Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why we do not like the lvl56 cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Question Why we do not like the lvl56 cap

Sorry, I'm making it very general in the title, because I'm pointing the cap as a problem.... but it's true because a lot of things that came with that cap and pre-cap is problematic. It's a little hilarious but... StS wanted to put bugs in the new expansion (beetles), and so we got bugs (deary island, xp glitch ashral heart, xp glitch rockhorn, xp glitch leet ashral heart, and so on...) This is not the subject of the thread anyways.

The sad truth is that we're getting 10 level increase. This means that we get to have 50 more base points, 10 more skill points, but we also get to scale maps to lvl56... I am still using my lvl46 gear because I can't afford the lvl51 gear sold by the vendor for glinstone coins and I'm not going to farm over 2000 coins to get all of them, so StS releases new gear the week after I purchase them. Yes, I know we could send a ticket to supports and they can help me get a compensation for my loss, but I don't want to have to request support's help everytime. I don't want to spam supports for them to reply after a month. Support is flooded everyday, they have enough. I prefer keeping supports for bug reports, scam reports, "important stuff".

So I am actually stuck with lvl46 gear, scaling maps to lvl56. Does it mean I should have stayed lvl46? I don't need the masteries, I never needed them before this update. I don't need the extra base points if I lose 2/5 of them in my Rendtail ring. Yes we do get some new gear that are a little stronger and the different proc just gives another type of use to the gear. Its doesn't make it much better for the time I am asked to spend on it.

Regarding the new Arlorian Egg-Shell Band, why isn't it scaled like the arcane deary ring? Why isn't it scaled right? You made it harder to obtain one by reducing the drop rates of eggs. It isn't that hard: use the same program as the deary ring and scale it like the last year's rings. We clearly made it obvious that we obviously want a crystal clear level fifty six ring of arlorians found in an egg. Isn't it the Arlorian ring? Who's the arlorian here? It's us, but that's not what we want.

THIS is what we mean by gear progression.

Advice:
    To all players who didn't cap yet, do NOTT! Go up to level 51 MAX, or stay at the level you are, don't use any experience enhancers, keep your XP off. Don't play with capped players, lvl52+ is just going to make life harder for you. You want to farm elites at lvl51 with lvl51/46 gear better then farm lvl56 scaled elites with lvl46 gear. You get to keep your arcane ring because the debuff is less important, you get to keep your lvl46 mythics and your planar pendant is still good enough at lvl51. The monsters aren't over powering you at lvl51, they are scaled to you.

To the StS Team: Justg made a mega thread asking the whole community what they want. You have a lot of material, you have a lot of unused features, you have a lot of players, you have a lot of imagination. Regarding gear progression, I understand that you guys made the new gear not that advanced for people to keep their old hard worked gear, BUT in my honest opinion, the game has always been the way it has been: an expansion means "let's move on to the next chapter of the story". The whole community had enough time to farm and use the gear. They came late, then it's their problem. We're not going to wait for them to grind and use the gear long enough to be happy. At the same time, I think that you should release new gear that's not that different from the old gear (And here we're talking about gear of the SAME LEVEL). IMO, the idea of releasing new gear every 3 months is nice but don't abuse the use of locked crates. make them farmable, reduce the price of elixirs, release new mini games, new mini maps, give a use to all the maps you have. the gear in locked crates should be good, but the best gear should always come from elites, like the dark crystal/imbued gem, like the locked watch crate legendaries VS Elite Tindirin legendaries, like the Nekro recipe quests (the arcane parchements), like the rendtail ring (elites have more chances at tooth), like the planar pendant dropping from elite bosses in planar arena, like the jewels that we farm from endgame maps (but we always get cracked or damaged ones everywhere :/ ).

This is what I think the average decent player needs. It's not what we want, it's what we need. Nobody wants to farm, nobody wants to pay. Everybody wants free and easily obtaineable gear (and we all got free mythic gear ). Be a player, spend time in game, spend money to support, don't care about gambling because you know the money will go for the development of the game you play.... well I hope. I really hope, the whole community is supporting the last lines because this is what is supposed to happen in a perfect world. We just want to trust StS. We want StS to create that perfect world.

Ideas to spot farming BOTS: Monitor groups of players that always player together, in the same area. Monitor players that play always play alone in the same area. Anything that is repetitive has to be monitored at least once in it's life. Send a forced PM for the suspected player(s) to reply (forced like the revive buttons: you can't do anything before choosing one of the three options), obviously the whole games get's paused so nobody dies in the process. If it takes more then a minute for the whole team to reply, you found bots. If the whole team replies within the second the message is sent, they all are bots. Bots are programs, you can easily fool them. Kick out a player for 15min after being online for over 6hours, and don't allow them back unless they completely reboot the game. Show a warning 15 minutes before kickout. Use captcha's in game. There are tons of ideas out there. Bots aren't new in this world, they exist since the beginning of MMO's invention and there are tons of ways to find them.

Right now, the priority is the community who wants to do something out of their playing time. Then you'll have enough time for bots.

@Justg: I didn't reply in the thread you made because the thread is already over populated with thoughts and ideas.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Can't read all of this too tired, but buy the lvl 51 legendary set man, its better than nothing and its somewhat more useful. Tbh I was hopping to cap to farm lvl 56 gear and skip that mythic crap, but the mythic crap is indeed crap, the lvl 51 set is better and the weapons in there suck comparing to the arcs that came out a few months late, but I am indeed dissapointed. Especially with the lvl 51 rings ("-" wth is that? Maybe I want it to farm and not have my stats go down like a lepre. But ugh yes this expansion came out wayyyy too early, it would have been nice if it didn't so I didn't waste my time farming exp.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Agreed, totally agreed, dragoon is more then right, I'm 52 atm and not gonna level up at all.
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Intous For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Herbert View Post
    Can't read all of this too tired, but buy the lvl 51 legendary set man, its better than nothing and its somewhat more useful. Tbh I was hopping to cap to farm lvl 56 gear and skip that mythic crap, but the mythic crap is indeed crap, the lvl 51 set is better and the weapons in there suck comparing to the arcs that came out a few months late, but I am indeed dissapointed. Especially with the lvl 51 rings ("-" wth is that? Maybe I want it to farm and not have my stats go down like a lepre. But ugh yes this expansion came out wayyyy too early, it would have been nice if it didn't so I didn't waste my time farming exp.

I'm not telling people to not buy the lvl51 gear. I'm saying that we should not cap because lvl52+ is not worth it. Get the new gear, cheers! but I'm personally not, because the stats aren't very interesting to my eyes. We do have a gear progression problem, we had enough complains regarding that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

No reason to level quickly, but also no reason to be so depressed. L56 is fine, even w existing gear. Check new gear, upgrade your jewels. Have fun and dont stress so much.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    I'm not telling people to not buy the lvl51 gear. I'm saying that we should not cap because lvl52+ is not worth it. Get the new gear, cheers! but I'm personally not, because the stats aren't very interesting to my eyes. We do have a gear progression problem, we had enough complains regarding that.
    True its stupid as hell why does it scale to our lvl when the only good lvl 56 is the plat gear in the store. Like they are forcing us to spend money. and the 900 token crap is also indeed crap ("-" I like the idea but its wayyyy to hard to not succumb to boredom and not do it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Herbert View Post
    True its stupid as hell why does it scale to our lvl when the only good lvl 56 is the plat gear in the store. Like they are forcing us to spend money. and the 900 token crap is also indeed crap ("-" I like the idea but its wayyyy to hard to not succumb to boredom and not do it

It's not crap, the proc is insane, just check out Avaree's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    No reason to level quickly, but also no reason to be so depressed. L56 is fine, even w existing gear. Check new gear, upgrade your jewels. Have fun and dont stress so much.
    No, it's actually harder, because I am using underleveled gear against monsters with 5 to 10 levels stronger. 5 to 10 levels is a lot. The game is just harder for nothing...NO! It's harder for the 85K xp I grind last week? Isn't it supposed to be easier since i'm "stronger"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Won't even aim for them until I get motivated and that's till after the event xD remind me then, and yes it is hard just realllllly stupid design in my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Nope, I did not notice it was harder. Not for my L56 rogue nor for my L51 mage. Seems similar to when I unlocked the whole zone on all my L46s, some w no rendtail. I am not sure what you think is hard. The bosses seem easier with more experience. Though right now, I, doing eggs, so Im out of underhul for a bit.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

This happens when things do not plan well, STS cared so much for launching the expansion, nerf this or that and not think about the progress of gear and so much moreee highly necessary. I'm a 56 bored and waiting updates that revive the flame of arcane legend and I encourage to farm.

- While I have a little hope...

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

too much to read

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Nope, I did not notice it was harder. Not for my L56 rogue nor for my L51 mage. Seems similar to when I unlocked the whole zone on all my L46s, some w no rendtail. I am not sure what you think is hard. The bosses seem easier with more experience. Though right now, I, doing eggs, so Im out of underhul for a bit.
    Play as a lvl49 rogue with lvl46 gear in a team with one capped player who has lvl46 gear, tell me how easy you'll feel. Tell me how easy it is going to be in elites

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Games are not suppose to get easier the stronger you get.what's the fun in that?seems like a lot of people are disappointed because the character they had previously was more powerful then the new potential character they could have (56).Along with its "harder".yes this sucks in any game.you want the best for your character as far as ease of gaining xp,loot,kdr.See how quick you give up on a game when it's a cake walk at end game.New Gen gamers will cry in floods over "a games to hard,blah blah blah".

What's the point of playing if you cannot even be patient with the development team.you do understand they cannot please us all.I hope you do understand how hard it is to come up with "balanced" gear that will be pleasing.Along with the demand for new pets, vanities and events.

Honestly how much to you expect from these guys?

Contrary to belief these guys are not robots and I'm sure they ALL have lives (I'm guessing 10x more busy than any of us playing THEIR game.)

I see the case of a whole lot of spoiled/impatient gamers in my honest opinion.

Be patient,maybe just maybe we will get some cool stuff.cry when you don't get precisely what they thought they were going to get (a lot of your sorrow ect is in your dome,your doing this to yourselves)cry when nothing new is coming out,cry when this isn't right or that isn't right.just a bunch of complainers,honestly.I'm sure that makes sts really want to help us out more when all everyone does is complain.

Read some of these posts,seems people are angry about purchase decisions,amount of time they realized they spent playing on the new expansion already,not much for new items.

I will only agree on the need for more items but I know they are coming.Unlike the vast majority of people I see here and in game,I can wait.

Or would you rather they just release a bunch of gear totally unrefined?

Then when yall forget about this you can go back to class imbalance,then back to cry.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye229 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

"Everyone want free stuff and easy "
    "Make us work, spend time and cash"

Amen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

then dont do elites at the moment problem fix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

What if I told you that I love this cap :O
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Sorry, I'm making it very general in the title, because I'm pointing the cap as a problem.... but it's true because a lot of things that came with that cap and pre-cap is problematic. It's a little hilarious but... StS wanted to put bugs in the new expansion (beetles), and so we got bugs (deary island, xp glitch ashral heart, xp glitch rockhorn, xp glitch leet ashral heart, and so on...) This is not the subject of the thread anyways.

The sad truth is that we're getting 10 level increase. This means that we get to have 50 more base points, 10 more skill points, but we also get to scale maps to lvl56... I am still using my lvl46 gear because I can't afford the lvl51 gear sold by the vendor for glinstone coins and I'm not going to farm over 2000 coins to get all of them, so StS releases new gear the week after I purchase them. Yes, I know we could send a ticket to supports and they can help me get a compensation for my loss, but I don't want to have to request support's help everytime. I don't want to spam supports for them to reply after a month. Support is flooded everyday, they have enough. I prefer keeping supports for bug reports, scam reports, "important stuff".

So I am actually stuck with lvl46 gear, scaling maps to lvl56. Does it mean I should have stayed lvl46? I don't need the masteries, I never needed them before this update. I don't need the extra base points if I lose 2/5 of them in my Rendtail ring. Yes we do get some new gear that are a little stronger and the different proc just gives another type of use to the gear. Its doesn't make it much better for the time I am asked to spend on it.

Regarding the new Arlorian Egg-Shell Band, why isn't it scaled like the arcane deary ring? Why isn't it scaled right? You made it harder to obtain one by reducing the drop rates of eggs. It isn't that hard: use the same program as the deary ring and scale it like the last year's rings. We clearly made it obvious that we obviously want a crystal clear level fifty six ring of arlorians found in an egg. Isn't it the Arlorian ring? Who's the arlorian here? It's us, but that's not what we want.

THIS is what we mean by gear progression.

Advice:
    To all players who didn't cap yet, do NOTT! Go up to level 51 MAX, or stay at the level you are, don't use any experience enhancers, keep your XP off. Don't play with capped players, lvl52+ is just going to make life harder for you. You want to farm elites at lvl51 with lvl51/46 gear better then farm lvl56 scaled elites with lvl46 gear. You get to keep your arcane ring because the debuff is less important, you get to keep your lvl46 mythics and your planar pendant is still good enough at lvl51. The monsters aren't over powering you at lvl51, they are scaled to you.

To the StS Team: Justg made a mega thread asking the whole community what they want. You have a lot of material, you have a lot of unused features, you have a lot of players, you have a lot of imagination. Regarding gear progression, I understand that you guys made the new gear not that advanced for people to keep their old hard worked gear, BUT in my honest opinion, the game has always been the way it has been: an expansion means "let's move on to the next chapter of the story". The whole community had enough time to farm and use the gear. They came late, then it's their problem. We're not going to wait for them to grind and use the gear long enough to be happy. At the same time, I think that you should release new gear that's not that different from the old gear (And here we're talking about gear of the SAME LEVEL). IMO, the idea of releasing new gear every 3 months is nice but don't abuse the use of locked crates. make them farmable, reduce the price of elixirs, release new mini games, new mini maps, give a use to all the maps you have. the gear in locked crates should be good, but the best gear should always come from elites, like the dark crystal/imbued gem, like the locked watch crate legendaries VS Elite Tindirin legendaries, like the Nekro recipe quests (the arcane parchements), like the rendtail ring (elites have more chances at tooth), like the planar pendant dropping from elite bosses in planar arena, like the jewels that we farm from endgame maps (but we always get cracked or damaged ones everywhere :/ ).

This is what I think the average decent player needs. It's not what we want, it's what we need. Nobody wants to farm, nobody wants to pay. Everybody wants free and easily obtaineable gear (and we all got free mythic gear ). Be a player, spend time in game, spend money to support, don't care about gambling because you know the money will go for the development of the game you play.... well I hope. I really hope, the whole community is supporting the last lines because this is what is supposed to happen in a perfect world. We just want to trust StS. We want StS to create that perfect world.

Ideas to spot farming BOTS: Monitor groups of players that always player together, in the same area. Monitor players that play always play alone in the same area. Anything that is repetitive has to be monitored at least once in it's life. Send a forced PM for the suspected player(s) to reply (forced like the revive buttons: you can't do anything before choosing one of the three options), obviously the whole games get's paused so nobody dies in the process. If it takes more then a minute for the whole team to reply, you found bots. If the whole team replies within the second the message is sent, they all are bots. Bots are programs, you can easily fool them. Kick out a player for 15min after being online for over 6hours, and don't allow them back unless they completely reboot the game. Show a warning 15 minutes before kickout. Use captcha's in game. There are tons of ideas out there. Bots aren't new in this world, they exist since the beginning of MMO's invention and there are tons of ways to find them.

Right now, the priority is the community who wants to do something out of their playing time. Then you'll have enough time for bots.

@Justg: I didn't reply in the thread you made because the thread is already over populated with thoughts and ideas.
    If they are afk??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    If they are afk??
    Afk is not repetitive activity. Afk is inactivity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    What if I told you that I love this cap :O
    What if I told you that I love you :O

Jk

I like the new cap too, it's just that many people are hiting a wall right now, and nothing is helping.

The new maps are insane, the new masteries is awesome too. It takes time to develop, but there is nowhere to use them, there is nothing to do with them but PvP or improve my ways of farming the few farmable things. I was given a new tool to use but no job. See?

The new maps have new gear, people farm them and sell them. There isn't much stuff revolutionary in there. People are waiting for elite maps, people want to farm in different places. I am fed up of WT4, I am fed up of KT4, I don't understand people who try to make money out of locked cryostar crates in KM3.

I started playing planar Arena. It's fun! It's nice to play with different people I meet. Some of them ask me if I am the guy from forums xD (Hi everyone). Arena is getting overly farmed right now, soon the value if its drop will reach the floor like all the other farmable stuff in all the elites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Are you serious? People actually go to support for refunds if they buy stuff before new gear is released? And support allows that? The point of a game is to always have new stuff to work for so you can progress. The biggest issue recently is the lack of better gear being released. Maybe if people didn't go complaining every time the developers actually made something that's decent, we could have some progress.

I'm having trouble understanding this thread. It sounds like the OP is saying he's annoyed because there's no 56 gear yet, but he also says he couldn't afford it if there was. I don't see anything STS could do to resolve this other than...giving people free level 56 gear? Oh wait, that would mean to more "I'm bored" threads.

I agree that there's a lot of things wrong with this game, things that have been building over the last couple of years, but when "we" talk about gear progression, most people are talking about the actual seasonal game gear that people get by farming the campaign maps - not vanity rings obtained in one-week events. The problem is much larger than the stats of a single event item.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: