Thread: Stim Addiction Cure: Engineer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Default Stim Addiction Cure: Engineer!

Are you a big buff Commando who often finds himself guzzling down the stim juice? Are you a deadly Operative who finds he cannot survive without his expensive stim habit?

No more! Cure the pocket-draining habit! Carry your own, personal, live stim generator!

Yes, that's right! An Engineer!

Keep your health up and your body whole! Suddenly your adventures become a walk in the park. Your enemies barely touch you but you're destroying them!

[Live Engineer required. Take two!]

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

waaah! I wanna solo everything and lock all my games so no engineer can join my totally 1337 Opp!

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Wait i dont get it. I dont have beta but are you saying engineers are stim and power pack generators? Can they make like a group h/s and m/s?
    To view this information you need a Spacetime Studios® Gold™ Account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Survivorfan View Post
    Wait i dont get it. I dont have beta but are you saying engineers are stim and power pack generators? Can they make like a group h/s and m/s?
    Not m/s, but they're great healers.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

well revive still gives 1 m/s and armor! so yes mana too.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

ugh i cant stop my stim addiction! Im a commando and i DONT have a problem. My name is commando freak and my problem is...NUTTIN. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE WITH MY HOARD OF STIM PACKS. I dont want no freaky engineer stalking me while i guzzle down my stims like there is no tomorrow! just leave me alone with my stims and ill be fine! *walks away while eating frozen stims*
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default im a lv

Im a lvl 20 eng. Add sknyandy im always down to help where I can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lots of engineers appearing now, but first few days it was mostly ops and commandos. I might start playing my op again now that there are so many engineers. Without an engineer though, I had to spam health pots like a bird.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

This thread is insulting to Engineers. Seriously. We're not your heal slaves. We help kill too. That is all I wanted to say here.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 07-14-2011 at 01:35 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    This thread is insulting to Engineers. Seriously. We're not your heal slaves. We help kill too. That is all I wanted to say here.
    Haha i remember seeing a thread saying that about mages. Yes they arent slaves but its part of their 'job' to keep the team alive. Just like commandos should tank and operatives should use their skills to dish out damage. I dont think anybody is trying to insult you when posting on this thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I remember that thread. This one is still insulting, though. Engineer leans a heck of a lot more to support than Mages do, so just the way the OP is written is just insulting. Come on, read it again as if you are one. It's a commercial for slavery. Feels like I should be bought and sold just because I main one.

I realize it's meant to be humorous, but come on.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I loved being one of the few Engineers that founded this beta!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I remember that thread. This one is still insulting, though. Engineer leans a heck of a lot more to support than Mages do, so just the way the OP is written is just insulting. Come on, read it again as if you are one. It's a commercial for slavery. Feels like I should be bought and sold just because I main one.

I realize it's meant to be humorous, but come on.
    You sound like you are looking for an excuse to feel insulted. Either that or you're a troll. Way to bring down a happy thread.

Now back to the happiness... Has anyone fully tested Revive? I'm going to test all abilities once my Engineer hits 20. The hidden M/s on revive is seriously amazing. It's very long lasting and helps the group immensely.
    All my posts are automatically +1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derajdefyre View Post
    You sound like you are looking for an excuse to feel insulted. Either that or you're a troll. Way to bring down a happy thread.

Now back to the happiness... Has anyone fully tested Revive? I'm going to test all abilities once my Engineer hits 20. The hidden M/s on revive is seriously amazing. It's very long lasting and helps the group immensely.
    Do you know how much ms it gives per point?

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

hmmmm.... *writes everything down for future possible SL Twink Workshop*.... Go on?
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

To all the happy people:

We love engineers! And I love playing one! I think the DOT and HOT are great ideas. Watching two engineers in an group, you really see the heals work.

Revive is great but yeah, don't know if there's any m/s increase at higher ranks. If it's like PL, then there won't be.

(As for the enslavement issue, I actually think the DOT and HOT thing helps with that quite a bit. The game's still new and I haven't been on as much as I'd like since the Android device I play on isn't mine, but it seems like with the over-time execution, it's less about spamming. I haven't been yelled at or anything. Other thing is that I don't think that's such a big issue even in PL -- it's fun to tease about it, but I haven't been yelled at in PL over mage healing or rez in at least 6 months if not longer. I just don't play with people like that.)

Love the new game. Still lots of stuff I haven't had time for. Hopefully I will when it comes out for iOs, so I can spend all the time IG I want using my own devices!

Star light, star bright...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have no idea unfortunately. I plan on doing a full investigation once I hit 20 including spending some respecs, but I'm pretty sure other people said they tried it and it didn't add more than one. I'm curious though... I also read it gets -5 mana cost per level. The base cost is only 20, so that would mean ranks 1/2/3/4/5/6 are 20/15/10/5/0/?
    All my posts are automatically +1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derajdefyre View Post

How dare you call me a troll! What's there to feel happy about when the opening post is a commercial to buy Engineers? Are you so blind that you don't see it? Read it again. Seriously. I recall saying I realize it's meant to be humorous, but that doesn't stop it from being any less derogatory, reducing players who play the class to something to be bought.

Revive is the same as PL, but people are just now realizing it's usefulness because of SL where m/s is low otherwise.
    Zero, exactly the same as PL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    To all the happy people:

We love engineers! And I love playing one! I think the DOT and HOT are great ideas. Watching two engineers in an group, you really see the heals work.

Revive is great but yeah, don't know if there's any m/s increase at higher ranks. If it's like PL, then there won't be.

(As for the enslavement issue, I actually think the DOT and HOT thing helps with that quite a bit. The game's still new and I haven't been on as much as I'd like since the Android device I play on isn't mine, but it seems like with the over-time execution, it's less about spamming. I haven't been yelled at or anything. Other thing is that I don't think that's such a big issue even in PL -- it's fun to tease about it, but I haven't been yelled at in PL over mage healing or rez in at least 6 months if not longer. I just don't play with people like that.)

Love the new game. Still lots of stuff I haven't had time for. Hopefully I will when it comes out for iOs, so I can spend all the time IG I want using my own devices!
    Res is exactly the same as in PL. Hidden, non stacking, AOE, doesn't show an icon, lasts for about a minute. Gives 1 DPS, 1 armor, and 1 m/s.

I'm enslaved by the game, too. I enjoy it. Let's just all agree that Engineers are people too, ok? The ad in the OP is funny, but is also insulting if you read it with a straight face. Can't believe Dera called me a troll.

Dera save yourself the plat and just trust me when I say that its the same as PL above. People are just now realizing the value of Res because the single points are easy to miss in PL.