Thread: Would like to see this change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Would like to see this change

After experiencing the new map, my excitement died down again. Same ol' complete the map and get over with it style, no sense of achievement, no thrill when running.

Proposal - Third difficulty (1 tier higher than elite)

Dont get me wrong, the difficulty doesnt lie in higher mobs damage/hp, they can be:

-all 3 or 4 maps combined into 1

-higher mob density

-players need to fulfill certain requirement to unlock the boss instead of killing certain number of mobs (solving puzzles, collecting items etc.)
    [which can be randomly switched like the obstacles in arena and often requires 1 player of each class to complete]

-though these maps can be hard to complete, there can be side bosses which players kill to receive a buff throughout the time in map

-by killing all the main bosses will unlock a final boss

-killing the final boss will be no easy task, in between the process of killing the boss, one or two of the players need to maintain the stability of the map by going to certain spots to clear certain obstacles while others focus on the boss

- failure clear the obstacle, the map collapse and you fail the map thus teleported back to town or boss regains certain hp or buffed

-upon killing the final boss, high amount of gold and xp (e.g. 100k gold, 2k xp) and also possible drop of high tier items will be rewarded

Purpose of the map

-more interesting gameplay also suitable for people who doesnt have time to farm all day

IK this point is contradictory to the nature of the map since running the map requires around 1-2 hrs but it is really not hard to fork out 2 hrs of your time a day if you are really into the game because you will fully maximise that 2 hrs of gameplay instead of wasting time in town chatting. players can earn a stable 100k gold income a day by spending 2 hrs on something that keeps your mind going instead of doing something repetitive like km3 all day and eventually getting bored.

-introducing the demand for each class

-team bonding

-keeps your mind working

-botters free

Clarifications
    1)Items
    The drops as i say, might contain a high tier gear, by that i mean of arcane level, this will spark many arguments and laments, so i believe i need to clarify.

Usually the oppositions are the pvp players, pve players are pretty happy to have arcane level items available for everyone as long as the prices are fair. So I propose that these final bosses drops pve related high tier items, like a debuff on mobs or certain boss or a 20% crit buff or 2k hp buff only in pve maps etc. (Just an example)

whereas pvp gears can still drop from locks and other means like cryo tokens or whatever you call that

2)Difficulty
    I must emphasise again, that the difficulty doesnt lie in how easy we die in the map. it is what tasks we need to carry out in the map that really matters. dealing with obstacles/timings/team communication.

What is the main implication? : Completing the map doesnt rely on just the team's stats and pets, it mainly tests the team's skill and experience. maybe sts can make it so that certain pet excel in completing certain obstacles more than others, this way we can utilise some of the pets that have been phased out in the past

this is all i have for now, will update on this thread if you guys add on any ideas or possible errors and hopefully sts can consider it, ty
    Last edited by Potato is me; 04-08-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I like the idea! It sounds fun and adds depth to just the "hack and slash" type of gaming that we currently have. Pve-oriented players will totally dig this. I can just imagine the clamor for smart tanks and mages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post: