Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Design Blog] Increasing the Potential of Sorcerers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Great ideas, and they should be implemented. However, this will force sorcerers to use the above skills.

There should also be a small buff to crit as well imo.
    Buffing crit would affect PvP, these changes affect PvE only. That's all that was wrong with sorcerer.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    I heartily concur with the proposed changes, they sound awesome and are very encouraging. However I would actually rather see clock DoT increased rather than the initial damage, it seems it would be far more helpful especially in elites. Just a suggestion though.
    We did have a discussion about this, but the Time Clock and masteries make it a very powerful support spell in addition to the damage it deals in the side. Putting it more on Fireball keeps the idea that Fireball is for massive AoE, and not the support spell which is more responsible for snares, roots, and freezing in time.

We will re-evaluate after the fact but for now we're happy with the direction of the proposed changes. Keep the feedback coming!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saud View Post
    That's good thing to hear today
    because while i was doing elite I actually felt unnecessary there
    however, some of the changes are good
    point 1 is very good, i always hate when i charge my fireball in big crowd of mobs
    and some of them can't be stunned
    point 2 is almost good, but its only when its full
    because with point 1 buff and mastery we can Hit 13 Mobs!
    also 1 sec reduce is kinda useful
    point 3 I kinda didn't get it
    does that mean the damage of ticks will increase
    or when the clock dropping damage? ( i ment by dropping coming from the sky .. summon it )
    and if so is it that big?
    I kinda wish that clock can root all enemies
    Thanks again for the buff..
    hope that give us a chance to by in party of elite..
    #3 means that the initial impact of the clock will deal more damage when Charged than it does now.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

What about increased chance to proc aoe effect on lightning..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Since this thread is about "potential of sorcerer" i would like to highlight some issues with the skill Sorcerer has:

1.FB
    > Since this is a fire skill similar to magma AA it should have more damage like arcane sword lava spouts granting immunity to sorcerer and fire damage effect should spread like poison in a radius the FB was cast. This will helps the survivability of sorcerer and more effective AOE damage.

2. Timeshift
    > Rooting is the main point of having this skill, DOT should be increase damage not just the initial drop of the time shift. Rooting chance % should be made available in PVP as well using time shift (as per PVE mastery) not just slow players this will help sorcerer to create a barrier when 2-3 tanks are "ganging" in pvp with a team with no tanks

3. Curse skill
    > This skill is totally obsolete needs a revamp for PVE as it is not even effective at all to debuff the mobs or any effectiveness of this skill < 1% sorcerer are using this skill in PVE or PVP
    > PVP, skill is not use at all by most mages why ? It can be avoided and is not 100% effective due to the limits of reaching the far end of the range it can be cast and rogues just wait till it wears off the duration of the spell needs to be longer and buff, it can be cancelled by mage shield and some other skills other toons.

4. Lightning
    > Chain AOE on charge should be look at improvement as the % is too low to get the AOE during PVE and only when the movs are dying. This is hardly effective in new maps where mobs have high hp also in elites. This should be part of the mastery upgrades to get more chain AOE chance and also not when mobs are low in hp then the chance to see AOE in effect

Just my thoughts to make sorcerer a better toon to play with ..... as a team in PVP or PVE
    Last edited by will0; 05-03-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Will the Countdown of Pain upgrade be affected by this damage buff as well? Also,here is a list of things I would like to see improved for sorcerers:

1. Lifegiver Mastery-This doesn't really help much in healing allies. I think 10%-25% hp would be a reasonable amount.
    2.Curse-Some mages believe that curse deals damage based on a % of the damage received. This is wrong. Curse only deals damage at a set range. No matter how much damage it is, it is always the same. I understand that it is like this to keep the game balanced,but I think curse needs to return damage at a %. Maybe make it 115% damage on mobs and 60% on bosses.
    3.Staffs-While staffs are doing good in PvE,the only thing I would like to see is if staffs can hit more enemies per normal attack and have a slightly larger radius.
    4.Guns-Since mages do AoE damage,why not have it on guns too? (Yes I am aware that charged attacks on Mythic Guns can hit multiple enemies, but I want to see this on Legendaries too)
    5.Lightning Bolt:Electrical Discharge- We're mages man, buff the chance of this up to something like 50% charged and 35% normal.
    5.Arcane Shield+Arcane Shield Mastery-The only issue is that the upgrades for increasing the amount of damage absorbed is a bit too small,buff it up.

That's all the things that I think are changes that should be implemented for mages.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 05-03-2016 at 06:40 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

The idea of improving the number of targets hit by fireball is great. However, I think a greater initial number of targets hot and less benefit from mastery would be better so mages are not dependent on the mastery to perform their role.

My suggestion would be to change the numbers to uncharged fireball hits 7 targets and charged hits 10. With the mastery, every 3 points increases the number of possible targets by 1, as well as the cool down reduction you mentioned.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey Arlorians!

We’ve seen some good discussions lately talking about Sorcerers and their potential damage. We’ve done some comparative research on our end looking into the potential damage output of classes and we feel that Sorcerers are not shining in large group situations like we expect them to. We’ve evaluated the Sorcerer’s AoE potential and these are the solutions we plan to implement to help resolve this problem.

1) Increase the number of targets Fireball can hit by 2
    Currently uncharged Fireball can hit up to 4 targets, while charged can hit up to 6. Comparing this to the AoE of other classes it actually left Sorcerers lacking in the AoE department. As a general update for all Sorcerers we want to increase the number of targets that Fireball can hit. Uncharged Fireball will be able to hit 6 targets, while charged fireball will be able to hit up to 8.

2) Change the Mastery of Fireball to “Increase the number of targets Fireball can hit by 1 for every 2 points, and decrease the cooldown of fireball by .1 second for each point”
    We’ve heard from Sorcerers and agree that mana isn’t really their issue, and we feel that the Mastery for Fireball decreasing the mana cost isn’t that impactful. This is where the greatest AoE damage increase can come for Sorcerers. At max, this mastery will decrease the cooldown of fireball by 1 second, and increase the number of targets that can be hit by 5, which includes all bonus effects from upgrades.

3) Increase the damage output of Charged Time Shift on the initial drop of the Clock
    Time Shift is a dual utility skill, providing crowd control and a good amount of damage. After our evaluation we found that while charging Time Shift provides other benefits, it doesn’t behave like other abilities in that charging increases the damage. We plan to bring up this damage so that charging Time Shift gives you a more relevant amount of AoE while still maintaining the crowd control effects.

*Update* As a note for potential feedback, we're planning on implementing all of the above options.

I want this because I play a Sorc myself,
    STSVroom
    Very nice guys,it's exactly what I believe the majority was needing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Then make rogues AoE charged attack can shoot 3 arrows in same time, only rogue can't shoot more mobs then 1-2...

Послато са GT-I9300 уз помоћ Тапатока

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    However I would actually rather see clock DoT increased rather than the initial damage...
    What does DoT stand for? I tried to figure it out but I can't...
    Currently Playing:
    Aype [71 Mage] Rehired [61 Rogue]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rehired View Post
    Damage over Time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Maybe a good idea is to give curse some use outside of PvP clashes? ( even there is going exticnt now ) it's been months since I saw a mage use curse in pve and PvP. It's a very cool side kick ,but it's simply not worth it to sacrifice a attack skill for it. I think this should be our de-buff skill . I suggest that curse will simply grant the sorcerer a 65%( 75% if charged ) damage reflection for its duration . + maybe a 1% armor bebuff per 2 points for its mastery , and In order to balance the skill, reducing the range of it by 1-2 meters?
    +1 I totally agree
    Currently Playing:
    Aype [71 Mage] Rehired [61 Rogue]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default [Design Blog] Increasing the Potential of Sorcerers

Quote Originally Posted by Rehired View Post
    Edit nm already posted

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

If at 1500 damage my fb and clock dot don't do at LEAST twice as much dot as a 600 damage warrior with magma and aegis than this is useless upon further consideration. It's not the number of targets a Mage can kill at a snails pace. It's the pace at which they don't kill. Keep the affected targets as is and apply a multiplier based on mobs affected to the dot ticks for Mage based on their damage. This will preserve rogues role. Bc if I clock or fb a boss bc it's only one it won't have any multiplier. The multiplier should slowly increase over time to make mages undoubtedly the best mob killers in the game. Much like rogues are the best boss killers in the game. The difference must be that extreme. Who can't stun? Why do I care about cc? If a tank can stun the same amount of mobs over say 10 seconds then these upgrades do nothing. If a tank can jugg, hold aggro, and let rogues and their other skills come in and stun, how exactly are mages superior? Bc it happens initially? This doesn't make Mage superior. Increase the dot progressively depending on the mob size. I don't wanna control the crowd. I wanna kill the crowd faster than the other two classes. That's the point of aoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    If at 1500 damage my fb and clock dot don't do at LEAST twice as much dot as a 600 damage warrior with magma and aegis than this is useless upon further consideration. It's not the number of targets a Mage can kill at a snails pace. It's the pace at which they don't kill. Keep the affected targets as is and apply a multiplier based on mobs affected to the dot ticks for Mage based on their damage. This will preserve rogues role. Bc if I clock or fb a boss bc it's only one it won't have any multiplier. The multiplier should slowly increase over time to make mages undoubtedly the best mob killers in the game. Much like rogues are the best boss killers in the game. The difference must be that extreme. Who can't stun? Why do I care about cc? If a tank can stun the same amount of mobs over say 10 seconds then these upgrades do nothing. If a tank can jugg, hold aggro, and let rogues and their other skills come in and stun, how exactly are mages superior? Bc it happens initially? This doesn't make Mage superior. Increase the dot progressively depending on the mob size. I don't wanna control the crowd. I wanna kill the crowd faster than the other two classes. That's the point of aoe.

I'm not trying to say to my buddies... "Hey Zeus l, guess what? I spent 50m on the most damage in game and I'm soooo happy, I clocked 11 MOBS TODAY IN UNDERHUL!! It took 50 seconds for them to die but I got 11 at once!!"

It sounds silly bc it is. Idk. Number don't seem to be the issue the more I think about it. Stay away from mana as you said and make us the most efficient aoe class. That's what we supposed to be.

I'm also happy to submit videos and any other type of data that may be helpful to figuring this out.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thats why I think we need better lightning aoe.. If it affects pvp too much it can be pve only,no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thank you so much! ^_^
    Raise. Aim. Fire!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post

1+ for kill mob faster
    Xurux ~ Ommron ~ Cryom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Totalmente de acuerdo.

Quote Originally Posted by Asron9 View Post
    1+ for kill mob faster
    Totalmente deacuerdo con esto.
    El mago tiene potencial, es injusto solo pesar que dependemos de un escudo para poder poder hacerle frente a las otras 2 clases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Im loving it 😘😘😍😍😍

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Daehanie For This Useful Post: