Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Anti-Scam System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default The Anti-Scam System

Just a disclaimer,seems like it belongs in the suggestions section of the forums,I wanted to put this in the general discussion section so that people can discuss how scamming can be fixed.

Even though there is a confirmation system when trading,people are still getting scammed no matter what. One of the more notorious methods being the Leprechaun Pendant and Lunar Pendant trick. How about to prevent this from happening,add a system where the traders have the option for imputing what they are asking for into the trade.These items can easily be searched up to make it more convenient. The "asked" items are required fields that the other person needs to meet. If the requirements aren't met,the confirmation immediately gets cancelled.This can also possibly be used to negate the Leprechaun-Lunar pendants trick. Also,if no required fields are submitted,then trading will go as normally. Do you guys think this is a good idea? How would you fix scamming?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

The trade window really needs a overhaul badly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

What would be better is making the lunar pendant a legendary but seeing as it did earn its spot, make the lepre legendary or arcane, your idea seems brilliant but a bit tedious for sts even tho they could prevent scams

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Or, when something is replaced, just add a highlight over the new item.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Leprechaun-Lunar, I see a big difference between names dude. If a player is "scammed" is his fault.

Enviado desde mi B1-730 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Emilio View Post
    Leprechaun-Lunar, I see a big difference between names dude. If a player is "scammed" is his fault.

Enviado desde mi B1-730 mediante Tapatalk
    It isn't the names themselves that isn't the problem. It is the trick people do with them to scam people. This trick cancels out the ability to view and make sure that the items desired are submitted after the 2 players push confirm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    It isn't the names themselves that isn't the problem. It is the trick people do with them to scam people. This trick cancels out the ability to make sure and confirm that everything is right.
    He had to change the lepre for the lunar, u have time for see the names before confirmation, if a player don't read it is because is stupid (sorry for the word), for change the item if u have confirmed he have to cancel and u can see what he put, just don't be idiot (sorry again).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

He had to change the lepre for the lunar, u have time for see the names before confirmation, if a player don't read it is because is stupid (sorry for the word), for change the item if u have confirmed he have to cancel and u can see what he put, just don't be idiot (sorry again).
    If I could say, first, apologizing for the word for saying it doesn't make it better, and second, humans do make errors and the are closely related in name and not everyone is on the look out the first time they encounter this. Basically when making a trade sometimes we don't look out as we should, but seriously no reason to insult them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Herbert View Post
    If I could say, first, apologizing for the word for saying it doesn't make it better, and second, humans do make errors and the are closely related in name and not everyone is on the look out the first time they encounter this. Basically when making a trade sometimes we don't look out as we should, but seriously no reason to insult them.

Buddy is not a insult, How I should call someone who don't see before trade 180k+? Sorry is because the words idiot and stupid are bad words and I don't want be reported.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Buddy is not a insult, How I should call someone who don't see before trade 180k+? Sorry is because the words idiot and stupid are bad words and I don't want be reported.
    Calling someone an insult is still an insult lol, best not to use it at all, but you could sympathize with them, its a trick meaning to trick, not everyone, and I repeat, not everyone looks out for scammers when they have never been scammed before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Herbert View Post
    Calling someone an insult is still an insult lol, best not to use it at all, but you could sympathize with them, its a trick meaning to trick, not everyone, and I repeat, not everyone looks out for scammers when they have never been scammed before.

And then the fault is of the scammed guy for don't give a second look to the trade window

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Or, when something is replaced, just add a highlight over the new item.
    Or when an item is replaced, the trade gets cancelled.

And then the fault is of the scammed guy for don't give a second look to the trade window
    Not always the case, optical handicaps like dyslexia, could make similar names, blight/blinky, breeze/breezaga for example, appear to be legitamate.
    Last edited by Masked; 04-18-2016 at 10:42 PM.

Laugh it up fuzzball!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default The Anti-Scam System

They (Scammers) don't just put a Leprechaun-Lunar first. They would put trash to make Lunar not able to see on your trade screen cause you have to scroll it down first to check it.

The simplest way to prevent is to make the trade section bigger and will able to see the other items that has been included. And a player just have to check if it is really the one that he's / she's looking for. And check again before confirming it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ansm; 04-18-2016 at 11:01 PM.
    PERSEVERANCE and HARDWORK Propels SUCCESS

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ansm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masked View Post
    Not always the case, optical handicaps like dyslexia, could make similar names, blight/blinky, breeze/breezaga for example, appear to be legitamate.
    Blight-Blinky Breeze-Breezaga? Dyslexia don't make people see diferent names, if is Blight maybe he could see Blihgt, Blitgh, Bligth, or similar things, don't make a "nky" and replace other letters, same to breezaga.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeisg View Post
    They (Scammers) don't just put a Leprechaun-Lunar first. They would put trash to make Lunar not able to see on your trade screen cause you have to scroll it down first to check it.

The easy way to prevent is to make the trade section bigger and will able to see the other items that has been included. And a player just have to check if it is really the one that he's / she's looking for. And check again before confirming it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good idea, some players are too lazy and can't scroll down, or so **** (don't know what word use) for be buying a lepre and leave the other player make the trade window full of trash. (Your idea is good, but is not essential for prevent the player of be scammed).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I dont get this confusion thing either. I saw every time someone tried to swap out the LEPRECHAUN for a LUNAR or a BLIGHT for a BLINKY. I just pause between every tap, even if it means the trade is more of a calm walk than a sprint. If the other person is in that much of a hurry, then I do not need to do a shady alley deal. I like my deals in the light, where I have 10 seconds to check every window.

Star light, star bright...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Idk how people can get scammed with lunar pendant trick. I've always double checked and people try to do that trick to me 10 times haven't gotten scammed yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Blight-Blinky Breeze-Breezaga? Dyslexia don't make people see diferent names, if is Blight maybe he could see Blihgt, Blitgh, Bligth, or similar things, don't make a "nky" and replace other letters, same to breezaga.
    You are wrong on so many levels. Educate yourself before writing about something you obviously have no clue about.

If "auto cancel on swapped items/gold" could be implimented, when an item/ or gold is swapped would benefit support by allowing less "i've been scammed" reports; as anything in trade window is generally a done deal, unless it was due to a game related bug there for support could put more focus towards the cases that are a higher priority.

Laugh it up fuzzball!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Masked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Good idea, some players are too lazy and can't scroll down, or so **** (don't know what word use) for be buying a lepre and leave the other player make the trade window full of trash. (Your idea is good, but is not essential for prevent the player of be scammed).
    Yep, I thought so that it isnt essential to prevent but it can help. They are just lazy. That's the problem for getting scammed! So the idea of making the window bigger can help. Unless, the players will be lazy to check the items again. And.. why in rush, right? People just keep on confirming and confirming without confirmation! .-.
    PERSEVERANCE and HARDWORK Propels SUCCESS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masked View Post
    You are wrong on so many levels. Educate yourself before writing about something you obviously have no clue about.

If "auto cancel on swapped items/gold" could be implimented, when an item/ or gold is swapped would benefit support by allowing less "i've been scammed" reports; as anything in trade window is generally a done deal, unless it was due to a game related bug there for support could put more focus towards the cases that are a higher priority.
    Problems may include difficulties in*spellingwords, reading quickly,*writing words, "sounding out" words in the head, pronouncing words when reading aloud and understanding what one reads.[, i know what dyslexia is dude, u should study a little more (or Google it). Can I try scam u? U will see the ones u get scammed is just because are **** (don't know what word use).