Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Posts Regarding Scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Thumbs down Posts Regarding Scams

Hello Arlorians ,Regarding Increasing Scams in AL, Posting about a Scammer with his Name along with Valid Proof ! Why is this not Allowed in Forums? If someone Scams they should feel ashamed when someone Posts it in forums with Proof , Why STS Deletes it? To save the reputation of the Scammer and let him live peacefully by ruining other's gaming Experience?if I were in STS, I will post the Scammer's name along with proofs and I would disable the name change/Delete character feature for the certain account. So he could enjoy his newly earned Reputation.

Anyone could Explain me ? I'm also expecting an Answer from STS

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    We need a Hall of Shame thread for those Scammers....

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoardseeker For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Hoard my brotha .... I do not see this ending well

But best of luck bro

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Or just make a new sub forum :') AL scammer list, how to avoid it hehe i think if the scammer is a forum member they would stop scam to avoid ruined thier reputations as they know thier name will be on forum scammer list :')
    Last edited by Fredystern; 03-06-2016 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Typo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fredystern For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

In before lock.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    Hello Arlorians ,Regarding Increasing Scams in AL, Posting about a Scammer with his Name along with Valid Proof ! Why is this not Allowed in Forums? If someone Scams they should feel ashamed when someone Posts it in forums with Proof , Why STS Deletes it? To save the reputation of the Scammer and let him live peacefully by ruining other's gaming Experience?if I were in STS, I will post the Scammer's name along with proofs and I would disable the name change/Delete character feature for the certain account. So he could enjoy his newly earned Reputation.

Anyone could Explain me ? I'm also expecting an Answer from STS
    Ill try.. might not be completly right, but my logic say its easy to edit ss and flame whoever u do not like.. players cannot investigate like sts, so they belive the ss and the scammers get cred for false accucations and can scam even the most carefull players.. reporting to sts is only way they can get banned, it do not help to create drama.. the ones taking it to the forum has clearly not read ToS and are likely not even knowing what scams are, just trolls..

Short: it creates DRAMA

8. The Following User Says Thank You to illwilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    Or just make a new sub forum :') AL scammer list, how to avoid it hehe i think if the scammer is a forum member they would stop scam to avoid ruined thier reputations as they know thier name will be on forum scammer list :')
    I would love to see it✌✌✌

AL player start DEC 2015 .
    ign : Foumagus
    guild : Rise of Nations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

How about a new title"scammer" along with a dunce hat vanity. They both should be nonremovable and a permanent addition!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stonedincali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Why would you have the list? Because you believe you can hound and harass someone out of the game. So you are pro-harassment and bullying. I believe STS is not.

In an ideal world, all people will do would be not interact with the so-called scammer.

In the human world, people will want to put everyone they dislike on that list. People will harass anyone on the list until the game is unplayable for those people. Its human, ugly, and apparently what you wish to promote.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 03-06-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Star light, star bright...

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Why would you have the list? Because you believe you can hound and harass someone out of the game. So you are pro-harassment and bullying. I believe STS is not.

In an ideal world, all people will do would be not interact with the so-called scammer.

In the human world, people will want to put everyone they dislike on that list. People will harass anyone on the list until the game is unplayable for those people. Its human, ugly, and apparently what you wish to promote.
    Xurux ~ Ommron ~ Cryom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post

What do you prefer - a scammer being chased out of the game or five of his victims leaving because of him/her?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Ok, it's my turn to drop some truths.

How to be scammer: Gain someone's trust, abuse that trust, steal something(s) and start a new life.

How is naming a player on forums going to be the next big thing? How is it going to change everybody's life? Ok, we know that player scammed X player. *claps* You're going to put him on your ignore list? Imagine a thread with all the scammer's names from 2010 to 2016. Xderpblah scammed Derpinabloh. Imagine that Xderpblah didn't get banned, deleted his character, then someone else takes that name and uses it. You see a wild Xderpblah, so you won't trust him because he is a scammer according to that thread on forums? WHO between all of us can decide if a player is a scammer or not? We're not placed to do that. StS are the ones who judge if someone really scams, and they ban those players so you don't see them anymore. That's why there is a support website where you can report the scam, so they can investigate and take action. Do you understand that? How hard is it to understand that?

In my honest opinion and I'm sure many people share this opinion: if you give something to someone, you're responsible. Don't come to the community and spoil him, because you're also spoiling yourself as a **** ***, and you're telling everyone that you just got easily owned by that scammer.

Now a hall of shame... that's not the hall of shame, it's a hall of fame! Let's show the community the successful scammers! Yeah, if you find him in game... question him so you can learn how to scam too... *claps*. Sorry, I'm ironic, call me Iconic Ironyman. What re you going to do with a hall of shame? You'll chase those players and call them scammer over the town? Who are you to call him a scammer? Did he scam you? Mind your own onions.

Besides, there is another side to the whole story. What if that player never scammed and that story is a built story so a player can ruin his reputation. After putting his name on the wall of s called shame, you'll be sorry for calling him a scammer when he wasn't? That's not human at all. If the player decided to not scam anymore, then you should not call him scammer. A scammer will be banned if he deserves to be banned, and he will stay if he is legit.

I will make it short: "The only thing you can do is send a report to supports. StS will take action, not us." There are many guides about scams, read them. That's all I have to say.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

CluelessGuy kills you and your friends a lot. You kill him and his friends a lot. You all yell insults at each other. You can't stand him. You make a screenshot of giving him something and saying "only for 5 minutes!" You put him on the scammer list.

What a great and accurate, non-bullying list.

His friend makes a screenshot of giving you something and saying "only for 5 minutes!" On the list you go.

Yes, let us hound all these scammers out of the game. It's better, no?

Star light, star bright...

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

I addressed this concern in this thread, specifically in this portion:

Quote Originally Posted by Seoratrek View Post
    - I've seen a scammer in game. What should I do?

Please send us an email to support@spacetimestudios.com with the details. Screenshots and any other relevant information helps!

- But isn't it good that we warn the community about these people by posting on the forums?

Posting about it on the forums only opens to door to drama and insults, which is no fun for anyone. Malicious rumors can also start this way and it is best for our support team to verify the actions and take action as appropriate. The best policy in any online interaction is to remind your friends to remain vigilant and double check your trades!
    Thanks for your understanding!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seoratrek For This Useful Post: