Thread: Munch Mouth and other pet discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Munch Mouth and other pet discussion

So since the wiki doesn't have much info on new pets, I'm curious to what they do.

Is munch mouth good (PvE purposes) compared to Nekro or SnS? Assuming money is no object.

Never owned SnS or Munch, but I have three characters with nekro. For warrior what's the best pve pet now adays?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

I own all 3 pets and what I found is this. Nekro is an all out defensive pet but makes up for it by having the highest area attack on passive. Unfortunately, I've had bosses one shot crit through the shield and killed me before. SNS is the ultimate all out damage and survive mob pet. If there's more than one of these in a party, prepare for fastest healing and highest wide area attack. Unfortunately it leaves you wide open to one shots not only from bosses but mobs as well. Also, when pet is in cool down, you will find it hard to survive unless you're a mage with shield or a tank. The pools also go all over the place. Best used when there's a nekro in party for protection as a rogue.

Munch mouth at first I didn't think much of him, but I think I underestimated this pet. Never mind all the things it can do, nekro and sns does those better. It's actually the crit nerf that you're after. With the armor bonus and passive armor added in, even when a boss red zones me and I'm inside, AA doesn't allow the boss to crit and I actually survive! I'm finding that this is the best pet for survival when you get to time the AA. It's like you get to constantly use a chest splitter on a boss and it lasts for a few seconds even without a warrior!

As a warrior, depends if you want to full tank and protect your team. MM is a good option that many have underestimated it. If I didn't have any Arcane pet, get nekro as its the cheapest and overall the best and most balanced pet. If you can afford either SNS or a MM, I personally would get SNS on a tank for max out damage. You are able to shield team and CS/Axe to anti crit. If I were a mage SNS as well since shielding can protect from one hits. As a rogue, with a team of players running with nekros, I still find MM keeps me alive better than SNS.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 04-09-2016 at 10:32 AM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    I own all 3 pets and what I found is this. Nekro is an all put defensive pet buy makes up for it by having the highest area attack on passive. Unfortunately, I've had bosses one shot crit through the shield and killed me before. SNS is the ultimate all put damage and survive mob pet. If there's more than one of these in a party, prepare for fastest healing and highest wide area attack. Unfortunately it leaves you wide open to one shots not from bosses and when pet is in cool down, you will find it hard to survive. The pools also go all over the place. Best used when there's a nekro in party for protection.

Munch mouth at first I didn't think much of him, but I think I underestimated this pet. Never mind all the things it can do, nekro and sns does those better. It's actually the crit nerf that you're after. With the armor bonus and passive armor added in, even when a boss red zones me and I'm inside, AA doesn't allow the boss to crit and I actually survive! I'm finding that this is the best pet for survival when you get to time the AA. It's like you get to constantly use a chest splitter on a boss and it lasts for a few seconds even without a warrior!

As a warrior, depends if you want to full tank and protect your team. MM is a good option that many have underestimated it. If I didn't have any Arcane pet, get nekro as its the cheapest overall the best. If you can afford either SNS or a MM, I personally would get SNS on a tank for max out damage. You are able to shield team and CS/Axe to anti crit. If I were a mage SNS as well since shielding can protect from one hits. As a rogue, with a team of players running with nekros, I still find MM keeps me alive better than SNS.
    The most useful thing about SNS is also that as your character level increases, it only gets stronger! Right now, the pools are doing 500 damage a tick which is awesome!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow I wasn't expecting such a thorough reply. Thanks this really helped me! I'm going to go for SnS whenever someone sells one reasonably.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The most useful thing about SNS is also that as your character level increases, it only gets stronger! Right now, the pools are doing 500 damage a tick which is awesome!
    Yes! If SNS pools end up going where you want them to go, it's actually pretty awesome! It can take care of bigger mobs kind of like toor and let you pot your way to survive. I currently rotate between SNS and MM depending on the team. Different pve situations call upon these pets. If there isn't a nekro in the party, I nekro the heck up as well! GG samael although his banish is % is the highest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So MM is good for a tank but not for rogue or mage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZuMaWhe3LzZ View Post
    So MM is good for a tank but not for rogue or mage?
    Depends on what u want. If you want all out damage, nothing beats SNS. If you want good damage and not die as a rogue, MM can accomplish this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Depends on what u want. If you want all out damage, nothing beats SNS. If you want good damage and not die as a rogue, MM can accomplish this.
    Dead rogues have a bad habit of doing no damage at all
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Dead rogues have a bad habit of doing no damage at all
    Very true! I tested MM in arena and no red zone by any boss can one shot me anymore with the AA timed. Nekro provided a momentary survival, but MM lasts much longer xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Very true! I tested MM in arena and no red zone by any boss can one shot me anymore with the AA timed. Nekro provided a momentary survival, but MM lasts much longer xD
    Yeah I think the feeble is something people don't realize the value of. I am still levelling but so far am quite pleased with this pet. Also, the fact it is not owned by everyone in town means that you don't have to worry about timing against other players (the thing that annoys me no end with Necro). I think it'll probably end up being one of those underrated secrets of the stable.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: