Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Itemization Updates & The New Expansion

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Default Itemization Updates & The New Expansion

Greetings Legends! Your friendly neighborhood Remiem here with some more updates on itemization and balance in the coming expansion. In a continued effort to balance the game and create the most fun game experiences for our players, we've made some changes that will allow the game to continue to expand and grow in a healthy and predictable way.

Gem Conversion

As a part of the new expansion, we will be continuing the gradual phasing out of gems in order to make ample room for growth of the jewel system. Gems will no longer be socketable in gear above item-level 46 as it is released. We understand many of you still have some unsocketed gems in your inventory. No worries! Starting with the new expansion, a new crafting station option will become available to all players: Gem Conversion. You'll be able to break down any of your remaining gems into jewels that you can use on your new end-game gear. The conversions will be as follows:
    Gem to Convert: Converts To:
    Blood Gem (1) Cracked Fury Jewel
    Bound Blood Gem (1) Cracked Fury Jewel
    Reinforced Blood Gem (1) Standard Fury Jewel
    (1) Standard Diamond Jewel
    Fire Gem (1) Cracked Finesse Jewel
    Bound Fire Gem (1) Cracked Finesse Jewel
    Reinforced Fire Gem (1) Standard Finesse Jewel
    Glacial Gem (1) Cracked Mind Jewel
    Bound Glacial Gem (1) Cracked Mind Jewel
    Reinforced Glacial Gem (1) Standard Mind Jewel
    Tarlok's Rage Gem (1) Standard Fury Jewel
    (1) Weak Finesse Jewel
    Tarlok's Wind Gem (1) Standard Finesse Jewels
    (1) Weak Mind Jewels
    Tarlok's Wisdom Gem (1) Standard Mind Jewel
    (1) Weak Fury Jewel
    Elondrian Life Gem (1) Fortified Nature Jewel
    Necropolis Gem (1) Fortified Water Jewel
    Enchanted Eye of Syrillax (1) Noble Fury Jewel
    (1) Noble Mind Jewel
    (1) Noble Finesse Jewel
    (1) Noble Lightning Jewel
    (1) Noble Diamond Jewel
    (1) Noble Chaos Jewel
    (1) Noble Nature Jewel
    (1) Noble Water Jewel
    Paracelsus Gem (1) Noble Fury Jewel
    (1) Noble Mind Jewel
    (1) Noble Finesse Jewel
    (1) Noble Lightning Jewel
    (1) Noble Diamond Jewel
    (1) Noble Chaos Jewel
    (1) Noble Nature Jewel
    (1) Noble Water Jewe

Blood Gem:
    For twinks and players still making their way to end-game, all gems will still be socketable in gear at i-level 46 and below.

Jewels

In the today's update we've made it even easier to collect the jewels you're interested in for your character's build, and have a new addition to jewel offerings coming with the expansion:

+ Client update (3/16): Jewel drop rate has been doubled across the board.

+ With expansion: A new item, Jewel Sacks, will become available with the launch of the new expansion. Jewel sacks will drop 3 jewels each with a chance to drop weak, damaged and standard jewels (no cracked!)

New Crates Coming

At the start of Ren'gol we released Locked Ren'gol Crates, with the announcement that we were moving toward seasonal locked crates going forward. Well, it's that time! When the new expansion drops Locked Ren'gol Crates will no longer be available as drops, and they will be replaced with Cryostar Crates, the official locked crate of the new expansion. Here's some more about how seasonal crates will work:

+ New crate released with each expansion. These crates will replace the old ones as world drops.

+ New crates will contain some similar items, and some specific to the expansion in which it was released, including pets and gear.

+ Items exclusive to the previous season's crates will be available for crate tokens in the previous town hub. (Ex: Ren'gol crate exclusives will be available for tokens in Garetta)

Keep an eye out for more information on the items to be contained in Cryostar crates, and the last-chance items in Ren'gol Crates in future announcements.

Class Balance

With each update and expansion, we work to take your feedback into consideration as we make tweaks to balance to fine tune the class dynamic in Arcane Legends. A few changes happen this update that you'll want to take into consideration when creating your new Skill Mastery Builds.

+ Passive crit percentage reduced: The % crit boost for each point put into the passive Critical skill has been reduced to 0.65% per point, down from 1% per point.

+ Rogue Armor Reduced: Over time, rogues have become much tankier than originally intended. In this update, Rogue armor attributes have been reduced across the board to bring them in line with the class balance design in-game. Rogues will no longer be tankier than Warriors, but will still have more armor that Sorcerers. For Rogue players who value those armor attributes, you'll want to consider putting your Skill Mastery points into Razor Shield which will give you up to 10% damage reduction.

Item Changes

+ Weapon Type Balance: Currently, there is a clear weapon preference for each class, due to certain advantages like damage dealt and attack speed. As new gear comes out, starting with the new expansion, we'll be better balancing each weapon type to be similar in power to its class alternative. Each weapon type will still have unique attributes, but with better balance to stats across the board.

+ Arcane Ring: In the new expansion, the Arcane ring Rendtail's Dragonstone will start to offer diminishing returns past level 46. As an item that has been one of the most powerful in the game for 2 full expansions, this slow decrease in power will still allow it to be viable at later levels, while eventually making way for new gear. With each level above level 46, the ring's Primary Stat bonus will decrease by 2.

Example: Level 46: +30 Primary, Level 47: +28 Primary, Level 48: +26 Primary, etc.
    Last edited by Remiem; 03-17-2016 at 02:32 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

My home, normally my desk or in the bed :v
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

woow :3

11 char

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidiel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

2nd? By the way thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherwin B Pagalilauan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

yewel idea i doesnt like lol
    so useless

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RYYUKK For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

The Rumour is True O.o

Arcane Weapons Released on same date as Rumour and now Gems converted into Jewels lalal

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoardseeker For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

How about planar pendant??? it still the best?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkluciferx For This Useful Post:

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkluciferx View Post
    How about planar pendant??? it still the best?
    No changes are planned for the pendant at this time.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I quit. Not only did I just buy 6 eye gems. Not too much you know, only 42m for them. You double the jewel drop across arlor? So what could be a similar value trade off in practical gold just got cut in half? So I lose 21m on my purchase? Sorry guys. You did this with nekro. Bought for 58. Fine with depreciation. Available for crate tokens. Worthless. I've always been happy to pay a premium for initial advantage. This is going too far. Remiem, y'all messed up this time. And will prob lose one of your best paying customers. Nobody respond to my useless Mage gear thread. It's ok. But this feels like stealing. And when you talking about class balance pls mention mages. Rogues still have more armor than Mage. What do Mage have better than rogue and tank besides mana and ability to give mana. Pls sts, tell me more about class balance. Maybe I should just donate my gold and items back to you. Mages good in clash. It's a made up bastardized version of ctf. Not even real as far as you devs are concerns. Whatever. Tired of getting screwed over.

-Papa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

16. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    I quit. Not only did I just buy 6 eye gems. Not too much you know, only 42m for them. You double the jewel drop across arlor? So what could be a similar value trade off in practical gold just got cut in half? So I lose 21m on my purchase? Sorry guys. You did this with nekro. Bought for 58. Fine with depreciation. Available for crate tokens. Worthless. I've always been happy to pay a premium for initial advantage. This is going too far. Remiem, y'all messed up this time. And will prob lose one of your best paying customers. Nobody respond to my useless Mage gear thread. It's ok. But this feels like stealing. And when you talking about class balance pls mention mages. Rogues still have more armor than Mage. What do Mage have better than rogue and tank besides mana and ability to give mana. Pls sts, tell me more about class balance. Maybe I should just donate my gold and items back to you. Mages good in clash. It's a made up bastardized version of ctf. Not even real as far as you devs are concerns. Whatever. Tired of getting screwed over.

-Papa

Well said, papa, well said.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Greatly appreciate the information, and I am excited about the new skill mastery.

Will we see an additonal spot on our (skill) HUD to slot additonal skills?

(Its a pain to swap out the middle of a mob if need razor skill, when main set best supports what your current gear offers)

thanks Ava
    Avy
    12-2012

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have doubts about gem conversation... what ill get if i convert a paracelsus? all of em or just 1? i think is unfair just 1...

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FaidESk View Post
    i have doubts about gem conversation... what ill get if i convert a paracelsus? all of em or just 1? i think is unfair just 1...
    Converting a paracelsus gem will give you 1 of each noble jewel.
    | | | |

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

agree with kriticality, this is far becoming a massive joke. You think this is fun sts? What about the people who paid 150 plat or whatever to levelup to 41, when YOUR bug (ashral heart) with 2x xp jus helped many players jus level up to 45 (from basically a new toon) in an hour or so. Ridiculous sts you should pay back those people, whose money you have robbed them off. You've jus had jewel elixers for platinum, where many many people spent real money buying those to farm jewels, and now you increase drop rate? What sick game are you guys playing really? Iv spent alot of money on plat, getting jewels. This feels like daylight robbery. Sick of it myself.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MasterP For This Useful Post:

25.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post

-Papa

Hey Papa, I am truly sorry to hear about your disappointment. I'll PM you so we can talk more about how you might suggest we handle these things going forward.

Best,
    Remiem
    | | | |

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Remiem, will there be test server for this?

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

lol gems to cracked jewels? why not standard jewels? they have the same stats at end gears and for keeping its discontinued item value
    Hachinichi is dead

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mapenjay For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Remiem,

First off, I would like to say great job on this new content!

I think one of the few changes that needs to be made is that Para and Eye gems should be allowed to be turned into the new 8th-9th tier gem. Otherwise, this will just crash the noble market and cause a lot of collectors to lose money. Keep in mind that these people who purchase eyes/paras are your biggest spenders. People like Papa are valuable assets to the company. I do like the compromise though, you guys did great in minimizing the damage while phasing out the gems. Good job!

EDIT: Never mind to the 9th tier suggestion, I was not aware that 1 eye would give a noble for each jewel. GG!

My second issue is with the planar pendant. If this does not get nerfed in a similar way as the arcane ring has been, then it will have issues further down the road too as then eyes and paras will never truly be phased out.

Lastly, how much armor reduction are we talking about for rogues? The thing is, while razor is a great damage reduction, it does not stack with the bonuses of Nekro. So, essentially, it's a full out nerf. This will result in many things: increased one hits in PvP (damage is already WAY too high for any class) and more reasons not to use rogue in a clash. Why? Sorcerers, with their shield, actually end up taking far less damage than rogues do. Our armor is still well below warriors. If you look at the gap for warrior to rogue armor, it's about 700-800, depending on the set up. If you look at the gap for sorcerer to rogue it's about 700 as well. So, reducing this gap while not taking into account the mage shield or the fact that damage reduction does not stack (making razor upgrade useless if you have nekro) will just lead to further class issues.

This way, the collectors do not lose value and the gem system is phased out for good as well!
    Last edited by Zeus; 03-17-2016 at 12:52 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

What I got from that was, "Keep your para/eyes and sell them at top dollar to TWINKS."
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Rogues armor nerfed. Is it for endgame rogues (lvl 56 cap) or for rogues of all levels?

Point to note - twink rogues do not have enough points to put the skillmastery points on armor as you suggested. And warriors are already overpowered at twink pvp levels. I play both warrior and rogue.
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 03-17-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Arlor in a little village called tindrin elites
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

so the rendtail ring won't be powerful for this new expansion???
    Stay cool🌊🌊🌊💨💨 Caveman spongebob meme