Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I think Arcane Legends should be pay to win

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default I think Arcane Legends should be pay to win

Hello everyone

Last night devs released an update which people were looking forward to. When it released i did really disappointed. Was this really the "huge update"? After a year of completely bad season for Arcane Legends, devs have begun caring about the community's requests n wishes. I really expected a really good content from this update.

I'll talk about the past and today of Arcane Legends but when i started playing Arcane Legends, level cap was 26 and after a few weeks cap 31 came so i cant talk about 26 and previous caps.
    At 31 cap mythic items were really expensive for a new player. Affording them was nearly impossible.(I dont even talk about arcanes lol) But there were legendary gears that are good enough. We had mythic pet slag that could be obtained via platinums and it was an op pet. We had opportunities to earn money. Farming oltgar for entombed hammers(200-500k value) or locks(10-13k) in kraken mines. I could do pvp with legendary gears.

When we came to 36 cap, mythics became cheap but devs gave players opportunity of upgrading mythics for not to aggrieve players who paid tons of gold for those mythics in 26 and 31 caps. This decrease in prices was good for poor players as well. They could afford mythics then. Everyone was happy. We had opportunities to earn money in 36 cap as well. Locks and oltgar were still there and also there was arena to farm elite golden puzzleboxes.(100k value) Devs released 36 level mythic weapons then. But didn't put them in locks with a really high chance of loot and fullfill the game with them. So there was economy back then. These were just alternatives to arcane weapons.

Then there was 41 cap. It wasn't good at all in the beginning. Devs released arcane rings that are much more rarer than the rings in LOTR trilogy lol. Maybe only %1 of players had those rings. Because it was "arcane". Arcane items and pets are supposed the "incredibly rare" as mentioned under arcane pets in stable so community weren't whining about this situation. Ridicilously we still had same farming opportunities; oltgar and kraken mines lol. Devs released event system back then. Finally we had something different. Those events were fun and profitable for everyone. After halloween event, devs released planar arena and tombs that were the best things released in AL history. Of course this is my opinion but you would agree with me if you have looted 4x planar pendant recipes when they were 20m for each recipe. Imagine it. I became rich af from poorness in just a few weeks. I was really happy. I still didn't have an arcane ring tho.. Lol

Devs released 46 cap and made a change in game which looks like a little thing but was huge and caused game die; new locks. New rengol locks came with a strange loot ratio. Arcane rings were down to 7-8m from 60-70m. Of course prices of arcane/mythic items that belongs to previous cap start falling down in the beginning of new caps. But this %80~90 fall was not normal. I realized that game was dying at that moment. At least nothing was free and we still had to farm for gears and money. With another aspect, this was not bad for the game. Everyone could afford best gears. Pvp was more competitive.
    New glintstone sets wete another sign of the death of AL. As a warrior i was happy because of my situation. Finally we were getting the second real op stuff since 31 cap(maul of ollerus). 3 seasons and sts had decided to care about warrior. We still needed buff tho. Thats why i hadnt care about rogues and mages. Their sets were useless.

We got new mythic weapons during winter event. Warrior weapon could make us beat rogues in 1v1. After only a month devs released new arcane weapons. Why did i pay 6m to get new mythic weapon and sell for 1.5m just after a month? Why did i waste my money? Because devs wanted so.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...296942-eCONOMY

Please check Titanium's post.. He explained briefly how the economy works in AL..

After a few months sts has done the mistake that accelerated the death of AL; sns in locks. Dream pet of all AL players.. Everyone could get it. Imagine the players who worked really hard during 2014 ursoth event to get this pet.. Day and night.. Hours and hours of farm.. Many many people chasing the double... They got it and sts promised that this pet will NEVER come back. Sns owners were happy. They were rewarded for their efforts... So what sts did? They didn't keep their promise.

Well.. Last nights update was the worst one.
    Devs released a new completely useless and pointless "set". It's not even 56 level lol. It's useless because its point is "you have to farm new maps to obtain this set and use it not to get stunned while farming new maps for nothing". Really? Is this a paradox or troll? Im not even talking about turning our "expensive" glintstone sets into 900 coins which is not even enough to get 1 out of 4 materials to craft new set's armor. You guys will need to farm 4000 coins to get this useless armor. Or pay 8m for 4k coins. Even after hard work or paying 8m gold, there is chance that not getting the best armor for your class. Will is the best one for warrior but what if i get grace?

About another useless piece of this set : amulet. You said it'll come from gold heretic chest. Have you guys ever checked whats in these chest? Well there are 145 items belong to each "rarity". Yes you heard right. 145 legendaries, 145 rares and 145 epics. And 3 set items. Basic math; your chance of looting this useless "one of these amulets" is 1/145.

Lets say you have worked hard or paid to get this set and completed all 5 pcs. What you're gonna do;
    Pve player
    Chill in towns or just dont play because there is nothing left to farm.
    Pvp player
    This set is not for pvp. Good luck to all warriors with their broken juggs

So sts devs.. Please explain me what happened to this game. What is the point of these useless stuff.. Game became playable only for the ppl who never goes out, have no life etc. IMO an MMORPG game should be "pay to win". I have so many friends quitting game right now because there are no pay to win options and they have a life to deal with. I had about 50m in the beginning of 46 cap and now what? i have only 150k. Please bring back economy to the game. Please stop releasing useless stuff every week to cause people lose their money.
    Last edited by Shackler; 04-22-2016 at 10:13 AM. Reason: more accurate title

Signature credits to Bellaelda

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shackler For This Useful Post: