Thread: The Engineer's Survival Guide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Corrections:

1. I haven't heard nor seen of Force Shield being a party buff. Did you confuse is with Protection when writing that section? Force Shield provides 2 mana per second, not 1. Unsure if all it's effects last the same time, but I doubt some expire earlier than others.
    2. Empathy actually only heals twice contrary to the description if you look closely at the ticks and I consider it bugged or incorrectly written. There is no third tick.
    3. When used on living party members Res is a non stacking party buff that doesn't improve with rank while you call it a personal buff only.
    4. Weapon damage (Not DPS) affects all skills that deal damage, not just Transference. I have had mixed results so far, but there is a chance that pure heals could also be affected by weapon numbers.
    5. Typos. Thought in Overview should be though. To in description should be too.
    6. What happened to equal treatment? You only have the male player picture. Please be fair, as there actually are real girlz on the interwebz. I personally prefer the girl although I'm not one IRL, but that's another matter.
    7. Would be good to discuss options of Leech versus Transference, and if it's worth having both.
    8. If I was a new player I would enjoy reading the guide writer's recommendations on what skills are worth ranking and which aren't. If you need help I have some ideas. Points are irrelevant. People should make priority judgement calls themselves.

All I got. Good start. Looking forward to contributing and/or correcting later.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 07-13-2011 at 06:27 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice guide. A good starting point for the engineer class. I personally see a lot of PL Enchantress players switching to the Op class for SL.

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    1. I haven't heard nor seen of Force Shield being a party buff. Did you confuse is with Protection when writing that section? Force Shield provides 2 mana per second, not 1. Unsure if all it's effects last the same time, but I doubt some expire earlier than others.
    I agree, Force Shield seems to only effect the caster, not any of the other party members.

What skill build have you guys spec'd in atm?

SL: Horsethemando - 25 | Horsetheneer - 20 | Horsetheop - 20
    PL: Horsethebear - 48 | Horsetheelf - 45 | Horsethebird - 15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Corrections:

2. Empathy actually only heals twice contrary to the description if you look closely at the ticks and I consider it bugged or incorrectly written. There is no third tick.
    3. When used on living party members Res is a non stacking party buff that doesn't improve with rank while you call it a personal buff only.
    4. Weapon damage (Not DPS) affects all skills that deal damage, not just Transference. I have had mixed results so far, but there is a chance that pure heals could also be affected by weapon numbers.
    5. Typos. Thought in Overview should be though. To in description should be too.
    6. What happened to equal treatment? You only have the male player picture. Please be fair, as there actually are real girlz on the interwebz. I personally prefer the girl although I'm not one IRL, but that's another matter.
    7. Would be good to discuss options of Leech versus Transference, and if it's worth having both.
    8. If I was a new player I would enjoy reading the guide writer's recommendations on what skills are worth ranking and which aren't. If you need help I have some ideas. Points are irrelevant. People should make priority judgement calls themselves.

All I got. Good start. Looking forward to contributing and/or correcting later.
    Thanks for all of your help!
    1.Fixed - I did mix the two skills up when writing, thank you for noting.
    2.Fixed
    3.Fixed - I did forget about the party buff *facepalm*
    4.Fixed
    5.Fixed
    6.Will update tonight
    7/8. I will be updating this guide heavily in the near future (I have had midterms all this week so I have been pretty swamped). Both of your suggestions are on the road-map of this guide. Thank you!

Force Shield provides 2 mana per second, not 1.
    Whenever I cast Force Shield I only get 1 M/S extra (putting my total at 2 M/S), which is what I have stated in the guide. If I cast Shield and Revive, I can bump it up to 3 M/S though. Would you mind extrapolating?
    Last edited by noneo; 07-14-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!