Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Item/pet rarity classifications have lost their meaning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default Item/pet rarity classifications have lost their meaning

Item/pet rarity classifications (common, rare, epic, legendary, mythic & arcane) have lost its meaning.

Item/pet rarity classifies and defines the scope/magnitude/utilization/power level of items/pets and presents the infrastructure for evaluation and development.

At the moment, i would like to bring up the issue that item/pet rarity has lost its meaning and in my opinion i belive that this is the root of the lack of proper item/pet progression and in effect has created an ecomomic and game experience imbalance.

One active step that STS is doing is inserting new item rarities and i belive this is escalating the problem.

Another step that STS has done is create multiple version of the same item with the same rarity yet wil slight variations before it was (assault/potency... Then came assault, will, tactics, grace - warrior gear reference) though i cant put it into the right words as i would hope but ill try, this creates unecessary surplus wherein the inherit value(game currency) of the optimal version of the item type begins to have a n enormus gap with the least optimal version and i neffect , in time will accelerate the depreciation of the item type value.

An immediate effect of this situation is the immediate near instant devalutation of the bottom rarities (common, rare, epic)... Then the impending devaluation of the mid rairity (legendary) and eventually creates an indecernable diference with the top rarity (mythic,arcane) .... This is already happening... And it is currently 'compensated' thru introduction of new rarities (set) and over saturation of a specific rarity(mythics) and this inadvertently will plataue the item/pet power progression... Makes sense? Maybe not.

But if it does.... It will only continue to slowly devaluate item/pet rarities, one rarity at a time meaning at the end, only the top rarity (arcanes) will be useful. This is already starting to happen, legendary rarity items are no longer 'useful' yes maybe they are bearable but unlike before they were acceptable subsittutes now... Not even close... The itsm ingame currency value proves this.

Thus this post is intended to raise this issue to STS and hofefully can prevent future issues.

Thansk for reading

Maarkus

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I agree with you Maarkus. Whether in real life or in a game, having rare or luxury items make people feel good.

The new system makes it hard to get excited about new weapons because it has no rarity. When a new mythic weapon comes out, it used to mean that you had an advantage over other players, which usually lasted a few months, giving others something to work towards in that time. Do you know what new mythic weapons mean now? It means everyone go spend 2m for a new one and by next week we'll all be equal again. The only thing that changes is your 2m is gone, you spend one day transferring jewels and the name of your weapon changes. After that, everyone is back to status quo and that's why it's difficult to get excited about new items.

Set rarity is blah! It was a failure for 2/3 classes last season. So far this season it's not looking too good unless you're a pve only player. Mixed players will need to own 2 different sets, including 2 different sets of jewels. That's unreasonable.

Moreover, right now the only difference between a rich and poor player is their jewels. Having noble jewels over fortified doesn't exactly wet my whistle. I'd like to see rarity come back like it was in season 5 or 6

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Binlaggin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Wow I was just thinking the other day of making a thread asking sts to pls explain there rarity system cuz there old system does not hold true any more so it would be nice 2 have some clarification

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Dear STS,

Can you kindly shed some light on item/pet rarity and its relevance in your new concept of gear progression .

Thanks

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Another nice thread of Maarkus with legit questions.
    Deserves a bump as deserves answers too, sincerely hope devs will answer soon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kharjojo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

They are working on it, look at "set", and i think more will come

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

i think a major factor in this is the free mythic sets that were distributed. now farming for everything except weapons is pointless as no gear under 51 and probably not much farmable gear over 51 can match it (except for antignome set, which only useful in new maps). so there goes the gear progression too. i get that STS probly wanted everyone to start the expansion on more or less the same footing, which is a) great if you were undergeared or b) infuriating if you weren't. i do support the move away from massive differences in gear though, and believe that all gear should, in principle, be available to farmers, even if it requires extreme dedication to achieve if FTP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Item/pet rarity classifications (common, rare, epic, legendary, mythic & arcane) have lost its meaning.

Item/pet rarity classifies and defines the scope/magnitude/utilization/power level of items/pets and presents the infrastructure for evaluation and development.

At the moment, i would like to bring up the issue that item/pet rarity has lost its meaning and in my opinion i belive that this is the root of the lack of proper item/pet progression and in effect has created an ecomomic and game experience imbalance.

One active step that STS is doing is inserting new item rarities and i belive this is escalating the problem.

Another step that STS has done is create multiple version of the same item with the same rarity yet wil slight variations before it was (assault/potency... Then came assault, will, tactics, grace - warrior gear reference) though i cant put it into the right words as i would hope but ill try, this creates unecessary surplus wherein the inherit value(game currency) of the optimal version of the item type begins to have a n enormus gap with the least optimal version and i neffect , in time will accelerate the depreciation of the item type value.

An immediate effect of this situation is the immediate near instant devalutation of the bottom rarities (common, rare, epic)... Then the impending devaluation of the mid rairity (legendary) and eventually creates an indecernable diference with the top rarity (mythic,arcane) .... This is already happening... And it is currently 'compensated' thru introduction of new rarities (set) and over saturation of a specific rarity(mythics) and this inadvertently will plataue the item/pet power progression... Makes sense? Maybe not.

But if it does.... It will only continue to slowly devaluate item/pet rarities, one rarity at a time meaning at the end, only the top rarity (arcanes) will be useful. This is already starting to happen, legendary rarity items are no longer 'useful' yes maybe they are bearable but unlike before they were acceptable subsittutes now... Not even close... The itsm ingame currency value proves this.

Thus this post is intended to raise this issue to STS and hofefully can prevent future issues.

Thansk for reading

Maarkus
    Dear STS,
    I really feel that i need to revisit this thread.

Recent release of gear has me completely perplexed:
    1. Lvl52 arcane amulet with no proc, them upgradable to 54 then recieves proc... I wont even bother to comment on stats as it is shameful.
    2. New lvl51 mythics... Whats the point?

As me tione above mentioned items is exactly why i implore you to reasses you concept of gear/item/pet rarity as its lost its meaning.

There was a time when legendary, mythic and arcane rarity had significant power levels yet at the same time had significant uses not this is no longer apparent.

Im not saying buff items to give godlike stats but atleast review its usefullness. Because all your hard work is wasted on items which are becoming undesirable at such a quick rate.

Please dont respond by saying 'dont worry, lvl56 mythic comming out soon' cos that will just prove that you have released items that will be inefficient within a short period of time.

I hope that this issue is addressed.

Thanks fpr reading.

Maarkus

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Dear STS,
    I really feel that i need to revisit this thread.

Recent release of gear has me completely perplexed:
    1. Lvl52 arcane amulet with no proc, them upgradable to 54 then recieves proc... I wont even bother to comment on stats as it is shameful.
    2. New lvl51 mythics... Whats the point?

As me tione above mentioned items is exactly why i implore you to reasses you concept of gear/item/pet rarity as its lost its meaning.

There was a time when legendary, mythic and arcane rarity had significant power levels yet at the same time had significant uses not this is no longer apparent.

Im not saying buff items to give godlike stats but atleast review its usefullness. Because all your hard work is wasted on items which are becoming undesirable at such a quick rate.

Please dont respond by saying 'dont worry, lvl56 mythic comming out soon' cos that will just prove that you have released items that will be inefficient within a short period of time.

I hope that this issue is addressed.

Thanks fpr reading.

Maarkus
    I would like to point out that both the planar pendant and arcane ring are the biggest reasons that gar progression seems futile. Yes, new gear isn't leaps and bounds ahead of old gear like imbueds, but it has its advantages. Currently, there is nothing that comes near the survival boost the arcane ring and planar pendant provide. This is largely because they are multiclass items, something that STS seems to be steering away from. Once they become outdated (most likely by giving other jewellery too much extra damage to be ignored), I believe that gear progression will seem to have more meaning.

As far as pet progression goes, in the current state of economy, everyone has at least 1 arcane pet. If they don't, they can easily get one. And no pet comes close to being as useful as Nekro. The only possible alternatives are other arcane pets. I understand what you mean when you say that "arcane" rarity means nothing, but we must move on and think of it as the new legendary. Any other pet is common and the best thing to do with those eggs are to sell them as they will have no use as long as Nekro is still obtainable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I would like to point out that both the planar pendant and arcane ring are the biggest reasons that gar progression seems futile. Yes, new gear isn't leaps and bounds ahead of old gear like imbueds, but it has its advantages. Currently, there is nothing that comes near the survival boost the arcane ring and planar pendant provide. This is largely because they are multiclass items, something that STS seems to be steering away from. Once they become outdated (most likely by giving other jewellery too much extra damage to be ignored), I believe that gear progression will seem to have more meaning.

As far as pet progression goes, in the current state of economy, everyone has at least 1 arcane pet. If they don't, they can easily get one. And no pet comes close to being as useful as Nekro. The only possible alternatives are other arcane pets. I understand what you mean when you say that "arcane" rarity means nothing, but we must move on and think of it as the new legendary. Any other pet is common and the best thing to do with those eggs are to sell them as they will have no use as long as Nekro is still obtainable.
    Thanks for the input.

My main concern is as you pointed out, arcane ls are the new legendary. i personaaly have no issues with the current availability of arcanes my issue is that its lost its meaning and the other rarities are left behind. Why not make useful legendaries? The thing is the current solution to gear progression is to inject new types of rarities and expand mythics ... Nothing wrong with that but the power levels are not studied well, and the 'power brakets' are not defined as by the examlle of arcane amulet being not as efficient as exisitng planar pendants.

Simply put the item rarity concept has been lost and i really think that STS needs to take pause, understand the rarity concept, re establish the rairity brackets then plan progression , cos at the moment they are just dishing out things that dont make a lot of sense... ( personal opinion of ourse i can be wrong)

Look at the items of the past... They were very much related not just in power level but also to the AL lore, maul, razor, keshal... Aside from the power level ghe prok was also related to the founders, this gives value, and the proc gives value.

Thanks for reading

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Thansk for reading

Maarkus
    Dear STS,

Please review your concept of item rarity as it is clear that gear progression is 'a mess' i wanted to expand but i can't make myself as im about to give up on u guys.

Please understand PVE balance does not equate to PVP balance thus please look into two separate settings for class power level in each field.

Also as a consumer... Evaluate ur product... Since when has an arcane pet released at the same time been cheaper than its mythic counterpart? Isnt this a sign? Can u atleast acknowledge that@@

Thanks

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Sir Maarkus, you have simply left me speechless, I remember during early last season, if you see a person with an arcane weapon, you're like utterly :O, I mean, everyone had a legendary weapon, and they were happy with it, they were useful tbh, unlike now, legendaries are meh, only assault, brut, potency, force ( and sometimes,.. warefare) are bought out of all the types that are majorly just filling the market, Imo, if types of gear were balanced like the imbued ones, which are really balanced, we would see variety of armors, stats, unlike nowadays...
    I'm pretty sure the trigger to these events were the introduction of glintstone weapons, and right after them, 3rd bday... (black week in the history of AL, but most players enjoyed It tbh, including me, no hypocrisy), yeah as Maarkus stated, rn since everyone has nekro, and the same gear, the only difference is the tier of jewels they have, other arcane pets are barely bought, and IMO, it's really "arcane" how Mishi is cheaper then Hisha, its mythic counterpart >.> .( finally got a chance to use the word arcane woot).
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

dont release a variety in same types of mythic..example like glinstone aegis got toughness,vigor,might,grit (this kinda new thing do affecting how the ecnomy in AL since players doesnt mattr u rich or poor will only choose the best one while the other same type with lesser stats are not desired too much ended in low price)...one more thing dont jump to release the high endgame item too soon when u going for a large lvl expansion gap...actually i was expecting lvl 51 arcanes or 56 mythic to be released in Ursoth event..but then its arcanes 56??now what we going to expect for 56 mythic weapons in future??does it exist or not??if it does sure it will going hv lesser stats/proc (another crap mythic weapons) compared to new arcanes and ppl stil going for the 56 arcanes or even 46 arcane and mythic (dragon sword and glinstone aegis)..why am i saying like this cuz sts allready stated that they wan player to be in the right blah blah blah curve..r u going to think 56 mythic going to be better then 46 arc/mythic or 56 arcanes??ive seen it before from mythic 51 tank flame hammer its totally crap (go check cs now how much the MYTHIC flame hammer price now to tell u how crap it is..even previous expansion weapons are much higher in price : Maul Of Ollerus/Vigilant Pavise of Fitness)..so 56 mythic going to be JUSTTTTT a lil bit better then 51 mythics..think about it sts..dont be greedy on getting money but in the end u messed up the game..

before this u released an OP weapons (proc) but not the highest rarity just to make certain class to be desired running some hard maps..and now u released items with the highest rarity but with less stats/proc..we truly hv lost the meaning of item rarity now..

most of my expression is based on warrior progression
    Last edited by dinzly; 07-06-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Dude you sure its lost its meaning?

Well awhile ago someone wanted to nerf nekro cause he say its too OP and nekro was Arcane :/
    The one who make its lost meaning is you if you wanted to nerf a Arcane rarity items/pet.
    And if Arcane item was too OP then it will make inbalance in game. Arcane proc/AA was already test out(i guess since it was a test server in past)
    If you want it still have the meaning try to avoid making a nerf thread :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    Dude you sure its lost its meaning?

Well awhile ago someone wanted to nerf nekro cause he say its too OP and nekro was Arcane :/
    The one who make its lost meaning is you if you wanted to nerf a Arcane rarity items/pet.
    And if Arcane item was too OP then it will make inbalance in game. Arcane proc/AA was already test out(i guess since it was a test server in past)
    If you want it still have the meaning try to avoid making a nerf thread :/
    u sure u in a right thread??this isnt "nerf this buff that" thread..this thread was made to look for whats the meaning of items/pet rarity at this moment on Underhul expansion..cuz right now u can see that mythics are new legendary (legendary items is in RARE rarity now as some of them got no nice stats and proc) while arcanes are mythics now and that is especially on weapons while its hard or take a very long time to make pets lost its rarity value (price,stats,hard to get)..we just got new arcanes few months ago and few mythics from last year major events..and now we get new arcanes from Ursoth Assault..sometimes its good for player to max out their toon potential with better stats and cool proc to play pvp or run the hardest maps but sometimes it'll ruined the game (too many mythics and arcanes causing the upset of AL economy as there are too many choices of items u can use causing only some of it will be the people's choice and the longer lasting shiny-should be weapons are being outdated too fast when sts keep releasing new myth and arcs thus causing lower rarity item become too cheap *excluding low lvl pvp items*)..see now how cs are flooded with mythics and arcane weapons (good one bad one)..mythics especially got varieties with less stats to the best stats even for the same type of weapon..legendary rarity weapons are less needed now or can be considered as crap unlike before this..so right now we just wanna know what is that COMMON/EPIC/RARE/MYTHIC/SET/ARCANE??does it means it is items that holds the highest value in gold (price unstable or keep dropping now) or hard to find items (3 arc weapons released in a very short of time and mythics got varieties of same type now) or just something that gv u better stats than others (i can see now some myth and arcs not gving u a good stats/proc compared to past items)??

now about pets..this one is actually something different...lower rarity pets are going to be more like higher rarity pets..legendaries can overpowerd arcanes..see now how pets with less then 1m or 500k can beat 3m+ pet..

so tell me what is the meaning of items/pets rarity???
    Last edited by dinzly; 07-06-2016 at 02:23 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dinzly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Best items in the game should not be found in lockeds should be found in maps or crafted. So i think the set items are a really good idea. I dont see why you guys complain about arcane weapons being so cheap? Thats good. Now in pvp you dont kill someone just bcs you are better equipt but because you Know to use your skills and pets better. The only expensive thing in the game should be vanities or any other items that dont affect game play. Stop winning about not making enough gold from your arcane items looted in chest and go farm the items you need dont just buy them.

And if arcane and mythic items become rare should only give you just a tiny bit more advantage not the big difference we see now in game between items.
    Last edited by Memnochthedevil; 07-06-2016 at 07:43 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Memnochthedevil For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

If you do not like an item do not buy the it.you are not forced to buy anything. Use what you like and sell what u don't.

If there is a problem with their entire loot system I'm sure they are aware lol...

Close this thread just a nerf/buff thread in disguise.must not have liked the new arcanes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye229 View Post
    If you do not like an item do not buy the it.you are not forced to buy anything. Use what you like and sell what u don't.

If there is a problem with their entire loot system I'm sure they are aware lol...

Close this thread just a nerf/buff thread in disguise.must not have liked the new arcanes.
    Sad to see how Maarkus, who is one of the most mature players I know and who has done nothing but advocate class balance and better gear progression, gets accused of writing nerf/buff threads for personal gain. He has played this game for as long as I know and along with me and other old players experienced its peaks and troughs. The item progression in this game IS out of control, and it is affecting the way the game is played. It IS a problem when items of supposed prestige (Arcanes, Mythics) are owned by every other player on the map. it IS also a problem when Arcanes and Mythics make all other gears irrelevant and not worth farming.

Sorry, but I think Maarkus and the points he has raised in this thread deserve more credit than you and others have given.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye229 View Post

So blind to what is if front of you yet you speak so loudly of it, same goes to memnochthedevil and freddystern.

I apologize that you do not understand what this post is about but i would appreciate that you do not comment on something u do not fully understand.

Thanks

Maarkus

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

i will comment on a post where they want the prices of arcane items to go back to tindirin expansion before collapse, where to get an arcane item was alot harder that it is today to loot a set item. Did you find it normal that the arcane ring was 100m+? That samuel was 30m and maul 27?
    You want prestige farm the new set. You bought your set or any other item that is rare in this season so you dont know the value of farming. Go spend a couple of hours a day and run for that set and then will speck about the value of arcane items and mythics. If would make you happier ask sts to switch set items to be arcane items. Some ppl make the money by opening lockeds others by farming.

The prices of arcane and mythics have a good price price right now. They should maybe make the farmed items be the best not the ones where all you have to do is buy some lockeds and opening them. Why not make arcane items drop like set items and add legendsry to the lockeds. That would be the best if you want prestige of owning an arcane item you farm your *** off till you get it not buy everything from people. I think you maarkus forgot how it is to farm so maybe you should go back and try to loot some raw core that i see you wanna buy and then will have a chat about the prices ok and the value of items in the game.
    Last edited by Memnochthedevil; 07-07-2016 at 05:04 AM.