Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Weapon Changes in Curse of the Cryostar

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Default Weapon Changes in Curse of the Cryostar

Important Note: To preserve previously released content these changes will only be affecting items released as part of the Underhul Expansion. Weapons released before the expansion have not been changed.

Hey Everyone, Vroom here! I wanted to take a moment to talk about some weapon changes you’ll be seeing with the Underhul Expansion. The team at Spacetime has seen heavy favoritism towards certain weapons so we’ve made some changes to give players advantages for various playstyles.

Dagger vs Bow
    Historically bows have been stronger weapons than daggers. With higher damage plus long range, daggers just couldn’t compete with bows. Rogues will begin to see something new with Underhul:

Dagger Changes
    • Daggers now have added armor
    • Skill damage will be higher with a dagger than bow (for weapons of the same level and rarity)

Bow Changes
    • Basic attack damage of bow increased 200% (Will go live with this week’s update)

What does this mean for Rogue Playstyles
    If you choose to use daggers, you will gain some armor and your skills will deal more damage. The trade-off is that you’ll need to stay on top of your enemies to continue using basic attacks.
    If you choose to use a bow you can keep your distance from your enemies but your skills will do less damage. To ensure that daggers don’t just become the most desired weapon, we’ve increased the basic attack damage of bows. The bow attack can still only hit 1 enemy though, which means the weapon that deals the most basic attack damage depends on how many targets you hit.
    Number of Targets Highest Damage Weapon
    1 Bow
    2 Dagger/Bow (equal)
    3 Dagger

Gun vs Staff
    Sorcerers have had a similar issue in the past with guns being the overwhelming weapon of choice. This was due to the same factors of having higher skill damage plus the additional range and kiting that come with a gun. Sorcerer weapons will receive similar treatment to what was mentioned above for Rogues.

Staff Changes
    • Skill damage will be slightly higher with a staff than gun (for weapons of the same level and rarity)
    • Staff maximum targets hit increased to 4 (Will go live with this week’s update)

Gun changes
    • Basic attack damage of gun increased 200%

Sorcerers looking to maximize their AoE damage should look to staffs with higher skill damage and increased damage to mobs, while sorcerers wanting the ability to kite better and to have greater single target damage should use guns.
    Number of Targets Highest Damage Weapon
    1 Gun
    2 Staff/Gun (equal)
    3 Staff
    4 Staff

As always, we will be keeping an eye on how these changes are affecting players and will make adjustments if needed. We hope that this will put players on more even ground when choosing a weapon that fits their play style!

-STSVroom
    Last edited by VROOMIGoRealFast; 03-28-2016 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Clarification
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

First and sad it won't affect arcane weapons
    Ign - Coolguymage

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

So basically, bows and guns are best used for boss slayin' now?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Basic attack means spam attacks?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nightmaresmoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Nice I like it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zerofort For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Hello,

I have a question:
    When you say that you have to continue to stay on top of your target to do damage, how exactly does this work? Are you saying with daggers my aimed shot will not work at long range?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Wait so your not gonna include arcane daggers in this? If not that's pretty messed up

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerofort For This Useful Post:

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hello,

I have a question:
    When you say that you have to continue to stay on top of your target to do damage, how exactly does this work? Are you saying with daggers my aimed shot will not work at long range?
    I was referring to basic attack damage, meaning you'll have to stay close to be within dagger range for your basic attacks.

Good catch, I'll update the initial post for clarification.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

lol excited for dags

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

You need to include arcane daggers in this you just nerfed are armor when daggers were released. As a arcane item that's already severely beat by war arcane sword I hope u include arcane daggers in this

19. The Following User Says Thank You to zerofort For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just wanted to say thanks for the gear under hul mythic is a great gift Sts from someone who is finally crafting armour of unknown power today after six months of working towards it. Thank you I feel bad for spending 40m for outdated gear but thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    I was referring to basic attack damage, meaning you'll have to stay close to be within dagger range for your basic attacks.

Good catch, I'll update the initial post for clarification.
    Thank you! Eager to see how this turns out. If this could also apply to arcane staff and daggers, I'm sure many people would appreciate it. Especially the staff, now knowing it's very inadequate.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I agree with Zeus here. Please have these changes apply to the current arcane daggers and staff. It would only be right considering they are supposed to be the top weapons at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medicman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Hold on, just wait a durn minute guys... why would you give rogues armor on daggers but completely ignore the fact that mages with stalves go 'splat' so quickly and easily that it makes stalves almost totally useless? Increased skill damage is not going to adequately compensate for this vulnerability!

Stalves are not unpopular just because of lower skill damage.

Unless you incorporate increased toughness into stalves, guns will still be heavily favored by sorcerers. I can tell you I won't want a staff unless I have a fighting chance to keep my deaths under control. What is the point of making this change if you're not going to ensure that mages won't rack up the death toll even more than we already do?

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    Hold on, just wait a durn minute guys... why would you give rogues armor on daggers but completely ignore the fact that mages with stalves go 'splat' so quickly and easily that it makes stalves almost totally useless? Increased skill damage is not going to adequately compensate for this vulnerability!

Stalves are not unpopular just because of lower skill damage.

Unless you incorporate increased toughness into stalves, guns will still be heavily favored by sorcerers. I can tell you I won't want a staff unless I have a fighting chance to keep my deaths under control. What is the point of making this change if you're not going to ensure that mages won't rack up the death toll even more than we already do?
    Yes, this is true but should be considered only if rogues get the armor they lost back or at least a good portion of it. It's really almost impossible to rogue in PvP clash type environments now.

Otherwise, we would be again making a DPS class "too tanky" when one just got a nerf for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Does it mean the bow went to dps type and dagger turn into skill damage type?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yes, this is true but should be considered only if rogues get the armor they lost back or at least a good portion of it. It's really almost impossible to rogue in PvP clash type environments now.

Otherwise, we would be again making a DPS class "too tanky" when one just got a nerf for that.
    I can see your concern about balance, good call. I was in PvE world when I wrote that.

Agree something seems off about the rogue armor nerf. I haven't had the time to properly analyze the situation. My instinct tells me the nerf was probably necessary, but the amount was set too high. One easy tell that it's too high is the degree at which rogue players are upset about the change.

Rogues are deeply upset and angry about this. It is negatively affecting how they view the game

It would have been a good idea to announce such a drastic change beforehand. Rogues certainly didn't get a fair hearing, I think STS owes them that much. An [Investigation] thread regarding the nerf would greatly appreciated, I'm sure.

Not saying more on that subject, though. I don't want to derail this thread.
    Last edited by Niixed; 03-28-2016 at 09:34 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

No changes in weapons for warriors?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I think sts thinks that warriors are already OP so no need to do anything lol or something new is cooking for warrior class let's hope for the best

Coalhouse

When you write "Basic attack damage of [bow/gun] increased 200%", do you mean to 200% (i.e. doubling basic attack damage), or by 200% (i.e. trebling basic attack damage)?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Coalhouse For This Useful Post: