Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Incinerateing Balance: Munch Mouth AA Massively OP in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Default Incinerateing Balance: Munch Mouth AA Massively OP in PvP

The new arcane pet Munch Mouth's aa is able to one-hit endgame Warriors with top gear and with Juggernaut active. There are multiple reports and videos demonstrating the issue.

Devs, please take another look at this pet's aa because it is insanely overpowered and will quickly destroy PvP at all levels, giving the decisive and unfair advantage to Munch Mouth owners.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Titanfall reports as well....
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    Anyone? STS trying to turn PvP into 5v5 whoever presses AA first and banishes the other team?

Here is the video:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

agree with you 100%, that pet is way to op

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I believe this pet was only intended to incinerate only in PvE. I doubt if it was, but if it was intended for PvP, obviously STS didnt think things through..

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

It's actually has a very small range (4-6MM). It's only OP if you let it get close to you which brings me to my next question: why get close in combat?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It's actually has a very small range (4-6MM). It's only OP if you let it get close to you which brings me to my next question: why get close in combat?
    From a warrior's point of view I kinda have to get close in order to hit people.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

It is unprecedented for a pet aa to be able to instantly kill a top geared player of any class in PvP. I don't think it's good for balance and I hope it is unintentional. As for the range, the aa may be short range, but the pet itself has the same leash length as any other pet. A player welding the pet would only need to wait a moment for the pet to move in close enough and deliver the tactical nuke.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    From a warrior's point of view I kinda have to get close in order to hit people.
    Yes, but you also have HoR, SS, Axe to distance and protect yourself from the pet. This is just my opinion though having had fight against it in a clash.

It makes for an interesting clash, IMO, and people have to think how to fight against it.

Again though, this is just my opinion. I just don't see the reason of why STG made it a different name than banish and put all these checks and balances if it wasn't intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    It is unprecedented for a pet aa to be able to instantly kill a top geared player of any class in PvP. I don't think it's good for balance and I hope it is unintentional. As for the range, the aa may be short range, but the pet itself has the same leash length as any other pet. A player welding the pet would only need to wait a moment for the pet to move in close enough and deliver the tactical nuke.

Hmm, when testing with papalicks, I found that the leash was quite short.

The only thing I would change about this pet is that it shouldn't one hit tanks through juggernaut. Everything else is fair game, IMO. Taking this ability away from the pet would just render it useless.
    Last edited by Zeus; 03-20-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yes, but you also have HoR, SS, Axe to distance and protect yourself from the pet. This is just my opinion though having had fight against it in a clash.

It makes for an interesting clash, IMO, and people have to think how to fight against it.

Again though, this is just my opinion. I just don't see the reason of why STG made it a different name than banish and put all these checks and balances if it wasn't intentional.

The only thing I would change about this pet is that it shouldn't one hit tanks through juggernaut. Everything else is fair game, IMO. Taking this ability away from the pet would just render it useless.
    How ss&axe would save us? If the pets coming always to attacking us..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mucsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mucsi View Post
    How ss&axe would save us? If the pets coming always to attacking us..
    You can either toss the player aside, which would also remove the pet from reach. As I said, it's a very short range. Unless the pet is quite literally on top of you, it's not going to incinerate you. Or, if you can't do that, you can use SS & Axe as movement skills to avoid the pet. If I am too close to this pet, I SP out of its range.

If those don't work, you can quite literally outrun the pet as well with a simple Nekro AA.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Rogues one hit in pvp too. They're pets now. Kidding. The incinerate doesn't happen frequently at all in vs. Zeus still whooping me. Although there is a great satisfaction in incinerating these terminator warriors in pvp with the sword and sets. If you're out of range it can't incinerate. I think it makes things interesting and fun. And funny. I think it would be fun to stay. Maybe limit the low chance to incinerate to only one person per aa. Feels a lot like getting pulled into 50 lava pools except it happens faster. Pretty funny imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    Rogues one hit in pvp too. They're pets now. Kidding. The incinerate doesn't happen frequently at all in vs. Zeus still whooping me. Although there is a great satisfaction in incinerating these terminator warriors in pvp with the sword and sets. If you're out of range it can't incinerate. I think it makes things interesting and fun. And funny. I think it would be fun to stay. Maybe limit the low chance to incinerate to only one person per aa. Feels a lot like getting pulled into 50 lava pools except it happens faster. Pretty funny imo.

Personally, I think the number of people that it can incinerate is fine. I would just make it so that it cannot incinerate through jugg. After jugg is over though, it's fair game. I do like your idea of limiting incinerates though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Trying to justify a pet insta killing people in pvp, gotta say Im puzzled.

Not all that surprised though, I already predicted such a pet as a next step way back when Nekro was buffed. I'm not sure what follows though.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

When I saw the released info for Munch, I assumed 'incinerate' was essentially like banish, but worked as a Dragon Hunter Staff's proc on steroids; something like it'll do 10% of a target's full health every .25 seconds for 5 seconds or until the target is dead. Assumed it to be like banish and work in pve only.

Incinerate being full on banish in PvP? Seems a bit much. I can't wait to see the uproar in the twink community, "warriors just run around with HoR and juggernaut, in between waiting to tap Munch again."

If incinerate is meant to be working in pvp, at least give players a chance to survive it rather than be a full on instant death. Letting it have the mechanics like I described/guessed at would be like a death sence, unless a warrior can cast HoR in time, mages use shield and heal, and rogues use all 3 health packs. It would still leave players very vulnerable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

What happens with multiple MM on each side, one side has zero MM and the other has 4-5, or EVERYONE in the game has one. LOLYIKES! I just don't see how this AA can be viable for game balance.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

When did this become pet legends?
    A pet shouldnt be able to one hit any class from 100%-0%, your basically just having another team player because its just like a rogue who crits 10k on you, havent seen any rogue crit 10k in pvp btw, so basically above a rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

You are so right...........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Posting pet aa description for the purpose of clarity...
    Name:  pet-munch-mouth.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  295.1 KB

Questions:

There's a "chance" to instantly kill, is it a high chance?

No skill exists that grants a chance to instantly kill. Is it appropriate to have a pet that can instantly kill in PvP, even if by chance?

If allowed to retain this ability, will Munch Mouth become overly dominant in PvP as Nekro has?

Will the presence of multiple Munch Mouth pets, a maximum of 5 per side in CTF, 4 in TDM, create an imbalance in PvP?
    Last edited by Niixed; 03-20-2016 at 07:02 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    Posting pet aa description for the purpose of clarity...
    Name:  pet-munch-mouth.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  295.1 KB

Questions:

There's a "chance" to instantly kill, is it a high chance?

No skill exists that grants a chance to instantly kill. Is it appropriate to have a pet that can instantly kill in PvP, even if by chance?

If allowed to retain this ability, will Munch Mouth become overly dominant in PvP as Nekro has?
    You're Mage. Aimed shot been instantly killing since 2014. Hehe. I'm happy to play with anyone that wants to see it. I'd put the incinerate percentage at 10% or below. As a Mage I think it's funny to see other classes have to worry about what we worry about however there should be limitations. To the idea of having 4-5 munch on a side, just do like nekro. Can't overlap. Have to wait to use. It does feel very swordish. Some adjustments are probably in order. I'm not sure feeble alone is worth it to use an "arcane" pet but perhaps it is. Will have to play with it more.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    You're Mage. Aimed shot been instantly killing since 2014. Hehe. I'm happy to play with anyone that wants to see it. I'd put the incinerate percentage at 10% or below. As a Mage I think it's funny to see other classes have to worry about what we worry about however there should be limitations. To the idea of having 4-5 munch on a side, just do like nekro. Can't overlap. Have to wait to use. It does feel very swordish. Some adjustments are probably in order. I'm not sure feeble alone is worth it to use an "arcane" pet but perhaps it is. Will have to play with it more.
    Aimed can possibly instakill with high damage output but Aimed doesn't actually trigger an RNG roll to instakill or not.

Does Arcane Shield protect mages vs Incinerate?

Maybe there are pvp alternatives, like if the AA had a chance to reduce health by 75% instead of instantly kill.