Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Player Bans: Protecting Arcane Legends

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Default Regarding Player Bans: Protecting Arcane Legends

Hey folks! Remiem here. We've seen a rise in forum activity lately about players finding accounts or devices banned unexpectedly. I wanted to come and give you guys some background about what's going on behind the scenes in Arcane Legends, and the work we're doing to preserve the best experience possible for players.

Last month, we experienced a rise in gold farming and bot behavior, related to the gold sellers that players have reported in town. We launched an effort to remove these bots, and accounts connected to them in the game. Unfortunately, as Johan would attest, when some are removed, more take their place.

This is an issue that has the potential to have far reaching effects on the game, and our team is working tirelessly to resolve the issue. As part of our efforts, some legitimate player accounts were inadvertently banned. Our Customer Service team is aware of the issue and is working through reports as quickly as possible. If you feel you have been wrongly banned, we encourage you to submit a ticket to support via support.spacetimestudios.com so that we can work with you to recover you account.

Here are some tips to avoid an account/device ban:

1) NEVER purchase gold or items for real money. This is against ToS and greatly compromises the security of your account, plus puts you at risk for being permanently banned.
    2) Do not share your account. Sharing your account puts you at risk for being banned for another person's negative actions. Keep your password private and safe.
    3) Macros, bot programs and the like are considered cheating and are NOT allowed in Arcane Legends. Just don't use them.

We will continue to monitor the situation and will do our very best to minimize the impact this has on our players. As always--thank you for you patience and understanding.

Best,
    Remiem
    Last edited by Remiem; 03-18-2016 at 04:17 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Well hire some people to unban people!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ydqm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

i find it hard to believe every person complaining on the forums is innocent. not that they are selling gold, but 'bot-like behavior' sounds like these new APs are perhaps showing who is botting to get/stay on lb. if this is the case, i applaud your actions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to acewasabi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey folks! Remiem here. We've seen a rise in forum activity lately about players finding accounts or devices banned unexpectedly. I wanted to come and give you guys some background about what's going on behind the scenes in Arcane Legends, and the work we're doing to preserve the best experience possible for players.

Last month, we experienced a rise in gold farming and bot behavior, related to the gold sellers that players have reported in town. We launched an effort to remove these bots, and accounts connected to them in the game. Unfortunately, as Johan would attest, when some are removed, more take their place.

This is an issue that has the potential to have far reaching effects on the game, and our team is working tirelessly to resolve the issue. As part of our efforts, some legitimate player accounts were inadvertently banned. Our Customer Service team is aware of the issue and is working through reports as quickly as possible. If you feel you have been wrongly banned, we encourage you to submit a ticket to support via support.spacetimestudios.com so that we can work with you to recover you account.

Here are some tips to avoid an account/device ban:

1) NEVER purchase gold or items for real money. This is against ToS and greatly compromises the security of your account, plus puts you at risk for being permanently banned.
    2) Do not share your account. Sharing your account puts you at risk for being banned for another person's negative actions. Keep your password private and safe.
    3) Macros, bot programs and the like are considered cheating and are NOT allowed in Arcane Legends. Just don't use them.

We will continue to monitor the situation and will do our very best to minimize the impact this has on our players. As always--thank you for you patience and understanding.

Best,
    Remiem
    Ok, so...why are they still on main LB?? Coz, let's be honest, we all know many of those players are using macros/bots to get new elite achievements..-.-

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pedgon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Wait, r the innocent people getting unbanned or no? Please need answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedgon View Post
    Ok, so...why are they still on main LB?? Coz, let's be honest, we all know many of those players are using macros/bots to get new elite achievements..-.-
    Maybe you should talk about those dummy farmers... like top mages and rogues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Good I been waiting 3 days now..guess ok to wait a bit longer thanks rem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raianezz View Post
    its kinda hard for the STS team to just ban people without enough proof right so if you guys think that these people are really botting or dummy farming we are given the freedom to report and submit a feedback. If you think a player id really violating the games guidelines then help the support team.
    Well Raia, you're doing some really nice forum work here :0

Enjoy! You seem to have everything in control!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

to cut this short, wait till next week folks
    Hachinichi is dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Ya know Remiem, the sad truth is, you can warn about something, but there will always be those who choose to ignore.

And as for the efforts made towards catching bots, it seems they are catching more legitimate players than actual botters. The cash/gold spam, each time y'all massban to catch them, you end up catching players in the mix, and chances are, more real players than bots.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Ya know Remiem, the sad truth is, you can warn about something, but there will always be those who choose to ignore.

And as for the efforts made towards catching bots, it seems they are catching more legitimate players than actual botters. The cash/gold spam, each time y'all massban to catch them, you end up catching players in the mix, and chances are, more real players than bots.
    Yah. Really. Mine as well i was just pveing then suddenly get banned. Its very depressing cause i love arcane legends a lot but its okay. Everyone have flaws lets just deal with it. I still love arcane legends after all

Sent from my H870 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally those who use bot got banned, they run lb while sleeping while me running lb for long sleepless week. Fair enough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

So Farming km3 all day and sell locks makes you a botter? oh well nice accusations and many legit players got massive ban. I hope it goes well for what u did for most legit players on al that getting banned for being accused as botter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

I hope one day, preferably before the end of this season, leaderboard gets cleared of all what does not belong there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

NICE POST, wow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Thank you! We do appreciate each and every efforts that you guys put in the game.. We're somewhat thankful for fixing the bugs that affects our gaming experience , but please ... Don't leave us hanging.. We've been banned for days and not even a single response from the support. We're like waiting for a crow to become white ... We do understand that it is not an easy thing to do but we can wait no matter how long the process is... just keep us in touch on whats going on then everything will be smooth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Thank you remiem!

Now I am assured that you guys are working on helping us...
    and I will be able to play the game again...
    we players need some information about what's going on or you know...
    we just have to think about it yourself and that does not end well...
    SO THANKS AND PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I too have been banned unfairly I have never done anything wrong
    but unfortunately I found this ban until forever my accaunt
    I sent message to you but you did not answer remim
    I sent messages to the support of arcane legends , but still no answer I want to understand my accaunt it shall recover it or not ?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahatoro For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Hello Remiem. Thank you for the hard work you guys are doing to help our community. I have a concern though. I got banned and then it was lifted like 10 hours later, but some of my friends and guildies are getting template replies that their ban will not be lifted since they violated Terms of Service. They all got the exact same reply and some already quit the game. :/

I must say this is horrible work from that one moderator. They just got their accounts banned like most other people and I am 100% sure they never violated ToS.

I ask you guys to be extra careful when you apply the permanent bans because some of them seem to be unfair and it definitely ruins our guild's mood since we lost Officers and great guildies this way. :/

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you remiem for making this announcement but how soon can be expect the results?... how soon will all of the innocent players be unbanned?
    can we expect it to be done in 1day?