Thread: Hello everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello everyone

Hey guys, just downloaded Pocket Legends on my Samsung Acclaim, and the game is pretty sweet. I have been playing mmo's for years and was pretty excited when I saw one was out for my droid. There is just a few problems i found already.. First, PL isn't available in the Android Market for the Acclaim, i had to go to a website and download it manually. Second the game is super laggy for me. My ping was pretty high (700's) when i used my data network, then when i switched over to WiFi the ping went down to around 200-250, but the lag never changed. Could this be a memory issue with my phone? Is there things to check or do to help fix this? I don't think its the network, im pretty sure its the phone.

Anyways talk to me in game if you want, names Rompie. You might catch me online later today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi! Welcome to the forum! This place has a lot of good people to meet and play with you in-game! Also, welcome to Pocket Legends! If you ever need anything, fire away by sending me a private message.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi welcome to the forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Hey there! warm welcome to the forums, you'll find all great sorts of information around here
    btw, the ping might probably have to do with your wi-fi connection. but yeah, sometimes i get ping spikes in pl.
    If the game is laggy, your phone is probably running low on memory, try closing some applications so you have more ram. what android phone do you use?

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yes. Welcome, welcome to the forums. There are many helpful people here as well as founts of information contained in the threads and links that are provided. I agree with Zalt that your lag is probably a memory issue. I don't use an android device and my iPad2 doesn't lag even when I'm using free wifi at the cafe with pings around 600.....If you see me ingame and have questions, feel free to ask....
    "All is fair in love and war, but remember, this is just a game"

IGN CowboyJim lvl 100 Bear, Juraviel lvl 100 Mage, CowboyJimArch lvl 100 Dex Bird, Cowboytwink lvl 22 Bird, duckorcroak lvl 10 bird
    SL Juraviel lvl 40 Engineer DL Juraviel lvl 21 AL CowboyJim lvl 21 Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the quicl replys and welcomes! Im using the Samsung Acclaim. I used advanced task killer and checked the memory before killing the apps (around 25) and after it was around 50. Is there anyway to increase this even more or am i sol with my phone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad you found us, even if it was a round about way. I've also been playing these type games for years and was thrilled when I found PL. When it comes to ping, mine can be all over. Some fixes I have found are clearing net data (just like pc) and shutting the phone all the way off (like a pc).

On cellular network I run about 250 ping but at home on wifi I'm usually around 70. If at home my ping is crazy it means the people in my house are eating my bandwidth to which I reset my router and shut down pc to fully clear the cache. Finally, I go around the house disabling the xbox, wii, 2 dsi, 2 laptops, and another iPhone. Then it's all mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Il have to try clearing my phone. I know its not my internet connection. I downloaded PL on my itouch and it is smooth playing. The game is just choppy on my phone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Welcome to the forums and the game! I always have bad lag when I use my HTC EVO. I prefer to play on my iPod touch. I am not very techy so I don't have any fixes to suggest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default welcome to the wonderful world of PL!

Welcome! Very cool to see that yet another person downloaded PL and found the forums. I too am new to the forums but have playing PL every chance I get since Feb. Its addicting. Sorry to hear about ur ping/bandwidth problem, Id say if it works great on your ipod touch, just use that. Hope to see you in PL some time. Good luck and happy hunting!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=55865&dateline=131140  7718
    IGN:kaijustorm(lvl 30 pure Avian archer) Satchemow(lvl 17 Ursan Tank) Jimmychips(lvl 14 DexMage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hello great to see you on forums if you need me in game and you need help ill be happy to GL

Aldoric - I like bananas -