Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboards Reset?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

This just made me think of a possible option. There could be extra leader boards like "daily best" - "weekly best" - "Monthly best" and so forth...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Huh? How does your spot on the leaderboards affect your guild? Please enlighten me, as comments like these are making me less and less eager to play this game.
    Sounds to me they are using the leader boards to recruit. Which is stupid imo. We as in Gears of War was labled fast as "soloers" and we never helped as are games were always locked for guild members only. We recruited players by attitude and how they played as a team.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    Ok yeah have you ever reached a lvl cap? If not lemme explain you get no more exp. So all this about turning exp off is nonsense. But yeah if by what you mean I reached lvl cap and don't receive exp when I make a kill by all means I'm guilty. Basically everyone saying "if you have high kills you turned exp off and just exploiting".

I earned my kills by helping others lvl and myself lvl no noob lvl farming. All my kills was earned in delta 7 dead mans cave while leveling and farming credits and pots. Anyways point is what I'm trying to say dont judge players unless you know without a doubt.
    If you read my first statement which you misquoted I said if you turned off XP gain to farm kills. I am not pointing fingers I was only stating what some were doing.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20
    Timbabird lvl 55 Oldsillymage lvl 50+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

This thread entertained me for a bit....

haha can somebody tell me who is number one on the leaderboard for pve kills at the moment and how many kills they have? If its a GOW member, can another GOW member tell me how that effects the guild? What would happen if somebody knocked em down? im just interested ^^
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Please revisit this

There are several reasons a reset is not fair and IMO not the right move. First, STS allowed the purchase of Plat and elixirs in the beta, so they did not treat the beta solely as a test product. Second, by reseting the leader boards you are actually giving the non-betas an unfair advantage since all beta players would have leveled with no kills and may have already spent plat. BETA players would not be able to gain kills at the lower levels and may not have the opportunity to use elixirs because they may have been used on worthless kills that are now wiped. If STS is going to do a reset, they at the very least, should rebate all credits and plat spent on elixirs during the beta (minus xp elixirs) , allowing beta players to use there plat and credits on what they are calling the real game. I believe a better option would be, over the next few months (after that i believe it would smooth out anyway, and the need would diminish), list two leader boards, one for all those in the beta and one for non beta players, or put an asterisk on beta players and list the top 5 of each. Allow all beta players to keep there kills and be done with it (here's an even crazier idea, leave it alone, in a few months it wont matter, with time, non-beta players will catch up and there wont be any difference anyway, all non betas would be losing is time, BETAs would be losing real money under the plan currently being proposed). IMO simply wiping and resetting everyone is not a fair or very well thought out solution, and one that needs to be revisited. I have faith the DEVs will do the right thing and figure something out, people smart enough to come up with something as amazing as SL can surely figure something as easy as this out

Dopeydaddy - LVL 21 OP
    LUCILULU - LVL 21 COM
    TATERTOTER LVL 20 ENG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lucilulu View Post
    (here's an even crazier idea, leave it alone, in a few months it wont matter, with time, non-beta players will catch up and there wont be any difference anyway, all non betas would be losing is time, BETAs would be losing real money under the plan currently being proposed). IMO simply wiping and resetting everyone is not a fair or very well thought out solution, and one that needs to be revisited. I have faith the DEVs will do the right thing and figure something out, people smart enough to come up with something as amazing as SL can surely figure something as easy as this out

Dopeydaddy - LVL 21 OP
    LUCILULU - LVL 21 COM
    TATERTOTER LVL 20 ENG
    If it will smooth out if no wipe happens, there is no reason that a wipe wouldnt smooth out as well. And did YOU purchase damage lixers for the purpose of kills? I think the refund thing is a good idea but what if people buy damage pots for xp? Comepletely realistic ya know. faster kills=faster xp. 2x exp isnt as helpful unless its a combo or a super strong char. People who purchased elixers in the beta FOR THE PURPOSE OF KILLS to get onto the LB should know the risk that is IS a beta and that there is a possiblity of things that mess up their progress.

And I hope that the devs make a good decision on what to do. IT doent matter to me what happens to the LB much. I actually kinda hoping that the LB isnt wiped for the reason of a good goal for me to aim for. I want it wiped so that us beta players have a fairer chance of getting to the LB. The devs were smart enough (though i feel they had to dumb down) to create an amazing game (if they didnt dumb down, the code would be too complex for a device to handle and the device explodes). Whatever the devs do, im sure that they do it for a good reason to do so and I will agree with them no matter what. I can see both ways of the argument so taking a side is impossible for me to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Can't be half pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    If it will smooth out if no wipe happens, there is no reason that a wipe wouldnt smooth out as well. And did YOU purchase damage lixers for the purpose of kills? I think the refund thing is a good idea but what if people buy damage pots for xp? Comepletely realistic ya know. faster kills=faster xp. 2x exp isnt as helpful unless its a combo or a super strong char. People who purchased elixers in the beta FOR THE PURPOSE OF KILLS to get onto the LB should know the risk that is IS a beta and that there is a possiblity of things that mess up their progress.

And I hope that the devs make a good decision on what to do. IT doent matter to me what happens to the LB much. I actually kinda hoping that the LB isnt wiped for the reason of a good goal for me to aim for. I want it wiped so that us beta players have a fairer chance of getting to the LB. The devs were smart enough (though i feel they had to dumb down) to create an amazing game (if they didnt dumb down, the code would be too complex for a device to handle and the device explodes). Whatever the devs do, im sure that they do it for a good reason to do so and I will agree with them no matter what. I can see both ways of the argument so taking a side is impossible for me to do.
    IMO they should have never allowed the purchase of plat or elixirs in beta. On one hand trying to say the beta was simply for testing, but on the other they sure accepted our money. If your going to charge and act as tho things are actually real play, then do it, but you can't be "half pregnant", which by I believe the devs are doing if they start implementing these resets. If they do tho, I would rather they just refund everyone's money (plat) and start everyone from lvl 0. All or nothing please.

Dopeydaddy-lvl 21 op
    Lucilulu - lvl 21 com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

IMO they should have never allowed the purchase of plat or elixirs in beta. On one hand trying to say the beta was simply for testing, but on the other they sure accepted our money. If your going to charge and act as tho things are actually real play, then do it, but you can't be "half pregnant", which by I believe the devs are doing if they start implementing these resets. If they do tho, I would rather they just refund everyone's money (plat) and start everyone from lvl 0. All or nothing please.

Dopeydaddy-lvl 21 op
    Lucilulu - lvl 21 com
    Not sure if I got this right, but wasn't it announced pre-beta that LB would be wiped? Or was it declared half-way or more than half-way through?

I see your point on the plat and elixirs, and I agree, but if they made some sort of announcement or disclaimer that things could change, can't really blame em.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

@Lucilulu - Platinum purchases are strictly under the user's own accord. During an unstable testing period like beta, why would you spend boatloads of Platinum in the first place? I admit I used a few Plat as well but only to test out skills and stats. No one forced anyone to get to the leaderboards and spend tons of Plat or time doing so. Getting to the Leaderboard is an obsession that some players chose to partake in and definitely not a wise one at best since after all, it is a testing phase. The testing phase means you find out kinks and bugs and try to be helpful to figuring out what's wrong PRIOR to the release of the full version, not try to get a head start on everyone else by stamping your name on the leaderboard. That's what we all agreed to as beta testers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Not sure if I got this right, but wasn't it announced pre-beta that LB would be wiped? Or was it declared half-way or more than half-way through?

I see your point on the plat and elixirs, and I agree, but if they made some sort of announcement or disclaimer that things could change, can't really blame em.
    I guess the only issue I have is the fact that they gladly accepted the many purchases and made sure and acted like things were real play. Now they are trying to use the "it's just beta" crap to justify things. Really, just say it like it is, the game started a few weeks ago, the day the started making money. They are simply trying to make a decision that angers as few people as possible and the beta argument is the best out. But really let's get serious, this was not a true beta, u typically don't start selling ur normal game items in beta. Again, a simple fix is an asterisk, two leader boards for the next few months one for betas another non, after few months won't need to even have the asterisk.

Dopeydaddy
    Lucilulu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

PL has always been like a beta, having changes that affect people who spent real money. So why would you expect less from a game that you know is in the beta phase?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

If we are voting, I would ask the devs to let the beta testers keep their kills. And this comes from someone who is very, very jealous of the beta testers. It means nothing. k/d ratios are nothing but ego boosters. In a month the hardcore regulars will pass most of the beta testers. So let them have their thrill for a month. It doesn't hurt anyone. They don't get any other compensation. Why not let them keep their kills?

Just my vote, if they are taking votes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

There are several reasons a reset is not fair and IMO not the right move. First, STS allowed the purchase of Plat and elixirs in the beta, so they did not treat the beta solely as a test product. Second, by reseting the leader boards you are actually giving the non-betas an unfair advantage since all beta players would have leveled with no kills and may have already spent plat. BETA players would not be able to gain kills at the lower levels and may not have the opportunity to use elixirs because they may have been used on worthless kills that are now wiped. If STS is going to do a reset, they at the very least, should rebate all credits and plat spent on elixirs during the beta (minus xp elixirs) , allowing beta players to use there plat and credits on what they are calling the real game. I believe a better option would be, over the next few months (after that i believe it would smooth out anyway, and the need would diminish), list two leader boards, one for all those in the beta and one for non beta players, or put an asterisk on beta players and list the top 5 of each. Allow all beta players to keep there kills and be done with it (here's an even crazier idea, leave it alone, in a few months it wont matter, with time, non-beta players will catch up and there wont be any difference anyway, all non betas would be losing is time, BETAs would be losing real money under the plan currently being proposed). IMO simply wiping and resetting everyone is not a fair or very well thought out solution, and one that needs to be revisited. I have faith the DEVs will do the right thing and figure something out, people smart enough to come up with something as amazing as SL can surely figure something as easy as this out

Dopeydaddy - LVL 21 OP
    LUCILULU - LVL 21 COM
    TATERTOTER LVL 20 ENG
    Lots of anger in this thread and looks like devs made up their minds. Beta players you can always start a new toon for ratios on the bright side everyone is so worked up about the leaderboard nobody's complaining about all the gold beta players will have racked up. I have no doubt it will be a beta player that sits on top of the board for a while as you guys have the basics down. As far as the plat purchases ago I recommend reading the tos for the beta as covered in a different but similar thread these types of things were a possibility. Buyer beware

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    LOL! So much for "voting"... OK... further comments on that thread....

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Thats a real nice way to act. You know people are tweeked out about it. Your pokeing at the fire with gas.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they gonna reset kills they also need to reset the kills because otherwise it would be unfair for the bèta players because they cant get in the k/d leaderboards.

So if they are gonna reset the kills they also need yo reset kills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Dopeydaddy-lvl 21 op
    Lucilulu - lvl 21 com

haha half pregnant xD I dont think they should have allowed plat purchase in beta but they did and we have to adapt our thinking to fit that. Thinking in the same state where you hope devs dont allow plat purchase will get you nowhere atm. I full reset is unnecesary IMO. Its kind of as a prize or gift for people who helped out in beta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilbetyoubeg View Post
    If they gonna reset kills they also need to reset the kills because otherwise it would be unfair for the bèta players because they cant get in the k/d leaderboards.

So if they are gonna reset the kills they also need yo reset kills
    They are resetting both k/d and you get to keep all that gold sounds like a deal to me. I'd gladly take a 21 with two-three weeks worth of farming gear and gold to only lose my k/d

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    They are resetting both k/d and you get to keep all that gold sounds like a deal to me. I'd gladly take a 21 with two-three weeks worth of farming gear and gold to only lose my k/d
    if i was in the beta and i had tons of gold, LB spot, and good kdr, I would gladly reset all my chars if i had to cuz the devs were able to even allow players in the beta.