Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Engineer's Survival Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have no points in any dmg skills except transference. I find no point. Even that 3 second stun on pain is useless at the moment because there are no bosses hard enough to warrent needing it? If you could use it to stun miner that would be a different story. But you cant. And miner is the only hard boss.

Im really sad, and dont like switching out my skills. With the 1 point i took when reaching 21 i put 1 in force shield, for that between fights regen. other wise i have 6 protection 6 transference and 6 heal (cant remember the name). I really hope we get some useful spells in the last 3 skills...
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    Protection - (Armor Buff)
    Rank 1: 15 energy, 10 second cool-down, and gives a group buff of 10 more armor.
    Rank 2 - 6: For every level past 1, you will increase your armor buff by 10 armor points.

[INDENT]
    This is a definite help to any group that you are playing support role for. At its highest level, Protection offers a 60 point armor buff for all members on a team. THIS SKILL DOES STACK WITH OTHER PLAYERS PROTECTION! That means technically, if you had 5 players that all had lvl 6 protection, you would see a WHOPPING 300 armor boost!
    Might want to also note that Protection lasts a whopping 2 minutes right now. That's longer than the hidden buffs of Revive. Very rarely need to cast it. In fact, I keep it on the second group of skills for that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    Attributes - What do they have to do with me?

Important Attributes

INT - Adds the most Hit%, Dodge (unverified), Damage, DPS, and Mana.
    DEX - Adds the most Crit.

Non-Important Attributes

STR - Adds the most Health and Armor

Strength is practically useless due to the massive armor buffs you can cast, and our wide array of healing spells.
    Are you sure about this section? I just did some respecing, and it looks to me like STR gives the most Hit%, Dodge%, Health and Armor. It was tied with Int for Crit%. Int only gave more Damage (DPS) and Mana. DEX did not do anything better than STR, but I am lvl 13 and it might at later lvls.

EDIT: I am now lvl 17 and have Transferrence. It might be worth mentioning that this skill, while technically a DOT, finishes very quickly and is almost always useful. It applies an instant burst of AOE damage when cast, then one more burst of AOE damage about a second later. The second burst heals people around the enemies.

Also, for Wither and Leech, these skills do no damage on application. Instead, there is about a 2 second delay when you cast them. After the first two seconds, Wither applies 4 times 2 seconds apart (10 seconds total). Leech applies 2 times two seconds apart, each application healing the caster for the same amount (6 seconds total).

Great guide!
    Last edited by kamikazees; 08-05-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it would be a good idea to add what level you unlock specific skills at.
    Pocket Legends Warrior: Manbearzombie || Mage: Zombiemagik || Archer: Undeadeyes
    Star Legends Commando: Biggun || Operative: Deadeye || Engineer: Manbearzombie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breadkeeper View Post
    I have no points in any dmg skills except transference. I find no point. Even that 3 second stun on pain is useless at the moment because there are no bosses hard enough to warrent needing it? If you could use it to stun miner that would be a different story. But you cant. And miner is the only hard boss.

Im really sad, and dont like switching out my skills. With the 1 point i took when reaching 21 i put 1 in force shield, for that between fights regen. other wise i have 6 protection 6 transference and 6 heal (cant remember the name). I really hope we get some useful spells in the last 3 skills...
    That 1 point in pain is very useful if you solo. Try running bug bug blast solo without pain... Otherwise you are spot on. I tried 3 in force shield, but it is a waste in points to go past 1.

Currently I have 6 protection, 6 empathy, 5 transferrence, 1 force shield, 1 pain, and 1 resurrect.
    Last edited by Raulur; 08-08-2011 at 04:46 AM.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Heres my two cents, Im ghost and I have 4 eng alts, the best combo for me is...
    from left to right.
    1 wither, 2 leech, 2 empathy, 1 revive, 6 force shield, 0 suppression, 1 protection, 3 transference, (4 pain, lv 21, if not 21 use 3)

bottom to top
    -row 1 mapping are-
    force shield
    pain
    transference
    empathy

-row 2-
    wither
    leech
    protection
    revive

So yea, works well solo or team
    Last edited by octavos; 08-08-2011 at 03:13 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I read all ...it was great! But one tiny fix: Dex gives also DPS and Hit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Currently im at lvl 20 and the best build seems to be: Empathy-6, Revive-1, Protection-6, Transference-6. This build seems to work well for teams but not solo because all buffs are party buffs
    Last edited by Osehal; 08-08-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I don't believe different ranks of Protection stacking is a bug. You NEED the armor in this game, as players have less starting stats than PL. It could be an oversight, but seriously I believe it is needed because although everything has less health, including players, in PL terms everything is doing more damage than PL. You need every advantage you can get.
    The stacking must be a bug. It doesn't make any sense as far as game design to stack only differing levels.
    The original intent would have to be one of these two:
    (1) Only the highest level should take hold.
    (2) All protection buffs should stick regardless of level.

It may be a low enough bug priority that it remains in the game for a long time. In that case, there would be a big outcry from the community that got used to the buff stacking. (although, the devs tend to not care about public outcry. eg. GCD in PL) Also, sometimes a bug becomes a feature if the result is interesting enough that the devs decide it doesn't cause any harm and its kind of cool.

I think it will get fixed to not stack, and maybe they will give us free re-specs for a week so we stop complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great guide. I have 1 rev, 6 empathy, 6 transference, but not sure what else I should spend my other 6. Tried pain. Not impressed. Maybe if it didnt have a delay to explode it would be better. Protection didnt seem to notice much dmg reduction. It is nice when two people klin group have it though. Force shield doesnt hold up so well in fight but added ms could be good. Im thinking maybe supression? Any ideas what last 6 could be best spent. I do like to solo and group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Great guide. Need to update now with the Wither and Leech damage descriptions. Does the latest update make Wither relevant again?

- Genesis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only class I like is the engineer so im making 3 or 4 of them so I dont have to keep spending plat to see what is best as new content comes. Its a great class because the skills are interchangable for a new way of survival. They did this class right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    1 wither, 2 leech, 2 empathy, 1 revive, 6 force shield, 0 suppression, 1 protection, 3 transference, (4 pain, lv 21, if not 21 use 3)
    This is a very interesting build, but I'm curious. Wither and Leech are both reduced by armor, so don't you find that your ticks of damage are about 3 a piece in Delta 7? That's what I was finding when I tested those. Also, do you think your lvl 6 force shield can take more damage than when it was lvl 1 (some say it does)? Finally, can you tell that the lvl 1 protection makes any difference?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb:375330
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I don't believe different ranks of Protection stacking is a bug. You NEED the armor in this game, as players have less starting stats than PL. It could be an oversight, but seriously I believe it is needed because although everything has less health, including players, in PL terms everything is doing more damage than PL. You need every advantage you can get.
    The stacking must be a bug. It doesn't make any sense as far as game design to stack only differing levels.
    The original intent would have to be one of these two:
    (1) Only the highest level should take hold.
    (2) All protection buffs should stick regardless of level.

It may be a low enough bug priority that it remains in the game for a long time. In that case, there would be a big outcry from the community that got used to the buff stacking. (although, the devs tend to not care about public outcry. eg. GCD in PL) Also, sometimes a bug becomes a feature if the result is interesting enough that the devs decide it doesn't cause any harm and its kind of cool.

I think it will get fixed to not stack, and maybe they will give us free re-specs for a week so we stop complaining.
    Be happy. The Devs agree with you. The game just became 3x harder at the content level. 1x Commando and 2x Engineers (21, 21, and 20 respectively) used to be able to clear the first spawn in Big Bug Blast and now they can't. Not without deaths or a lot of pot spam anyway.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-11-2011 at 07:08 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wow, I need to update this bad! Sorry about the lack there of updates, I was on my honeymooned which followed my wedding and crazy wedding planning. But now I am available again to start updating the OP.

Planning on adding:

New skill builds with the skill updates
    Combo "how-to's"
    Fixing skill descriptions
    Changing the "play style" with the removal of the protection stack
    Once I hit 25/26, I will offer my skill build, specs, attribute delegation, and gear I use.
    And any changes you fellow community members have pointed out.

Expect a large update in a day or two.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I updated the main post with minor tweaks throughout and updated the skill descriptions. I am missing a few portions of them, but will add them when I level up my alt account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Wicked... Just come back to SL since the iOS release and was finding my Engineer playing a bit ineffective, so came back to read this and found it very useful. Exactly what I was looking for.

Is there any chance you could add what level the various skills become active/available from?

Will let you know how I get on, going to test out whether to max force shield or not.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My personal opinion is that force shield is a waste now. If you use it in a fight at high levels, it is gone the first hit. Good luck getting teamates to wait for you to use it between fights. If you want power regen, just get the implant. Plus you always have the res buff.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    Is there any chance you could add what level the various skills become active/available from?
    Yes that is on the top of my list once I hit 26. I have to level an alt and record when I gain each new skill (as I forgot already what they were *facepalm*). Also, I will be constructing a list of how to delegate skill points as you level. I.e. when you hit level 5 what point to put where, at lvl 6, etc. (keep in mind, this will only be for my particular build since there are many variations).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here's something I would like to see added; at what level are each one of these skill achieved. For a new player they might find that imformation keen. Fantastic guide btw. Thanks
    Last edited by Apostar; 08-28-2011 at 11:50 PM.
    Revox Archer 74 Apocaalyse Mage 71 Archerblue Pure Archer Level 62 Bblink Pure Mage Level 62 Cressybear Attack/Tank level 71 Revox Operative 46 Blinc Engineer 46 Cressy 46 Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ok, I threw on what level each skill was unlocked at. Please let me know if I put the wrong level down for any of them.