Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On heavy randomness: The pain of creating the new Antignome Set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Default On heavy randomness: The pain of creating the new Antignome Set

First off, I would like to stress that this thread is not about the drop rates of set items. I believe many others have written about that, and a dev pointed out that we are seeing so many molds drop compared to helms and belts because we farm Heston and Preston far more than we do the other two bosses. So, let's do all 3 maps when farming!

My gripe today is about the heavily RNG-dependent loot method of the armor and the pendant.

At the moment, it costs around 10m to craft an antignome armor. Certainly not cheap, not out-of-this-world expensive either. The catch, though, is that 10m is actually just a chance at 4 types of armor!

I understand the point of having 4 types, but why make it random? After spending 10m gold, I can still get stuck with one type whose stats I don't need. Yes, there's a bonus in Underhul maps, but that's about it. What if I'm not going into Underhul? What about doing pvp? I'll just settle for less-than the best stats even after I spent the money? On top of that, we still have to spend on jewels.

I know people loot the wrong type of untradeable amulet after spending at least 10m on chests. Atm, all that this has become, is a gold sink. People are taking time to farm for their items and to make money. For what? By the time we finally get the types of armor and amulet we want, the game would have moved on.

Looting the mold and the amulet is already based on RNG. Please think about making the armor type based on CHOICE. Have us at least choose whether we want int or str, or dmg or crit. A 50/50 chance is acceptable to me.

For example, have a dialogue with npc:

Well done, adventurer! You are now ready to accept your new armor. Tell me about your place in battle.

• I wield my weapons close to the enemy. (This will choose between the two str types, str and damage or str and crit)

• I take careful aim of my target from afar. (This will choose between the two int types, int and damage or int and crit)

Or:

• I wish to deal deadly strikes against the enemy. (Crit type)

• I wish to wound my enemy with heavy hits. (Damage type)

I'm not creative lol, but you get the picture. Of course, my example is for rogue armors. But the same can be done for warriors' and mages' armors too.

I'd like to add my thoughts on the frustration of players who have looted the wrong type of amulet. Can you please add an NPC that will allow us to trade in the wrong amulet + (500-1000) cryostar coins for the correct amulet type? This would keep the prices of both the Gold Heretic Chests and the Sack of Cryostar Coins up, supporting the heavy farmers.

Please consider this, as it is becoming more if a JOB to keep up with gear progression instead of enjoying the game. Thank you!
    Last edited by Ticklish; 05-03-2016 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Added thoughts on amulet

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yes, please! The amount of RNG for this set is simply insane. If I'm spending hard earned gold and already took the effort, the item shouldn't be subpar.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Well said buddy! +1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

First ty so much devs for the awesome attention you've devoted to the game. I know we gripe a lot, but many of us are also very grateful for everything you're doing.

Agree very much with Tick here. From the individual player's perspective (sometimes inadequately considered) this can be immensely frustrating. There is already so much effort required to obtain this gear, why throw up a concrete barbed wire roadblock with laser shark patrols right before the finish line? Makes so many drop out of the race entirely.

At current prices, how much is needed to to guarantee you get the amulet you actually want? 50-100 million? Why can't this loot be class dependent?
    Last edited by Niixed; 05-04-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default On heavy randomness: The pain of creating the new Antignome Set

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    First ty so much devs for the awesome attention you've devoted to the game. I know we gripe a lot, but many of us are also very grateful for everything you're doing.

Agree very much with Tick here. From the individual player's perspective (sometimes inadequately considered) this can be immensely frustrating. There is already so much effort required to obtain this gear, why throw up a concrete barbed wire roadblock with laser shark patrols right before the finish line? Makes so many drop out of the race entirely.

At current prices, what how much is needed to to guarantee you get the amulet you actually want? 50-100 million? Why can't this loot be class dependent?
    It ain't pretty. I was so happy yesterday when I finally looted an amulet after more than 10m spent. Only to have Zeus mock my fame and glory when he pointed out I looted the wrong one. The tank one. Certainly doesn't have to be tradable but lemme at least hit up an npc and trade for the int type. I don't know what to do. Am i supposed to liquidate the 10m+ gold wrong amulet? Can I donate it to another tank at least? In hopes someone will donate the Mage type to me? I don't care about making gold off of it by selling it but at least let it get some use from someone. Can I hold a contest on forums to give it away at least? I don't wanna liquidate it lol. I guess I could still use it if it's the last piece of the set that I don't have for Mage type. Sigh..

Power!!

Last edited by Kriticality; 05-03-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    It ain't pretty. I was so happy yesterday when I finally looted an amulet after more than 10m spent. Only to have Zeus mock my fame and glory when he pointed out I looted the wrong one. The tank one. Certainly doesn't have to be tradable but lemme at least hit up an npc and trade for the int type. I don't know what to do. Am i supposed to liquidate the 10m+ gold wrong amulet? Can I donate it to another tank at least? In hopes someone will donate the Mage type to me? I don't care about making gold off of it by selling it but at least let it get some use from someone. Can I hold a contest on forums to give it away at least? I don't wanna liquidate it lol. I guess I could still use it if it's the last piece of the set that I don't have for Mage type. Sigh..

Power!!

Yeah...... That's screwed up..... Yesterday, after actually paying attention and researching I saw that after you do all of this endless, "finger crossing" farming for the molds "N" stuff and/or spending a hefty amount of gold on them you still have to deal with the fact that when you craft (talking about armor) you are taking, yet, ANOTHER risk at gambling for the armor that ACTUALLY suits you because there are 4 different types per class..... That kind of threw me off and put a lot of speed bumps in front of me............ Not cool............. And the fact that I now know if I want to take a gamble at the pendant I will have to be prepared for an INSANE loss acquiring something that I cannot sell or trade??????? Whats going on STS????

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    Yeah...... That's screwed up..... Yesterday, after actually paying attention and researching I saw that after you do all of this endless, "finger crossing" farming for the molds "N" stuff and/or spending a hefty amount of gold on them you still have to deal with the fact that when you craft (talking about armor) you are taking, yet, ANOTHER risk at gambling for the armor that ACTUALLY suits you..... That kind of threw me off and put a lot of speed bumps in front of me............ Not cool............. And the fact that I now know if I want to take a gamble at the pendant I will have to be prepared for an INSANE loss acquiring something that I cannot sell or trade??????? Whats going on STS????
    This is why I was more than happy to buy the Mage belt but not so happy to buy molds. Even at 2.5m a mold as people are asking now lol. I'm not paying 7.5m for mold and 3.6m for coins just for s lottery ticket. Maybe I'll pay 500k-1m for mold. Pink beetle armor better for Mage anyway atm just has no upside. I'll wait. Try to loot some things myself in the interim.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post

Power!!
    I do wish they'll make an NPC for trading the amulet. 10+m spent on looting an item only to get the wrong type is downright depressing. Not a lot of people have gold to burn. How about this: Trade in wrong amulet + 500 (or 1000) cryo coins for the correct amulet type. Yes, it may entail spending more for the cryo coins, but at least it's no longer RNG dependent, and we are still able to support the market for those who sell cryo coins.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post:

My home, normally my desk or in the bed :v
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I know, now think in the people who dont have the money to "just" buy them, for example i has been farming the last 7 days the mold, but guess what, nothing and nothing, only 6 gold heretic chest, do u think i will loot the pendant on.that 6 gold chest? and this thing of farm the set stuff to finally can farm the same.maps that i was farming before is enjoy? I dont have the gold to just buy the stuff nd.done, and the time well i guess is not enought, taking in consideratiom.that i was farming.only the first mold, i dont wanna think what about the belt and helm drop rate.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidiel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

i love how people are sinking millions of gold and time into this set when sts said there's going to be a BETTER set released in the very near future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    i love how people are sinking millions of gold and time into this set when sts said there's going to be a BETTER set released in the very near future.
    If you mean that upgraded underhul set, i remember them saying somewhere that the normal underhul set is required to get the upgraded underhul set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    If you mean that upgraded underhul set, i remember them saying somewhere that the normal underhul set is required to get the upgraded underhul set
    That is accurate. You need this complete set to upgrade it to the better one. That's why some of us are trying to loot this set. This one is like 26 and 31 mythics. Need this to get the upgrade. Every piece.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Upgrade mythic underhul set?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by creeepycreeepy View Post
    Upgrade mythic underhul set?
    He mean antignome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    I told this issue on first day of release. People told me dont complain its good as it is leave the game if you dont like it.

now this threads starting to apeear.

Well intention of making it this way is for making coin market and molds active for long period of time. Make us farm for it again and again until we get right armor. or to buy it simply from high price on auc.

On the other hand gold heretic chest amulet has to have a vendor or sth to exchange it in your class gear piece, like in kriticals position.
    Yes bc it literally will just sit there. I don't know what to do with it lol. I'll pay coins to convert it too np to further help the coin market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Be like me. Spend 10m, don't get the amulet, give up on the set.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Be like me. Spend 10m, don't get the amulet, give up on the set.
    Yikes. I've only spent 1m++, but yeah it seems pointless, especially after today's announcement about a new arcane pendant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    Yikes. I've only spent 1m++, but yeah it seems pointless, especially after today's announcement about a new arcane pendant.
    Yup, that's the one I'm getting only if it's better than the Planar amulet. This Arcane pendent has huge shoes to fill
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    Maybe because this set would be able to help you get the other set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elgrablyx View Post
    Maybe because this set would be able to help you get the other set.
    I hope lvl 36 set is last one of upgraded. No more upgrades of sets pls.