Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Client Bug: Level 4 character not being offered Premium Upgrade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default New Client Bug: Level 4 character not being offered Premium Upgrade

I have an existing level 4 bank mule Enchantress character, and loged in to her to check what's in the new PL Premium Pack we should now be able to buy up to (And including?) level 5. She's not being offered it when she should be eligible for it. Looks like a bug. Please don't tell me this is meant for only new characters created after the Pack goes up? I'm keeping some of my SL characters at 4 just to get this pack in SL later when it gets this same upgrade whenever I can afford it.

Also one of the Enchantress packs is Dex instead of Int. Saw it will be fixed, but just confirming.

Updated from Market, My Touch 4g, Android 2.2.1

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

edit: scrap that... I misunderstood your question

Can't help you with this though :/
    Last edited by JaytB; 07-16-2011 at 01:11 PM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I heard there were a lot of issues with that lvlonewarrior seems like he didnt deleted his and has one
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Seriously no reply from staff? Please, I would like to charge plat for the first time in the near future and get the upgrade for my mule to give her more inventory space and selling slots at a discount. Any ETA on it working for existing characters? Hope the SL version of this is bug free....

If even an existing level 1 is unable to get this, it's definitely broken.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Bronislav84,

Are you using the Android client? Is it the latest, version 1.7.2.5?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Yes sir, and yes sir. It's the one with the new gold letters app icon.

Do I need to reinstall fresh instead of updating? Please don't make me do that. You lose the Quick Chats it you do that because they're not stored on the server. Options settings too. I will if I have to, of course.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 07-18-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Are you talking about like in SL, when you start a new character and you get the option to buy a Premium character? That's not available for PL. (Yet?)

I also checked this out by deleting and restarting a character and also logging into my level 1's and there was no "Purchase a Premium Pack" option.

OTOH, if you look in the Plat Store (it doesn't matter the level of the character you use to look in the store), under Items, you'll see premium packs for, I think, it's level 5, level 10 and level 15. I think you have to scroll a bit and it's not in New Items (should be here) or in Deals. It's in Items or was the last time I looked. I might get a level 5 one. Not decided yet. I think these are strictly equips, BTW.

And I'm on iPad.

Star light, star bright...

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,896 Posts

If you have the 1.7.2.5 client (check in the lower left on the account screen), your active character is level 1-4, and that character has not already purchased the premium character pack, the option should be visible as a blinking helmet just to the left of 'change character' on the screen that has 'enter world' and 'log out' on it. The 1.7.2.5 update should be available in all the usual places.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Guess it's not avail for iOs users. I have version 1.7.2(58748.58344.64371). No additional updates when I log in. No other Pocket Legends in the App Store.

When I log in my level 1 that has not previously purchased the premium pack and I'm on the "CHANGE CHARACTER" screen, I don't see any blinking helmets or anything and no options for premium character. I'll try it on a newly created character later, but I doubt anything has changed between when I last was trying to find this "Premium" character thing and now.

Maybe we have to wait for next iOs version for us iOs people? Or do I need to delete and re-install?

Same PL version on iPod Touch, diff account. Level 2 character. Same result.

(Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread. I'll start a new thread if I have to.)
    Last edited by Fyrce; 07-18-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Thank you Futumsh! I see it now. Didn't think to look there before. I see what you guys did now. Instead of bothering people every time they login to a low level character (Some have very low level twinks, and some have a mule like me), you add an unintrusive button next to Change Character which people can select for the upgrade. Clever.

May I please make a suggestion though? I think there should be like a sign above this button with an arrow pointing to it or something else to make the player notice it better (Below the character's foot, and over to the left of the screen). Still wouldn't be intrusive, but would make the button easier to notice. Also I notice it's 15 plat more than SL. May I please ask why the prices are different between the two games? The items you get look otherwise identical. Also is this the same way the SL client will implement buying the pack after level 1?

Also I was wondering something. The patch note says up to level 5. It doesn't include level 5 right? 4 and below only? I wasn't sure so I kept my other two SL characters at level 4. If that's the case I might have to remake my SL mule later, who I leveled to 5 to use the stash. Would it be possible to make it available to 5 and below instead of 4 and below? Generally that's what people assume up to means, and it's confusing otherwise. Like if I have a coupon good up to tomorrow, tomorrow is the last day instead of today.

Fyrce it's fine man. This is related. I think what happened is they didn't wait for Apple to approve it yet and Android users got the 1.7.2.5 earlier than Apple users. I'm thinking the Apple version will probably either not get this option until the client with the new level cap, or will have to wait. Doubt STS wants to wait a week for this client we on Android just got, then another week for the level cap upgrade.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 07-18-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Guess it's not avail for iOs users. I have version 1.7.2(58748.58344.64371). No additional updates when I log in. No other Pocket Legends in the App Store.

When I log in my level 1 that has not previously purchased the premium pack and I'm on the "CHANGE CHARACTER" screen, I don't see any blinking helmets or anything and no options for premium character. I'll try it on a newly created character later, but I doubt anything has changed between when I last was trying to find this "Premium" character thing and now.

Maybe we have to wait for next iOs version for us iOs people? Or do I need to delete and re-install?

Same PL version on iPod Touch, diff account. Level 2 character. Same result.

(Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread. I'll start a new thread if I have to.)
    It's only for Android. iOS users have to wait for the next client update.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!