Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: State of the game: two questions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I also wanted to add another new thing in the game:

* New skills: Come on STG, I know I'm not the only player who want new skills. Example:

. Earthquake's skill of warr: Up stones from the ground and opens fissures causing - 3% mana and - 0.2% damage for enemies for 5 seconds and stun pets for 2 seconds.
    . Tsunami's skill of mage: A powerful water bomb explodes cleaning all bad buffs in team and causing weakness of armor , slowness and damaging enemy players on impact.
    . Fury arrow's skill of Rogue: Massive arrows are invoked from the sky falling down quickly affecting multiple enemies causing 10% decrease in critical and applying a purple poison aura.
    Last edited by Hercules; 04-11-2016 at 11:18 AM.

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Justg, there are tons of great ideas coming out everyday! There are tons of ideas that keep coming back every month, every year. How about you make a wall in the HQ, take all the suggestions you find here AND in the suggestion sections and stick them. Think about new type of combat strategies, new type of maps.

1. Insert new loot in Elite maps and mini games (like planar arena). The major problem with expansion is that everyone has to move on to the next area and the old ones lose all their value. You have a lot of maps you could reuse.

2. New type of pet (with a totally new kind of AA (other then attacking, buffs and shields). I suggested AAs where the pet could have effect on the environment or the enemy's sight/screen. This could add a new type of combat where players are playing with mother nature.

Qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm... I am testing my new keyboard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Thank you for making this thread gary, it shows you guys are open for ideas

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    1 Scale old elites
    2 improved loot

(We can farm coins which is a crafty idea, make the coins availible to use for anything, i.e., consumables, keys, make gold pay out for bosses large, or increase the amount the map's chest drop. Make bronze/silvers drop from mobs. Looting 25k from a bronze heretic chest was quite a suprise!!)

Love the new maps!
    Yeah, definitely scale some of those old elites/arena, especially those that contain the nekro parchment pieces, for instance.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

ok.... ok, my last idea:

* New XP Quest: Since Nord, we don't have more XP quest, I believe it's time to add a new daily quest ONLY for who reach lvl 46. Maybe kill 50 or 100 normal bosses of tindirin, rengol and Glinstone and receive a award of 500 or 1.000 XP.

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

1) Make all leaderboards seasonal.

2) Add proper loot (eggs of usable pets, gear that is not lower in stats than that which we used in the previous season) to maps to make playing the game worthwhile and fun. Nobody likes running for nothing. Scaling the old elites along with this loot model would give people variety and options in how they wish to play the game, and would return interest to many of us who no longer see a point in logging in.

Also please stop making the best weapons crate-only. The best part of the early seasons was being able to farm and sell elite legendary items - especially weapons. With all this new "craft only" armour and "crate only" weapons, there's no farming to make money anymore. It's farm forever and hope you get enough drops to craft what you want before the season ends. Not fun.
    Last edited by Serancha; 04-11-2016 at 11:46 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

1.Improve some of the skill masteries. (I'm looking at you Lifegiver mastery). For the masteries with procs, how about when the skills charge up, they provide 2x chance to proc and doubles the effects of the proc.

2.An item that can be bought with platinum,but can be tradeable and listed in auction, that can be used to improve the chance of receiving an arcane or mythic for 1 reroll. Up to 3 can be stcked per chest. If it is a chest that only provides 2 or 1 chest at once, only 2 or 1 elixirs will be used for that chest.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 04-11-2016 at 11:52 AM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    1.Slow down on the release of arcane pets, mythic/arcane weapons, and mythic armor.... Christ, it's like they are coming out every week (technically, not literally)........ It's really a bummer when you put in the type of grind required to acquire sets like the glintstone set only for it to start off being kinda useless and then become a thing of the of the past almost instantaneously..... Those glintstone sets should definitely have lasted through the rest of this year and should be much better in terms of stats....

2.Although other may have already mentioned this, "WE NEED MORE LOOT TO HUNT".... The constant release of new maps and elites with nothing to farm there puts us in a situation where people run them when they first come out to get the APs and then run them here and there just to complete daily quests, then, those maps become desolate ghostlands.......
    MC, help me understand. 1) We are releasing arcane pets/ weapons/ armor too fast but 2) You need more loot to hunt. Can you elaborate?

Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

First off, thank you for making this thread and asking for our suggestions to be collected in one place. It's always great to see that you actually take the time to listen to us. As for your questions, like many before me already said:

1. Better inventory management. I've been playing AL for many years now, but clearing my inventory has not become any less tedious. Especially now with the new cap - it was almost more effort to clean my inventory after all the tomb runs than the leveling itself. Make all identical items stack (like energy kits or jewels) and make it possible to delete multiple items at once. That sould make playing the game significantly more convenient and fun.

2. I can only repeat what's already been said by almost everyone here for this point: More and better loot. I'm really hoping the crate keys will be obtainable through elite maps and I'd also like to see some exciting loot, like fossil and the planar pendant recipe were back when the planar arena was introduced.

Also, I would like an option to turn off the alert for "1 of your friends is online".

That's all from me and thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

1 fix the bugs in the content that's out before you even consider adding more

2 cake vendor

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks,

There have been a lot of insightful threads recently about the current state of AL. In an attempt to consolidate thoughts, I have two questions for you:

1) If you could change one thing about AL, what would it be?

2) If you could have one new thing in the game (systems, content, loot, etc.) what would it be?

Please keep it brief, and try to give only two answers

We're listening, thanks you!

- g
    1: make items we can liquidate for high amounts of gold(similar to WoW where you can sell bind on equipt items to vendors for straight gold).
    2: Better ways to make gold, only thing to really make gold is farming teeth(kinda useless now) arena for fosil/vial(again, kinda useless considering nekro is super cheap now) opening locks, which is great but not everyone can afford plat, and if people don't have gold they can't afford the new crate keys. and merching, which not everyone can do without gold! Also, actually listen to players, because there have been some really great suggestions in the past "cough, giving lb players plat banner from underhul event " cough" and many more great ideas, which were just completely ignored.

Hey justg, did you see my message I sent you about a question I needed answered? Support hasn't emailed me back and it's been 2 weeks. Thanks!
    Last edited by lucaskane2480; 04-11-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

1) I would change new pvp maps and modes

2) the best gear farmable in elites and also craft able just like in pocket legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    MC, help me understand. 1) We are releasing arcane pets/ weapons/ armor too fast but 2) You need more loot to hunt. Can you elaborate?

Thanks!
    Well, back in the day when the mythics and acranes lived up to their value there was more playability because you had something to work towards, nowadays the mythics and arcanes are coming at us so fast and in such great numbers that they aren't really holding any type of value thus making them very easy to obtain which leads to less playability... Because once you get em, what next? There is no real effort in obtaining mythics and arcanes these days..... And for the LOOT in maps, back in the days when we had to put in more work to acquire mythic and arcane items, we still had many other non mythic and non arcane items to farm in maps (like planar rods, firequids, etc.) that were still valuable.

Sorry about the lack of elaboration the first time but, your post said to keep it brief so I did not want to overload you

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

1. Skill system - more diversity and classes/archetypes.
    2. More farming opportunities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

1) Class Balance
    Right now, tanks are the class to be with very little compromise. Secondly, sorcerers crit quite hard, especially with the improved guns. However, rogues get their damage nerfed in PvP and now armor as well. Essentially, this means a rogue gets farmed in PvP no matter how gear or skilled they are. It's one of the things that's made me take a step back from PvP until it gets balanced. Changes to a class should also be looked at how it affects PvP balance. Rogues didn't need a nerf, but got one in PvP on top of the already damage crushing nerf they have.

2) Gear Progression
    Gear needs to be better. As of right now, that just isn't happening so there's no reason to move on from old gear. This includes the following: planar pendant, arcane ring, glintstone set. STG should keep in mind a lot of these gears have very powerful discontinued gems in them. So, the upgrade to newer gear cannot be a compromise but must be outright better so that people actually upgrade. It's a simple fix, but will really help players out when STG does this.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-11-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    1) Class Balance
    Right now, tanks are the class to be with very little compromise. Secondly, sorcerers crit quite hard, especially with the improved guns. However, rogues get their damage nerfed in PvP and now armor as well. Essentially, this means a rogue gets farmed in PvP no matter how gear or skilled they are. It's one of the things that's made me take a step back from PvP until it gets balanced.

2) Gear Progression
    Gear needs to be better. As of right now, that just isn't happening so there's no reason to move on from old gear. This includes the following: planar pendant, arcane ring, glintstone set. STG should keep in mind a lot of these gears have very powerful discontinued gems in them. So, the upgrade to newer gear cannot be a compromise but must be outright better so that people actually upgrade.
    Regarding gear progression, people either complain that their hard farmed gear aren't worth it anymore... or the new gear isn't worth it. So what's worth it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Seasonal Lb reset :-i think we all need seasonal Lb reset for so every player have fair chanced on making up to lb for pve /pvp kills , ctf captures and so on

New pvp maps and map for guild clashes :-we all are waiting for new pvp maps and maps for guild wars that will push pvp up

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by punter; 04-11-2016 at 12:21 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to punter For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    1) Class Balance
    Right now, tanks are the class to be with very little compromise. Secondly, sorcerers crit quite hard, especially with the improved guns. However, rogues get their damage nerfed in PvP and now armor as well. Essentially, this means a rogue gets farmed in PvP no matter how gear or skilled they are. It's one of the things that's made me take a step back from PvP until it gets balanced.

2) Gear Progression
    Gear needs to be better. As of right now, that just isn't happening so there's no reason to move on from old gear. This includes the following: planar pendant, arcane ring, glintstone set. STG should keep in mind a lot of these gears have very powerful discontinued gems in them. So, the upgrade to newer gear cannot be a compromise but must be outright better so that people actually upgrade.
    +1000 on Gear Progression

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Regarding gear progression, people either complain that their hard farmed gear aren't worth it anymore... or the new gear isn't worth it. So what's worth it?
    New gear needs to be better, it's a players problem on how to obtain it. I too earned the glintstone set but it was my choice and you definitely will not see me shed tears when it becomes out dated.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

1) Platinum exclusivity. I get it. It's how the company makes money. However, what isn't fine is how the best gears come exclusively (or essentially exclusively, with odds like 1/1,000,000 in a non-platinum chest) from platinum spending. Sure, non plat users can farm gold and buy the items from the people who did spend platinum, but at the end of the day, the best gears have, and likely will continue to come from locked crates exclusively. There should be more competitive gears available purely through farming. It's an MMO. People who play MMOs either do PvP or they want to farm. Let us do both.

2) Scaled up all elite maps to current level cap (and scaled up loot along with it). As eluded to in part 1, and mentioned by many other people over the game's history, there simply is nothing worth farming. For a player who wants to enjoy an MMO, getting loot is one of the things that makes that happen - we all wanna make money! If we had level 56 legendary gears, mythic gears, or even arcane gears, that dropped from old elite bosses that were scaled up, I bet we would see many more maps being run instead of the same old Kracken mines 3 over and over again for a measly 5k gold from selling a locked crate.

For something that would be relatively easy to implement, makes a lot of sense, especially with the new tier of jewels out and people STILL finding it difficult to farm the jewels, and would increase player participation: add jewels to elite planar arena chests. Previously we had reinforced gems that came out of the chests at a chance. Why not reintroduce that to the elite planar arena chests, but in the form of its equivalent jewel, with the same chance as the reinforced gems had? I bet players would love doing arena if they had a chance at standard mind, finesse or fury jewel from each run! (I also suggest the arena gets scaled up as well, but that's a different topic all together)
    Last edited by DarrenPR; 04-11-2016 at 12:44 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post: