Thread: Throwback Weeks - An Idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Default Throwback Weeks - An Idea

So just an idea to throw out there.....What if once a month there was a week where we had throwback items (older vanities and pets for example from the past) placed into discontinued crates that are farmable
    in a specific area.

What we get out of it is the chance to spend plat or keys and loot something we wish we had a chance at looting but cant because its discontinued.
    What STS gets out of it is a constant stream of extra plat being spent each month.

Give the platinum based crate a slightly different name so it doesn't interfere with the normal crates and place only specific stuff in them so the other crates don't de-value.

Sooooo maybe I just want to see that amazing Locked Grand Crate of the Watch drop again from a reroll on a boss kill.......no, thats not it wink, wink.

This is just an idea, maybe its crazy, maybe its not, but I always like throwing out different ideas. Let me know what you guys think about this or some other variant of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    So just an idea to throw out there.....What if once a month there was a week where we had throwback items (older vanities and pets for example from the past) placed into discontinued crates that are farmable
    in a specific area.

What we get out of it is the chance to spend plat or keys and loot something we wish we had a chance at looting but cant because its discontinued.
    What STS gets out of it is a constant stream of extra plat being spent each month.

Give the platinum based crate a slightly different name so it doesn't interfere with the normal crates and place only specific stuff in them so the other crates don't de-value.

Sooooo maybe I just want to see that amazing Locked Grand Crate of the Watch drop again from a reroll on a boss kill.......no, thats not it wink, wink.

This is just an idea, maybe its crazy, maybe its not, but I always like throwing out different ideas. Let me know what you guys think about this or some other variant of this.
    Lol do u want the economy to move down again if u bring back the old vanities then the auctions will clash again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

in a specific area.

So you mean like a little event to hunt locks that contain vanities? Ex like a massive drops exclusives like medusa or arlor ? Getting a chance at that I'm willing to do xD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canbolt View Post
    Lol do u want the economy to move down again if u bring back the old vanities then the auctions will clash again
    bring economy down so all can afford XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Discountinued items are just that: discontinued. And they are for some good reasons. If you want them, pay the price instead of asking to devalue items other people worked hard for so you can have a cheap shot at them.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Discountinued items are just that: discontinued. And they are for some good reasons. If you want them, pay the price instead of asking to devalue items other people worked hard for so you can have a cheap shot at them.
    Dang man, tell me how you REALLY feel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    tell that to steel commando vest
    That is a perfect example that alienated a lot of players who lost gold. And if i remember right, stg replied in reaction to the outcry this is limited to the official season vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Crystal clear and as defined as 1080p (or 4k these days).........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Look, I get that no one wants their hard earned vanities or pets to suddenly become devalued or minimized because everyone can get it, but c'mon.

So no players should ever have a chance of getting some of those awesome old school vanities or pets because a select few will lose the value of thier vanity? I spent 3 million on a arcane shard and the next day it was 300,000 when the rengol expansion launched because the arcane drop rate was so high. I bought the lvl 46 arcane weapons early and lost millions by not waiting. People were ticked off with the Sns move but more people were happy with it than not.

Point is, everyone has experianced an item losing its value buy a lot but that shouldnt mean Sts shouldnt give new or even a 3 year old player like me a chance at somepoint to earn an awesome item from the past.

Besides there would still be some rarity because the items are in crates requiring plat. Please dont take this too seriously, its just an idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Look, I get that no one wants their hard earned vanities or pets to suddenly become devalued or minimized because everyone can get it, but c'mon.

So no players should ever have a chance of getting some of those awesome old school vanities or pets because a select few will lose the value of thier vanity? I spent 3 million on a arcane shard and the next day it was 300,000 when the rengol expansion launched because the arcane drop rate was so high. I bought the lvl 46 arcane weapons early and lost millions by not waiting. People were ticked off with the Sns move but more people were happy with it than not.

Point is, everyone has experianced an item losing its value buy a lot but that shouldnt mean Sts shouldnt give new or even a 3 year old player like me a chance at somepoint to earn an awesome item from the past.

Besides there would still be some rarity because the items are in crates requiring plat. Please dont take this too seriously, its just an idea.
    There is a big difference: Every gear is meant to be obsoleted at some point, exactly that is why some people don't care for the best stats and rather collect vanity things. With gear and pets Stg corrected mistakes (actually they have overdone it imho, look at the market) but vanities are not on the same page. They are not needed, no one has a heads up when using them. And old and new players have to make the same effort to get them. So why destroy the value of old items instead of creating new items with new chances?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Throwback to the cake event, yes..yessssss

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

There is a big difference: Every gear is meant to be obsoleted at some point, exactly that is why some people don't care for the best stats and rather collect vanity things. With gear and pets Stg corrected mistakes (actually they have overdone it imho, look at the market) but vanities are not on the same page. They are not needed, no one has a heads up when using them. And old and new players have to make the same effort to get them. So why destroy the value of old items instead of creating new items with new chances?
    Okay, I get what your saying, honestly I dont care about the old vanities really. My main point is I thought it would be cool to bring back the old plat based crates at some point for an event and stuff 'em with something ; jewels, anhks, new vanities, pets, whatever. The point wasnt to devalue anything, but more just to have a little fun with crates of the past. Like I said, I just thought it would be fun to farm locked grand crates and rengol crates as a throwback event at some point in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

in a specific area.

This will literally make the Auction and Whole Arlor down. And yes, this is the craziest idea I've ever seen.
    PERSEVERANCE and HARDWORK Propels SUCCESS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Okay, I get what your saying, honestly I dont care about the old vanities really. My main point is I thought it would be cool to bring back the old plat based crates at some point for an event and stuff 'em with something ; jewels, anhks, new vanities, pets, whatever. The point wasnt to devalue anything, but more just to have a little fun with crates of the past. Like I said, I just thought it would be fun to farm locked grand crates and rengol crates as a throwback event at some point in the future.
    people get REAL touchy at the thought of old stuff coming back, as you've found i think your idea of bringing back locked crates from the past for a one off chance at some older loot (like the pet ethyl, who i don't think can be looted anymore?) is pretty cool- if it included old event gear but scaled up that would be pretty awesome.

My home, normally my desk or in the bed :v
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Bad idea :v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acewasabi View Post
    people get REAL touchy at the thought of old stuff coming back, as you've found i think your idea of bringing back locked crates from the past for a one off chance at some older loot (like the pet ethyl, who i don't think can be looted anymore?) is pretty cool- if it included old event gear but scaled up that would be pretty awesome.
    Yea, thanks for backing up the general idea behind this. I wish people were more constructive about the main idea behind this, not just freaking out about how bringing back vanities will be bad for economy and thier stash.

If you dont like it thats cool, but offer a way that it COULD work in your opinion.
    Is the whole idea bad or just part of it, and what could be changed to make it work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konafez View Post
    Throwback to the cake event, yes..yessssss
    Hmmm why not make cake vanity instead whole set from head to banner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acewasabi View Post
    Because grandpa's and grandma's will cry ocean if sts brings their century old stuffs back to the masses. lol