Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: If you see me around town...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, you will undoubtedly feel the need to respec at some point in your journeys. I just wish that while I was respecing I could remove points as well. I think my fingers are too big for the ipod screen, so when I'm adding points to something I always end up hitting something else. This would also allow us to see how adding points changes our stats without having to commit (though they may not want this).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Yeah, I did decide to buy some plat because I wanted another character slot. (My new bear is named Corelli.) And of course, I do plan to work the characters up to high levels. This is fun and level 13 just isn't high enough (though I have yet to get there).

Weird thing, and I hope it's not as strange as It sounds... I met someone who wanted to trade but actually only wanted to sell some low level items. I didn't buy any because 1000 gp is too hard to come by and the items are all drops from the first few levels. But then he invited me to join him in a game, and went into a level I haven't gotten to yet. This is where it got weird. As we went into battle he asked if I was a boy or a girl. I figured it was because I was an elf enchantress, so I said "boy". Then, about 20 minutes later as I was saying "cya" to the party, he asked why I was leaving and I said, "work". Then he goes, "Are you an adult man?" I was like "sure". And he replies, "I'm a young boy." I didn't think age mattered, considering the very strict rules we have on appropriateness, and I just replied "Well, age doesn't matter, besides I am a total Noob to MMOs and you've probably been playing them for years." Then I just bailed.

But it made me feel weird. I don't think a kid should say that he's a kid online in a public place. It's too dangerous.

And frankly, my iPad cost me $829. It didn't occur to me that people who don't have that kind of money would be around. I guess, yeah, if you're using a iTouch, maybe a hand-me-down... Still, though nothing was inappropriate, it did weird me out. I felt I had given up my "a" and my "s" and if I didn't run away fast I would be asked for my "l". Or maybe it was a Fed (if so, then good, and thanks!)

Anyway, it's probably nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Yeah, I did decide to buy some plat because I wanted another character slot. (My new bear is named Corelli.) And of course, I do plan to work the characters up to high levels. This is fun and level 13 just isn't high enough (though I have yet to get there).

Weird thing, and I hope it's not as strange as It sounds... I met someone who wanted to trade but actually only wanted to sell some low level items. I didn't buy any because 1000 gp is too hard to come by and the items are all drops from the first few levels. But then he invited me to join him in a game, and went into a level I haven't gotten to yet. This is where it got weird. As we went into battle he asked if I was a boy or a girl. I figured it was because I was an elf enchantress, so I said "boy". Then, about 20 minutes later as I was saying "cya" to the party, he asked why I was leaving and I said, "work". Then he goes, "Are you an adult man?" I was like "sure". And he replies, "I'm a young boy." I didn't think age mattered, considering the very strict rules we have on appropriateness, and I just replied "Well, age doesn't matter, besides I am a total Noob to MMOs and you've probably been playing them for years." Then I just bailed.

But it made me feel weird. I don't think a kid should say that he's a kid online in a public place. It's too dangerous.

And frankly, my iPad cost me $829. It didn't occur to me that people who don't have that kind of money would be around. I guess, yeah, if you're using a iTouch, maybe a hand-me-down... Still, though nothing was inappropriate, it did weird me out. I felt I had given up my "a" and my "s" and if I didn't run away fast I would be asked for my "l". Or maybe it was a Fed (if so, then good, and thanks!)

Dude, I had the same exact thing happen to me a while ago. I forget the players name, but he was an Enchantress. He asked me the same questions. It was so strange...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

After reading something like that I'd normally say something like "Stop being so over protective, giving out something like your first name and your age is IN NO WAY dangerous."

However,

That dude does sound flippin' weird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post
    After reading something like that I'd normally say something like "Stop being so over protective, giving out something like your first name and your age is IN NO WAY dangerous."

However,

Yeah, and he was telling me how he hated some guy in Towne because he had high level items and wanted him to die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post

However,

Well, we know the devs read every post, so if they are worried, I will probably get a PM.

I think first name is OK within the rules, but still, I'm a grandpa. I can't help but be overly protective. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Nah theres nothing wrong with giving out your whole name, your age, etc.

Infact theres nothing wrong with giving out almost any information.

It's asking for it that is the problem.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post

PLEASE report these types of folks to support so we can check their chat.