Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends Beta Leaderboards to be Wiped for Launch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Trying to balance the yin with the yang, flow.
    what about the yong?

Give them a vanity hat that says "DETHRONED" on it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol and wut about the b*ng? u all know wut i mean... Ne ways Great news..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dcichoracki View Post
    The point of beta testing seems to have been lost. They should get what every other tester does: the thanks of STS dev team. Beta testing isn't about glory or leaderboards, it's about helping work out the kinks; and, devs, thanks for the opportunity to help out, I've enjoyed it!
    Could not have said that better! Just wish I was able to partake in the testing, but it is what it is.

My main wish... Not just with STS, but in everyday life as well... Is that people need to stop being greedy self absorbant _____ and want compensation and recognition for every little action they perform.... Instead, actually do something productive and beneficial to EVERYONE without batting an eye, and be more than grateful that one person in a million took the time to say....

"thank you"

End rant.... Sorry!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    To present a fair playing field for everyone, we will be wiping the Leaderboards for the launch of Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles. This means that your kills and deaths will be reset to Zero.

To accompany this change, we will also be changing how PvE kills are tallied. If the monster is appropriately leveled to you, or you are otherwise gaining experience from killing it, it will count toward your kills. If you disable XP or the monster is too low level to give you XP, it will not count toward your kills. Characters who are at the level cap and gain no further experience will still gain kills from monsters who are appropriately leveled against the character. For example, a level 21 character would still gain kill counts from monsters that were level 20, even though they no longer gain experience because they are at the level cap. To recap:
    • Players receive no kill count if the victim can never give xp.
    • No kill counts granted if the victim is too low level.
    • Players will receive no kill counts if they have disabled xp gain.

To be clear, we are NOT wiping the Pocket Legends leaderboards. However, in the future, you can expect the change to not allow kill counts to accrue when XP is disabled to make its way to Pocket Legends.

IMO only one side of this issue is being looked at when there is another seperate issue here. Should leader boards be reset? For argument sake I'll say yes. But separate from wether or not this is this case, by resetting u must address another issue. By resetting as shown above many players may have used man plat and elixirs and cannot use them now as things begin to count. With that being said, SAM, please answer this, why were elixirs, and plat for that matter, even allowed in the first place if things like this were going to happen (there definitely was not a buyer beware popup every time u bought an elixir or purchased plat and took our money) I will have no issue buying plat in the future and continue to guzle elixirs, but if the answer is "sorry buyer beware" or "haha we got you" I would really like to hear this from you. (no not other players, SAM please) I have money and plenty of resources and this will have no effect on me, but there are others who have spent money and these types of things are important to them who are know faced with an unfair disadvantage. Just feel this is being overlooked. I am done talking about this and will comment on it no further.

Dopeydaddy
    Lucilulu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I like this news but i dont like it... beacuase i really truly worked hard to get on the leadeboards ... but i had a lot of deaths lol so thats good .. i say its the smart thing to do tho lolz...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

What does spending plat have anything to do with the topic at hand?

Yes ____ (I, you, they, whoever) spent plat which is real money on what we WANTED!!!, we were in no way shape or form forced to spend it!

As stated by the devs, only the K/D and all leaderboards are being wiped for full release (I think this is fair, the point of beta is to find bugs, give feedback, and make the game better and smoother when it goes into full release, it was in my opinion an EXTREMELY nice gesture of the devs to allow those involved to keep their progress (most beta testers get everything wiped, a free copy of the game, and a small token... And start over like they never played)).

Sorry for mini rant, but plat spent is still going to be there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Sorry for double post... But can only fit so much on phone....

Elixers are enhancers... Enhance YOUR gaming experience, leveling, killing, defending, running, etc, etc, etc....

I think elixers and farming should be excluded fro
    LB, that nice title( that I personally will NEVER be on) should be that of one persons true actions performed without the aid of any outside force....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lucilulu View Post
    IMO only one side of this issue is being looked at when there is another seperate issue here. Should leader boards be reset? For argument sake I'll say yes. But separate from wether or not this is this case, by resetting u must address another issue. By resetting as shown above many players may have used man plat and elixirs and cannot use them now as things begin to count. With that being said, SAM, please answer this, why were elixirs, and plat for that matter, even allowed in the first place if things like this were going to happen (there definitely was not a buyer beware popup every time u bought an elixir or purchased plat and took our money) I will have no issue buying plat in the future and continue to guzle elixirs, but if the answer is "sorry buyer beware" or "haha we got you" I would really like to hear this from you. (no not other players, SAM please) I have money and plenty of resources and this will have no effect on me, but there are others who have spent money and these types of things are important to them who are know faced with an unfair disadvantage. Just feel this is being overlooked. I am done talking about this and will comment on it no further.

Dopeydaddy
    Lucilulu
    Although you have a valid point of view (and thought the same myself) as someone pointed out that this was a BETA release in order to find bugs, make suggestions, etc. If you chose to spend plat on items in a beta test, that is your own choice but it still doesn't change the fact that it was a beta or test/debug release. Yes, I agree that STS could have made that point a little more clear, but at the end of the day the elixirs and plat gear were choices, not forced upon anyone.

Once upon a time I was part of beta testing for Halo 2 Xbox Live, and guess what? After the test was up and the launch happened, all stats were wiped and gear reset...everything. At least STS is letting you keep your gear and levels.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I'm jealous of halo beta!!! Please can I touch you?!?! Lol jk!!

STS in my view has and will keep doing the right thing...

No way no how will everyone agree, we each have our own, and just like our rear end they usually stink to everybody but ourselves! Lol

To all those in beta... Be glad you get to keep your progress and were able to take part of the building process of what will be an epic game!

My opinion (which stinks)... Those complaining about what happens after beta.... Were not part of true beta testers, yes they may have pointed out bugs, but I don't think they were actively looking for them.... If they were, they would not be whining about how unfair it is that certain things will not be kept and they will not be rewarded...

True beta testers (you know who your are).... Actually TOOK the TIME to explore every minute detail and aspect of every little detail of every level, clicked on every inch, tried to walk through every wall, all the while not worrying who has what or who is first.... The tried and true, are the ones that care about the game and what it can be!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

That's why it's so laughable to talk about rewards for beta testers (or the "Founders"). Yes, some help find bugs. But many were just there to play the game and let others deal with the reporting. To say that they all equally deserve to be rewarded is preposterous, bc many already got their reward already by getting a head start (even if they didn't report a single bug).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    That's why it's so laughable to talk about rewards for beta testers (or the "Founders"). Yes, some help find bugs. But many were just there to play the game and let others deal with the reporting. To say that they all equally deserve to be rewarded is preposterous, bc many already got their reward already by getting a head start (even if they didn't report a single bug).
    Let it go. That was not a B-E-T-A pre-release launch. I think most people would be okay with devs giving the SL beta testers some sort of reward someday.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 07-20-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lucilulu View Post

Dopeydaddy
    Lucilulu
    Um you did get to keep your xp all your drops and all your gold as well as get to play the game weeks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Perhaps the current leaders on the beta leaderboards should receive some sort of compensation for their troubles.
    I would agree only if they got those kills honestly. If they kill boosted no. STS is not required to compensate players. Sometimes they do to be fair but I think there was too much kill farming going on.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20
    Timbabird lvl 55 Oldsillymage lvl 50+

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    • Players receive no kill count if the victim can never give xp.
    • No kill counts granted if the victim is too low level.
    • Players will receive no kill counts if they have disabled xp gain.
    So no kills count no matter what if xp is disabled? So I'm a level 51 farming for pinks in BS, the enemies are higher level than I am and the "victim" could give xp, but I won't get a kill simply because xp is disabled? That seems a bit harsh simply to stop boosters, but if that is the new direction of the game I have officially lost all motivation to play. The farming of scaled BS pinks was keeping me going, but if I don't even get a kill for doing something that is harder than normal what's the point?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

And such is the problem with an open beta- the point of the beta is to find bugs and issues so the full game is released smoothly (as they said above ^) and not tk rack up tons of gold or kills and try to get a huge headstart on LB beofre its released. I saw many, many, great testers that posted issues and bugs in here that went into patches. That deserves a big thanks from the community IMO. But i think thats all the beta testers should recieve. Since this is an open beta you either reward all or none. The xp, gold and the awesome opportunity to test SL is a great reward. And for the reason of plat being in it, Sts isn't exactly doing this just for fun, they need $ to support million dollar technology and earn $. Also the platnium purchase items, and upgradable chars was being tested in thr beta.

P.s. As for lesrider, your righg most PL founders did not report bugs or issues. I know i didn't, I was just a noob like most of us, trying to figure it out. Yet we stuck through lag, rough gameplay, and durastic changesthat make GCD look tame.

End of Rant.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm pretty much happy with this game...no complaints.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49319&dateline=131232  4660
    Cappinkiosk <Pay It Forward>
    -Dead Shot Mafia- Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dcichoracki View Post
    The point of beta testing seems to have been lost. They should get what every other tester does: the thanks of STS dev team. Beta testing isn't about glory or leaderboards, it's about helping work out the kinks; and, devs, thanks for the opportunity to help out, I've enjoyed it!
    Samhayne CLEARLY stated pre-release that all data would be transfered to the real game and that the beta would be a soft launch. I highly doubt anyone would farm for kills the way that they did if it would mean nothing two weeks later. I know it wasn't a legal promise or anything, but a heads up before the beta would have been nice instead of telling us when the actual game is just around the corner.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

My other. Question is the warning they just put on the load screen about all player data being reset. Does this mean all purchased gear, implants, and larger inventory spots are being erased along with character levels? That would be more like erasing all the apple player's data before the android release happened. Its not fair. Tell me if I read this wrong (I might have)

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arischal View Post
    My other. Question is the warning they just put on the load screen about all player data being reset. Does this mean all purchased gear, implants, and larger inventory spots are being erased along with character levels? That would be more like erasing all the apple player's data before the android release happened. Its not fair. Tell me if I read this wrong (I might have)
    We do not have plans at this time to adjust anything further than erasing the K/D stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

As top commando in pve kills at lvl 21 I'm glad you guys are doing this. All my kills was earned farming stim packs and credits. I welcome the challenge of ios and other droid users, but be warned its not gonna be easy . Also the whole beta tester or leader board reward don't bother we got enough of a reward testing the game and keeping are toons. See you guys in game and can't wait for the ios and other droids to join us.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends