Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends Beta Leaderboards to be Wiped for Launch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did they really beta test, as in submitting bugs? Or did they just play? They could have any unprotected name they wanted. Maybe they should have to wait two weeks while the rest of us catch up. They got plenty of compensation.
    BG 2:12 Never at any time did I not exist, nor you, nor all these kings, and never shall we cease to exist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello guys!

Im a beta tester in Star Legends, let me say game run smooth, Like it!. Sometimes it flickers but hey probably is my phone. Thx android for lettng us try the game. Can wait for full release on ipad. It promisses lotz of new adventure.

Thx Spacetime Studios.

JulsAngel - Operative

JulsAngel - Archer lvl 56 Customized Crown and Armor w/ Sewer King's Bow
    JulsDemon - Enchantress lvl 32 Full Onyx Set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gnॐ View Post
    Did they really beta test, as in submitting bugs? Or did they just play? They could have any unprotected name they wanted. Maybe they should have to wait two weeks while the rest of us catch up. They got plenty of compensation.
    Sure did get my name and also found 4 major bugs / glitches and played the game. Just feel you guys are holding a grudge on us beta testers. It has to stop not are fault apple doesn't approve unfinished apps, if anything go to apple forums and complain to them. Some of us actually found bugs and glitches while othees played no biggie that how they choose their way to test. Feel an apple vs android battle pursuing again.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

That's the thing. I (and I'm sure others)question the need for a beta in the first place. PL had bugs and continues to have bugs after every update/patch. There was never a beta but Apple accepted it anyway. We the players just pointed out bugs while playing. So you're going to tell me that STS's second game, which likely would be much more polished on release than PL simply because they already have a sound foundation with PL to work off of, wouldn't be accepted by Apple without first having a droid beta? Sorry, don't buy it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I think that the decision was so that when lord knows how many people download the full version that it is a little bettet polished for everyone. There have been a ton of bugs, both small and large found through the beta that have been corrected.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    That's the thing. I (and I'm sure others)question the need for a beta in the first place. PL had bugs and continues to have bugs after every update/patch. There was never a beta but Apple accepted it anyway. We the players just pointed out bugs while playing. So you're going to tell me that STS's second game, which likely would be much more polished on release than PL simply because they already have a sound foundation with PL to work off of, wouldn't be accepted by Apple without first having a droid beta? Sorry, don't buy it.
    Ok so the game is released to everyone and someone finds a major bug that needs a new client update to be fixed. That's another 1-2 weeks just to make sure the new client works. During beta these types of bugs are supposed to be a lot easier to fix and test. That's the reason that I remember from the devs. There's plenty of information on this that's been provided.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Everyone who is flaming us for being able to beta test knock it off please we have already beta tested they arnt gunna shut the beta down just because you guys are whining so might as well stop there is nothing you can do but wait and be patience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

First off, here's a tissue.

Gears of War 3 had a beta. A rather long beta. Same people made Gears of War 2. But why not just release Gears 3 right away right? I mean let's just find the bugs while we're playing on Live and submit them and everything will be fine wooooo!!!. Then let's have thousands of angry people complaining constantly about bugs and glitches and how they can't play because the servers are down. Definitely a great strategy.

Or, we can have a beta period where things are tested, rewards are limited, and bugs and glitches are found to make the game more enjoyable for everyone else to play upon release. The game wasn't accepted by Apple because they don't accept incomplete apps. If they did, then there would be a beta period on iOS as well. Stop your whining, grow a pair, and deal with it. There's more things to do in the world than sit in front of your phone screen.

Or you can just go get an Android phone.

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

apple guild vs android guild? lmao JK jk JK

sts will never ever get away from this battle... Then when pc hits. Oh my
    Last edited by Diodge; 07-21-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diodge View Post
    apple guild vs android guild? lmao JK jk JK
    Could happen, but knowing Apple they'll make you pay 1.29 to start a guild., not be able to back up the information, and then crash and make you rebuy access *cough* iTunes *cough*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

First off, I don't care that much. I'm not even sure I'll play much when it does come out.
    I'm just so tired of hearing how much hard work the beta testers did and how they deserve to be rewarded for their troubles. They played a game. They happened to have the right phone that allowed them to do so earlier. Let's give them all Nobel prizes for that. And throw a party in their name. Oh and don't forget to give them an advantage with an item that no one else will ever be able to get.

Because they played a game.

I don't care so much that I'm not playing. But don't insult my intelligence by telling me that It's Apple's fault that I'm not playing at the same time as others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not hatin on anyone. Just sayin they got their compensation.

Apple not clearing a beta? It was release 1.0, not beta. Look at the release notes. Beta is less than 1. Back away from the koolaid.
    BG 2:12 Never at any time did I not exist, nor you, nor all these kings, and never shall we cease to exist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

I will insult your intelligence then, because it is Apple's fault. If they accepted incompleted applications, you'd be playing right now.
    Posted in April 2011, a company was trying to get beta testers to use an app called "Okawix" which I guess is an offline wikipedia browser for AOS and iOS. Here is what they reported shortly after.
    "Many happy owners of Android, iPad or iPhone devices offered to help, and we are very grateful to them. Thank you very much!
    Sadly things didn’t turn out the way we expected, and we had to give up this idea The main reason is that it was not really possible to set up the beta test for the iPad and iPhone version: if we we want to test our application, we must first make it available on the Apple store; but Apple doesn’t accept beta versions on its Apple Store… A bit hard to understand. How can we improve the software and correct the bugs if we can’t have beta testers to use it? Well, there’s something I can’t really understand… I think something is wrong with their policy. I understand the will of Apple to ensure to their users the best possible quality. But then they should find a way to offer the possibility to test beta versions…"

There you go. Apple even now has a "squatter period" of 90 days for applications submitted to their store. The people who submit them had been spamming the store with every possible idea for "iThis" or "iThat" or "_______ Sync" hoping developers would buy the name and make the application. Apple imposed the 90 day period that if a binary file isnt uploaded and the application made in 90 days, the app gets deleted. That's for apps that aren't even MADE yet. Their TOS 100% says no betas. This is a beta.

Good Fight. Good Day. Game, Set, Match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    Could happen, but knowing Apple they'll make you pay 1.29 to start a guild., not be able to back up the information, and then crash and make you rebuy access *cough* iTunes *cough*
    And the droid one would have malware and max it's members credit cards on eBay...look this is first beta I can recall where the testers got to keep anything. The idea of needing to be rewarded is silly. The reward is getting is getting to play the game early. It's not like a year ago sts told people "if you stick around for a year we will give you a helm guaranteed to get you flammed." said it before getting to keep levels (if you used elixirs you got your value here even if kills are cleared) and items and gold is a HUGE advantage and you should be happy with what you have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

And I'll point you back to the fact that Apple accepted PL when it was in an even less developed state than SL. SL right now is only a beta bc STS is calling it so. If they truly wanted to release the game at the same time on all devices, they could have done so. That obviously was not part of their plan. And btw, not even all Droid users could get in on the beta, so please stop pulling this crap. It has nothing to do with which phones would allow it, but which phones/companies STS decided to release to earlier. It's an exclusive, not a beta. What World of Midgard is coming out with is a beta. Last I read of it, there isn't even much to do in their game yet besides walk around and find bugs. But PL is a full-fledged game just as (or moreso) than PL was when it first came out.

Edit: Btw, have you had to download any updates yet or they were all patches? Since the notes have been all patches, I'm guessing you haven't had to download anything but a patch since the initial download of the game. So same thing could have been done with Apple. Most of their bug fixes in PL have gone through patches, so to say we would all have to wait two weeks for Apple to approve bug fixes is again pretending like this is the first game STS has made for mobile devices. We have seen how it their games/updates/patches are maintained and trying to fool me into thinking otherwise is not going to work.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 07-21-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's right les. Spacetime used the best and simplest option to limit the people playing beta so they could make the game smooth for the whole crew in a few weeks. The Devs get swarmed with repeat bug reports, angry players, and questions. They needed a way to test the product without letting us all in at once. It wasn't favoritism.
    As for wom, the beta now is a prebeta rarely done. They game is barely playable at this point. This is the first of three beta sessions.
    Charmonda: He started dancing on me and so I started dancing on him. You now how we do:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Edit: Btw, have you had to download any updates yet or they were all patches? Since the notes have been all patches, I'm guessing you haven't had to download anything but a patch since the initial download of the game. So same thing could have been done with Apple. Most of their bug fixes in PL have gone through patches, so to say we would all have to wait two weeks for Apple to approve bug fixes is again pretending like this is the first game STS has made for mobile devices. We have seen how it their games/updates/patches are maintained and trying to fool me into thinking otherwise is not going to work.
    Less than a week into beta the app was submitted to apple. With nothing major hindering beta testers I'm guessing the devs found it easier to include major fixes in the new client. If there had been something that needed fixing, the devs were already poised to take care of it with the limited beta. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
    Quoted from Samhayne so the devs don't have to come explain this again:
    "You guys are looking at this the wrong way. The V CAST Android players are bug testing the game. Those who play when it goes full release on Apple App Store and Android Market will benefit from the pain and suffering of all the bugs they had to endure and get to play a more polished game.

Ok, ok, all spin aside, the team is working hard to make Star Legends the best it can be, but we still want, as originally stated, the opportunity to fix bugs with a limited soft launch. We can't do that on Apple's App Store, so we're partnering with Verizon to do it via the V CAST Media Manager. I feel like you guys are looking for some sinister reason we're tormenting iOS players. That is not our intention at all. As JustG stated earlier in the thread, if we could do a limited beta through Apple we would. But we can't. Thanks in advance for your understanding. "

This and every variation of this answer can be found here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Verizon-V-CAST
    Judgementime - 21 operative
    Judgementimee - 1 engineer
    Judgementday- 3 commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

We having an argument over the definition of a beta? LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    Go back and read dipstick
    Whether you are right or wrong about anything else, you are wrong to call names. If you have a valid point, then this only muddies it up. I know. I do it myself. It's not a wise maneuver.