Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vinnie the Vendor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    I didn't even know about elixirs until I was almost level 50!
    This is exactly why Vinnie has come into play. Elixirs are a significant part of our revenue. Most people don't know about them. Vinnie is just there to spread the word.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    This is exactly why Vinnie has come into play. Elixirs are a significant part of our revenue. Most people don't know about them. Vinnie is just there to spread the word.
    This implies that at any level you will never be well equipped to play unless you can use something extra to always boost your stats. So either the mobs are too strong or the equips too weak but it can be balanced with elixirs?

I think most of us get you need to make money. It costs money to run this game even if people can download it for free. If we want game updates, you need money to make that happen. I'm not buying Vinnie was created to better inform players over informing players by using real money they can get more.

It's just a real shady move to take away decent gold elixirs, and not only replace them with plat, but actually place an npc to sell it - while having removed in dungeon hp/mana gold purchases and replacing with plat too. If this trend continues you'll get brand new players looking around going "I need plat for pots or I'm gonna die and have to redo the level, I need plat to better buff myself, I need plat to unlock the maps were good items drop" and they are going to decide it's not worth it for the next 50 levels.

This is a great game, and a downfall to greed would be regrettable. Putting the 2x gold elixirs and in dungeon 25 packs hp/mana - (couldn't Ellie be next to Vinnie?) - could be a show of good intentions in helping new players?