Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
I posted my skill setup in my main post. I am not 100% loving it though, and will be doing a respec soon.

As far as yours goes, I do like the very high Empathy and Transference, but honestly, I don't really find it necessary to have them both maxed out. I rarely ever find myself with less than half health (and that is with only using Empathy). I think buffs are far more important though. I use both Force Shield and Protection like they are going out of style . I also have a few points in Wither and Pain, but I am leaning towards the removal of 1 or both of them, the HoT spells seem to do a lot of damage as they are.

That is just my opinion though, if you build works for you, keep it! I'm not trying to tell you it is bad or anything, just expressing my views.

p.s. Thanks for the compliments!
Thanks for your thoughts. I can see lots of different build ideas, especially early on in the game when the max lvl is low and there aren't many points to distribute in skills. I missed this stage of the game in PL, so its interesting to see how ppl decide to spec their engineer. Personally, 6 in Empathy and Transference may not be needed, I just went that way cause they seemed the most useful skill, and I wanted to test them at their max potential. The armour buff is pretty good, however I wasn't completely sold on the Force shield. Only took it up to lvl 2 tho before respec'ing. Leech seems good but as it was a self heal, I decided to put less points in it. My build was basically to assist and heal a party, so I wasn't really worried about pain or wither. Suppression seems useful solo, but didn't like it when in a party. I agree that HoT seems to do enough damage, which was another reason I went for 6 in Transference. Thanks for the feedback. I'm not gonna respec or worry about it too much until release. Keep the updates coming!