, I'm just trying to make a point and show all you warriors that you aren't always "lower/less privileged class"

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #47
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Please remember to keep the discussion civil and on topic, thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

What happens when you let a certain class think they rule over the others? This. This is what happens When a different class finally has the crown, a lot of excuses and cryings until things return to the way they want it. Ftr, this game doesn't just revolve around PvP. It's just funny how all this crying game hasn't stopped since Arcane weapons have been released.

But since this thread is about PvP anyway, why not change your tactics when dealing with your enemies? You're not a robot. You can do a whole lot better than just spamming your typical 1234 skills. Or just simply accept the fact that there are better, smarter and stronger players than you. Nothing lasts forever #TheEnd

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixenne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vixenne View Post
    What happens when you let a certain class think they rule over the others? This. This is what happens When a different class finally has the crown, a lot of excuses and cryings until things return to the way they want it. Ftr, this game doesn't just revolve around PvP. It's just funny how all this crying game hasn't stopped since Arcane weapons have been released.

But since this thread is about PvP anyway, why not change your tactics when dealing with your enemies? You're not a robot. You can do a whole lot better than just spamming your typical 1234 skills. Or just simply accept the fact that there are better, smarter and stronger players than you. Nothing lasts forever #TheEnd
    This isn't the issue. You're missing it entirely. Better, smarter stronger players would have had a similar result before the sword. I can assure you they didn't. I have no problem with gear giving anyone in any class an advantage over not as geared players. I have an issue when a piece of equipment can break pvp. It was recognized before that it was broken and they tried to fix. They missed a very important piece. The sword ignores stun immunity rules still. As I said, this isn't about losing. I have plenty of sword tanks in my guild. Heck, I keep a spare sword to loan tanks in guild that don't have it. The issue for me at least, is that the weapon is still bugged. No player, including tanks should be able to be stun locked for these crazy amounts of time. Ideally, with timing and each classes skill set, there should be a natural ebb and flow. When you make mistakes, you should be able to identify and correct them. Adjust as people in this thread have said. When something ignores a particular rule in pvp, i.e. Breeze, it must be stopped. There is no counter. Only luck that your team procs first and more.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    This isn't the issue. You're missing it entirely. Better, smarter stronger players would have had a similar result before the sword. I can assure you they didn't. I have no problem with gear giving anyone in any class an advantage over not as geared players. I have an issue when a piece of equipment can break pvp. It was recognized before that it was broken and they tried to fix. They missed a very important piece. The sword ignores stun immunity rules still. As I said, this isn't about losing. I have plenty of sword tanks in my guild. Heck, I keep a spare sword to loan tanks in guild that don't have it. The issue for me at least, is that the weapon is still bugged. No player, including tanks should be able to be stun locked for these crazy amounts of time. Ideally, with timing and each classes skill set, there should be a natural ebb and flow. When you make mistakes, you should be able to identify and correct them. Adjust as people in this thread have said. When something ignores a particular rule in pvp, i.e. Breeze, it must be stopped. There is no counter. Only luck that your team procs first and more.

Great explanation. For that I salute you sincerely. Coz all these floods of cries in the forums are just for selfish reasons and getting out of hand.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Why are tanks able to stunlock indefinitely when mages, the "stun" based class cannot? Defies logic. Fix the bug, leave the damage. The main reason rogues have so much difficulty fighting it is because they have to give up nox for razor to prevent being stunlocked. Razor has absolutely no value are a skill apart from the stun immunity. Both mages and tanks have stun immunity skills that are necessary for PvP. Rogues got the short end of the deal, having to choose between damage efficiancy and stun immunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seoratrek View Post
    Please remember to keep the discussion civil and on topic, thanks!
    Yeah, what Seo said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    Do I even make sense? PvP is about button mashing first, hoping you win with luck. I'm not crying. I mean if we mash faster than the other team, we will win. Not all the time like before, so something is not right. Yeah they still lose though but we want them to always lose, you know? I don't like it. You know, losing. That should be them.

PvP.... I don't like it right now. What I really want is that they just take all my arrows like a dog and die. Not have to deal with volcanoes and have to deal with damage and danger. I'm there to kill and kill only, not be killed. PvP right now. I don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrzj View Post
    You don't know anything about Rogues. I have played different classes from 36-46 so I know my PvP. I worked my butt off really hard for this game but I'm not a kid. I know my Rogue PvP but I can't tell you how I play my Rogue. Just know, I'm one of the best Rogues. I'm not a kid, trust me. I'm the best.

Also, Any "noob" can get it and I don't like losing to "noobs". I'm the best. And Warriors aren't the lower, less privileged class anymore.
    Keep it down will ya?
    Sike, like I can hear you over the sound of Rogues on fire :P

On topic, you guys take PvP way too seriously. And as soon as you did, you already lost. Go outside. Breathe. Formulate. Breathe more.

Stun lock? Maybe you guys aren't used to using other skills for protection, perhaps your timing or execution is off. Lag can also be a factor and frame-drops can also contribute to jammed keys. I have confidence, STS have thoroughly tested the Sword and it can be bested by the best players with high-end devices that eliminate the lag and frame-drops. Wait a while, the Skill Mastery Update might help. You better maximise the anti-stun skills if that's your problem.

Only thing broken right now is your fighting spirit or lack of
    Last edited by Allocate; 02-25-2016 at 06:41 AM.
    Hi, this is my signature:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Allocate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i just say put limits at stats at pvp and limits per classes at each team will fix alot of things!just my opinion btw!atm 3-4 wars with sword dominate the other team! before tht sword 2-3 mages full eyes and 2-3 rogues full eyes dominate a team with 1 tank!! just put health/crit limits per class and limit per tanks/mages in each team will help alot!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to greekAL For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

That with limits per class in its team will help

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ekalh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

No they aren't it doesn't matter about the wep just skill.

It is... this has nothing to do with skill anymore. It's just Axe, Vb, Jug nd Horn... nd spamming normal attack..

Today a set tank killed us 1v3 only by tapping at reg. attack so the wep will proc... it makes me -10% HP a sec.. nd ive atm 5.7k hp tho lol

Just bs, 0% of skill at 90% of the tanks.

The wep does all the work lol

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D405 met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runagain View Post
    It is... this has nothing to do with skill anymore. It's just Axe, Vb, Jug nd Horn... nd spamming normal attack..

Today a set tank killed us 1v3 only by tapping at reg. attack so the wep will proc... it makes me -10% HP a sec.. nd ive atm 5.7k hp tho lol

Just bs, 0% of skill at 90% of the tanks.

The wep does all the work lol

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D405 met Tapatalk
    Not really even a war procs the wep doesn't mean your going to lose/die as long as you know the enemy has the Arcane sword time your heals/shield. Maybe your undergeared idk but I try 3v1 and only at least get one not all three.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Not really even a war procs the wep doesn't mean your going to lose/die as long as you know the enemy has the Arcane sword time your heals/shield. Maybe your undergeared idk but I try 3v1 and only at least get one not all three.

He or she is geared to the gills. Half the tanks here I swear. This is a silly bug. Must be fixed. Half the people talking about this bug here are playing maxed clash at end game. If a tank here truly believes I or many others here lack skill then idk what to say. These are legitimate concerns. For the tanks that are happy they can finally tdm and think the rest of us are unskilled or haven't exhausted other work arounds for this bug, let's just play then. I'm not concerned with tanks that are finally able to not get farmed. The concern comes from playing against very skilled tanks around. The ones that win the pvp tournaments. The ones considered to be top notch. Those are the ones, the really skilled ones, that the sword ignoring stun immunity, gives a big advantage to. It happens all the time now when a team is wiped less the last jugg tank and he now will instakill 2 or 3 out of the 5 remaining on the opposing team. It's 100% due to the proc that also stuns repeatedly. It's like having the purple Sns pools with stun that ignores stun immunity. That is essentially what this sword proc is right now. Pm me for a game.

Papapaper
    Kriticality
    Papalicks

I dunno what my name will be but surely we can play. I feel that some people, through no fault of anyone's just haven't experienced what this can really be like. Many tanks are saying the same thing about the sword. Although I certainly understand why they wouldn't come forward in a thread about it, it still needs to be rectified.

24.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey guys. There's a ton of valuable feedback here. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on the new weapon. I'm going to close this thread before it derails, but I'll be talking over your feedback with the devs. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com