Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | February 24, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Will we see dmg & weak primary jewels drop from L56 mobs/bosses?
    Avy
    12-2012

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    No-one is talking about maxing their jewels in a week. But it's gonna be one year soon. How many noble mind or finesse jewels have you farmed so far? I've played almost every day (with a few short breaks) and I doubt I have hit 2k cracked jewels combined. Finesse, mind, fury, chaos COMBINED. This might be okay for you, but it's not for me.
    I haven't farmed any vegetables ever (in my life) but somehow I eat a salad every evening with dinner.

If you are relying on farming every item you need then you are approaching this game in a way in which you cannot possibly compete. The best strategy is to farm for items in general, sell what you farm, and then buy what you need. That's my approach and so far I have 4 noble jewels, 2 superb jewels, and the rest are excellent. I have no doubt that during the next cap I will have every slot filled with at least a superb jewel. And there are many players who play a lot more than me, and many who spend lots of plat (I don't) who will have maxed out their characters. There needs to be room for those folks to improve as well.

The jewel system is a very good one in this way. Even the most wealthy players can only achieve a very small advantage by having a +9 jewel over a +8 or +7 jewel. This is a far cry from the old system (last year) that had rich players having 100m+ arcane rings and 20m+ arcane pets while most others had to do with much inferior legendary gear and pets. Now the prices of arcane and mythic items are affordable for everyone. So then what is left for the elite players to spend their fortunes on? The answer is jewels. If you take that away, then there is really nothing to keep the top players interested in this game. And don't forget that they are the ones who spend the vast majority of the plat, and they support the game that the rest of us play for free. If they leave, so will the game.

So what if you do not have any +8 or +7 jewels and you feel they would be too difficult to obtain. Maybe some of us don't feel that way at all. Why then does their existence bother you? You are not being forced to obtain these items. The lower tier jewels will still exist as well.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 02-26-2016 at 12:15 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I haven't farmed any vegetables ever (in my life) but somehow I eat a salad every evening with dinner.
    Eh, you said jewel farming is where you make most of your gold. That's why I asked.

Rest of your post is irrelevant to the issue at hand.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

If you are relying on farming every item you need then you are approaching this game in a way in which you cannot possibly compete. The best strategy is to farm for items in general, sell what you farm, and then buy what you need. That's my approach and so far I have 4 noble jewels, 2 superb jewels, and the rest are excellent. I have no doubt that during the next cap I will have every slot filled with at least a superb jewel. And there are many players who play a lot more than me, and many who spend lots of plat (I don't) who will have maxed out their characters. There needs to be room for those folks to improve as well.

The jewel system is a very good one in this way. Even the most wealthy players can only achieve a very small advantage by having a 9 jewel over a 8 or 7 jewel. This is a far cry from the old system (last year) that had rich players having 100m arcane rings and 20m arcane pets while most others had to do with much inferior legendary gear and pets. Now the prices of arcane and mythic items are affordable for everyone. So then what is left for the elite players to spend their fortunes on? The answer is jewels. If you take that away, then there is really nothing to keep the top players interested in this game. And don't forget that they are the ones who spend the vast majority of the plat, and they support the game that the rest of us play for free. If they leave, so will the game.

So what if you do not have any 8 or 7 jewels and you feel they would be too difficult to obtain. Maybe some of us don't feel that way at all. Why then does their existence bother you? You are not being forced to obtain these items. The lower tier jewels will still exist as well.
    The problem is the supply sir, at normal day cracked prim stat at auction barely hit 10 pcs. more than that overpriced
    i even was offering 33million for 3 finesse nobles couple months ago, but no one sell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

The jewel system is a very good one in this way. Even the most wealthy players can only achieve a very small advantage by having a +9 jewel over a +8 or +7 jewel. This is a far cry from the old system (last year) that had rich players having 100m+ arcane rings and 20m+ arcane pets while most others had to do with much inferior legendary gear and pets. Now the prices of arcane and mythic items are affordable for everyone. So then what is left for the elite players to spend their fortunes on? The answer is jewels. If you take that away, then there is really nothing to keep the top players interested in this game. And don't forget that they are the ones who spend the vast majority of the plat, and they support the game that the rest of us play for free. If they leave, so will the game.

So what if you do not have any +8 or +7 jewels and you feel they would be too difficult to obtain. Maybe some of us don't feel that way at all. Why then does their existence bother you? You are not being forced to obtain these items. The lower tier jewels will still exist as well.
    Hm what percentage of the game population do you think have +7 main stat jewels. I can assure you that at least 40% of the players on the timed lb don't have a full set of those, some don't even have a full set of +6 jewels. Based on that the majority is stuck at +4 or +5 jewels. now 4 man stat jewel * 18 = 72 main stat difference between one with +9 jewels and 1 with +5 jewels. Now 1 ex gives me 1,12 damage and 3 hp. So that is 80 damage difference and 216 hp. Still quite a big difference if you ask me.

Anyway the fact that most of the there arent enough main stat jewels on the cs for 1 single noble (say if I had the gold and wanted to craft it) tells you a ton. Look at the cs now during the jewel lix event. You can farm the equivalent (1 dam = 3 cracked) of 600-700 cracked fin jewels per hour yet there are 100 finesse jewels on cs in total. Tells you a ton too imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Fare thee well, Hugthulu

Greetings Legends, and welcome to your weekly community update!

Announcements

The Lovecraft Event Ends!

Today we bid farewell to our nemesis, and friend...Hugthulu. Hope you all had a great time with the Lovecrafting 2016 event. Don't forget to stop by the official feedback thread, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...eedback-Thread to let us know what you thought, and what you'd like to see improved for next year.

Seoratrek's Find Cupid Contest!

Thanks to everyone who participated in Seoratrek's Find Cupid contest! The contest has now ended. Keep an eye out for the 10 lucky winners of 50 platinum.

Jewel Elixirs Return This Week & Important Updates to Jewel Locations!

Back in November, we released a brand new item: Jewel Elixirs. These magical draughts can be consumed to temporarily grant you the chance to magically coalesce a jewel type of your choice from damage dealt to a PvE enemy. Keep an eye out for an announcement tomorrow with the full details.

On top of that, we've added some changes that will make some of your most sought after jewels more accessible:

+ Chaos jewels now have the chance to drop in Normal and Elite Tindirin.
    + Tindirin maps no longer drop Water or Nature jewels.
    + Shuyal Normal and Elite maps now have the chance to drop Mind, Fury and Finesse jewels.

These changes are the precursor to a new 9th tier of jewel quality coming with the next expansion. More on that to come!

Game Updates

Arcane Staff Update

Based on further analysis of the Arcane Staff, we've made the following adjustments that will go into effect Thursday 2/25.

+ There can now be more than one Consecrate up at a time on a map--the effects do NOT stack.
    + The AOE range of Consecrate has been increased slightly.

We are continuing to monitor your feedback on this and the other Arcane Weapons. Thanks, as always, for making your voices heard and helping us to improve the game.

Coming Soon

Skill Mastery

We released another post today with a first look at one of the next major features in Client 1.5: Skill Mastery. Check out the full details on Skill Mastery and join the discussion, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Skill-Mastery!

We'll be releasing more info on Client 1.5 features in the near future. Keep an eye out!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Next?

What do you want to see next, folks? Let us know in the comments what you would like to see us put our attention on next and share your most brilliant ideas. I'll see you in next week's update!
    Mind, Finesse, and Fury jewels ARE NOW dropping in shuyal........... Thanks........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

There isn't enough salad in Arlor. The veggies people really need only grow very sparsely on 30 out of the 86 maps out there (the other areas grow copious amount of weed). And these tiny bit of greens are on demand not only by the endgame community, but by the twink population as well. So now there's a fertilizer to grow more veggies--special offer for this week only--but it's not available for, to borrow a term used by another forumer, freeloaders. Even if the same group of people will feel the impact of jewel price drop without reaping the benefit of being able to farm much much more of it.

But anyway, I get your argument about jewels being the final frontier for players seeking excellence. But the way it's set up now, the sheer numbers involved in it, are frankly making people have to choose between, say, buying pets or gear over, well, salad. Whether you farm them yourself, or buy them with money earned by farming other commodity, it's still not much fun to know that you need thousands of ingredients to make a decent bowl of salad. It's not a matter of people wanting to have everything. It's having a personal goal that looks to be attainable within in a reasonable time frame, as opposed to something that might be achievable by your retirement age.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Here's an idea to make jewel elixir less ALpartheid. How about making it a rare loot from elite golden chests. Nature and water in elite golden chests from Brackenridge to Dead City, diamond and lightning elixir in elite golden pirate and warchest, primary jewel and chaos elixir in elite golden puzzlebox, dragon chest, and elite golden ren'gol chests. Make it character bound at looting like Lovecraft vanities, while keeping the chests tradeable. An incentive for elite farmers and a nice carrot in AP grinding. More elite runs means more ankhs and elixirs are consumed, something the plat users (and STS) can profit from too.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 02-27-2016 at 04:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    hmmmm, when there was only 8th tier jewels maximum, having an all 7th tier jewels equipment is only one third of being maxed, and you call that okay?
    Just because the price is 3x greater doesn't mean a player is 1/3 maxed. Your jewel bonus would be 87.5% (7/8) maxed.
    And that is only your jewel bonus--not your character being maxed. If a rogue has, say, 600 dexterity with 18x +7 jewels, that means they're at 600 out of a max of 618 dex. 600/618 = Just under 97.1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Hm what percentage of the game population do you think have +7 main stat jewels. I can assure you that at least 40% of the players on the timed lb don't have a full set of those, some don't even have a full set of +6 jewels. Based on that the majority is stuck at +4 or +5 jewels. now 4 man stat jewel * 18 = 72 main stat difference between one with +9 jewels and 1 with +5 jewels. Now 1 ex gives me 1,12 damage and 3 hp. So that is 80 damage difference and 216 hp. Still quite a big difference if you ask me.

Anyway the fact that most of the there arent enough main stat jewels on the cs for 1 single noble (say if I had the gold and wanted to craft it) tells you a ton. Look at the cs now during the jewel lix event. You can farm the equivalent (1 dam = 3 cracked) of 600-700 cracked fin jewels per hour yet there are 100 finesse jewels on cs in total. Tells you a ton too imo.
    An excellent finesse jewel is currently 1.3mil. 18 of those = 23.4mil. 9 excellent make a noble. So, 9x23.4 = 210.6 million. The difference between that 80 damage & 200 life is about 200 million gold. I think the player that spends that much money and/or time in this game deserves that bonus. Going from 1020 damage to 1100 damage...that is an increase of 7.4%. 200 life on top of 6000? 3.3%.

This is really how it should be. Being near max is relatively achievable for players. But for every little step towards actually being maxed, it is going to cost a lot to get that tiny edge.

And don't overlook into how many jewels are on the market. There are people who are currently able to farm those 2,000 cracked jewels in about 4 hours of using jewel elixirs. People are just busy farming & crafting jewels, rather than listing them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    Here's an idea to make jewel elixir less ALpartheid. How about making it a rare loot from elite golden chests. Nature and water in elite golden chests from Brackenridge to Dead City, diamond and lightning elixir in elite golden pirate and warchest, primary jewel and chaos elixir in elite golden puzzlebox, dragon chest, and elite golden ren'gol chests. Make it character bound at looting like Lovecraft vanities, while keeping the chests tradeable. An incentive for elite farmers and a nice carrot in AP grinding. More elite runs means more ankhs and elixirs are consumed, something the plat users (and STS) can profit from too.
    I agree something needs to be done to make normal and elite chests relevant again, I pretty much just delete them as it extra hassle to clear inventory after opening.

If there were jewels inside I would be a little incentive to open. :-)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Solanu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    There isn't enough salad in Arlor. The veggies people really need only grow very sparsely on 30 out of the 86 maps out there (the other areas grow copious amount of weed). And these tiny bit of greens are on demand not only by the endgame community, but by the twink population as well. So now there's a fertilizer to grow more veggies--special offer for this week only--but it's not available for, to borrow a term used by another forumer, freeloaders. Even if the same group of people will feel the impact of jewel price drop without reaping the benefit of being able to farm much much more of it.

But anyway, I get your argument about jewels being the final frontier for players seeking excellence. But the way it's set up now, the sheer numbers involved in it, are frankly making people have to choose between, say, buying pets or gear over, well, salad. Whether you farm them yourself, or buy them with money earned by farming other commodity, it's still not much fun to know that you need thousands of ingredients to make a decent bowl of salad. It's not a matter of people wanting to have everything. It's having a personal goal that looks to be attainable within in a reasonable time frame, as opposed to something that might be achievable by your retirement age.
    ilhanna, forgive me for ever giving you any sass because this post is literally everything that needed to be said about this event and jewels as a whole.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Opnesssssssxssss