Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Humiiii's level 35 ultimate mage guide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Default Humiiii's level 35 ultimate mage guide.

Hello dear pvpers, Humiiii here. After many years spent at level 35, i think i acquired enough knowledge to share my tips about level 35 mage. So if you want to be a pro mage like me, read this

1. Introduction
    2. Builds/Tips/Guide vs all classes
    3. Items, sets.

1. Introduction

If you dont care about me, skip to part 2
    You may want to know why i spent all my PL life at 35. In my opinion, it's one of the most balanced levels. Before you decide to rage and comment you disagree, let me explain.
    I tried all classes at 35, even birds, rhinos. Mage is the most played class at this level, but it can be easily countered, especially by foxes and bears. Like people say, bears are not op. You just need the right gear, but i'll explain everything in the thread. Oh and many people asked, so here is a picture of me when i was new at 35 a few years ago!

Name:  IMG_0023.PNG
Views: 2102
Size:  366.2 KB

When i started, i tried bird, which was pretty strong at the time with forgotten bow or iceberg sword until the big damage nerf. But it is still viable with the right gear.
    Why am i making a thread about my favorite level so late? Because I reached my goal, which was to be the 35 mage with the most kills.

Here i am now.

Name:  IMG_0698.PNG
Views: 1824
Size:  374.1 KB

Alright, everyone's reaction right now. "dam, op kdr wtf". Well yeah, i rush and team a lot, but i never refuse 1v1s so if you want to 1v1 me, why not.

2. Builds

There are several builds that can be used:

1: the most common build

- 6 buffs, 6 fire, 6 light, 6 heal, 1 ms, 1 frost, 1 ice, 1 drain. This build is the most used. Works vs all classes.
    Combo: VS MAGES: Frost -> Light -> heal -> Ice -> Fire -> Drain. Repeat it until you win.
    VS BEARS: Fire -> Frost -> RUUUUUUUUNNN -> Repeat. If your opponent dodged fire, try to run and HEAL AFTER HELLSCREAM NOT BECKON, then try to proc most combos as you can to do extra damage. Dont hesitate to use Mana shield, it can save your life vs bear. Kiting is the most important thing to do, escpecially if you're facing a dex bear. For those who dont know what kiting is, it means trying to avoid your opponent's skills, this is why you have to learn ranges if you want to be one of the best mages at any level.

Here are pictures about me being out of range of my opponent.

Name:  IMG_0708.PNG
Views: 1852
Size:  774.8 KB
    You may think that it is an easy thing to do, but it's not. It takes a lot of practice.
    Here, i'm in hellscream range, which increases my chances of dying.

Name:  IMG_0707.PNG
Views: 1745
Size:  773.2 KB

So yes, kiting requires the fire frost combo. Some prefer using frost then fire for the combo, but it's not as good as fire frost in my opinion, because the bear doesn't stay frozen.

VS FOXES: These little jumping animals are very good vs mages, because they nuke in a few seconds. This is why Mana shield is a must have. So the combo is Frost -> Light -> Fire -> Run -> Repeat and then use mana shield even if your health is full, anything can happen.

VS BIRDS: There are not many birds out there, if you see one, dont believe it's an easy target, especially if his name is burningdex or rescind. Kiting their Shatt Blast combo is important. so here is the combo: Fire -> Frost -> Run -> Frost -> Light -> Ice -> Fire -> Drain.

VS RHINOS: Like birds, there are not many out there. The combo is simple. Unless you're fighting a level 40 rhino, there is no way you can die in a 1vs1. Combo vs level 35 rhino: Buffs -> Frost -> Light -> Fire -> Run -> Frost -> light -> Heal -> Ice -> Fire -> Drain.
    Combo vs level 40 rhino: Armor buff -> Frost -> Light -> Heal -> Ice -> Fire -> Damage Buff -> Repeat previous combo -> Drain. Why use Damage buff later? To nuke the rhino when he is buffless, simple .

So this was for the classic build. There are others, but not as good as the classic one.

"The 50/50 build": Low heal ( choose what you prefer, i recommend 1 or 2) 6 fire 6 drain 6 light 6 frost 1 ice, 6 damage buff and low armor buff.
    " The you're not going anywhere" build: High frost, lower fire (3 is good), 5 heal, 6 light, 1 ice, 6 buffs, and 1 mana shield if you want.

These are the only viables builds, but if you want to play seriously, use the classic one.

HUMIIII YOU FORGOT THE STATS POINTS! oh yea thank you for reminding me
    You have two choices: 112 int 67 dex or 75 int 104 dex. I recommend the 112 int 67 dex build, it's the one i use and i hink it's better than the other since i tried both.

Here are pictures showing ranges of mage skills. IN ORDER: FIRE DRAIN FROST. It's the max range of the skills, you cant use these skills farer than i am.
    Name:  IMG_0688.PNG
Views: 1712
Size:  719.5 KBName:  IMG_0692.PNG
Views: 1703
Size:  686.5 KBName:  IMG_0690.PNG
Views: 1673
Size:  700.8 KB

Alright, now that i have done Builds, tips and stats, time to talk about gear.
    3. Gear

For those who can afford evidence bracers: Halloween int helm and mantle, voodoo wand and evidence bracer. HUMIII HUMIIII DO I USE PURPLE EVI OR PINK HELP PLEASE?! well, both are good. I used to prefer purple one for the extra dodge, but pink one is the way to go now.
    This setup is the best one: works vs all classes. RING: Champion's fine platinum band level 20

Name:  IMG_0705.PNG
Views: 1679
Size:  788.5 KBName:  IMG_0700.PNG
Views: 1656
Size:  753.4 KB

Level 35 pink paw: " Paw is so bad at 35, why waste money on that?" No it's not bad at all, you need one if you want to beat bears easier, because it gives you dodge. Setup: halloween int helm and mantle, pink paw and pink evidence bracer. Paw also works with Pink doll or head and purp evi. I recommend using one of those 3 items instead of pink evi ( when you use paw).

Paw stats: 64-68 damage, 1.2 speed, 13 int, 4% dodge, 3% hit, 2% crit, 1 health, 1hs, 1 ms, 3 armor

Works vs foxes

Name:  IMG_0701.PNG
Views: 1647
Size:  777.3 KB

And of course vs bears

Name:  IMG_0703.PNG
Views: 1610
Size:  753.8 KB

If you can't afford paw, use the dreamer's dark wand level 35.
    Stats: 52-74 damage, 1.2 speed, 7 int, 1% dodge, 3% hit, 2% crit, 2hs, 3ms

It is a very good replacement.

Name:  IMG_0702.PNG
Views: 1599
Size:  762.1 KBName:  IMG_0704.PNG
Views: 1547
Size:  772.9 KB

What to do if you want to try 35 mage but you can't afford the best gear?

Don't worry, there are very good cheap items that you can use.
    However, you need halloween int helm and mantle + voodoo pin.
    If you can't afford pink paw: use l35 dreamer's dark wand ( posted stats before)
    If you can't afford evidence bracer/doll/head use a l30 shivering wing (104 dex 75 int for stats). The shivering wing is very good. when i use it, i use the Frost -> Light -> Fire combo, it's very nukey.

Alright, i think i'm done telling you all i know about 35 mage. This took me a lot of time so post constructive comments.
    If you have any questions or if i made any mistakes, let me know.

Thank you to Kainmage and Surfingfox

Humiiii
    Last edited by humiiii; 03-21-2016 at 08:58 AM.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to humiiii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

great guide!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jojobear34 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Alot of time and effort spendt on making this guide Humiiii! The outcome looks great, let's hope others also think so! (Because they should)

Great job!

Surfingbear, surfingmage, surfingfox, surfingrhino and surfingbirdie

Theonebear, iisak, isurfi, powandwissuck, Chaosfarm and leftfootofgod

6. The Following User Says Thank You to surfing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

nice guide but none of my builds are mentions here qq

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZedMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by humiiii View Post
    burningdex or rescind.
    cheers.

nice guide man. Perhaps spoilers for images, makes it look a lot cleaner (though it's not a massive issue so up to you)
    nothing lasts forever

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Burningdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

thank you all for your replies
    @Burningdex idk how to do that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

thank you all for your replies
    @Burningdex idk how to do that

sue explains it the best so creds to him (below)

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post

{spoiler=how to} your text here {/spoiler}

Where I have used { and } you replace the { with a corresponding [

Try one out
    Last edited by Burningdex; 03-21-2016 at 04:06 AM.
    nothing lasts forever

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Burningdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

i want to try this out i feel jealous,P.C halloween int mantle and helm(Why on cs its rise to 100k?Is it real price??),Purp evi,voodoo wand=??How much all in all
    Who cares about signatures
    😎😏

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan Blank View Post
    i want to try this out i feel jealous,P.C halloween int mantle and helm(Why on cs its rise to 100k?Is it real price??),Purp evi,voodoo wand=??How much all in all
    Hallo Int Set like 200-250k
    Purp Evi 3,5-4,5m
    Voodoo Wand like 150k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    sue explains it the best so creds to him (below)
    ah i see i'll do this when im not busy cause it might takes time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hello dear pvpers, Humiiii here. After many years spent at level 35, i think i acquired enough knowledge to share my tips about level 35 mage. So if you want to be a pro mage like me, read this

1. Introduction
    2. Builds/Tips/Guide vs all classes
    3. Items, sets.

1. Introduction

If you dont care about me, skip to part 2
    You may want to know why i spent all my PL life at 35. In my opinion, it's one of the most balanced levels. Before you decide to rage and comment you disagree, let me explain.
    I tried all classes at 35, even birds, rhinos. Mage is the most played class at this level, but it can be easily countered, especially by foxes and bears. Like people say, bears are not op. You just need the right gear, but i'll explain everything in the thread. Oh and many people asked, so here is a picture of me when i was new at 35 a few years ago!

Name:  IMG_0023.PNG
Views: 2102
Size:  366.2 KB

When i started, i tried bird, which was pretty strong at the time with forgotten bow or iceberg sword until the big damage nerf. But it is still viable with the right gear.
    Why am i making a thread about my favorite level so late? Because I reached my goal, which was to be the 35 mage with the most kills.

Here i am now.

Name:  IMG_0698.PNG
Views: 1824
Size:  374.1 KB

Alright, everyone's reaction right now. "dam, op kdr wtf". Well yeah, i rush and team a lot, but i never refuse 1v1s so if you want to 1v1 me, why not.

2. Builds

There are several builds that can be used:

1: the most common build

- 6 buffs, 6 fire, 6 light, 6 heal, 1 ms, 1 frost, 1 ice, 1 drain. This build is the most used. Works vs all classes.
    Combo: VS MAGES: Frost -> Light -> heal -> Ice -> Fire -> Drain. Repeat it until you win.
    VS BEARS: Fire -> Frost -> RUUUUUUUUNNN -> Repeat. If your opponent dodged fire, try to run and HEAL AFTER HELLSCREAM NOT BECKON, then try to proc most combos as you can to do extra damage. Dont hesitate to use Mana shield, it can save your life vs bear. Kiting is the most important thing to do, escpecially if you're facing a dex bear. For those who dont know what kiting is, it means trying to avoid your opponent's skills, this is why you have to learn ranges if you want to be one of the best mages at any level.

Here are pictures about me being out of range of my opponent.

Name:  IMG_0708.PNG
Views: 1852
Size:  774.8 KB
    You may think that it is an easy thing to do, but it's not. It takes a lot of practice.
    Here, i'm in hellscream range, which increases my chances of dying.

Name:  IMG_0707.PNG
Views: 1745
Size:  773.2 KB

So yes, kiting requires the fire frost combo. Some prefer using frost then fire for the combo, but it's not as good as fire frost in my opinion, because the bear doesn't stay frozen.

VS FOXES: These little jumping animals are very good vs mages, because they nuke in a few seconds. This is why Mana shield is a must have. So the combo is Frost -> Light -> Fire -> Run -> Repeat and then use mana shield even if your health is full, anything can happen.

VS BIRDS: There are not many birds out there, if you see one, dont believe it's an easy target, especially if his name is burningdex or rescind. Kiting their Shatt Blast combo is important. so here is the combo: Fire -> Frost -> Run -> Frost -> Light -> Ice -> Fire -> Drain.

VS RHINOS: Like birds, there are not many out there. The combo is simple. Unless you're fighting a level 40 rhino, there is no way you can die in a 1vs1. Combo vs level 35 rhino: Buffs -> Frost -> Light -> Fire -> Run -> Frost -> light -> Heal -> Ice -> Fire -> Drain.
    Combo vs level 40 rhino: Armor buff -> Frost -> Light -> Heal -> Ice -> Fire -> Damage Buff -> Repeat previous combo -> Drain. Why use Damage buff later? To nuke the rhino when he is buffless, simple .

So this was for the classic build. There are others, but not as good as the classic one.

"The 50/50 build": Low heal ( choose what you prefer, i recommend 1 or 2) 6 fire 6 drain 6 light 6 frost 1 ice, 6 damage buff and low armor buff.
    " The you're not going anywhere" build: High frost, lower fire (3 is good), 5 heal, 6 light, 1 ice, 6 buffs, and 1 mana shield if you want.

These are the only viables builds, but if you want to play seriously, use the classic one.

HUMIIII YOU FORGOT THE STATS POINTS! oh yea thank you for reminding me
    You have two choices: 112 int 67 dex or 75 int 104 dex. I recommend the 112 int 67 dex build, it's the one i use and i hink it's better than the other since i tried both.

Here are pictures showing ranges of mage skills. IN ORDER: FIRE DRAIN FROST. It's the max range of the skills, you cant use these skills farer than i am.
    Name:  IMG_0688.PNG
Views: 1712
Size:  719.5 KBName:  IMG_0692.PNG
Views: 1703
Size:  686.5 KBName:  IMG_0690.PNG
Views: 1673
Size:  700.8 KB

Alright, now that i have done Builds, tips and stats, time to talk about gear.
    3. Gear

For those who can afford evidence bracers: Halloween int helm and mantle, voodoo wand and evidence bracer. HUMIII HUMIIII DO I USE PURPLE EVI OR PINK HELP PLEASE?! well, both are good. I used to prefer purple one for the extra dodge, but pink one is the way to go now.
    This setup is the best one: works vs all classes. RING: Champion's fine platinum band level 20

Name:  IMG_0705.PNG
Views: 1679
Size:  788.5 KBName:  IMG_0700.PNG
Views: 1656
Size:  753.4 KB

Level 35 pink paw: " Paw is so bad at 35, why waste money on that?" No it's not bad at all, you need one if you want to beat bears easier, because it gives you dodge. Setup: halloween int helm and mantle, pink paw and pink evidence bracer. Paw also works with Pink doll or head and purp evi. I recommend using one of those 3 items instead of pink evi ( when you use paw).

Paw stats: 64-68 damage, 1.2 speed, 13 int, 4% dodge, 3% hit, 2% crit, 1 health, 1hs, 1 ms, 3 armor

Works vs foxes

Name:  IMG_0701.PNG
Views: 1647
Size:  777.3 KB

And of course vs bears

Name:  IMG_0703.PNG
Views: 1610
Size:  753.8 KB

If you can't afford paw, use the dreamer's dark wand level 35.
    Stats: 52-74 damage, 1.2 speed, 7 int, 1% dodge, 3% hit, 2% crit, 2hs, 3ms

It is a very good replacement.

Name:  IMG_0702.PNG
Views: 1599
Size:  762.1 KBName:  IMG_0704.PNG
Views: 1547
Size:  772.9 KB

Alright, i think i'm done telling you all i know about 35 mage. This took me a lot of time so post constructive comments.
    If you have any questions or if i made any mistakes, let me know.

Thank you to Kainmage and Surfingfox

Humiiii
    emailing myself this so i dont lose it. i was good at 35 untilll i went 61. had 1500 kills to 900 deaths
    L40: Doxing
    L61: YoGizmo
    L80: Deciphering

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damiixx View Post
    Hallo Int Set like 200-250k
    Purp Evi 3,5-4,5m
    Voodoo Wand like 150k
    wait srysly?got a budget of 600k only it seems i need to look for cheaper prices of halloween int
    😎😏

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

wait srysly?got a budget of 600k only it seems i need to look for cheaper prices of halloween int
    yes it's a bit expensive. If you really dont have much gold, i recommend going 104 dex with shivering wing, it is really good and you can beat players using evi if you know what you're doing. i died several times to players using that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Update: added items you can use if you can't afford paw or expensive shields.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

yes it's a bit expensive. If you really dont have much gold, i recommend going 104 dex with shivering wing, it is really good and you can beat players using evi if you know what you're doing. i died several times to players using that.
    deym it, could i use voodoo doll??btw you got lvl 35 halloween int helm and armor and voodoo wand im willing to pay 200k for lvl 35 haloween int helm and armor and 100k for voodoo wand
    😎😏

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

deym it, could i use voodoo doll??btw you got lvl 35 halloween int helm and armor and voodoo wand im willing to pay 200k for lvl 35 haloween int helm and armor and 100k for voodoo wand
    in my opinion shiv wing is better than voodoo doll, but use what you have. And no sorry i dont have extra gear!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

in my opinion shiv wing is better than voodoo doll, but use what you have. And no sorry i dont have extra gear!
    ahhhh okay, mind helping me level if you aint that busy?i cant seem to find someone helping me cuz i just go with random players then i keep getting booted
    😎😏

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

ahhhh okay, mind helping me level if you aint that busy?i cant seem to find someone helping me cuz i just go with random players then i keep getting booted
    if you mean help in pvp yeah join fundamentals (the guild im in) and team everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Could u possibly add other builds. (Revive ffa build, higher drain build) (Reaper/leg or even fbow)
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mennddoza View Post
    Could u possibly add other builds. (Revive ffa build, higher drain build) (Reaper/leg or even fbow)
    yea i can do that working on it