Thread: Edatx's Int-Enchantress PvP Guide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    was slightly confused as to why you carry both 1 point ice spells. You also don't mention to use it for the combo in 1v1. I haven't pvped with a mage much.. is the combo that crappy? I remember at first thinking "wow i don't have time to cast ice before i'm dead.. but with the 12 second buffs it seems like it would be worth it, that is if the combo actually does anything.
    The combo is crappy-- not from a damage perspective but from a time perspective. I don't really feel like the combo adds much value: in the same time you either Freeze + Firestorm and add the DoT at the end with the combo, or Lightning + Firestorm, which does Lightning damage with an armor debuff, then Firestorm. The second sequence probably yields more total damage and has a lot more burst damage in the same time period. Landing crit lightning and firestorm will almost always kill an opponent.

I'm probably going to drop my point in Ice Storm and keep Frost Bite for utility.

Also i was wondering if drain life will only do its max damage if you are at 100% health.. ive had mixed experiences.
    I think a lot of spells are hit or miss depending if you crit or not, or if your opponent is buffing their Armor. With my experience, when I buff my crit up to 80% and Drain Life I think it's pretty deadly. Especially in a situation where I'm expecting to take red damage.

Pugging is fine, but not having rez in an organized 4v4 or 5v5 is very undesirable in a enchantress. We had a two 5 mans smash into each other once and we each killed 3 each. The fourth on our team died and left xanthia against two people. He rezed 4 of us and we stopped em and got the two kills. Voice chat and guild combat makes it alot easier to do.
    This is actually a great scenario to use Rez in PvP. Thank you for contributing Azrael!
    Last edited by Edatx; 06-07-2010 at 07:37 PM.