Thread: Awesome PvE Mage Build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Awesome PvE Mage Build

Here is a mage build that I've been using for a while now. I use it when I solo the Underhul expansion and other PvE stuff like elites and all that stuff. It is a pretty good build especially for the Underhul expansion where it is just Stun City. Just note that I used this build for soloing purposes,but still works great with parties. Anyways, here is the build and I will explain why I chose what I chose (feel free to make slight modifications if you want to copy this build):

1.Arcane Shield:Pretty self explanatory. An extremely popular defense skill that is a must for doing the harder PvE dungeons. Also good for combatting those pesky debuffs and stuns.
    -Pro Tip:If you have Nekro,when your Arcane Shield's cooldown is halfway done, use Nekro's Arcane Ability and you will have an even longer time of having 40% damage reduction.Try your best to keep the rhythm of alternating Arcane Shield and Nekro's Arcane Ability going on when you are fighting tough enemies.
    •Extended Shield:You'll want to keep your shield as long as possible to help you survive longer,this upgrade helps with that.
    •Static Resonance:This helps you and your shield last even longer.A must to use for the Underhul levels where stunning is around every corner.
    •Hardened Shielding:Invincibility can really help a lot. Learn to use Arcane Shield at the right time to max out the potential for this upgrade.

2.Time Shift: There are situations where there are swarms of enemies in PvE.This skill helps you control the angry swarms of enemies.
    -Time Shift Mastery (10/10):This has possibly the best stunning ever and can really make a big role in controlling those angry mobs. Just make sure that you deal with support enemies that can remove debuffs off other enemies, like the Orc Medic in the Ren'Gol levels, first or else the mastery will be useless.
    •Countdown of Pain:While the damage per tick doesn't seem like much,it still can hit hard if you think about it.This can also help you deal crits more often because the more you imput damage into those enemies,the faster the numbers roll and the faster those crits come in.
    •Freeze Time: This is one of the most useful upgrades in the game right now. Its rooting can really help you and your buddies out a lot with controlling those swarms of enemies. Also can keep you out of harm's reach from the close-ranged enemies' disgusting hands.

3.Gale Force:I chose this skill mainly because of the mastery,but also good for providing a speed boost for doing faster runs,and giving a nice armor buff to reduce some damage. (You can use what ever you want for this so you don't have to exactly use the upgrades mentioned for this skill)
    -Gale Force Mastery (10/10):This is super useful because if your Arcane Shield runs out,you might be screwed because you will have tons of stuns coming your way,making you helpless as enemies slowly munch away at your squishy blueberry body.This mastery helps prevent that. At 10/10,this buff lasts for 4 seconds and the cooldown for Gale Force is 5 seconds, meaning that the enemies only have a short 1 second window to even stun you.
    •Speed of Wind:This upgrade is great to make farming faster and easier. Also great for helping you dodge wind-ups (those red zone attacks)
    •Protective Current:This is like having a mini shield. It boosts your armor,helping you survive a little bit longer.
    •Weighted Wind: This makes sure that those disgusting ugly enemies never get up. This causes Gale Force to knockdown enemies for 5.5 seconds. Gale Force's cool down is 5 seconds,keeping you ready to knock em down again. Just know that while enemies are stunned,they have an immunity to more stunning so you have to wait half a second to stun em again.

4.Fireball:This is a great AoE crowd control skill. It pairs really well with Time Shift.The tactic I use is I first throw a charged fireball,then quickly drop Time Shift and stand back and pick em off.
    •Engulf:This skill makes sure you get your giant angry mob of enemies. It increases the blast radius to 7 meters.
    •Ignite:This DoT does similar damage to Toor's or Titan's Arcane Ability (about 100-200 damage). Also helps with landing in some crits.
    •Impact:This works EXTREMELY well with Engulf because it stuns anyone in the 7 meter radius now. The cooldown for Fireball is 4 seconds and the stun lasts for 3.5 seconds so enemies will only have half of a second to react. Just know that enemies stunned have a stun immunity.

5.Lifegiver:This is a great support skill and because of the way this skill build is set up,you can only have 4 skills. I would recommend use this skill if you are having trouble maintaining a good amount of pots. Just keep in mind that this skill is optional on whether or not you want to use this skill. If you want to use this skill with your build,choose a skill from this list that you would feel comfortable not using. For me, when I use this skill, I use it with shield clock and wind. But it's your decision on what you want to use this skill with.
    •Increased Range:I wouldn't consider this skill manditory for Lifegiver,but if you are having trouble trying to heal your allies because they are a bit too far away and you have 1 skill point left to redeem, try using this upgrade.
    •Empower:This upgrade is a MUST for mid-level to endgame players that use Lifegiver. The mana restore will definitely help you out a ton and you can save thousands of mana potions thanks to this upgrade.
    •Regrowth:This upgrade is extremely great for all levels. The drastic health it gives you per tick will help out a ton, especially if timed right.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 06-22-2016 at 02:48 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Arlor in a little village called tindrin elites
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    Here is a mage build that I've been using for a while now. I use it when I solo the Underhul expansion and other PvE stuff like elites and all that stuff. It is a pretty good build especially for the Underhul expansion where it is just Stun City. Just note that I used this build for soloing purposes,but still works great with parties. Anyways, here is the build and I will explain why I chose what I chose (feel free to make slight modifications if you want to copy this build):

1.Arcane Shield:Pretty self explanatory. An extremely popular defense skill that is a must for doing the harder PvE dungeons. Also good for combatting those pesky debuffs and stuns.
    •Extended Shield:You'll want to keep your shield as long as possible to help you survive longer,this upgrade helps with that.
    •Static Resonance:This helps you and your shield last even longer.A must to use for the Underhul levels where stunning is around every corner.
    •Hardened Shielding:Invincibility can really help a lot. Learn to use Arcane Shield at the right time to max out the potential for this upgrade.

2.Time Shift: There are situations where there are swarms of enemies in PvE.This skill helps you control the angry swarms of enemies.
    -Time Shift Mastery (10/10):This has possibly the best stunning ever and can really make a big role in controlling those angry mobs. Just make sure that you deal with support enemies that can remove debuffs off other enemies, like the Orc Medic in the Ren'Gol levels, first or else the mastery will be useless.
    •Countdown of Pain:While the damage per tick doesn't seem like much,it still can hit hard if you think about it.This can also help you deal crits more often because the more you imput damage into those enemies,the faster the numbers roll and the faster those crits come in.
    •Freeze Time: This is one of the most useful upgrades in the game right now. Its rooting can really help you and your buddies out a lot with controlling those swarms of enemies. Also can keep you out of harm's reach from the close-ranged enemies' disgusting hands.

3.Gale Force:I chose this skill mainly because of the mastery,but also good for providing a speed boost for doing faster runs,and giving a nice armor buff to reduce some damage.
    -Gale Force Mastery (10/10):This is super useful because if your Arcane Shield runs out,you might be screwed because you will have tons of stuns coming your way,making you helpless as enemies slowly munch away at your squishy blueberry body.This mastery helps prevent that. At 10/10,this buff lasts for 4 seconds and the cooldown for Gale Force is 5 seconds, meaning that the enemies only have a short 1 second window to even stun you.
    •Speed of Wind:This upgrade is great to make farming faster and easier. Also great for helping you dodge wind-ups (those red zone attacks)
    •Protective Current:This is like having a mini shield. It boosts your armor,helping you survive a little bit longer.
    •Weighted Wind: This makes sure that those disgusting ugly enemies never get up. This causes Gale Force to knockdown enemies for 5.5 seconds. Gale Force's cool down is 5 seconds,keeping you ready to knock em down again. Just know that while enemies are stunned,they have an immunity to more stunning so you have to wait half a second to stun em again.

4.Fireball:This is a great AoE crowd control skill. It pairs really well with Time Shift.The tactic I use is I first throw a charged fireball,then quickly drop Time Shift and stand back and pick em off.
    •Engulf:This skill makes sure you get your giant angry mob of enemies. It increases the blast radius to 7 meters.
    •Ignite:This DoT does similar damage to Toor's or Titan's Arcane Ability (about 100-200 damage). Also helps with landing in some crits.
    •Impact:This works EXTREMELY well with Engulf because it stuns anyone in the 7 meter radius now. The cooldown for Fireball is 4 seconds and the stun lasts for 3.5 seconds so enemies will only have half of a second to react. Just know that enemies stunned have a stun immunity.
    Great guide!! Is this for l56?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to oekeone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

OP, that's definitely the best build for the map, the only bad thing is ... clock can't root them, so they can roam freely, and gale force's mastery is a wise choice, since underhul mobs have CRAZY DoT, hope everyone can read this guide it's quite helpful.
    Last edited by Intous; 04-19-2016 at 09:22 AM.
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oekeone View Post
    Great guide!! Is this for l56?
    Yes it is for level 56,but can be used for the lower levels as well,the masteries would just have reduced effect at lower levels.

Arlor in a little village called tindrin elites
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    Yes it is for level 56,but can be used for the lower levels as well,the masteries would just have reduced effect at lower levels.
    ight thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Intous View Post
    OP, that's definitely the best build for the map, the only bad thing is ... clock can't root them, so they can roam freely, and gale force's mastery is a wise choice, since underhul mobs have CRAZY DoT, hope everyone can read this guide it's quite helpful.
    Clock can root a majority of the enemies,it's just that clock can only affect up to 10 enemies at a time.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 04-20-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

clock cannot root all enemies some mobs are not rootable in rengol / glint / underhaul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    clock cannot root all enemies some mobs are not rootable in rengol / glint / underhaul
    Oops I'll edit and label it as a majority of the enemies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

it's also possible to tell the tank to stand inside your clock :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

nice build.
    Currently I try my so called suicide build: Fire, ice (for the big worms), lighting and gale with the necros shield for helping survive. Sometimes I trade lighting for clock. So much fun with four attack skills
    Before that my usual was fire, clock light and shield/or heal when im cheap with pots

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I dont think Gale Force is worth after fireball buff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiinzou View Post
    I think going 5/10 wind and 5/10 fireball would be good after the buff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiinzou View Post
    Gale Force still worth it..with those speed buff,point blank attack (AoE),knocking out enemies for 5 secs ,50% more shield and of course the mastery that remove any movement impairing (stun,bleed,mini poison pool from cryoworm) for 4 secs if u hv 10/10 on it..id say go for the skill !!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I try this build on mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice build I'll surely try it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I have some points to make
    1 freeze is a very important skill to use in elites and underhul.
    2 lightening provides the crit and thus helps us score well against bosses.
    3 point about gale force mastery is well made and i find it useful too, only if u have speed upgrade you will not be able to use charged armour buff well as you will be thrown forward and attract aggro of mob. As for survival being most difficult for mage it is important to use armour buff alone.
    4 mastery of shield is important against bosses.
    5 fireball is good but as our role is crowd control so better off with freeze.

Survival is key for us mages.
    Supremo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I just feel awesome after using gale (mastery 10/10) in underhull. No harm

Enviado de meu XT1523 usando Tapatalk
    IGN: Granitoide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by control View Post
    I have some points to make
    1 freeze is a very important skill to use in elites and underhul.
    2 lightening provides the crit and thus helps us score well against bosses.
    3 point about gale force mastery is well made and i find it useful too, only if u have speed upgrade you will not be able to use charged armour buff well as you will be thrown forward and attract aggro of mob. As for survival being most difficult for mage it is important to use armour buff alone.
    4 mastery of shield is important against bosses.
    5 fireball is good but as our role is crowd control so better off with freeze.

Survival is key for us mages.
    Supremo
    1.It is a good skill,but doesn't stun as many enemies like Fireball and Gale Force
    2.Wildfire can do more damage than lightning (though Wildfire is a completely different subject,but just wanted to point that out) and the thing about lightning is that it is sacrificing a defensive skill that can help u survive for an offensive skill. Like you said,survival is key.
    3.Thats why I said use what ever upgrade you want
    4.When I use shield mastery, I don't feel like it works. It only increases damage absorption by an average of about maybe 700,which is pretty small actually. This value isn't that significant,especially in elites where enemies can do 1-2.5k damage on normal attack.
    5.Fireball, in my oppinion, is more of a skill that assists with crowd control on a larger scale than Frost Bolt. A good example is pairing Fireball up with Time Shift. Fireball stuns the enemies,giving you enough time to drop Time Shift to keep the enemies in place while you can step back and snipe the enemies and when clock is about to wear out, throw another Fireball at the enemies to stun them again do that you can drop down another Time Shift.

You do have some good points though and I like your points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

awesome guide. will try it out now. thanks