Thread: Useless season titles?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Default Useless season titles?

OK.... Sts! What's up????....

So I just want to be clear here but...

1) You want to end the season right after we found I dunno how many people cheating and stacking elixirs due to a bug u caused???

2) And in the middle of a level cap? Why just not wait till next level... Like we always do????

I'm sorry, but I'm beyond annoyed at this!!

OK... So you're telling me u want the cheaters to all get banners?
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

1) Elixir didn't stacked more than 45mins, it didn't harm anyone even if they allow stack.
    2) Bot for lb is not legit but not punishable, coz lbbots don't harm sts money but gold spambots.I dont knw why Sts don't stop lb cheaters maybe coz they bought many plats from them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

What is worse, there is one person who clearly not on lb before season end still got a banner due to some unknown relationship with Remiem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenWarrior View Post
    1) Elixir didn't stacked more than 45mins, it didn't harm anyone even if they allow stack.
    2) Bot for lb is not legit but not punishable, coz lbbots don't harm sts money but gold spambots.I dont knw why Sts don't stop lb cheaters maybe coz they bought many plats from them.
    they do harm a lot of legit players, cuz the cheaters not only cheat, they actually wiped the time run leaderboard with elixir bug so no legit player could get lb banner

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kixkaxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Some person did dummy farm ---> reset kills

A person admit that he did dummy farm in forum, many ppl read it ---> sts do nothing but erase that thread

Thanks, your welcome
    We were born Original, dont die a copy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Hmm , me myslef I'm not an lb runner , but I know about the bug. All they did is stack elixirs , that's not cheating>.< they did not do anything against the ToS and they did not edit the code of the game.... Everybody could use that bug , considering it was not punishable , and purly a sts mistake. You had time to do the same and beat their time ... Also , multiple lb bots got banned .. It's just hard to detect that somebody is botting , because you can't prove it by SS , or even a video.. While the gold selling bots spam the same message very time , making them easy targets for players to SS and report to sts. They won't ban an lb players without being 100% sure that he IS boring , even if it's obvious , they need proof ..and providing that proof is nearly impossible

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

It's not legit and it is punishable because it's exploiting the game. Would you want to play a game where cheaters could roam free and do what they want? Oh yeah we already play it

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Sorry you read it wrongly. I did not say it should be not punishable, im saying its not punishable ( sts did that) is the fact. Why do they don't bän lbbots is my question too. Its very annoying when i see sts don't even spend a minute to clarify why don't they bãn lbbots.

All i see is, don't criticize anyone ign in forums reply and deleting posts response from sts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Sorry you read it wrongly. I did not say it should be not punishable, im saying its not punishable ( sts did that) is the fact. Why do they don't bän lbbots is my question too. Its very annoying when i see sts don't even spend a minute to clarify why don't they bãn lbbots.

All i see is, don't criticize anyone ign in forums reply and deleting posts response from sts
    Ehhhmm bcoz they pay the most end of story nothing u can do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

I don't get why leaderboarders' accounts are not checked before giving out rewards.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    What is worse, there is one person who clearly not on lb before season end still got a banner due to some unknown relationship with Remiem
    This is extremely hard to believe... what do you mean? can you elaborate any more than this? How can you prove for certain this "one person" was not on the leader board for sure?

If you can i would be very interested in this topic

Edit: also this "one person" may be using stash to put this lb banner on another toon of the same account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by acewasabi View Post
    Did those who used this exploit get banners?
    They did... Sad but true!

... This section of lbs was pretty much the only lb that was still honest and fair (not filled with cheats) ... Way to go sts... Personally I'd love sts to look back and fix this, but I hold no hopes.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    they do harm a lot of legit players, cuz the cheaters not only cheat, they actually wiped the time run leaderboard with elixir bug so no legit player could get lb banner
    If this is referring to the enhanced leaderboard for Arena, Season 8, allow me to put in my two cents here, as I was one of the members of the party that wiped that leaderboard:

To the best of my knowledge, elixirs that were stacked only increased the timer on the elixir, not the effects of the elixir itself. This showed a timer in the map while you were there that was longer than the normal allotted time. However, if you left the map to any other area, the timer would have gone back to the previous time, before you "stacked" it. After I saw that happening, I considered using more than 1 elixir for the time stacking a complete waste of the elixir and did not waste my time doing it. If there was in fact a bug that stacked the effect of the elixirs as well, I was not only unaware of this, but also did not take advantage of this (as previously stated, due to finding it a waste of elixirs). I can only speak for myself in this situation, but looking at the rest of my team's damage and comparing it to mine as well, considering the gear difference we had, I had (and still have) no reason to believe any of them had stacked any elixir effects to gain an unfair advantage. We actually spent the entire season staying #1 on the leaderboard, or getting knocked down to #2 or #3 as some people got some lucky times. Nonetheless, we stayed on the leaderboard the entire season, and without much competition either. At the end of the season we gave the leaderboard some final runs, as we knew the season was coming to and end. We saw that we were powerful enough to overtake the #1 time relatively easily (given good environments & luck in crits) without the need for the challenger (which saves 10-15 seconds, depending on your group) after the first couple of runs. We decided to just go ahead and set as many of the times on the leaderboard to what we were averaging. All we did is use our elixirs, as everybody else can, and use our gear, that everybody else also had access to (provided they had the funding for it). I know I can only speak for myself here, but I know I did not personally use anything that nobody else had access to to give me an unfair advantage, and I don't believe any of my team members did as well. We won the top times fair and square. Please don't automatically assume that just because there was a sudden wiping of the leaderboard times that we were cheating. Some people got particularly mad about getting wiped off the times, and may automatically assume that the opposition was cheating because of pride reasons, but I personally think in this new age where more and more players are getting higher gear and finally becoming an equal to previous uncontested leaderboard winners who had advantages purely in gear, we're going to see more and more names on the board because they are simply more skilled than the other players (and now on equal grounds with gear) - and I'm looking forward to seeing some real competition for the leaderboard spots in the future!

Edit: I hadn't thought to mention this while writing with regards to the enhanced leaderboard spots, but if you actually looked at the pure leaderboard times, we could have easily wiped that board as well. We didn't as we had some other friends on the list that we wanted to share a first time season banner with. But the point I wanted to make is: we could have easily wiped pure LB as well, and there is no way we could have cheated by stacking elixirs on the pure leaderboard, obviously.
    Last edited by DarrenPR; 03-30-2016 at 12:50 AM.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post
    If this is referring to the enhanced leaderboard for Arena, Season 8, allow me to put in my two cents here, as I was one of the members of the party that wiped that leaderboard:

To the best of my knowledge, elixirs that were stacked only increased the timer on the elixir, not the effects of the elixir itself. This showed a timer in the map while you were there that was longer than the normal allotted time. However, if you left the map to any other area, the timer would have gone back to the previous time, before you "stacked" it. After I saw that happening, I considered using more than 1 elixir for the time stacking a complete waste of the elixir and did not waste my time doing it. If there was in fact a bug that stacked the effect of the elixirs as well, I was not only unaware of this, but also did not take advantage of this (as previously stated, due to finding it a waste of elixirs). I can only speak for myself in this situation, but looking at the rest of my team's damage and comparing it to mine as well, considering the gear difference we had, I had (and still have) no reason to believe any of them had stacked any elixir effects to gain an unfair advantage. We actually spent the entire season staying #1 on the leaderboard, or getting knocked down to #2 or #3 as some people got some lucky times. Nonetheless, we stayed on the leaderboard the entire season, and without much competition either. At the end of the season we gave the leaderboard some final runs, as we knew the season was coming to and end. We saw that we were powerful enough to overtake the #1 time relatively easily (given good environments & luck in crits) without the need for the challenger (which saves 10-15 seconds, depending on your group) after the first couple of runs. We decided to just go ahead and set as many of the times on the leaderboard to what we were averaging. All we did is use our elixirs, as everybody else can, and use our gear, that everybody else also had access to (provided they had the funding for it). I know I can only speak for myself here, but I know I did not personally use anything that nobody else had access to to give me an unfair advantage, and I don't believe any of my team members did as well. We won the top times fair and square. Please don't automatically assume that just because there was a sudden wiping of the leaderboard times that we were cheating. Some people got particularly mad about getting wiped off the times, and may automatically assume that the opposition was cheating because of pride reasons, but I personally think in this new age where more and more players are getting higher gear and finally becoming an equal to previous uncontested leaderboard winners who had advantages purely in gear, we're going to see more and more names on the board because they are simply more skilled than the other players (and now on equal grounds with gear) - and I'm looking forward to seeing some real competition for the leaderboard spots in the future!

Edit: I hadn't thought to mention this while writing with regards to the enhanced leaderboard spots, but if you actually looked at the pure leaderboard times, we could have easily wiped that board as well. We didn't as we had some other friends on the list that we wanted to share a first time season banner with. But the point I wanted to make is: we could have easily wiped pure LB as well, and there is no way we could have cheated by stacking elixirs on the pure leaderboard, obviously.
    Um... No... Timers were supposed to just stack times, but if u looked output you'd know otherwise... They also stacked everything else!!! And it was a known bug!

Pure stayed pure I think cause u can't use elixirs, but I might be wrong about that...

Point is....
    Yes this didn't last long, but it was long enough to mess stuff up!!!

Also... Why end season before season evens ends right after that????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    Um... No... Timers were supposed to just stack times, but if u looked output you'd know otherwise... They also stacked everything else!!! And it was a known bug!

Pure stayed pure I think cause u can't use elixirs, but I might be wrong about that...

Point is....
    Yes this didn't last long, but it was long enough to mess stuff up!!!

Also... Why end season before season evens ends right after that????
    If the effects of the elixirs were stacked, then they stacked and I was incorrect. This still does not change the fact that I did not abuse this. If we had, wouldn't we have stacked the elixirs over and over and gotten to the point where we could have 1-hit the bosses purely on dmg boost? An arena LB time for all 1-hits would be slightly over 1:00 (because of the 20 second wait time between killing a boss and spawning the next one), and not the 1:45 we were doing (actually a reasonable time for high geared group of 4 rogues using daggers for 35% armor reduction on bosses - try it now. Believe me, you'll be impressed with what fully Noble finesse & para slotted mythic and arcane gear can do).

As I said, pure could have easily been wiped as well. One thing that really needs to be understood is that there was so little competition for the leaderboard times for Arena that (except for 1 specific time I know a friend of mine got on pure) I'd venture to guess that there was AT MOST 5 times on the board that were with a challenger (including both pure and enhanced). Times without a challenger are not even what I consider "real" leaderboard times, since a single challenger (even with very bad environments & bosses) can clear out those times.

I agree with you that if people did abuse a stacking elixir effect to gain an unfair advantage over other players, it's not cool and those players do not deserve any banners they got. But I know who I am and what I did for the Arena times and it was not cheating. No amount of anybody saying otherwise will change that. I know I earned the banners I got fair and square.

As for your last question, that's something you should ask SpaceTimeStudios about. I do not have the answer for that.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post
    If the effects of the elixirs were stacked, then they stacked and I was incorrect. This still does not change the fact that I did not abuse this. If we had, wouldn't we have stacked the elixirs over and over and gotten to the point where we could have 1-hit the bosses purely on dmg boost? An arena LB time for all 1-hits would be slightly over 1:00 (because of the 20 second wait time between killing a boss and spawning the next one), and not the 1:45 we were doing (actually a reasonable time for high geared group of 4 rogues using daggers for 35% armor reduction on bosses - try it now. Believe me, you'll be impressed with what fully Noble finesse & para slotted mythic and arcane gear can do).

As I said, pure could have easily been wiped as well. One thing that really needs to be understood is that there was so little competition for the leaderboard times for Arena that (except for 1 specific time I know a friend of mine got on pure) I'd venture to guess that there was AT MOST 5 times on the board that were with a challenger (including both pure and enhanced). Times without a challenger are not even what I consider "real" leaderboard times, since a single challenger (even with very bad environments & bosses) can clear out those times.

I agree with you that if people did abuse a stacking elixir effect to gain an unfair advantage over other players, it's not cool and those players do not deserve any banners they got. But I know who I am and what I did for the Arena times and it was not cheating. No amount of anybody saying otherwise will change that. I know I earned the banners I got fair and square.

As for your last question, that's something you should ask SpaceTimeStudios about. I do not have the answer for that.
    I don't claim u didn't work you fingers to the bone or that your not deserving! (even buffed like crazy none those recs are easy to get!!!, but for those people that were buffed that's unfair!!! even . 005 seconds changes the record and if you've ever run you know beating a time by . 005 seconds is a big deal!)

For those that run... They know the tiniest mistake or buff makes a HUGE deal!!!

But besides sts error with elixer... Ending season early unannounced gave runners no time to try to get their recs back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

For those that run... They know the tiniest mistake or buff makes a HUGE deal!!!
    I learned that even with guy with 100dmg less pty can be faster than guy with 100dmg more. so what do u writing here is not truth. It mostly depends on skill using n knowledges of ppl.

It also depends on luck. Dagg proc in 1st sec of battle in arena can easy make kill boss in 8s.

If they will add one week (not day) annoucent about closing season u will see that only few ppl will get banners.
    Last edited by Jakubson; 03-30-2016 at 02:54 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakubson For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jakubson View Post
    I learned that even with guy with 100dmg less pty can be faster than guy with 100dmg more. so what do u writing here is not truth. It mostly depends on skill using n knowledges of ppl.

It depends on luck. Dagg proc in 1st sec of battle in arena can easy make kill boss in 8s.

If they will add one week (not day) annoucent about closing season u will see that only few ppl will get banners.
    Yes... I agree that it's mostly all skill! but if u run timed small advantages are huge... That's why pulls and parks and pets such a big secret...

The skill level...
    That's exactly my complaint...

1) Elixir should have been nulled (goblin Elixir weekend that buffed and the other one I forget... were both nulled... So why wasn't this one?)... Even if it was useless... Just null the 1-2 day buff so nobody can complain... bragging rights are better if no dispute!

2) community should have been given at least a cpl weeks notice of season end... I can't remember any season ever ending like this! so far ahead of expansion and without notice... I may be wrong, but just my feelings!...

But... With these changes....

Then the best skilled players would have had time to at least defend their titles

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

I don't claim u didn't work you fingers to the bone or that your not deserving! (even buffed like crazy none those recs are easy to get!!!, but for those people that were buffed that's unfair!!! even . 005 seconds changes the record and if you've ever run you know beating a time by . 005 seconds is a big deal!)

But besides sts error with elixer... Ending season early unannounced gave runners no time to try to get their recs back
    They didn't use those stacked elixirs because they easily took the top spots in pure with similar times to enhanced, unless you wanna also argue that they cheated on pure too, the amount of accusations coming from DM lately have given me the very strong impression that they are infact very sore losers, as gravitas took more timed recs this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I think it's time STS answered the question: Was there any recent glitch which allowed for stacking of elixir effects?

I'm pretty sure we would have noticed all the people running around with 3-4-5-10k damage, if this were the case. Anyway, I think we would all appreciate an answer from a developer.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

raw