Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do engineeers need a buff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Why do people compare the damage of an engineer to an operative's?

Engineers aren't supposed to dish a lot of damage. Thy have multiple ways to heal themselves which no other class can do. Not to mention a couple of buffs.They need more of a tweak than a buff. A simple change in Protection and Force Shield would probably suffice.

They way I see it, they were meant to be some sort of a Warlock from WoW in terms of PvP. Dishing out a lot of DoTs and trying to survive in the process until the opponent dies.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You guys all have to understand that STS is most likely going to balance pvp. We dont know if the damage and buffing is going to be the same as pve.

Also the engineer is NOT a killing class. It is a support class. But if played well, the engineer can get a lot of kills. You just have to keep in mind that the engineer is supposed to

1. Keep teammates alive
    2. Weaken mobs and bosses. From what I've noticed, killing those elite mobs has been very easy and quick when you have an engineer in your team.
    Boomsteak - Commando - Lv 35 <Sparkling Pwnies>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by longsteak View Post
    You guys all have to understand that STS is most likely going to balance pvp. We dont know if the damage and buffing is going to be the same as pve.

Also the engineer is NOT a killing class. It is a support class. But if played well, the engineer can get a lot of kills. You just have to keep in mind that the engineer is supposed to

1. Keep teammates alive
    2. Weaken mobs and bosses. From what I've noticed, killing those elite mobs has been very easy and quick when you have an engineer in your team.

Six months later and sadly, this is not correct.

I have decided to necro this thread because I want to draw attention to the difficulties that engineers are experiencing these days in SL PvP.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Six months later and sadly, this is not correct.

I have decided to necro this thread because I want to draw attention to the difficulties that engineers are experiencing these days in SL PvP.
    This is why I'm playing PL again.