Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL Core Combat Analysis

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default AL Core Combat Analysis

Recently, i made a new warrior and went into brackenridge and realized how bad the combat animations are for melee attacks.

Coming from a bow rogue, i havent had much playtime with melee weapons until i recently started using the arcane daggers. (And rogue combat is just as bad as the warrior's)

There is simply no fluidity in the attacks, no combos, nothing that's visually appealing. Im sure a 4 year old swinging a foam sword has more rhythm than a warrior in AL.

Now mind you, ive played numerous rpgs in the past with very fluid animations and stylistic combos that instill a sense of awe and amazement. Some that invokes a feeling of power and grace. AL is simply insipid in this aspect of the game.

What i think AL needs is a whole Combat System revamp. Basic attacks, skills, and everything in between needs to be tweaked in order for me to be able to categorize the game as "hack and slash" that many seem to confuse it as. The current skill mastery system feels like a trash can for us to put extra points in, it's nothing really gamechanging.

This is my analysis and my opinion on the combat system. Feedback is welcome, but please keep it constructive.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post: