Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Item/pet rarity classifications have lost their meaning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    I actually like the fact I can finnaly afford mythic and arcane weapons and be able to run elites with little to no problem it's unfair that only rich players should have good gear as I've been playing two years and just barely got to the point I can afford it.
    No one asks for these times back again where the major game changer was the arcane ring for 100m. But it would be really helpful if the rarity was part of a concept and not just a marketing gimmick as it seems now.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    No one asks for these times back again where the major game changer was the arcane ring for 100m. But it would be really helpful if the rarity was part of a concept and not just a marketing gimmick as it seems now.
    Yeah the old prices were ridiculous, I agree rarity is a issue but I like the fact that new players don't have to farm for years like I did to be able to have a mythic weapon or an arcane pet

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Plqgue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

The sole purpose of this thread was type of items (rare,epic,legendary,mythic,arcane) loosing its meaning and well agree mythics , arcane dropped in price and available to everyone by bit hard farm at km3.its nice to see everyone with almost equal gear to compete with..But point is are items released serving the type of class they are released..

Well sts listened to this thread more than u guys bashing out at the meaningful opinion..the example are the legendary items released with this ursoth event..

Well there is no need to compare how does one plays in one map or other..we know how he plays.. .There are still old players who been playing 3.5++ years and have seen every expansion and one of them posting valid concern..

Please don't derail the topic ...Please speak to point..

Thanks..
    Apologize ,no hurt feelings..Its game to enjoy..Not a Real life..

IGN : Bluesparky

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluesparky For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    multiple version of the same item with the same rarity yet wil slight variations before it was (assault/potency... Then came assault, will, tactics, grace - warrior gear reference) though i cant put it into the right words as i would hope but ill try, this creates unecessary surplus wherein the inherit value(game currency) of the optimal version of the item type begins to have a n enormus gap with the least optimal version and i neffect , in time will accelerate the depreciation of the item type value.
    Fully agreed. But I believe the introduction and existence of these extra rarities/surplus versions are just consolation prizes because there needs to be a trophy (best version) and it needs to be rare. If this was not done, then what would be the alternative loot - the 'trick' in the 'trick or treat game of opening crates'? The good loot (best version of the item) has to be rare right for it to be valuable? Cant think of ingame currency. Cant think of only eggs. Then eggs would be devalued. What is the not-so-nice loot that could replace these surplus will, tactics, force etc?
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 07-09-2016 at 02:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Fully agreed. But I believe the introduction and existence of these extra rarities/surplus versions are just consolation prizes because there needs to be a trophy (best version) and it needs to be rare. If this was not done, then what would be the alternative loot - the 'trick' in the 'trick or treat game of opening crates'? The good loot (best version of the item) has to be rare right for it to be valuable? Cant think of ingame currency. Cant think of only eggs. Then eggs would be devalued. What is the not-so-nice loot that could replace these surplus will, tactics, force etc?
    Hi Zynzyn,

Thank you for your thoughs they do have merit. My only concern on this multiple variations is it makes the most viable option expensive and the 2-3 other not wanted and the price drops making the mythic rarity too varied in price range and in effect loosing its value. Ok i know that sounds harsh but if value = item efficiency then it can sound fair. But this is just one part of what i am asking STS to evaluate my main objective is to have a review of the Legendary items as at the moment they are not viable.

In a way i would rather have STS develop properly powered legendaries than multiple mythic version, i think their time may be more suitable if spent on that as at the moment the legendary market is dead why not revive it this will lead to better farming opportunities as most legendries are farmable and mythics usually are crate related. This will then lead to studying drop rates but thats a whole thread on its own.

I just want to add that as the game progresses the mobs/maps are being tougher and at endgame pve players need better gear to grind more and at a faster rate to hit the previous drops so in effect healthy gear is healthy farming (obviously i may be wrong but that is my assumption) So i ask why must this gear be only mythic or arcane or now the new sets? Why cant it be epic or legendary as it was in season 2,3 & 4?

Thanks for reading.

Maarkus

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Hi Zynzyn,

Thank you for your thoughs they do have merit. My only concern on this multiple variations is it makes the most viable option expensive and the 2-3 other not wanted and the price drops making the mythic rarity too varied in price range and in effect loosing its value. Ok i know that sounds harsh but if value = item efficiency then it can sound fair. But this is just one part of what i am asking STS to evaluate my main objective is to have a review of the Legendary items as at the moment they are not viable.

In a way i would rather have STS develop properly powered legendaries than multiple mythic version, i think their time may be more suitable if spent on that as at the moment the legendary market is dead why not revive it this will lead to better farming opportunities as most legendries are farmable and mythics usually are crate related. This will then lead to studying drop rates but thats a whole thread on its own.

I just want to add that as the game progresses the mobs/maps are being tougher and at endgame pve players need better gear to grind more and at a faster rate to hit the previous drops so in effect healthy gear is healthy farming (obviously i may be wrong but that is my assumption) So i ask why must this gear be only mythic or arcane or now the new sets? Why cant it be epic or legendary as it was in season 2,3 & 4?

Thanks for reading.

Maarkus
    I believe if legendary items were made too powerful,it will hurt the desirability of mythics n arcanes which will hurt the desirability of lockeds which of course will lead to less spending. For that reason I think legendary items has been purposely made weaker cuz it hurts sts pockets.

In making these maps more n more difficult it forces us to spend more on elixirs n ankhs which also leads back to plat spending.

The idea of set item farming was nice but the rarity of these items are so awful the majority of us have given up on that dream. Unless someone have millions to spend on these set items it's next to impossible to complete

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melthyz View Post
    I believe if legendary items were made too powerful,it will hurt the desirability of mythics n arcanes which will hurt the desirability of lockeds which of course will lead to less spending. For that reason I think legendary items has been purposely made weaker cuz it hurts sts pockets.

In making these maps more n more difficult it forces us to spend more on elixirs n ankhs which also leads back to plat spending.

The idea of set item farming was nice but the rarity of these items are so awful the majority of us have given up on that dream. Unless someone have millions to spend on these set items it's next to impossible to complete

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    Hi Melthyz

I see you point but ofcourse items should still follow the rarity progression thus legendary to be usefull enough to run maps but obviuosly mythic should have a distinct and substantial power lever higher and obviously arcane to be way better.

The thing is running maps efficiently means be all mythic and arcane geared which alienates the other rarities.

Its really a delicate balance wich i think STS hasnt achived yet but are working hard to. That said i really think they were on the right path but by the new released items they just took a step back ... Withiut knowing it.

Thanks for your thoughs.

Maarkus