Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: With regards to the rogue armor nerf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan View Post
    I never offended anyone or disrespected anyone on this forum. shame on you
    Your posts are offending my brain, Learn your class before getting into an argument about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

the game is ruined from time to time
    Hachinichi is dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    They don't dodge 3/4 of auto attack. Go and test with some hard numbers and video proof please. I know because I've already tested this. You'll find that it's much less than that figure you're claiming.

1. No, they don't. Any decent warrior is always full str. The best warriors are full str. If you aren't, it's because you don't have the max gear. Balance starts from maxed gear, not mid level.

2. Rogues also need str for HP if not maxed. Especially now due to the fact enchanted eyes no longer work.

3. Yes, so you're just proving my point that you don't need to spec int as a warrior.

4. 10 seconds is not enough? That's plenty of time to proc back to back while another proc is already active. Most other procs only last 1-2 seconds.

5. NP.
    1. Yes they do. To max out HP they spend points on Passive dex 5/5 int 5/5 and str 5/5.
    2. If rogue need more hp then spend points on str
    3. No i'm not. Int point is needed for warriors who are not using VB. Thats why there are using points in passive int. Most pvp builds for warriors are axe , ss, Jugg, heal. They'll run out mana after a barrage of attacks.
    4. I'm not the one designed the weapons. Its devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

1. Yes they do. To max out HP they spend points on Passive dex 5/5 int 5/5 and str 5/5.
    3. No i'm not. Int point is needed for warriors who are not using VB. Thats why there are using points in passive int. Most pvp builds for warriors are axe , ss, Jugg, heal. They'll run out mana after a barrage of attacks.
    3. You are using the wrong build, Or you just lack experience in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Pls return the armor of the rogue..
    Rogues at endgame ( PvP ) is so easy to kill nah , the 2secs immunity+ arcane shield masteries + nekro shield from Mage to fight rogues is enough to kill 2-3 rogues at the same time lol cause I alrdy tried it even tho they use razor shield it is not enough :/.
    in some situations like a 1v1 between rogues and warriors , Rogues can do some heavy combos but still not enough , it can only give a "threat" but since warriors have a lot of buffs + the OP pet AA's like sns , it deals too much damage....
    Considering you can use NATURE Gems for your HP or DIAMOND Gems for it armor. for ex . : Noble nature + Noble DIAMOND + Noble finesse Gems , but how about the budget nah ? Since rogues are HEAVY USER OF Pots...
    And you know some rogues are not RICH and their Items / equipment cost 2x more .
    Mages and warriors also have problems to deal with but ROGUES problem are too much.
    Mana/ Hp / Armor ????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

1. Every class does this, it's nothing new. It's bonus points - it's not something that one needs to make a compromise for like rogues having to compromise their jewels by having to insert ones that give HP or Mana. Warriors do not have to make this sacrifice.
    2. Again, warriors do not have to make this sacrifice.
    3. No, int is not needed if you're maxed out. Passive int is a given, your build should have room for it.

Cd of jugg is long. its 45 sec. May be the tanks at twinks level hit hard but not the tanks at the end game
    Tanks at end game can wipe 3 people at a time, what do you mean that tanks do not hit hard?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

That 75% is not to show as facts or display. what i meant is rogues dodges 3/4 or most of the auto attacks of pet misses and of player in addition rogues have to be closer to tanks to get hit from autos
    i think you dont know nothing about class. and how it works sory but check all what you say first. And spek here true only dnt spam only for spam because you think somethink and you onlh read somethings or hear somethings.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to uehi For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

So I was a 46 war and i actually enjoyed when tanks were using Bulwark and Aegis because clashes there depends on the team and teamwork but now once tanks got their sword there is no need for teamwork no need for Jugg and Horn sync either you just rush the enemy DPS and she will eventually die before your juggernaut runs out, i agree with armor back but it's better to wait for 56 gear to find out maybe rogues does not need armor at 56 since new gear might be OP for them? Just wait for 56
    Warriors does high damage now and they are not suppose to deal that damage
    Warriors do not need either int or dex in their stats because passive -gears and pet provides them with it and unlike rogues they have a skill that regens mana also Sky smash has a chance to refill the cost of mana it did.
    Last edited by intrepd; 04-16-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

1. Every class does this, it's nothing new. It's bonus points - it's not something that one needs to make a compromise for like rogues having to compromise their jewels by having to insert ones that give HP or Mana. Warriors do not have to make this sacrifice.
    3. No, int is not needed if you're maxed out. Passive int is a given, your build should have room for it.

Tanks at end game can wipe 3 people at a time, what do you mean that tanks do not hit hard?

It's the sword that's making tanks strong. The sword is lvl 46 and we're now 56 cap. New items are certainly coming to replace these.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Binlaggin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Binlaggin View Post
    It's the sword that's making tanks strong. The sword is lvl 46 and we're now 56 cap. New items are certainly coming to replace these.
    Maul was strong for multiple seasons. A sword that can stun and do insane amounts of damage per tick will not be replaced by stats alone. Additionally, one must also consider that when it does get replaced, there will be something even more powerful than that sword. Imagine that...if you think the lava sword is bad, how OP must be the thing that replaces it?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Seeing as how ive shown this change had nothing to do with balance, my theory and a theory i know others share is that this nerf was for the sake of $$$$. Dont u find it rather convenient that just as rogue armor gets nerfed, a new pet that only drops in locks which are opened with plat, bought with $$$$, is released with more armor than any other pet, 228. Isnt it interesting that sts then announces a new mythic weapon with a proc that gives 75% dmg reduction(but then makes u completely useless since u cant use any skills, cant even heal myself and the point of a rogue is to do dmg with skills like wtf). Seems like they are unjustly nerfing rogues and providing 1 subpar alternative that rogues have to pay for with $$$$ or someone else spends the money and rogues spend the gold to still end up weaker than before and have to give up the 40% dmg reduction of nekro.
    If there is anything I hate MOST about the rogue nerf, it's this. The timing could not have been better. This may have been a long-winded post, but you make good, solid points. This is not someone who is just randomly crying about his class. He has laid down facts and evidence.

I will say it again. Why nerf rogue armor and release a new arcane pet that ADDS ARMOR at the same time? This isn't about class balance anymore, it's hardcore marketing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I think sts made a mistake to reduce all rogues armor by 20% in arlor, i think they only should reduce lvl 46 and above armor it would be better. Sts should not touch the twink stat anymore.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fredystern For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    I think sts made a mistake to reduce all rogues armor by 20% in arlor, i think they only should reduce lvl 46 and above armor it would be better. Sts should not touch the twink stat anymore.
    This is a big issue sts has when they apply balance changes. Blanket nerfs/buffs across all lvls is not how to create balance. One word needs to be the driving point behind all future balance changes.

SCALING

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

If balance is defined as no single class observing gross strength over another, then I believe sts has a drawing board to go back to. This is especially evident at twink pvp levels. Yes, pvp is where all of these supposed "necessary changes" are felt the most. Now, that isn't to say that rogues being fed upon by the stun happy mobs of new and the red zone spewing bosses goes unnoticed, but in pve you can pot to your hearts content and eat all the ankhs (convenient, no?) necessary to finish runs timely and effectively. Tanks can horn, granting a few seconds of no damage. Mages, same with heal. Rogues get a damage and armor debuff.

I've done endgame pvp and that already has been a clown fiesta of one shot kills by dps upon others; tanks are loling away as they chop their sword around creating pools of destruction. But I'm not versed enough there to make hard statements like zues and others. This tank vs rogue clusterffff will never die and there will always be arguments. Threads like this will most assuredly always devolve into flames. I just want the company that created this game we play to try and find a solution other than this uniform nerf across the board. Maybe endgame rogues needed this armor debuff. Twinks certainly didn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkied View Post
    If balance is defined as no single class observing gross strength over another, then I believe sts has a drawing board to go back to. This is especially evident at twink pvp levels. Yes, pvp is where all of these supposed "necessary changes" are felt the most. Now, that isn't to say that rogues being fed upon by the stun happy mobs of new and the red zone spewing bosses goes unnoticed, but in pve you can pot to your hearts content and eat all the ankhs (convenient, no?) necessary to finish runs timely and effectively. Tanks can horn, granting a few seconds of no damage. Mages, same with heal. Rogues get a damage and armor debuff.

I've done endgame pvp and that already has been a clown fiesta of one shot kills by dps upon others; tanks are loling away as they chop their sword around creating pools of destruction. But I'm not versed enough there to make hard statements like zues and others. This tank vs rogue clusterffff will never die and there will always be arguments. Threads like this will most assuredly always devolve into flames. I just want the company that created this game we play to try and find a solution other than this uniform nerf across the board. Maybe endgame rogues needed this armor debuff. Twinks certainly didn't.
    Well said, not to say that endgame isnt still in need of further balancing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    Even rogue armor at end game is too weak - have you played in an end game clash? Rogues are pure food, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    3. You are using the wrong build, Or you just lack experience in PvP.
    I never said i'm using that build but most tanks use that build. I use AXE, VB, JUGG, HEAL. And i don't lack PVP experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

1. Yup. so they do spec points on int and dex might and its its not new
    2. They have to if they choose between high hp or armor.( the fury jewel or diamond jewel). Tanks use a combination of jewels.
    3. we make choices like high strength,high armor, high hp. To obtain this stats we have to give up points one somewhere else and have to use combination of jewels.Fury, nature, diamond

Rogues hit harder. They 1 combo mages, tanks and other rogues. Tanks hit way low compared to rogues.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to supersyan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Even rogue armor at end game is too weak - have you played in an end game clash? Rogues are pure food, lol.
    Mage armor is the weak. Mages are food

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

1. Yup. so they do spec points on int and dex might and its its not new
    2. They have to if they choose between high hp or armor.( the fury jewel or diamond jewel). Tanks use a combination of jewels.
    3. we make choices like high strength,high armor, high hp. To obtain this stats we have to give up points one somewhere else and have to use combination of jewels.Fury, nature, diamond

Rogues hit harder. They 1 combo mages, tanks and other rogues. Tanks hit way low compared to rogues.
    2&3. You can use base armors with jewel combinations, A simple build that works for you is fine. Every class has to deal with a tradeoff. You trade armor in compensation for STR and DMG, whilst you can simply change the gears and not to forget you can remove jewels so getting the right ratio or going narrow is key.

As Z has already stated, Endgame tanks (W/ Experience) can knock out 3 people at most (even in clash) specifically due to the new dragon hunter sword. Where exactly is the low damage when warriors lava pool the whole map?