Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Design Blog] About the Antignome Set

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Vroom thanks for the extra TLC in creating this thorough explanation. After the power curve settles properly, can we expect gear to return to 'works everywhere' status or will we see further departmentalization of gear, like additional zone sets or pvp-only gear?
    Last edited by Niixed; 04-22-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intrepd View Post
    Sorry just wanna make sure, when we upgrade the set the original stats evolves too right?
    Not sharing too many details yet, but in the end you'll be able to have both completed sets in your inventory. We're currently not planning to remove your old set in order for you to get the new set, so they would be items with their own stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    Vroom thanks for the extra TLC in creating this thorough explanation. After the power curve settles properly, can we expect gear to return to 'works everywhere' status or will we see further departmentalization of gear, like additional zone sets or pvp-only gear?
    There will definitely be gear in the future that is strong everywhere, but we're currently leaning away from "This is the best gear no matter what I do in the game" to give players more options and availability. This is mostly dealing in the "best of the best" tier of gear, and there will be plenty of very strong options along the way to "the best".
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    There will definitely be gear in the future that is strong everywhere, but we're currently leaning away from "This is the best gear no matter what I do in the game" to give players more options and availability. This is mostly dealing in the "best of the best" tier of gear, and there will be plenty of very strong options along the way to "the best".
    Ok thanks for the clarification. I admit I'm worried about taking gear in this direction. As Ravager pointed out, having too much gear for players to manage can be major drag on gameplay. Players will end up spending our precious resources, our time and gold, on managing gear and respec-ing our skill builds.

During gameplay, things change quickly and often. For example you might be called on to join a CTF clash game just after you finished running an Elite dungeon. And, right before that Elite dungeon you tried a timed run in a normal map and before that you were standing in Expedition camp looking shiny with a banner and before that you were goofing off in the guild hall with pets. Having to switch everything constantly throws up barriers and makes game relationships harder to maintain. If my friend calls me to pvp moments after I finished switching to my underhul gear and spec, I'm not going to want to go help him or her.

Again, with gear that's the 'best everywhere' we didn't have to think about switching our gear. Now we have to worry about gear sets, jewels (yes the antignome buff def helps on that front, but that's a band-aid), and respec-ing. If this is the direction gear will go, please consider an overhaul of how gear and respecs are managed in the client. Loadouts that are accessible on the main screen and having multiple skill builds that you can switch between (and don't have to pay for every time) would be very positive steps.

Gear sets that are zone-specific increase overhead costs, both for the players and for the developer. If you do ultimately go that route, I want to ensure devs are prepared to absorb the extra develompent costs needed to ensure gameplay is not impeded. What truly makes this game is fun is the people we play with and the friendships we develop. Those relationships are STS' most precious resource, imo.
    Last edited by Niixed; 04-23-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default [Design Blog] About the Antignome Set

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    Ok thanks for the clarification. I admit I'm worried about taking gear in this direction. As Ravager pointed out, having too much gear for players to manage can be major drag on gameplay. Players will end up spending our precious resources, our time and gold, on managing gear and respec-ing our skill builds.

During gameplay, things change quickly and often. For example you might be called on to join a CTF clash game just after you finished running an Elite dungeon. And, right before that Elite dungeon you tried a timed run in a normal map and before that you were standing in Expedition camp looking shiny with a banner and before that you were goofing off in the guild hall with pets. Having to switch everything constantly throws up barriers and makes game relationships harder to maintain. If my friend calls me to pvp moments after I finished switching to my underhul gear and spec, I'm not going to want to go help him or her.

Again, with gear that's the 'best everywhere' we didn't have to think about switching our gear. Now we have to worry about gear sets, jewels (yes the antignome buff def helps on that front, but that's a band-aid), and respec-ing. If this is the direction gear will go, please consider an overhaul of how gear and respecs are managed in the client. Loadouts that are accessible on the main screen and having multiple skill builds that you can switch between (and don't have to pay for every time) would be very positive steps.

Gear sets that are zone-specific increase overhead costs, both for the players and for the developer. If you do ultimately go that route, I want to ensure devs are prepared to absorb the extra develompent costs needed to ensure gameplay is not impeded. What truly makes this game is fun is the people we play with and the friendships we develop. Those relationships are STS' most precious resource, imo.
    I definitely agree with this. This gear should work both in pvp and pve based. Devs pls look into this, gamers will have a difficult time in switching gears as this will be a hassle/tiresome in our side. I suggest you can let us used this and for set there should be at least a bonus if one aquire min like 2 items of the set to be able for him to at least withstand in pvp.
    Last edited by Shimada; 04-26-2016 at 07:13 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    I am confused. So upgraded set Will not require current antignome set to make? or is it just leaving the old set beind also after upgrading it to further?
    You will require the original Anti-Gnome set to begin acquiring the pieces for the upgraded one, but you wil not lose the base set as part of the upgrade process I believe is what Vroom is saying. Everything is always subject to change of course, as it is still in development. We need to be careful that this doesn't produce unintended consequences as part of the process.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com