Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Your thoughts on the Alien Oasis?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Banned is right.

I stuck up for Pocket Legends on facebook, when people were moaning that they had to pay for Part 2. I told them to stop complaining because it is still a seperate campaign. Like Dark Forest vs Balefort Castle.

But as much as I love them, I must use the same arguement againest the Dev's in this case. Because this is a seperate campaign, we should not have to deal with sucky items while we wait on part 2. Imagine if Swamps had the same, if not worse, gear as Lost Expedition. We would all be raging.

Part 1 or not, it is still a seperate 10plat dungeon and should follow the pattern.

C'mon Devs. Lets see you come back with something amazing like always.
    Last edited by Dizko; 06-12-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ha! I do believe you said ownd to me on the facebook page. And I had only thought that it was gonna be one set of dungons, I had no idea that Alien Oasis was a 2 or 3 part set.
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm just confused how the pharaoh hunting bow of the eagle does more damage and has more speed but does less dps than bayou bow of the eagle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default lol

the lower the speed the better the bow and therefore more overall dps if your shooting every 0.9 seconds thats better than every 1.2 seconds yeah? think golf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Esus View Post
    Ha! I do believe you said ownd to me on the facebook page. And I had only thought that it was gonna be one set of dungons, I had no idea that Alien Oasis was a 2 or 3 part set.
    Haha saw that but it wasn't me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Elffy View Post
    I'm just confused how the pharaoh hunting bow of the eagle does more damage and has more speed but does less dps than bayou bow of the eagle.
    More speed = Bad.
    Think of it as reload speed.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

I know it is tough to remember sometimes, but we're just a little group of dudes working our butts off to make this game the best it can be for you guys.

We'd love to get empirical feedback instead of emotional responses... words hurt!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I know it is tough to remember sometimes, but we're just a little group of dudes working our butts off to make this game the best it can be for you guys.

We'd love to get empirical feedback instead of emotional responses... words hurt!
    Then from an old WOW player : make an auction house, make it
    able to get 25 men raids and not 5 and finally make it possible to stash money cause i need to log in 2 accs
    to transfer money from char to char...
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with Barbamitsos

*Auction Houses
    *Guild Houses
    *Shared Money Banking
    *Big Raiding Instances (Maybe? It would be cool but is not as vital to game mechanics atm.)
    *Leader Board

These, for the most part, are vital to the game, and are improvements i hope to see. Otherwise you devs are doing an awesome job, keep it up. Cant wait to see AO:2.
    Mains: (L50 W/DEATH & HATE): Trogs, Ceno
    Big Twinks: (L35): ProByDesign (L32): SenseOfTouch (L20): Thott, XTD, Agentboo, RYFG
    Little Twinks: (L19): Trogz, TwinkThis (L17): BerserkNerd (L10): GeeYouKnit
    KDR PVP Leaderboard: Thott

The Great Mountain of .........................BLEED!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't get all Emo Justg.... Are you speaking on behalf of all the Devs? If you are taking these posts to heart, then I'd say that you are the emotional one..

On a Happier note.. I think Alien Oasis was pretty fun. It was just as much of a challenge as The Swamps. I like it that you cut out a lot of the detail, because the game ran a lot more smooth. I did not lag one single time On my way to LVL 40. (LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOO!)
    As for the weapons... They look very cool. The armor is nice, But where are the wands. I had a great time last night. Ty STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ignore the ones being emotional. Listen to the ones being logical.

Sorry If my above post seemed like I was having a go at you - I just come across dead serious when I'm evaluating and forming opinions.

Anyway, The people taking the time to write decent responses with actual advice are the ones who are willing to stick around during the early days, the ones who know it will not be perfect all the time.
    I know you are just a bunch of dudes, and you have done brilliantly - nothing suck up about it.
    But instead of getting annoyed with the haters, listen to the fans.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendaline View Post
    Don't get all Emo Justg.... Are you speaking on behalf of all the Devs? If you are taking these posts to heart, then I'd say that you are the emotional one..
    Yes Gwen, I do speak on behalf of all of the devs. And of course we take this to heart... this game has our hearts in it. We are people, just like you, and this is our life's work. As I have said before, we are not looking for snuggles and pats on the back. But when we hear that this sucks, or that is crap, it discourages us from being communicative. We very much appreciate professional feedback. That helps us make the game better for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Keep being communicative!

It adds so much more to this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But when we hear that this sucks, or that is crap, it discourages us from being communicative.
    You cannot stop a 13 y/o boy that is spending his daddy's money from telling you that your game sucks....
    You need to dwell more on the positive feedback. You and I both know that you all are doing a great job.
    Last edited by Gwendaline; 06-12-2010 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know about the rest of you, but I love the Oasis.

The maps are a lot of fun. Some cool new toys to play with, and a few nice challenging fights. I'm not quite sure what the knockers are looking for? I can't see this process changing. New campaigns will come out and the hard-core will power level and then complain about how it was all too easy. By the way, I have seen some great new items in AO. Don't know what the rest of you have seen.

Spacetime I say FANTASTIC work. I for one am having a great time and really appreciate all the work your doing. Bring me quests and I will be one VERY happy bunny.

I know this is an AO thread, but I love the other new campaign as well. More of the rehash of existing tile-sets and mobs please. I'm happy to pay for variety.
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gavry View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I love the Oasis.

The maps are a lot of fun. Some cool new toys to play with, and a few nice challenging fights. I'm not quite sure what the knockers are looking for? I can't see this process changing. New campaigns will come out and the hard-core will power level and then complain about how it was all too easy. By the way, I have seen some great new items in AO. Don't know what the rest of you have seen.

Spacetime I say FANTASTIC work. I for one am having a great time and really appreciate all the work your doing. Bring me quests and I will be one VERY happy bunny.

I know this is an AO thread, but I love the other new campaign as well. More of the rehash of existing tile-sets and mobs please. I'm happy to pay for variety.

JustG dwell on this ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think there are valid ideas for critique being said in this thread:
    Primarily, that since we'll have to pay for the separate 3 parts of AO, each part should stand on it's own. Right now Part 1 feels like just that: we paid for a distinctive campaign experience but only have a part of one. Hey I love running through these maps. The colors are nice, the layouts are great, and overall it's a positive experience. Still, there is a problem with the items not being powerful enough (except for a couple swords that get my tank's DPS to 87) to really represent that of a new campaign

...most of the good items I have I can't use, since they were made over the level cap. Really, I paid 10 platinum to just raise my character 5 levels.

Some fixes:
    1) While the drops were fixed with the latest update, all of us who bought the map when it was released are still being left out in the dark. If these items could be brought down to 40 that would go a long way in making the drops useful, but also in increasing the quality of items dropped.

2) A more involved fix addresses the high drop rate of pinks, and with the consensus of drops being poor, this could be the time to add a higher (and genuinely rare) set of items that makes part 1 a distinctive campaign worth buying for high levels.

Otherwise, if we're only getting a part of a set (regardless of how many levels of it there are), only charge us for part of a campaign. Anyways, I hope this came out the right way. I don't regret my purchase at all, and will definitely buy the next part the day it's released. I'm just trying to be constructive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I must agree with the post above. Said it better than I did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you for saving us Kingofthebear.

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #59
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Very constructive feedback KOTB

Cinco may have some more loot to release with this campaign, and the item stats and drop rates are a tricky mix that always need tweaking.

The upper levels drops were a bug, and we're going to try and get the next campaign out quickly so you can use them sooner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

SUGGESTION:
    Why not release 1 really good item for mage, archer, and bear in oasis but make it like 5 times as rare as a normal pink.

Give's us something to hunt for, ends the "there are no good items debate", and as it's rare wont destabilize anything.