Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pure Int the way to go? What skills are you guys maxing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1 Revive is essential for two reasons; to bring your team back from the dead, i.e. Zombify them, and to give yourself/team a nice 1 point M/S boost. This can be critical to all teammates and effectively doubles your base M/S. (You can combine this with Force Shield to bump your M/S to 3). Go Check the survival guide i got this excerpt from there and use it all the time.

This skill also has a super-secret hidden buff that lasts for a ridiculously long amount of time. When casted, the skill provides an additional 1 mana regen, 1 damage, 1 DPS, and 1 armor for around a minute. The mana regen is perhaps the most important as gear in Star Legends does not (barely) improve your M/S or H/S. If you combine this with the Force Shield skill you can bump your M/S to 3.
    Last edited by iLikeTurtles; 07-18-2011 at 06:11 PM.
    Iliketurtles lvl21 engi LiquidPropane lvl21 Op FightClub lvl5 com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My latest respec at L20 is

5 empathy
    1 res
    1 force shield
    6 protection
    5 tranferrence
    1 pain

Liking this one a lot. I use shield mainly for the mana regen after casting protection and res for the buffs. I'll probably max transferrence next, maybe empathy. I suspect that some variation of this build is going to very popular around 20/21. The first 2 skills don't seem to do enough damage to be of much use in Delta-7, although they are essential at low levels.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Looks like a variation of my build (Posted in noneo's thread) and would go great partied up with mine.

And yes Int seems to provide the most benefit to the class, while not being exceptionally squishy.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im going pure Int, no point in str due to massive armor buffs and more point in Int than Dex And protection is way better than force shield due to length and party buffs.
    Star Legends: Osehal- Level 20 Engineer
    Pocket Legends: MagicMortal- Level 38 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Nothing too earth shattering, but I'm playing around with this build at lvl 21

5 empathy
    1 res
    5 force shield
    6 transference
    3 pain

I'm not completely in agreement with you guys that pain is worthless yet. It seems to help a lot with the large mobs (like in motherload) that can't be killed instantly. If anything, it keeps them stunned for a few seconds while the smaller mobs are taken out. Just my 2c

- Genesis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

About 70% int and 30% str. str gives you pretty descent stats as an engineer, what some people don't know. You should have empathy and trans maxed as an engineer, or at least close to it. The protection spells dont work as we'll as their supposed to. There's another forum about it, check it out. Not really worth having in the long run. Pain is great for bosses, or heavily armored enemies. Just at lvl 23 right now, can give better insight as soon as I level some more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Engis should go full INT and max Empathy, Revive, Transference, Pain and Sonic Boom (in my opinion). Maybe even Decay, if possible. Transference is a vital skill for engis because of the AoE and healing properties. Sonic Boom is the only other AoE skill, and admit it, they really help while tanking.

Runs with more than two engis are slow because of the DoT. Ops have high DPS and comms just need to tank and take down enemies. Engis may have high weapon dps (though not as high as ops) but their skill DoT makes runs slow.

I hope I helped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Is pure INT still the way to go for optimum survivability?