Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Balance Adjustments and PvP Tiers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    My take on this: why go through all the effort and hassle and discontent with changing peoples level/gear or finding a way to create new gear that surpasses our current gear while not being profoundly broken at endgame. Nobody had complaints about the old system, atleast none that ive ever seen. 0 threads were being made saying the old system needed changing, how many threads have been made saying this one does?

Why cant we just keep the tier system for damage and healing nerfs but leave the matchmaking as it was before? ^^^ least amount of discontent from players and accomodation required on sts part but they still have an easier method for managing the damage and healing nerfs:

so once again, why go through all the hassle when complaints to the old system were nearly nonexistent? Why not keep the tiers for damage and healing nerfs but leave the matchmaking as it was before <<<< this is entirely reasonable if there were no complaints that ive seen with the old system, there wont be any complaints if its brought back
    I loved your post, I think you thoroughly explored the topic and your reasoning is very strong. I can't really argue with anything you've said.

However, I am gonna step in and defend what the devs are trying to do here. While it is true that nobody complained about the old system, it is clear that STS is now taking PvP balance seriously. They have two weeks worth of data and, now that they've analyzed it, they've discovered that balancing PvP going forward is far too complex with the current system. Devs proposed and half-implemented a new system. Unsurprisingly, players accustomed to the old, unbalanced system are resisting moving toward a new, balanced system.

We've all made significant investments that are dependent on the old system. But, if Arcane Legends is going to have a sustainable future, PvP must be well balanced. I have a stake in this change; as a level 23 pvp player I stand to lose a small fortune. However, I also want the game to thrive and, because devs have lately been amazingly responsive and open-minded, I'm willing to give them some breathing room and trust that they are trying to do what is best for everyone. I don't think they want to see our hard-earned gear drop 90% in value or otherwise create economic chaos.

That being said, the solution may well be that things return to what they were - idk. Whatever the case, I'd really like to see things how play out because maybe there is a happy medium where we players are satisfied AND authentic PvP balance is an achievable endeavor for devs.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I enjoy the level i play at now. I dont want to "level up my gear" to the highest tier. I really hope sts can come up with a solution where we can all stay at our own levels, and it can still be balanced. As i have heard many people say, nobody complained about the old system and i would love to have it back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Will sts fix that? Becouse seriously i am bored and i want to stay my level sts forcing us for go to high levels seriously not fair

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

I dont know where you guys get the idea that nobody is complaning about the old match-making system. It was a hot topic that pops up every now and then ever since the PvP was introduced. The forum just got battered with a lot of things that the twinkers already adjusted thier playing style to the old-match-making system so they don't bothered to make any new threads regarding the matter.

The thing is, the current twink community don't readily accept the new Tier-bracket system because:
    1. The twink-level they are playing was in between the bracket which means they have to break the guilds they are in to cope to the new system. Victims would be L5-6, L10-11, L15-16 etc.
    2. The gears they have which is worth millions of golds because of the special gems or gear rarity would go to waste. While the gears of the top-tier just got more expensive.

The first one is easy, since if the tier-bracket system would go the players would simply join a new guild. But the problem is the 2nd one which is the main cause of this outrage.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, you said there is unbalanced pvp now. But I want to ask you, why do you call it "unbalanced" if people who really wants to be top at their level must have the best gear and lots of skills. Isn't it balance for mmo rpg twinks? It is big part in twinking- to find rare items and choose right style in playing. And even in new system there will be rich players who will use the best set and pet and anyways will break the balance.
    Also you said that there must be more balance, what do you mean "balance"? Is it like rogues kill mages, mages kill tanks, tanks kill rogues? I think it is unreal to do balance since all players have different levels, pets and sets. So why you can't let it be like it was before?
    Btw it seems to me much more balanced 3lvls in 1pvp map. I mean, I love your idea to make 16-20zones(cuz im 18l tank) and there are no problems for me in this bracket, but I understand, since new tiers 16-20 will stay in AL more than on one month, I will lose all my friends and enemies on 16-19, because they will lvlup or delvl, and 16-19zones will be dead for twinks. I play on 18l for 3years, so i ask you: please, do not kill my level!
    It is cool that you care about balance,but please,don't break the old match-making system.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexandr_Leopardiks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

solution level braket range 2

나의 SM-G935F 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

HALL OF FAME RETURNS!
    IGN ramyunstyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wlsgh15 View Post
    solution level braket range 2

yea better braket range 1 or 2
    but this new braket no bad, sts make balanced no more cry about lv if lose in pvp all have fight with same lv in war. but this will make gear on lv 5 10 15 20 to expensive cos all player will go that level .
    IGN : PHENOMENALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muteds View Post
    yea better braket range 1 or 2
    but this new braket no bad, sts make balanced no more cry about lv if lose in pvp all have fight with same lv in war. but this will make gear on lv 5 10 15 20 to expensive cos all player will go that level .
    yeah and we just lost tons of gold for nothing. noone pays our lost and cant get gear even if we reach the tier. i am getting adjusted in new system but the thing is i cant afford rarest one. cuz only few have it.

HALL OF FAME RETURNS!
    IGN ramyunstyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wlsgh15 View Post
    yeah and we just lost tons of gold for nothing. noone pays our lost and cant get gear even if we reach the tier. i am getting adjusted in new system but the thing is i cant afford rarest one. cuz only few have it.

hahhaa yes i see now hard to sell item lv 11,12,13,16,17,18 and will go cheap price , player will lose much gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This is a really good idea.. Luckily I've already got lvl15. These changes will make It more interesting and also increase the amount of players to compete with and against. However there will be a scarcity of gears, especially those with para/eyes.

I think it will be a good idea to reintroduce these gems for Twinks or these Lvl gaps will be dominated by players who own these gears which ultimately won't help the goal that you are trying to achieve here.

Kudos though to these changes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

An easy solution for STS is to release new better twink gear during the next upcoming event, this way everyone has a chance to get the new best set at their new bracket if they decide they want to lvl up, while keeping the old premium jewel'd/gem'd sets competive. While the players will still lose money on their old sets, that's bound to happen either way IMO.
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    An easy solution for STS is to release new better twink gear during the next upcoming event, this way everyone has a chance to get the new best set at their new bracket if they decide they want to lvl up, while keeping the old premium jewel'd/gem'd sets competive. While the players will still lose money on their old sets, that's bound to happen either way IMO.
    I'm agree with this and I'd like to request for degrade level for free since it changed without a notice and lots of players lost and hurt alrdy. STS i am sure you can do that at least

HALL OF FAME RETURNS!
    IGN ramyunstyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxSkyxx View Post
    This is a really good idea.. Luckily I've already got lvl15. These changes will make It more interesting and also increase the amount of players to compete with and against. However there will be a scarcity of gears, especially those with para/eyes.

I think it will be a good idea to reintroduce these gems for Twinks or these Lvl gaps will be dominated by players who own these gears which ultimately won't help the goal that you are trying to achieve here.

Kudos though to these changes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ofc a lvl 15 is in favor of it, ur part of the 20% it benefits while the other 80% gets screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Considering ur not even an active twink why are you commenting about what is good and bad for twinks. Do you seriously think its justified for someone who spent 4m on gear 2 weeks ago then this new system comes out of the blue with zero warning and there items value and pvp experience are diminished severely? There wasnt even a need for a new system, let them be seperate, not one in the same
    Last edited by Justg; 05-09-2016 at 09:55 AM. Reason: less drama

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default PvP Balance Adjustments and PvP Tiers

Ofc a lvl 15 is in favor of it, ur part of the 20% it benefits while the other 80% gets screwed
    I'm in favour because it's a good idea... Fortunately I'm already geared but when major changes take place ofc there are those who will lose out, that's life!

I do suggest sts bring back para and eye gems though for twinks since I know ppl like yourself will be sore about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Considering ur not even an active twink why are you commenting about what is good and bad for twinks. Do you seriously think its justified for someone who spent 4m on gear 2 weeks ago then this new system comes out of the blue with zero warning and there items value and pvp experience are diminished severely? There wasnt even a need for a new system, why screw over so many people and deal with such criticism, discontent and hassle for no tangible benefit. Its bs tbh. There is zero reason why they cant implement a tier system for the nerfs while leaving matchmaking as it was before. Let them be seperate, not one in the same
    To be honest I feel where your coming from, my level16 twink efforts in the past 3 years suddenly got screwed with no warning. But I believe this change is for the good, the tier will give way to fairness (if we will all figth in the cap level of the tier), well not every twink level is like at level17 where you can fight L18s and 19s almost fairly. L9 vs L11 is an example where its so hard to win as L9. I hope this system they implement would be permanent but the devs should also find a way to compensate the "in-betweens" where the gears they have becomes useless and more importantly the discontinued gems it contains. New powerfull gears won't be enough since your going to work for that new gears while the gears you have now (worth millions) becomes crap.

Solutions I could think of:
    1. Help on Toon Level adjustment and level of gears with the discontinued gems still intact.
    or
    2. Transfer of Para and Eye gems to new gears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

LOL para eye bring back . sts never do that!
    that it would create unbalanced financesl.
    ik that best gem for pvp but that old gem and is not issued again, let it remain a special gem, if all have seen nothing special.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muteds View Post
    LOL para eye bring back . sts never do that!
    that it would create unbalanced financesl.
    ik that best gem for pvp but that old gem and is not issued again, let it remain a special gem, if all have seen nothing special.
    It is the issue, since the gears worth a lot because of them. Taking the worth out without prior warning means outrage in-game and forum. If the gears don't have those gems then its just easy to change level and go to the top tier. Players on the levels that became the top tier will be overpowered to the "in-between" that will level up, that itself is unbalanced since the gears with those gems becomes scarce and prices just skyrockeeted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    It is the issue, since the gears worth a lot because of them. Taking the worth out without prior warning means outrage in-game and forum. If the gears don't have those gems then its just easy to change level and go to the top tier. Players on the levels that became the top tier will be overpowered to the "in-between" that will level up, that itself is unbalanced since the gears with those gems becomes scarce and prices just skyrockeeted.
    if the para & eye and can be transferred to another level item, then the same course only those who have the gold very much that will save them can move all the items that have at other levels.
    I hope STS give new legendary item in next event that has a good status so that we are not left behind from those who save a lot of the para & eye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Guys, i still wonder, who said the old twink-pvp system is bad? Why do you want to change like more than half of pvp community without any reason? What are problems in that old twink system? Why you can't do changes slow, like you did before? Introduce items with events: like tarlok items, ancient sets, ice sets, galen mauls, etc, etc. Why do you want to change things in one moment which were started since 21l update, to change old pvp system- the last and the best from the old AL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I only thing I ask is the option to download a warrior I am level 16 to level 15 would go unless we are given that option