Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Weapon Changes in Curse of the Cryostar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Thank you! Eager to see how this turns out. If this could also apply to arcane staff and daggers, I'm sure many people would appreciate it. Especially the staff, now knowing it's very inadequate.
    I think hard because there is already the new mythic. More damage, arc dagger. More armor new mythic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captura de tela de 2016-03-29 19:58:52.png 
Views:	438 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	149653

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I love seeing how people are getting theirs knickers in a knot over level 46/47 mythic & arcane items, when we're about to be wearing level 56 gear by the end of next week. "I want my items to be the best for the 3 days that I'll be using them!"

Such parochial thoughts.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    I love seeing how people are getting theirs knickers in a knot over level 46/47 mythic & arcane items, when we're about to be wearing level 56 gear by the end of next week. "I want my items to be the best for the 3 days that I'll be using them!"

Such parochial thoughts.
    The problem is the weapons age its fairly new and the gap between releases is really close some people bought it at high price and not knowing it will be useless afterwards its what ticks them off, if you're uber rich this won't affect you at all but for some it does.
    Last edited by nightmaresmoke; 03-30-2016 at 10:09 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nightmaresmoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

You understand what arcane items are supposed to mean in a game called arcane legends correct? Lmao idk how long you have played mor but all these insta lvl people think arcane items are legendary rare. In arcane item what roughly a month old should not be outdated in 2months after its birth. But let me guess your main toon is a war cuz ofc like the maul there item will be used for 2 season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerofort View Post
    You understand what arcane items are supposed to mean in a game called arcane legends correct? Lmao idk how long you have played mor but all these insta lvl people think arcane items are legendary rare. In arcane item what roughly a month old should not be outdated in 2months after its birth. But let me guess your main toon is a war cuz ofc like the maul there item will be used for 2 season.
    LOL, and once upon a time, legendary was the best .....
    and look at it now xD

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eugene9707 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Finally dags will have some use again. Now if only the new items released would have higher stats than those of previous seasons, we might have something here.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Yes well that's my point will we all just stand by as mythic/arcanes become worthless a month after you get them? Last arcane weapon rouges got was lvl26? So here we are lvl 46 finally get one and bamm worthless after update. We keep letting things go like the joke known as glintstone set. Do you understand the countless hours people put in2 those set not 2 mention the gold/plat all for not. Sts is rolled all over us last exspansion. Not every one has plat and millions to Wast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Yes well that's my point will we all just stand by as mythic/arcanes become worthless a month after you get them? Last arcane weapon rouges got was lvl26? So here we are lvl 46 finally get one and bamm worthless after update. We keep letting things go like the joke known as glintstone set. Do you understand the countless hours people put in2 those set not 2 mention the gold/plat all for not. Sts is rolled all over us last exspansion. Not every one has plat and millions to Wast.
    They announced the expansion for the first time 6 months ago. Expansion means new levels, which in turn SHOULD mean better gear. If you spend millions knowing a new level cap is coming, you only have yourself to blame.

Maybe you're new, but those of us who have been around since the beginning have watched in sadness as STS leaves the same sets of gear as "best" for over a year at a time. This leaves people nothing to look forward to and drives them to other games. Catering to this idea of "I worked for it, so it should be best for as long as I play" is what makes games die, STS has been doing this for the last 2 1/2 years, and frankly it is terrible for both the players and the game.

The idea of a game is to have something to work at to get new and better gear so you can do more, harder things. Glinstone mythic armour set was there to work for, but was not better, killing season 8. They are jumping 10 levels this time, and the "gear up" "mythic" helm is lower in almost all stats than the padded helm I got at the start of season 8, and the same with the armour vs level 41 imbued.

Seriously, if they are not going to release gear with better stats at level 56, they might as well shut things down totally. People who don't want to work to earn gold to buy new items are not people who keep a game alive, so why should the game be stagnated for them?
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

STS, I think it is the right time to release arcane armor set to shut em down.
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

So does the new mythic staff better than dragon hunter staff?I still prefer the dragon staff over mythic gun due to the DOT and the HP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Lmao don't you act like you all mighty talking to me like that I only crafted helm bcuz of that I never said I crafted it did i? Sts said arcane items are best for 2 seasons I'm only going by what they said. 2 have stats of a lvl47 mythic better then a lvl46 arcane weapon good for you? Maybe it is if you spend money on plat not every one spends plat I sure dont. That's my only point and get off your holy er then tho act. Sorry if I missed any thing only read first few lines of your post think I got your point. We all know sts will do what sts will do.
    Actually... you missed the important part (since you only read the first 2 line)...
    In the past, the mythic helm/armor was best for 3 season straight, and that was terrible for the game, as people who had the set just sit there, picking their nose, Since there's nothing better for them. The value of the drops from elite was crap, since most "rich people" already have the upgraded mythic, which was the best, so not much people were willing to pay high price for elite drops.... you get the story ....

So then that expansion turned out to be pretty dead and lots of people quit, since they already have best gear without having to do anything that season...

Oh and p.s. I think most ppl that crafted glint set are upset cuz sts kept saying guys it will definitely be worth it to craft this set just wait and see. Well problem is every one besides wars still waiting to see what they mentioned by that. It was never the best that's why people are made and then just to spit in there face they come out with abother lvl 46 mythic set with better stats no proc but every one gets. So tell me as a company that lead ppl to believe it would be worth it is it???
    Well... some also did it for the 250 achievement points , now they can be ahead of other people who doesn't have the set in leaderboard.
    I'm sure new comers will probably have to spend more money on the set , since in the future, probably less people will be farming for fangs and then price will go up. And if the new comer wants to compete for LB, they probably will have to spend more than 20m (the amount you claimed) to get the set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    Well... some also did it for the 250 achievement points , now they can be ahead of other people who doesn't have the set in leaderboard.
    I'm sure new comers will probably have to spend more money on the set , since in the future, probably less people will be farming for fangs and then price will go up. And if the new comer wants to compete for LB, they probably will have to spend more than 20m (the amount you claimed) to get the set
    I don't think people who will be crafting glint sets after expansion will pay more. You have to take to account the ten-level jump which would mean that elite garetta maps would be easier to run. Not to mention the number of people that would be running these maps for the kill 500 bosses APs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the changes between bow and daggers, long overdue but we got there in the end, good job sts

Coalhouse

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Increase to 200%, so yes as you mentioned the damage will be double what you currently see.
    Thanks for the clarification.

If bows and guns are to increase basic damage 100%, then the question is this:

Will basic damage with bows and guns exceed skill damage with daggers and staves, against a single target?

If so, then rogue and sorcerer skills and masteries used primarily against bosses and players, will become somewhat redundant as players will often use bow or gun basic attacks instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Change is a must for any game or in real life. But there must some value for the items in a season at least. For example Arcane ring. Yes right time to kill it. I have it with para added couple of months ago. But it's understandable since both are there in game for quite long. In Other Hand there must be some control on item prices not allowing some one selling OP. It's sad to see, people got the items couple of weeks ago and no value for what they spent relatively today. Arcane weapons are released very recent. lvl 31 Arcane maul and lvl 36 staff were used for many years. They are still good at lvl 46 while compare with some lvl 46 mythic weapons. Glintstone gear is real grinding for anyplayer with fangs drops rate low. I spent nearly 10mil and 3 months grinding STS is awesome game developer. So far my responses in past threads were very supportive. My feedback this time is " devalue items process is too fast". I sincerely hope STS will retook into these.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BabVna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Why were some of my posts deleted?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Why were some of my posts deleted?
    forum mod usually make erase but dont write ps why delete posts. and u ask 1 question no time for answer. only if dont like post delete , i c lasttimes in forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Seeing how most of these classes deal twice as much damage as war anyways can we have maul=2 targets 200% damage and sword 8 targets for 75% makes more sense to me that big Ole wars up close with huge weapons would hit more ppl thanks for update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I have a question.... You mention that this will affect weapons released after the expansion... What about lower level weapons released after the expansion? For example, event gear or legendary gear from locked crates? I think it's a bad idea to do this with items at lower levels as it will turn twink PvP upside-down and could have unknown consequences.

I would suggest just having these changes apply to items at level 47 and higher.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Important Note: To preserve previously released content these changes will only be affecting items released as part of the Underhul Expansion. Weapons released before the expansion have not been changed.

Hey Everyone, Vroom here! I wanted to take a moment to talk about some weapon changes you’ll be seeing with the Underhul Expansion. The team at Spacetime has seen heavy favoritism towards certain weapons so we’ve made some changes to give players advantages for various playstyles.

Dagger vs Bow
    Historically bows have been stronger weapons than daggers. With higher damage plus long range, daggers just couldn’t compete with bows. Rogues will begin to see something new with Underhul:

Dagger Changes
    • Daggers now have added armor
    • Skill damage will be higher with a dagger than bow (for weapons of the same level and rarity)

Bow Changes
    • Basic attack damage of bow increased 200% (Will go live with this week’s update)

What does this mean for Rogue Playstyles
    If you choose to use daggers, you will gain some armor and your skills will deal more damage. The trade-off is that you’ll need to stay on top of your enemies to continue using basic attacks.
    If you choose to use a bow you can keep your distance from your enemies but your skills will do less damage. To ensure that daggers don’t just become the most desired weapon, we’ve increased the basic attack damage of bows. The bow attack can still only hit 1 enemy though, which means the weapon that deals the most basic attack damage depends on how many targets you hit.
    Number of Targets Highest Damage Weapon
    1 Bow
    2 Dagger/Bow (equal)
    3 Dagger

Gun vs Staff
    Sorcerers have had a similar issue in the past with guns being the overwhelming weapon of choice. This was due to the same factors of having higher skill damage plus the additional range and kiting that come with a gun. Sorcerer weapons will receive similar treatment to what was mentioned above for Rogues.

Staff Changes
    • Skill damage will be slightly higher with a staff than gun (for weapons of the same level and rarity)
    • Staff maximum targets hit increased to 4 (Will go live with this week’s update)

Gun changes
    • Basic attack damage of gun increased 200%

Sorcerers looking to maximize their AoE damage should look to staffs with higher skill damage and increased damage to mobs, while sorcerers wanting the ability to kite better and to have greater single target damage should use guns.
    Number of Targets Highest Damage Weapon
    1 Gun
    2 Staff/Gun (equal)
    3 Staff
    4 Staff

As always, we will be keeping an eye on how these changes are affecting players and will make adjustments if needed. We hope that this will put players on more even ground when choosing a weapon that fits their play style!

-STSVroom
    i brought glintforged amulet or war and warlord in auction this several days but when i trying to sell it back i have notice that the amulets has been non tradable.. i igues this is a kind of bug..please fix or notify me whats goin on,,thank you
    Last edited by Edric Joseph; 04-01-2016 at 03:43 AM.