Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Engineer's Survival Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey noneo, heres some stuff for your next update. Sorry about bad formatting I'm posting from mobile app

Wither-1) 1-2 2)2-5 +1-+3 3)4-8 +2-+3 rank 4-6 is +2-+2 each

Leech- 1) 1-2 2)2-5 +1-+2 3)4-10 +2-+5 rank 4-5) +2-+4 each rank 6)10-20 or +2-+6 from rank 5

Transference- no numbers here! Steady +1-+2 increase in damage and +2-+2 increase in health from 2-10 base

Pain- 1)2-8 2)4-10 +2-+2 3) 4-12 +0-+2 4)4-15 +0-+3 5)5-17 +1-+2 6)5-20 +0-+3 note one pain: explosion dmg does not increase this is only initial impact damage.

Supression(no damage just an interesting point) this skill maxes at +5 enemies stunned at rank 4. At rank 5 you will stun for 8 seconds and at ranks 6 you will stun within 8 meters of target(base 6) I only added this cause I was checking it anyway.

Sonic Boom steady +2-+4 from base 2-10

Hope this is what you were looking for and hope it helps. Also I didn't mess with any non damage abilities( except suppression)
    Last edited by GigaBits; 09-10-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    You may call me bits or giga...just don't call me at dinner time
    Gigabits-engineer(main)-Bitsoarmor-commando-bitsopain-operative-Bitsohelp-engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's the best engineer weapon at 26?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Dord View Post
    What's the best engineer weapon at 26?
    For normal enemies, probably Salvage Claws. For minibosses and bosses, probably the lvl 25 rifles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Well, the rifles boost your skills better than claws do. So, my vote would go for the repulsor rifles regardles of enemies. Although, you are correct in that claws probably do inflict more damage over time to tiny creatures, but that is without skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hullukko View Post
    Well, the rifles boost your skills better than claws do. So, my vote would go for the repulsor rifles regardles of enemies. Although, you are correct in that claws probably do inflict more damage over time to tiny creatures, but that is without skills.
    After reading the posts about this, I went and bought one of the 25 Plat rifles. It definitely increased my healing but I also got aggro from the Vular and ended up dying in a Guardian run with no tank. It was my own fault for not realizing I had the Vular's aggro until too late but be aware if you trade your DPS gloves for a rifle.
    Infinite Union Officer:
    Firoth, engineer. Firothi, operative. Firothon, commando.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyache View Post
    After reading the posts about this, I went and bought one of the 25 Plat rifles. It definitely increased my healing but I also got aggro from the Vular and ended up dying in a Guardian run with no tank. It was my own fault for not realizing I had the Vular's aggro until too late but be aware if you trade your DPS gloves for a rifle.
    You'll draw plenty of aggro with 6transferance, 6empathy, 6leech and 5wither with a repulsor. Good for your team if you can take it, not so good if you can't.

Vulars are not really a problem. Use pain on them and move about cleverly. Hit empathy before they jump at you so that you start getting healing ticks during their rather strong initial assault. Reserve transferance for a more immediate health boost when needed. Once you get the hold of it's stun cycle with pain the team will grind it to pieces in no time. Moving and pain are the key elements there.

Guardian is a different matter. Unless there are good commandos available (in recent times they've been a rere commodity iun), or I screw up, I tank him the entire time. But to do that the sunwalkers doesn't cut it, not without potting. You're gonna need the plat armor, too. It gives you plenty of dodge, which will come in handy. I walk past him and zap pain, empathy, transferance and leech to get his attention and then walk to the edge making sure that battle takes place in the far end next to the cliff. His initial assault, before the team gets into full swing, can be a bit harsh, so a pot or two of the red kind might be needed there no matter how you time you skills, but after that it's just a matter of hitting the transferance, leech and pain properly when needed so that the health never dips too low, while pounding wither and pain as much as possible. As a rookie I jammed every skill whenever they cooled out, but that doesn't work against the guardian. He hits too hard and too seldom. You need to reserve the trasnferance and sometimes pain, too, to toe-to-toe him without potting health. (and for the record, since his attack is this strange directed blast, it's also a good idea to tank him next to wall so that you don't fly back, and away from your team mates so that they don't take the same damage)

The choice of implant for the guardian is not trivial. Outside of guardian I tend to use the mana regen implant to save mana pots, unless the team is short of people/skill/damage, in which case I switch to damage implant and pot my mana. But at guardian the mana regen doesn't cut it. I maintain my mana level nicely with that and rev, but the shortage in healing power of empathy, transferance and leech I feel I need to pot more health. With the damage implant I run out of mana pretty quickly and have to pot that. Recently I've always switched to damage implant for the guardian.

Other more experienced engineers might have corrections and ideas that I wouldn't mind hearing.
    Last edited by Hullukko; 09-14-2011 at 07:18 AM. Reason: typos and corrections

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Good info on this. Is an implant at level at 20 advisible? I find myself potting and dying more at the Guardian. So I'm curious about this one
    Revox Archer 74 Apocaalyse Mage 71 Archerblue Pure Archer Level 62 Bblink Pure Mage Level 62 Cressybear Attack/Tank level 71 Revox Operative 46 Blinc Engineer 46 Cressy 46 Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apostar View Post
    Good info on this. Is an implant at level at 20 advisible? I find myself potting and dying more at the Guardian. So I'm curious about this one
    None of the lv20 implants will help with survivability.

Implants

The dodge implant at 25 will, though. It gives you a 5% chance of negating damage. That's better than armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

GigaBits - Thanks a ton! That all really helps.

I cant update my OP at the moment because it puts me over the limit on how many characters a post can contain (I really dropped the ball not reserving a second post). So, I PMed Sam about it, and want to see if he can do anything. if not, I will have to purge some of the post to make things fit.

IB hit the nail on the head with regards to implants. Currently, all but the Dodge implant are pretty much a waste of money.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I added in gigabits descriptions to the main post.

Also, if anyone has information on lvl 30 play styles, skills, drops, anyting really. It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

My compendium has all level 30 epic armors and all platinum epics. Feel free to copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thank you IB, I have update the OP to include the Top Engineer gear. Still waiting on more information about pinks though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello to the Engie Forum,
    I am new to Star Legends and have several questions pertaining to the Engineer class. First, I understand that I don't need stimpacks from the ESG (Engineer's Survival Guide) but....here's my question. How do I get them when I have none? Can I buy them individually from the store? In
    the store I only see "packs" of 25, etc. Another question is, I seem to be getting alot of gear that I can't use...lvl 10, operative helmets and
    shoes....how can I acquire gear to equip that I can actually use WITHOUT platinum? Platinum, to me, is the bane of Star Legends...it's expensive and prevents you from really enjoying the game because all the best gear is Platinum Only.....Aaargh! Last question is this......How do I find friends or a guild to play with in the game? Would like to support a really good guild or party but I seem to just randomly be in parties that go to the same level I do. Thanks alot for any answers you can give. Look forward to playing with you all! Don't forget to ADD me as a friend, I'm "junglewbey" in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jungel_wbey View Post
    Hello to the Engie Forum,
    I am new to Star Legends and have several questions pertaining to the Engineer class. First, I understand that I don't need stimpacks from the ESG (Engineer's Survival Guide) but....here's my question. How do I get them when I have none? Can I buy them individually from the store? In
    the store I only see "packs" of 25, etc. Another question is, I seem to be getting alot of gear that I can't use...lvl 10, operative helmets and
    shoes....how can I acquire gear to equip that I can actually use WITHOUT platinum? Platinum, to me, is the bane of Star Legends...it's expensive and prevents you from really enjoying the game because all the best gear is Platinum Only.....Aaargh! Last question is this......How do I find friends or a guild to play with in the game? Would like to support a really good guild or party but I seem to just randomly be in parties that go to the same level I do. Thanks alot for any answers you can give. Look forward to playing with you all! Don't forget to ADD me as a friend, I'm "junglewbey" in the game.
    Welcome to the forums. I've got some answers for you

- Stimpacks can be purchased in the UCS Blackstar with credits alone. There's a vendor between Cycorp Industries HQ and the Trade & Storage.
    - Drops are random. You class items drop along with the others. There isn't a way to select just your class of items.
    - You find friends and guilds by being around town and talking to people or by playing the levels and meeting new players.

Hopefully this is helpful to you.
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm curious as to where Lulu have allocated. Your new stats with the update on the level cap. I changed to your lol 3.0 build after I ran with you a while ago and have since reached level 28. At 27 I had leeched maxed. Currently I put that one leftover skill point in the new ability decay and want to see what you did with yours. Can't wait to read it.
    Owner of the darkavenger franchise.

Check all my characters out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    I added in gigabits descriptions to the main post.

Also, if anyone has information on lvl 30 play styles, skills, drops, anyting really. It would be greatly appreciated!
    I have updated my build to lvl 30, feel free to take whatever you want/need/useful from there http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-PEACE-build!

Peacemaster 30 engi/Slavery 26 com/Skecor 25 OP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

12,000 views and I'm the first one to thank you ><

Great work, any thoughts of getting this to lvl. 30-31?

SL -> Lvl. 40 Engi. - TOFASTFORYOU
    DL -> Lvl. 18 Vamp. - Sillynoob
    -> HTC EVO 3D & Google Chrome BETA 20.0.1069.1 m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hey everyone, I am deeply sorry for not updating this for so long. I have been in a long string of real-life craziness with School, work, my new business, wife, etc. I will try and do an overhaul in the next coming days. Please be patient!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Awesome guide! You just inspired me to make my own Engineer called 'Einstein' lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Diodge View Post
    I think these are wrong ....(my Opinion) Sorry I quick skimmed it. I will read deep into it friday night. I love hotel life. LOL

•Not a great solo class...... This is wrong. Im working on delta 3 now solo. I just soloed 95% of 20 to 21.(Im clearing zones. Not just a few front mobs). Then almost everytime I clear a zone. I walk out with 25/25 potions. I always go into a zone solo with 1 power pack.
    ----------------------------------

•Engineers are NOT good at crowd control....... --- This depends on how your team plays(most groups dont need cc).
    --------------------------------------

•If you are planning on doing more solo-farming in the game, then you should put some points into DEX to raise your crit a slight bit, but if you are a team player, just put everything into INT.

You dont need dex to solo.
    I agree, but....this is what I would prefer:
    You should max out revive. It's a very important skill. Plus, it minimizes out complaints about "engineers going out of heal range". By maxing out revive and heal, that is how I earned my well known reputation as one of the best healers. As of wither and pain, add five points to pain since it is one of the two stuns you have. Ignore wither, its not one of the best, most enemies do not seem affected by it. Max out suppresion, too. It increases how many enemies get stunned. Very useful in every single map. And sonic boom? Add only one point to it, its very important because its one of the group attacks. And decay? Add four points. Of course, max out force shield and transference. Protection and Leech are especially useless. Protection doesn't give you protection. Also, its seems as if force shield is like that too, but you will notice that your life isn't going down if you use it. For a while only though.
    All those I used and earned my rep as a good fighter and healer in town. I hope you become one too. I hope everyone will find it useful.
    Thanks.
    ~Racosai
    Last edited by Racosai; 05-27-2012 at 09:16 AM.