Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lv 20-21 Operative Weapons and Equips

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

OPS ONLY means only operators can equip those items. There is only green items atm - if pink or purple items appear I will color-code them like I did with the greens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Although not important, and maybe you did this already, but in the part about Gallowtech Vs. Lightwave, maybe include that Goo Soaked Sleeves might be a better choice than Gallowtech because of the +2 armor and the +1 dex. You lose a crit point, so it's a toss up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    Although not important, and maybe you did this already, but in the part about Gallowtech Vs. Lightwave, maybe include that Goo Soaked Sleeves might be a better choice than Gallowtech because of the +2 armor and the +1 dex. You lose a crit point, so it's a toss up.
    I think the Gallowtech Sleeves has a description typo. Here are Gallowtech and LightWave pieces compared to each other:

Smuggler's LightWave Hat (Lv 20) 3% Hit, 1 Crit, 10 Health, 10 Mana, 22 Armor
    Gallowtech Hat (Lv 20) 6 Dex, 1% Hit, 1% Crit, 22 Armor

Smuggler's LightWave Coat (Lv 20) 3% Hit, 1 Crit, 10 Health, 10 Mana, 70 Armor
    Gallowtech Coat (Lv 20) 6 Dex, 1% Hit, 1% Crit, 70 Armor

Smuggler's LightWave Wings (Lv 20) 3% Hit, 1 Crit, 10 Health, 10 Mana, 22 Armor
    Gallowtech Wings (Lv 20) 6 Dex, 1% Hit, 1% Crit, 22 Armor

Smuggler's LightWave Shoes (Lv 20) 3% Hit, 1 Crit, 10 Health, 10 Mana, 38 Armor
    Gallowtech Shoes (Lv 20) 6 Dex, 1% Hit, 1% Crit, 38 Armor

Smuggler's LightWave Sleeves (Lv 20) 3% Hit, 1 Crit, 10 Health, 10 Mana, 38 Armor
    Gallowtech Sleeves (Lv 19) 6 Dex 1% Hit 1% Crit 36 Armor
    Goo Soaked Sleeves (Lv 20) 7 dex, 1% Hit, 10 Health, 15 Mana, 38 Armor

Note that nearly every piece of equipment matches up in terms of Level requirement (20) and armor - except the Gallowtech Sleeves. If this was not intended then the Gallowtech Sleeves should have 38 armor. The difference in dex is negligible and 10 health and 15 mana are also negligible - The Gallowtech Sleeves would be better damage-wise (albeit it also a negligible amount).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

I dont think you read my post correctly or something.

I said the Goo Soaked Sleeves are a better choice than Gallowtech because they have 38 armor instead of the 36 for Gallowtech. They also have +7 dex opposed to +6. Although small differences, I don't see the 1% critical increase from gallowtech being all that important. I don't have gallowtech sleeves anymore but I used to have both goo and gallow, and I know I chose goo for a reason. Must have changed some damage stat or something because that's all I really look at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

If there's a potential problem with a piece of equipment, I'd rather have it addressed now from the devs than just go with it. It's very suspicious and also very obvious that the Gallowtech Sleeves does not fit with the norm. Instead of dismissing the whole thing and saying the Goo-Soaked Sleeves are better, I'd first want a definitive answer to whether or not these stats were intended. If they were intended, then yes you could reason out that the Goo-Soaked Sleeves are better in terms of armor, health, and mana. The +7 dex versus +6 dex is still negligible, more so than the 1% Crit that the Gallowtech offers. The difference of +1 dex is only +0.02 crit, +0.0769 damage, and possibly 1 health and/or 1 mana. In my humble opinion 1% Crit greatly outweighs all of those stats. Then again, depends on what you think is a more useful stat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

I think it was intended that way, as the other sets also have items with different stats in similar categories; example being the iHelmet vs Neutronic Helmet and Iridium Plate vs. Battlemarked Breastplate for Commando.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

For engineer at least, I know that the skill damage isn't all that big. When comparing the plat store items vs. neutronic on a pure int, neutronic offered 3 skill damage higher (min, max, and average). Assuming that it works the same way with dex, gallowtech has 3 skill damage more than smugglers.

@ Physiologic:
    For mage, there's also a fascinating item called the iHelmet that's very similar to Goo-soaked sleeves that Flowman noted. And for eng, the neutronic front plate is 19, not the sleeves.

Evidently, you seem to care about damage at all costs. I don't blame you - I took a very similar mentality in PL. But with SL; I'm not so sure anymore. Compared to the Veteran's Sniper and Beyond Rifle, minesweepers only has 2 lower skill damage.

Edit:
    Somebody has asked for stats for int gear in game. Sorry about the thread hijack.

Stoneklaz (Level 20), 19-41 Damage, 0.6 Speed, 7 Int, 1% Hit, 10 Health, 15 Mana
    Neutronic Vest (Level 19), 6 Int, 1% Hit, 1% Crit, 76 Armor
    Neutronic Pack (Level 20), 6 Int, 1% Hit, 1% Crit, 32 Armor
    Neutronic Sleeves (Level 20), 6 Int, 1% Hit, 1% Crit, 48 Armor
    Neutronic Boots (Level 20), 6 Int, 1% Hit, 1% Crit, 48 Armor
    Neutronic Helm (Level 20), 6 Int, 1% Hit, 1% Crit, 32 Armor
    iHelmet (Level 20), 7 Int, 1% Hit, 10 Health, 15 Mana, 32 Armor
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 07-18-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

If the stats are intended then so be it - it's not really that I care about damage per say yet. The difference of -/+ 2 stats makes no difference when applied to actual gameplay, at least for now. And I think 1 point of damage will increase skill damage by 1 point - at least that's what all the evidence points to atm. So very different from PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    If the stats are intended then so be it - it's not really that I care about damage per say yet. The difference of -/+ 2 stats makes no difference when applied to actual gameplay, at least for now. And I think 1 point of damage will increase skill damage by 1 point - at least that's what all the evidence points to atm. So very different from PL
    This has some interesting implications. Rapid fire weaponry only give slightly lower skill dmg than their larger counterparts. For example, the Veterans Beta and Beyond I think only gives 2-3 (I will verify tomorrow) more skill damage than the mine sweepers. This was tested on my pure dex operative with full gallowtech. Combine that with the fact that IMO most ops at level 20 ought to max out break armor at 6, and you've got a serious argument as to why fast, high dps weaponry may actually prove superior. Contrast this with PL where daggers were almost never used. That, and the fact that daggers were melee, while both the dual pistol and rifle wields are ranged. "Traditional" PL tactics were to choose slower, hard hitting weapons that added the most to skill damage.

Also, we can now say with 100% certainty that the iHelmet, Goo Soaked Sleeves, and Battlemarked Breastplate are all miner drops.

Another unrelated question for the plat store items - do we know if the carbines and the sniper rifles are largely the same except for aesthetics?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I'd also want to see how impactful enemy armor is to DPS too...that'll be pretty time-intensive to test out but I will get around to it. I'm unsure of the difference between the carbines and the sniper rifles - common sense tells me that the sniper rifle range is bigger, but we need to purchase the weapons to find out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post

Also, we can now say with 100% certainty that the iHelmet, Goo Soaked Sleeves, and Battlemarked Breastplate are all miner drops.
    This is the Op forum so the only one that applies is the sleeves. But for other reference, the Vular Tankoid on Big Bug Blast also drops Battlemarked Breastplate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I'd also want to see how impactful enemy armor is to DPS too...that'll be pretty time-intensive to test out but I will get around to it. I'm unsure of the difference between the carbines and the sniper rifles - common sense tells me that the sniper rifle range is bigger, but we need to purchase the weapons to find out.
    What are the advantages of carbines then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

The question really is are you willing to spend plat to find out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

The question really is are you willing to spend plat to find out
    Not worth it IMO. I can imagine that once the main game gets released, we will start to see regular carbines dropped.

Anyways - skill damage (All tested with a level 20 pure dex op with full gallowtech)

Mine Sweepers 18-37 damage, 0.5 Speed, 7 Dex, 1% Hit, 10 Health, 15 Mana
    Mind Wreck (Level 3): 40-47 damage
    Neural Shock (Level 1): 34-39 damage

Veteran's Beta and Beyond Sniper Rifle 22-48 Damage (Description in correct), 0.8 Speed, 2% Dodge, 1% Hit, 25 Health, 25 Mana
    Mind Wreck (Level 3): 42-49 damage
    Neural Shock (Level 1): 36-41 damage

IMO, the mine sweepers are the better choice

The relationship between weapons and how much they add to skill damage needs further testing.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 07-23-2011 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Fixed description

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

How much damage does the Veteran's Beta and Beyond Sniper Rifle give if you Preview on Avatar in the Platinum Store (and your character is stripped)? I might have to change all those Plat numbers around. And looks like weapon speed does make a difference in skill damage. Also, some skills respond better or worse to weapon speed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

22 to 48? But the description says 23 to 50? It's the description at the bottom that's wrong. Weird.

A second comparison. Level 20 pure int mage with full neutronics, except head (iHelmet).

Stoneklaz (Level 20), 19-41 Damage, 0.6 Speed, 7 Int, 1% Hit, 10 Health, 15 Mana
    Transference (level 6): 36-49

Veteran's Beta and Beyond Sniper Rifle 22-48 Damage, 0.8 Speed, 2% Dodge, 1% Hit, 25 Health, 25 Mana
    Transference (level 6): 39-52

Curious. I think that this mechanic (unlike differences in int, dex, and str) appear to be constant across classes. Right now pure builds appear to be the best overall.

Edit:
    I suppose right now, the plat store rifles are the best overall?

Other thoughts - somebody told me (and this just a rumor) that the gallowtech will become the equal of bagmans in PL. The newer pink gear will be like "raid roach" to bagmans. If that's true, it makes sense to keep the gallowtech.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 07-19-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

How much damage is added when equipped? I probably won't do any heavy analysis until we get many more weapons and better info on skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

How much damage is added when equipped? I probably won't do any heavy analysis until we get many more weapons and better info on skills.
    22 to 48. It's a typo. We might want to alert the devs on this one.

I haven't tested, but I can't imagine that the level 21 A-OK rifles or repeaters would add more skill damage; the plat store stuff certainly looks top notch right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

The bugs/feedback/issues thread is all yours. And even if it looks that way, I'll just wait for the full version to be released before anything is concrete. After all, the level cap will be raised to 25 (25 elite) when SL is available to everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think dps means damage / second I'm more interested in max damage cause that boosts ur skill damage. I will give an example: stoneklaz gives more dps then the veteran beta rifle but less max damage.

So my conclusion is dps affects ur auto attack while the max damage affects ur skill damage. And I prefer the last. Tell me if I'm wrong

Next thing: the end boss at big bug blast gives the same loot as miner and easy to kill. What I saw it gives:

Minesweepers, stoneklaz, ihelmet, Goo soaked sleeves, brestplate, the foreman, laser drill, rumble and lots more
    Last edited by themars; 07-26-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=415&d=1311352096
    Theseus | Mars | Cupido
    Rage of Mages Officer