Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Survival Tips for Rouges

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Survival Tips for Rouges

As a mage, we are weaker than rouges still (health and armor wise),but we manage to survive better than rouges and why is that? Now the obvious answer might be arcane shield, but I've been crafty enough to complete half of Elite Misty Grotto with no Lifegiver nor Shield. The secret to surviving as a mage is that they keep their distance from enemies. We mainly achieve this through Time Shift because it can root enemies, but rouges kinda have their own version of Time Shift as well. This skill is Entangling Trap. While it may not have the rooting capabilities of Time Shift, it can snare enemies, which hinders enemies' movements. What I usually do with Time Shift is that I plant it down then step back and pick off the enemies so you can use this technique as well for Entangling Trap. This may be a bit harder to do since the trigger radius for Entangling Trap is a bit minuscule and the enemies slowly move towards you and might be able to escape your entangling trap so you gotta keep moving. You can also use pets like crawly to root enemies for you to make your job as a ninja assassin of doom a bit easier. My second tip for keeping your distance between you and your enemy is to stun as much as possible (use pets). While your enemies are running like snails in your Entangling Trap, try stunning them as much as possible to make it less likely for them to get to you. Now some enemies are immune to your stunning capabilities (unless you got panic) so you will need to execute those enemies first as soon as possible or they will eventually be the cause of your death (don't worry mages have to deal with that too). Anyways those are the tips that I have for rouges and I hope this helps make you guys survive a lot longer.

Please note that these are just tips/suggestions so you don't have to try this out if you don't want to.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 03-22-2016 at 10:42 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    As a mage, we are weaker than rouges still (health and armor wise),but we manage to survive better than rouges and why is that? Now the obvious answer might be arcane shield, but I've been crafty enough to complete half of Elite Misty Grotto with no Lifegiver nor Shield. The secret to surviving as a mage is that they keep their distance from enemies. We mainly achieve this through Time Shift because it can root enemies, but rouges have their own version of Time Shift as well. This skill is Entangling Trap. While it may not have the rooting capabilities of Time Shift, it can snare enemies, which greatly hinders enemies' movements. What I usually do with Time Shift is that I plant it down then step back and pick off the enemies so you can use this technique as well for Entangling Trap. This may be a bit harder to do since the enemies slowly move towards you and might be able to escape your entangling trap. You can also use pets like crawly to root enemies for you to make your job as a ninja assassin of doom a bit easier. My second tip for keeping your distance between you and your enemy is to stun as much as possible. While your enemies are running like snails in your Entangling Trap, try stunning them as much as possible to make it less likely for them to get to you. Now some enemies are immune to your stunning capabilities (unless you got panic) so you will need to execute those enemies first as soon as possible or they will eventually be the cause of your death (don't worry mages have to deal with that too). Anyways those are the tips that I have for rouges and I hope this helps make you guys survive a lot longer.
    Glad to know mages are now strong enough to complete half of Elite Misty Grotto with no Lifegiver and Shield. STS has done a very good job with the sorcerer class and it has turned out well. Grats about that.

As for you comparing entangling trap's snare with timeshift's root and stating how they can be used in a similar manner with the same effect, I would beg to disagree. Snare and Root work differently, root being more effective in immobilizing mobs. Traps cannot work like clocks, unless sts decides to upgrade Traps with a striking ROOT ability. But that would mean that rogues would now be expected to crowd control rather than deal damage? Something odd about that.

If rogues were supposed to deal damage, they need to stay on their feet and deal damage. For mages to stun and slow, FIREBALL and ICE skills work wonders. What do rogues have for stuns? Stunning and keeping enemies at bay requires shooting charged basic attack arrows and stun-procing blades. Now may I ask, if rogues were to be busy doing this to stun/immobilize mobs in order to stay alive, who will deal damage in order to clear up the mobs fast? Warriors?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Glad to know mages are now strong enough to complete half of Elite Misty Grotto with no Lifegiver and Shield. STS has done a very good job with the sorcerer class and it has turned out well. Grats about that.

As for you comparing entangling trap's snare with timeshift's root and stating how they can be used in a similar manner with the same effect, I would beg to disagree. Snare and Root work differently, root being more effective in immobilizing mobs. Traps cannot work like clocks, unless sts decides to upgrade Traps with a striking ROOT ability. But that would mean that rogues would now be expected to crowd control rather than deal damage? Something odd about that.

If rogues were supposed to deal damage, they need to stay on their feet and deal damage. For mages to stun and slow, FIREBALL and ICE skills work wonders. What do rogues have for stuns? Stunning and keeping enemies at bay requires shooting charged basic attack arrows and stun-procing blades. Now may I ask, if rogues were to be busy doing this to stun/immobilize mobs in order to stay alive, who will deal damage in order to clear up the mobs fast? Warriors?
    I'm just a PvE engame mage, even with shield, I die near the entrance of elite misty grotto lol

And I may be the only one who think the nerf was a good idea ("oh he gave his opinion, lets hate him for it!" lol, just a game; chill)

I don't know how by how much the rogue armor stat was nerfed, but in my opinion, it allows for a need for warriors in maps, (a while back, we used to see a lot of pure-rogue (or mostly rogue, and maybe 1 mage) parties, warriors had a difficult time trying to find parties for runs), from my perspective, it seemed the rogues could be both a damage dealer and a tank.

By decreasing the armor stat, warriors are now needed for helping keep the damage targetted away from the squishy rogues and mages.

now I'm going to restate this one part:
    This is just my opinion
    no hate please.
    I'm not posting to debate, I'm just posting to give my opinion.
    Last edited by Schnitzel; 03-20-2016 at 12:12 AM.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post

I'm not trying to say to make rouges into mages. My general tip is to just make it so that enemies are a far away distance from rouges and pets can be used to stun enemies. Also, you can still be able to use your high damage skills to dispose enemies quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    I'm just a PvE engame mage, even with shield, I die near the entrance of elite misty grotto lol

And I may be the only one who think the nerf was a good idea ("oh he gave his opinion, lets hate him for it!" lol, just a game; chill)

I don't know how by how much the rogue armor stat was nerfed, but in my opinion, it allows for a need for warriors in maps, (a while back, we used to see a lot of pure-rogue (or mostly rogue, and maybe 1 mage) parties, warriors had a difficult time trying to find parties for runs), from my perspective, it seemed the rogues could be both a damage dealer and a tank.

By decreasing the armor stat, warriors are now needed for helping keep the damage targetted away from the squishy rogues and mages.

This is just my opinion
    no hate please.
    OOh noo....Warriors now have 10k plus hp,3-3.5K armor and over 800 dmg...they are no more interested in tanking loool...so forget about the idea of Warrior protecting you

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tapash Bose For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Mage has more damage than rogue. All mage skills to attack make the most of the enemy stop attacking you,
    hit more than one enemy. The main skills of rogue hit a single target. The use of mana pot is much smaller for you too.

Before or after rogue are bad to deal with crowds, I have always preferred mage and warrios the party. The only place where it was nice to have rogues was in planar arena. Why this is a place only to kill boss.

It reminds of when I played lv 41. Staying in a party of rogues meant to die several times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post

This is just my opinion
    no hate please.
    I always prefer to have warriors in the party. I played a lot with rogue. My point of view, be a rogue tank means getting tight the Q key almost endlessly hoping not take more than an attack and take time to heal. One run and 200 pots of mana and healt.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to soon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

As a mage, we are weaker than rouges still (health and armor wise),but we manage to survive better than rouges and why is that? Now the obvious answer might be arcane shield, but I've been crafty enough to complete half of Elite Misty Grotto with no Lifegiver nor Shield. The secret to surviving as a mage is that they keep their distance from enemies. We mainly achieve this through Time Shift because it can root enemies, but rouges have their own version of Time Shift as well. This skill is Entangling Trap. While it may not have the rooting capabilities of Time Shift, it can snare enemies, which greatly hinders enemies' movements. What I usually do with Time Shift is that I plant it down then step back and pick off the enemies so you can use this technique as well for Entangling Trap. This may be a bit harder to do since the enemies slowly move towards you and might be able to escape your entangling trap. You can also use pets like crawly to root enemies for you to make your job as a ninja assassin of doom a bit easier. My second tip for keeping your distance between you and your enemy is to stun as much as possible. While your enemies are running like snails in your Entangling Trap, try stunning them as much as possible to make it less likely for them to get to you. Now some enemies are immune to your stunning capabilities (unless you got panic) so you will need to execute those enemies first as soon as possible or they will eventually be the cause of your death (don't worry mages have to deal with that too). Anyways those are the tips that I have for rouges and I hope this helps make you guys survive a lot longer.
    I am a rouge, I have done that many times back before when we still have fair armor, time shift is too OP to compare to entangling, its not gonna work that way because rouge skills specialize on a single target while mage is best on crowd control.. But I appreciate your effort

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gerran For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

dont forget rogues ar dmg dealers at single targets and sp is one of those dmg skills they need with tht armor is 50/50 to survive a sp thts my opinion btw!!!mages have tons of skills for crowd control at mage if u chain correct u can keep mobs stunned/freeze/snare for ever!!!rogues arent made for tht at all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have a tip... stay behind a war like rogues were suppose too. Going head on and taking that much dmg for a rogue didnt seem right.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulkystash For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tapash Bose View Post
    OOh noo....Warriors now have 10k plus hp,3-3.5K armor and over 800 dmg...they are no more interested in tanking loool...so forget about the idea of Warrior protecting you
    Exactly HOW MANY warriors have you seen with those stats??????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I'm not trying to say to make rouges into mages. My general tip is to just make it so that enemies are a far away distance from rouges and pets can be used to stun enemies. Also, you can still be able to use your high damage skills to dispose enemies quickly.
    This was on a other page I copied and pasted as this will answer you point on Rogues are being Far away ...... Its is meant inno way an offence too your self I just Believe this must took into consideratition Also Hopefully it will be read by A Dev Also as its a must .....

Must say I was pretty shocked at this As a dagger user and always have been I consider myself a Tank Rogue as we used too be know in The P/L Days so we are in the middle of the battel with the tanks especailly at bosses I
    Ive seen Tanks stand back and fight off the skeltons and whatever while in In fighting Orc king What about we wont stand a chance and we are not at a distance with bows So if your are going too reduce our Armour I hope you take into consideration for the dagger players and up the stats on both Mythic and Arcane daggers or whats the point of having daggers They Are to be in the middle of the fight just like a Tank. With Our Rogues backing us up with their bows .... PLEASE I'm Asking a Dev Too READ THIS as it makes sense unless you are giving us unlimted ankhs and Pots Thank You If You Do Read This as It must be too be Took into consideration. Thank
    Last edited by Rosybuds; 03-20-2016 at 04:17 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosybuds For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

So a few days Of Rouge not being #1 undisputed in pvp and pve and there is chaos.

Now you have to play with some thought and skill and your lost.

I play most my time on mage nowadays,never have I used A shield.i don't die a lot because I learned how to play right away.Now it time for rogues to understand how the game should be and it's chaos.

So let me get this straight:

Rogue want highest critical in game.ok
    Rogue wants highest damage in game.ok
    Rogues want highest single damage skill.ok
    Rogues want highest dodge in game. OK
    Rogues want highest DPS in game.ok

Absolutely no need for you to have second highest health/armor.Anything else you want to be #1 at?

No one here knows what we have coming for AL and people already in frenzy (majority rogues ofcourse).

How do any of you know what the balance is going to be at end game?maybe you will be OK. Honestly,anyone who says rogues weren't overpowered before this fix (Yes it was a fix,gg ST) are using their rogues blinders.Lets wait to see what sts did here on the expansion before you end your life.Maybe try one of these new op characters?You are allowed to make a character other than a rogue.i promise..

Like this so far sts,can't wait to see the new client.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye229 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye229 View Post
    So a few days Of Rouge not being #1 undisputed in pvp and pve and there is chaos.

I play most my time on mage nowadays,never have I used A shield.i don't die a lot because I learned how to play right away.Now it time for rogues to understand how the game should be and it's chaos.

Absolutely no need for you to have second highest health/armor.Anything else you want to be #1 at?

No one here knows what we have coming for AL and people already in frenzy (majority rogues ofcourse).

How do any of you know what the balance is going to be at end game?maybe you will be OK. Honestly,anyone who says rogues weren't overpowered before this fix (Yes it was a fix,gg ST) are using their rogues blinders.Lets wait to see what sts did here on the expansion before you end your life.Maybe try one of these new op characters?You are allowed to make a character other than a rogue.i promise..

Like this so far sts,can't wait to see the new client.

All claims in which rogues at the end of the game were OP. I have not seen anyone say that a rogue lv 10 was strong.

On the great Health, this was because the arc ring and planar pendent, which are items lv 41. Before that does not like you use. And with the level 56 these items will not have the same damage.

I do not think they need to change rogues low level. Preferred that this nerf was made as it was released LV 56. Since new items in the game.
    Last edited by soon; 03-20-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Imo )The future of arcane legends should simply be this. A warrior should be in almost every party (mainly elite runs) to absorb damage pull aggro and hold it. Mage for crowd control releasing maximum damage. Rogue to start killing off the strongest first.
    I realize the warrior ,mage and rogue do more than I mentioned but these are the basics.
    I hope with the new expansion that the new maps elite ect. Require teamwork from each class to successfully clear the map without using pots ankas or failure .
    Just my opinion,if I'm wrong or feel free to add just be kind .lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkystash View Post
    I have a tip... stay behind a war like rogues were suppose too. Going head on and taking that much dmg for a rogue didnt seem right.
    your tip useless if rogue die 1 shot from mob. not all player in game have planar pendant not all mith gear not all full jewels. not all arcane dagers for enought hp. to survive 1 shor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rosybuds View Post
    So if your are going too reduce our Armour I hope you take into consideration for the dagger players and up the stats on both Mythic and Arcane daggers or whats the point of having daggers They Are to be in the middle of the fight just like a Tank. With Our Rogues backing us up with their bows .... PLEASE I'm Asking a Dev Too READ THIS as it makes sense unless you are giving us unlimted ankhs and Pots Thank You If You Do Read This as It must be too be Took into consideration. Thank
    agree 100% with this post. why even have daggers if our armor is so low we can't use them. sorta makes the BRAND NEW arcane daggers useless. daggers need hefty armor stats to compensate.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to acewasabi For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acewasabi View Post
    agree 100% with this post. why even have daggers if our armor is so low we can't use them. sorta makes the BRAND NEW arcane daggers useless. daggers need hefty armor stats to compensate.
    So maybe dagger and shield for rogues.It wouldnt give as large of a boost to Damage.two daggers should not have large armor buff.WHATS THE NEED FOR A WARRIOR CLASS IF A ROGUE CAN DO EVERYTHING?Honestly tell me how this would be fair?

Daggers =dps
    Bow=straight damage and range

So we might as well give rogues a heal too.Oh that's right you got one.Might as well give you best aoe skill and matchable armor/health to warriors.Anything else rogues want?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

So maybe dagger and shield for rogues.It wouldnt give as large of a boost to Damage.two daggers should not have large armor buff.WHATS THE NEED FOR A WARRIOR CLASS IF A ROGUE CAN DO EVERYTHING?Honestly tell me how this would be fair?

Daggers =dps
    Bow=straight damage and range

So we might as well give rogues a heal too.Oh that's right you got one.Might as well give you best aoe skill and matchable armor/health to warriors.Anything else rogues want?

I imagine that if you buy an arcane weapon it has to be better than the others. Rogues obtained an arcane dagger, not an arcane bow. So we have to close attack to activate the proc of weapon.

Yes, I need a warrior or a mage to stop the attacks of the enemy before the nerf. Now I die more times to stay in the crowd, even with a warrior around healing me.

Do not get me wrong, I approve of the classes remain balanced. But to say that the use masteries is a solution to the nerf was something wrong.

"Deal massive damage with deadly melee"

Name:  80tCNLe.png
Views: 414
Size:  417.1 KB
    Last edited by soon; 03-22-2016 at 06:59 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to soon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Default Survival Tips for Rouges

Highest damage? And you say you play a mage? Without 30% damage elixir, even the highest damage rogue atm cannot reach 1.1++k damage. A mage with an arcane staff and fortified mind jewels hits 1,130 damage easy. Only a handful of rogues ever reach 1k damage pure at the moment. The same cannot be said for mages.

Highest dps? See above statement.

And please let us not talk about dodge. Lol.

The rogue class is having a difficult time adjusting to this nerf because:

1. The best weapon for our class are daggers. We actually have to fight close to mobs.

"Oh just stay out of range then. Use aim nox sss and whatever".

Okay, so that renders our proc useless. Thank you.

2. Even if we invite tanks to our party, only a limited number of warriors actually do know how to TANK. Because of all the cries for increasing damage, warriors now prefer to be doing the killing, as opposed to grouping mobs properly and taunting them, as well as making sure the heal is timed for red zones, and not for just healing themselves.

3. The nerf was introduced at a time when we have no other options gear-wise. Except to buy a 20+M pet. How's that for practically making the whole rogue community NEED munch mouth to make up for a little bit of the armor we lost.

4. No class was ever nerfed as bad as rogues. It's not as if our stats were bugged and they fixed it. Nope. They just cut our armor by at least 400 without warning. We all unanimously supported buffing other classes. But now everyone else just talks us down and tells us to ADJUST.

And I have a mage, which is geared in pinks and old mythics. But it fares better now than my fully-geared, jeweled-to-the-hilt rogue. So yes, I do have some comparison, in case you want to argue about us rogues not knowing how it feels to be a mage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ticklish; 03-22-2016 at 07:16 AM.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post: