Thread: Item/pet rarity classifications have lost their meaning

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default Item/pet rarity classifications have lost their meaning

Item/pet rarity classifications (common, rare, epic, legendary, mythic & arcane) have lost its meaning.

Item/pet rarity classifies and defines the scope/magnitude/utilization/power level of items/pets and presents the infrastructure for evaluation and development.

At the moment, i would like to bring up the issue that item/pet rarity has lost its meaning and in my opinion i belive that this is the root of the lack of proper item/pet progression and in effect has created an ecomomic and game experience imbalance.

One active step that STS is doing is inserting new item rarities and i belive this is escalating the problem.

Another step that STS has done is create multiple version of the same item with the same rarity yet wil slight variations before it was (assault/potency... Then came assault, will, tactics, grace - warrior gear reference) though i cant put it into the right words as i would hope but ill try, this creates unecessary surplus wherein the inherit value(game currency) of the optimal version of the item type begins to have a n enormus gap with the least optimal version and i neffect , in time will accelerate the depreciation of the item type value.

An immediate effect of this situation is the immediate near instant devalutation of the bottom rarities (common, rare, epic)... Then the impending devaluation of the mid rairity (legendary) and eventually creates an indecernable diference with the top rarity (mythic,arcane) .... This is already happening... And it is currently 'compensated' thru introduction of new rarities (set) and over saturation of a specific rarity(mythics) and this inadvertently will plataue the item/pet power progression... Makes sense? Maybe not.

But if it does.... It will only continue to slowly devaluate item/pet rarities, one rarity at a time meaning at the end, only the top rarity (arcanes) will be useful. This is already starting to happen, legendary rarity items are no longer 'useful' yes maybe they are bearable but unlike before they were acceptable subsittutes now... Not even close... The itsm ingame currency value proves this.

Thus this post is intended to raise this issue to STS and hofefully can prevent future issues.

Thansk for reading

Maarkus

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post: