Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vanity Item for Beta Testers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I think the beta testers WHO SUBMITTED REPORTS should get a vanity. Yes. But those who just played so they could get the best loot early have already gotten their rewards.

@ Cascade: LOL! No. The belief of the true fanboi is, "SL must have serious problems. Apple's testers must be dismayed. If it was any good, they would have released it by now. There's something wrong! If Apple won't approve it, I probably wouldn't want it." LOL! That's how a real fan thinks. Anything less isn't fanatical enough to be considered fandom.

p.s. A lot on non-Verizon droidees are in the same boat as all the Apple "fanbois".
    If they do get a vanity, it should not be something that would get them an advantage. Just a snazzy look. Beta testers were able to test the game, level up, get credits, gear, and knowledge BEFORE most others. And now you say they should get a vanity item. So people who submitted reports somehow didnt get a reward?! STS said that keeping the data was a reward. I say no vanity item. Beta testers beta to keep their data! STS could delete em but they didnt as a ty for helping out.

Just my thoughts.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't care about a special vanity for beta testers, but in general, we need a head squid helmet once we go live, haha!
    Ecuas - Lvl 21 pure dex Op; MegamaxIX - Lvl 21 str/int Engi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jjhiza View Post
    I don't care about a special vanity for beta testers, but in general, we need a head squid helmet once we go live, haha!
    haha that would be cool!

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think the beta players should get nothing. Im so against a small group of people getting something others cant(bonus stats). If it is vanity thats cool but loaded vanity is just wrong.(im in beta)

The gear is not the best. The credits from gear are 1,2,3 credits. We have nothing special going on. We are lucky to see 50people playing. They said a reset on k/d. I think most people stoped playing.(.reset k/d. I like it but hate it.)
    The only ones doing ok are your farmers. Trust me when I say your farmers dont make that much in credits.
    I think just about everyone in beta. Is ready for everyone to join in.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Register, et. al., I hear what you're saying that playing the game is a reward in itself. But I'm trying to make a distinction here between actual beta testers and de facto beta testers. I think the actual ones, who provided awesome feedback, should get a little, non-stat-affecting vanity. And I am sure the team in STS who was tasked to get feedback from the beta team know exactly which ones merit that sort of vanity.

Hey, I'm glad they can't sell and there are no pinks or purples until release. Even so, those who played but didn't report were just players, not really beta testers, and they shouldn't get anything special.

But those who went above and beyond deserve recognition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    If they do get a vanity, it should not be something that would get them an advantage. Just a snazzy look. Beta testers were able to test the game, level up, get credits, gear, and knowledge BEFORE most others. And now you say they should get a vanity item. So people who submitted reports somehow didnt get a reward?! STS said that keeping the data was a reward. I say no vanity item. Beta testers beta to keep their data! STS could delete em but they didnt as a ty for helping out.

Just my thoughts.
    1) by keeping our data you mean stuff like gear? That would be cool, if we had any actual awesome gear. Green is current max, Plat store is universal best. Not to mention leaderboards.
    2) the argument that founder helm people usually put up is that "we helped PL by playing and paying a unfinished product" and that seems to resonate quote loudly here.
    3)founder helm has stats. Just saying.

I am using this as either an argument for a nice thank you/we where there piece or as a anti founder helm logic.
    I mean c'mon, it's fine and dandy to have a item merely stating you were there. Like Halloween pumpkin

Why is it that apple users seem to complain the most... I'm speaking statistically. As soon as 6 month founder helm thing came it was an outrage to the "real founders".
    As soon as Droid beta testers have a chance at their own special piece they are all "ugh major unfair".
    Yes not all Droid users got to play, but there were plenty of beta keys and Verizon users out there, and it's not like all apple users got the game the first month anyway. I didnt.
    Last edited by Arterra; 07-25-2011 at 01:39 PM.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Arterra, what are you talking about? I'm an Apple dude. I'm in favor of this idea, except only for those who posted or mailed the devs with bugs and suggestions. I think they did provide a service, as did those who were here when I got here. I don't mind someone else getting something they deserve and me not getting it. It doesn't matter what OS you use, people are the same either way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Lol not all roses are red snake, don't worry.

Edit:
    I will say this: Discriminating between OS is not great I know, but look at the threads that came up with the helm.
    Last edited by Arterra; 07-25-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Arterra, what are you talking about? I'm an Apple dude. I'm in favor of this idea, except only for those who posted or mailed the devs with bugs and suggestions. I think they did provide a service, as did those who were here when I got here. I don't mind someone else getting something they deserve and me not getting it. It doesn't matter what OS you use, people are the same either way.
    I found 4 bugs and 1 major one does this still mean i want a vanity..... I say na keeping my toons is enough, but if they decide to give us one then so be it nothing can replace my squirrel helmet!

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Actually, looking over the major responders in the bugs section, and those who made guides already, most of them are Guardians or Scribes already. So maybe those who aren't should just get rewarded that way, by making them Scribes or Guardians.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

We never thought we would get anything for being with PL so long, and to my knowledge we didn't ask. I would have been happy to beta test, give helpful reports, and still ask for nothing in return. I don't think testers (no matter how helpful or unhelpful) should get special treatment for early playing/testing. I would gladly give up a vanity item for the chance to learn the game early and help others when the game is released.
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'd have thought all beta testers that are known on the forum would have given feedback. If not tsk tsk tsk do it now lol.

But I do understand that some who was in the beta wasn't looking for bugs and just wanted to have fun. But that's ok because it gave the devs a chance to test things server end. There has been system announcements asking for thoughts and feedback so I would have thought most players have. I have also noticed many new people on the forums so the games gaining alot of popularity.
    I'd like to thank all beta testers and fir all the feedback that has been given.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dosumn1978 View Post
    Curious if there will be a special nifty vanity item for all us beta testers? If so shweet!
    No, there will not be an item or other reward for the people taking the time to Beta test. Your reward is getting the opportunity to play Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles before everyone else has a chance to. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Lol

Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thugimmortal View Post
    Lol

lmao

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Although the Appleheads received a Founders helm for their early devotion to Pocket Legends, I don't think rewards for Droid beta SL users are warranted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I believe they got a Founders Helm for STAYING A YEAR, even though the product they got at the start was little more than a beta. Remember, only those who stayed got it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    Edit:
    I will say this: Discriminating between OS is not great I know, but look at the threads that came up with the helm.
    And that is why you should drop and not make it an issue or bring up that godforsaken series of threads again, even indirectly.

I don't think the majority of Apple players would complain if the Droid/beta guys and gals got a vanity. Fair is fair, re: the Helm That We Doth Not Speak Its Name. Most are probably just looking forward to getting to play it like me, who have had to sit on the sidelines for the beta. And I know at least I am glad you guys have found the bugs and whatnot with it, so it is better overall at launch.

To sit and lump all Apple players into a category is narrow-minded just as it would be for Apple players to say the same about all Droid players. You should know better.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    the Helm That We Doth Not Speak Its Name
    LOL! Can i say it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

As stated yes not all roses are red. Sorry for using "apple users" instead of "those users who were able to play PL due to their phone choice and found out about it in time"
    I brought up the founder helm because what this thread is asking for is more correlated to that particular type of item. Speak of it or not, the similarities are there.