Thread: Survival Tips for Rouges

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    Some ideas, you probably know them already, and have practiced them:
    1. Always use effigy buff on elite runs
    2. Some pets like Stanlee and Swift have armor buff as happy bonus. Swift's AA can help with crowd control (since, chances are you won't have enough skills points to spend on trap) and Stanlee's gives dmg buff to the whole party
    3. Blinky's AA drops enemy dmg by 40%. Time it well, it's a lifesaver
    4. If you're using daggers use veil as support skill. Just spend point on armor buff and duration upgrades.
    5. If you have it, time your razor shield well (for when Nekro's shield expires and warrior's heal on cooldown, when you have to move in close to pick out a target, etc).
    6. If you don't trust your armor to sustain you when you pierce into a crowd of mobs, consider getting Shadow Storm Shot as your third attack skills in lieu of Shadow Piercer. Now that it's fixed, it's amazing.
    7. Some of the warrior skills masteries can potentially help keep rogues safe in risky situations. My warrior friends and I have been testing them. They are more knowledgeable about it, but as far as our testings went, heal mastery helps buff armor to party, and windmill mastery's extra targets gives the skill extra taunt. When I ran with them I hardly needed support skills (razor, veil) because they really hold the mobs under tight taunt control, I could even slip in the middle of the crowd (for example to kill the Rengol shaman) and not be hurt at all. Consider discussing with your go-to warrior friends how their skills can best help the party. After all, dying and dead rogues slow down runs.

I'm sorry I can't share any tips for pvp as I'm not familiar with it. Hope these help.

great list. from my tests so far tanks can contribute most with windmill mastery (or axe mastery if wearing glintstone set).
    cs jugg wm hor with wm mastery should be a very good option to run hard elites with every gear now. and of course, aegis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    great list. from my tests so far tanks can contribute most with windmill mastery (or axe mastery if wearing glintstone set).
    cs jugg wm hor with wm mastery should be a very good option to run hard elites with every gear now. and of course, aegis.
    My friend Vigulfr discovered this as well, with axe throw mastery:
    Quote Originally Posted by TW84 View Post
    Axe Throw mastery at 5/10 taunts a lot. Bleed effect is nice and also adds many Aegis stacks! Got 9 "!"-marks over a mobs head throwing it first time. Seems to consistently taunt a lot. Excellent in a boss fight!...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

How about you sacrifice some dmg and compensate amour with diamond jewels? Mages do sacrifice dmg to streghten shield.
    We reached the bottom of the crises but don't worry - we are still digging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

In the event the below post is missed, I thought its important to share the information in it....

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Just to clarify on the armor/damage reduction, as well as the damage % versus raw damage values.

Armor % bonus is not the same as a damage reduction bonus and they do indeed stack. This means you can stack the Warriors armor bonus, then shadow veil on top of that armr bonus for a % gain, and then add damage reduction on top of that and it all plays nicely together. These are the sorts of synergies we encourage players to explore and find as a part fo the rogue armor reduction, as all of these elements combining together makes a very tanky rogue indeed. In PvE the benefit of multiple classes and abilities helps everyone compensate for their shortcomings for a more unified PvE experience. PvP is a diferent monster, but everyone seems to be exploring and finding the right ways to use these new masteries to each others benefit.

Damage wise the raw values do scale as the OP stated, but damage % bonus does not stack with other damage % bonus as it will use the highest value. Raw values can be scaled by the damage % bonus for even more damage. An example of this is the Glintstone Gun proc.
    Thanks Cara!
    Last edited by Avaree; 03-22-2016 at 06:40 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vjerevica View Post
    How about you sacrifice some dmg and compensate amour with diamond jewels? Mages do sacrifice dmg to streghten shield.
    You are right, every class should make hard choices imho. And lowering the stats would raise the value of not so sought after jewels, which is a good thing. That being said, be careful what you wish for. Damage also determines the amount of healing a Tank provides with HOR. You would feel the loss too, probably even more than the tank.
    And it s not like the timed run leaderboard is suddenly flooded with tanks. Tanks don't multiply their damage output with crits like rogue and mages. Mages should be kings of AOE damage, but tanks should be able to taunt mobs effectively.
    Again i would wait how this plays out on new maps with new gear and evaluate the optimisations for now.

Try Breeze and Kelvin again, they still rock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye229 View Post
    So a few days Of Rouge not being #1 undisputed in pvp and pve and there is chaos.

Now you have to play with some thought and skill and your lost.

I play most my time on mage nowadays,never have I used A shield.i don't die a lot because I learned how to play right away.Now it time for rogues to understand how the game should be and it's chaos.

So let me get this straight:

Rogue want highest critical in game.ok
    Rogue wants highest damage in game.ok
    Rogues want highest single damage skill.ok
    Rogues want highest dodge in game. OK
    Rogues want highest DPS in game.ok

Absolutely no need for you to have second highest health/armor.Anything else you want to be #1 at?

No one here knows what we have coming for AL and people already in frenzy (majority rogues ofcourse).

How do any of you know what the balance is going to be at end game?maybe you will be OK. Honestly,anyone who says rogues weren't overpowered before this fix (Yes it was a fix,gg ST) are using their rogues blinders.Lets wait to see what sts did here on the expansion before you end your life.Maybe try one of these new op characters?You are allowed to make a character other than a rogue.i promise..

Like this so far sts,can't wait to see the new client.

If thats the case whats the point of Daggers !!!!! So Rogues just get one choice of weapon Bows And Hide behind tanks No Thank you I like too be in the middle of the fight. And No just b/c I and others have daggers does not mean we can do everthing a tank can do I reguary play in a team with One Tank One mage two Rogues and We need that Tank I Can assure of that !!!! But If Im using my daggers I know I need a Damn Good Rogue Behind me with their Bow watching me & the others guys Backs thank you very much With the Tank leading the way doing his job Taking most of the hits while im in their slicing & dicing helping him & The Mage doing all his stuff too keep our butts alive, Im too busy too go right into this just now but Daggers where gave too Rogues for a Reason and it was not too stand back and Hide !! Or too be put back in our stash along with that damn Legion Set and now the L46 Mythic daggers I bought and lost 1.8million on and used for one week + L46 Mythic Set or in my case The Helm and now My Arcane Dagger while be going the same way ... Think again this time please Rationally Oh and Ive never played PVP in A/L I only Play PVE again 2 different reasons for either not touching our Armour or upping our Daggers. Thank you
    Last edited by Rosybuds; 03-23-2016 at 11:14 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rosybuds View Post
    If thats the case whats the point of Daggers !!!!! So Rogues just get one choice of weapon Bows And Hide behind tanks No Thank you I like too be in the middle of the fight. And No just b/c I and others have daggers does not mean we can do everthing a tank can do I reguary play in a team with One Tank One mage two Rogues and We need that Tank I Can assure of that !!!! But If Im using my daggers I know I need a Damn Good Rogue Behind me with their Bow watching me & the others guys Backs thank you very much With the Tank leading the way doing his job Taking most of the hits while im in their slicing & dicing helping him & The Mage doing all his stuff too keep our butts alive, Im too busy too go right into this just now but Daggers where gave too Rogues for a Reason and it was not too stand back and Hide !! Or too be put back in our stash along with that damn Legion Set and now the L46 Mythic daggers I bought and lost 1.8million on and used for one week + L46 Mythic Set or in my case The Helm and now My Arcane Dagger while be going the same way ... Think again this time please Rationally Oh and Ive never played PVP in A/L I only Play PVE again 2 different reasons for either not touching our Armour or upping our Daggers. Thank you
    So you think you have to hide now and you lost igg on dagger you didn't do research on.not sts fault.give you your armor back?what is it going to be like at 56?that's right,NONE of you rogues can even wait for the new expansion to drop.keep the armor progression the way it was and end game rogues would have been way op (more than before).

so buff your defense with jewels/skills in essence trading in this armor nerf for a damage nerf .No one forces you to used primary Stat jewels/gems.there are other socketables out there.have you tried them?have you tried every possible variations in jewels/gems/pets/play style/skills? When you do that and can bring proof that it is impossible to stay alive then maybe people will listen.At the moment,I see no one saying anything to the likewise tried using defensive jewels,I tried my other skills that are defensive oriented and I tried switch the way I play to compensate for my armor loss.

All rogues are saying is:it's impossible to match a tank now(you guys don't ever mention mage)but I haven't tried anything new.

@ EVERY ROGUE: if you wonder why this had to happen you can blame sts.You can blame them for wanting to continue their hard work on this game.NOT ONE single developer is going to stop expanding their game so twink players can think it's fair.as of tomorrow lv46 will not be end game.While sts will work on more balance,their main focus is going to be events and ultimately the next expansion.its business and it's life.

With a game that continues to add new items (with everyone wanting awesome abilities on them)it gets harder and harder to balance each class.you wonder why a lot of items are trash?Do you guys understand how tedious it is to write rules and code for all these items at various levels?Let alone please the masses with as much balance as there can be.If you can't even understand why a universal critical reduction was needed than you better go read up on rpg mechanics-specifically balancing interclass roles in pvp.

No class should be better than all others in all aspects of a game.its OK to have a class good at one thing,that in turn must make you weak to something else.

This is how "balance" is going to look:

X>Y
    Y>Z
    Z>B
    B>A
    A>N

Each representing a different build/character or both.with more variety of builds adding "balance".

Daggers where given for a reason.Archer class has always been squishy.My slightly educated guess?character level progression with the old values were scaled at later levels (56-66 idk when it started to break or why but I'm sure it did and that's why this happened) whatever program they are using told them that something wasn't going to be good at all(massive op rogues).

Do people think when new items and such are tested that it is all manual?I don't think that's the case for any dev team.Its a program(you can start with excel)that auto runs the numbers for you.It would takes Months/years to test all these things with human controls.Computers are good with hard stats and are way faster than us people are what screw up a more balanced system.not everyone plays the same.

Give you rogues back your armor OK. Then crits need to be taken away (more balance with no crits)in pvp. Doesn't sound fun does it?

what's the fix?

everyone has an opinion but no ideas but you want your armor back.

I'm going to start a thread on this where we can more proactively tackle this besides jabbing each other.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sellins View Post
    Take away crit for exchange of armor? tanks has damage and armor right now while rogues are way too squishy if one day they decided to take away tanks damage or nerf juggernaut i assure you that lots will be complaining which they are already complaining in the other thread.
    Most of my above paragraph is related to the how numbers are ran on a computer and basic rpg mechanics.You don't even understand why I spoke of critical removal from pvp.jugg was nerfed for the longest time rendering it useless.same with warriors damage,it was useless to a party and rogues "got by" with their shear damage output coupled with just enough armor.ARCHER CLASS IS SQUISHY,IN MOST CASES THE WEAKEST VS HITS.

My first language is English and I assume that yours isn't. Not quite sure we understand each other fully.

when I said take away critical, I meant for everyone.which would hurt rogues the most.
    any case,no one would like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Most of my above paragraph is related to the how numbers are ran on a computer and basic rpg mechanics.You don't even understand why I spoke of critical removal from pvp.jugg was nerfed for the longest time rendering it useless.same with warriors damage,it was useless to a party and rogues "got by" with their shear damage output coupled with just enough armor.ARCHER CLASS IS SQUISHY,IN MOST CASES THE WEAKEST VS HITS.

My first language is English and I assume that yours isn't. Not quite sure we understand each other fully.

when I said take away critical, I meant for everyone.which would hurt rogues the most.
    any case,no one would like that.
    what a kinda best tip for rogue thanks mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Could all of you clarify if you are having these problems with regular maps or elites? A well geared rogue shouldn't be dieing excessively in regular maps.

I use daggers and now have to use RS along with 10/10mastery.Take out some chaos jewels of your gear and throw in a few noble diamonds.It's not much but it makes a noticeable difference from not caring about my defense.
    We used to be able to pump up our damage with all sockets going to primary stat or chaos.Now you must care about your defense and it does suck when your on your rogue.Basically if you don't like the armor reduction stg made,you can personally trade it in for a damage reduction.get some noble diamonds and experiment.
    Only tip I can give really

Good luck to all on their Rogues! Gunna need it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Hey PVE warriors who want high DMG and never use a shield to tank. Please whine about dying in hard elites when mobs aren't properly controlled by a mage. Tell STS to buff your armor. Thanks.

*Sarcasm may have been used in this post*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

[QUOTE=TW84;2426006]Hey PVE warriors who want high DMG and never use a shield to tank. Please whine about dying in hard elites when mobs aren't properly controlled by a mage. Tell STS to buff your armor. Thanks.

*Sarcasm may have been used in this
    ppl using dagers like shild only for hp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

So you think you have to hide now and you lost igg on dagger you didn't do research on.not sts fault.give you your armor back?what is it going to be like at 56?that's right,NONE of you rogues can even wait for the new expansion to drop.keep the armor progression the way it was and end game rogues would have been way op (more than before).

so buff your defense with jewels/skills in essence trading in this armor nerf for a damage nerf .No one forces you to used primary Stat jewels/gems.there are other socketables out there.have you tried them?have you tried every possible variations in jewels/gems/pets/play style/skills? When you do that and can bring proof that it is impossible to stay alive then maybe people will listen.At the moment,I see no one saying anything to the likewise tried using defensive jewels,I tried my other skills that are defensive oriented and I tried switch the way I play to compensate for my armor loss.

All rogues are saying is:it's impossible to match a tank now(you guys don't ever mention mage)but I haven't tried anything new.

@ EVERY ROGUE: if you wonder why this had to happen you can blame sts.You can blame them for wanting to continue their hard work on this game.NOT ONE single developer is going to stop expanding their game so twink players can think it's fair.as of tomorrow lv46 will not be end game.While sts will work on more balance,their main focus is going to be events and ultimately the next expansion.its business and it's life.

With a game that continues to add new items (with everyone wanting awesome abilities on them)it gets harder and harder to balance each class.you wonder why a lot of items are trash?Do you guys understand how tedious it is to write rules and code for all these items at various levels?Let alone please the masses with as much balance as there can be.If you can't even understand why a universal critical reduction was needed than you better go read up on rpg mechanics-specifically balancing interclass roles in pvp.

No class should be better than all others in all aspects of a game.its OK to have a class good at one thing,that in turn must make you weak to something else.

This is how "balance" is going to look:

X>Y
    Y>Z
    Z>B
    B>A
    A>N

Each representing a different build/character or both.with more variety of builds adding "balance".

Daggers where given for a reason.Archer class has always been squishy.My slightly educated guess?character level progression with the old values were scaled at later levels (56-66 idk when it started to break or why but I'm sure it did and that's why this happened) whatever program they are using told them that something wasn't going to be good at all(massive op rogues).

Do people think when new items and such are tested that it is all manual?I don't think that's the case for any dev team.Its a program(you can start with excel)that auto runs the numbers for you.It would takes Months/years to test all these things with human controls.Computers are good with hard stats and are way faster than us people are what screw up a more balanced system.not everyone plays the same.

Give you rogues back your armor OK. Then crits need to be taken away (more balance with no crits)in pvp. Doesn't sound fun does it?

what's the fix?

everyone has an opinion but no ideas but you want your armor back.

I'm going to start a thread on this where we can more proactively tackle this besides jabbing each other.
    No that is what Devs get payed for and go too Uni for not us Players Why are you getting so worked about this thats what Id like too know ? You Sound Like Your CINCO LOCO Did you do this with the tanks when they were upset !! Or do you just find yourself jumping on everybandwagon saying STS on it You need too goo make some Camille Tea and Relax And for the 100th Time Its Not All About PVP you Cant do The same thing too Too players who play Two different games PVP PVE. Im no longer even getting into this made my feeling clear What I want Too Know is where is My L47 Helm And all my Gems that were in it in my Stash Gone too !!! Go see idf you can fix that with you X>Y Y>V